Lt. Commander
# 11
06-15-2012, 04:56 PM
I do like what i see so far but i can't help but get a little upset about Lobi. I would like too see them removed all together. Everything else Looks really really good, can't wait for season 7
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-15-2012, 04:58 PM
wow, can not wait for all of this! plus the sovereign class refit
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
This statement concerns me. Isnt there going to be 3-4 months between S6 and 7? If the Spotlight rewards are *truly* coming "shortly" after S6's release, why even mention S7 which is several months away? Is "shortly" just PR for "sometime before S7" or what?
"shortly after S6 means the months following S6"

The software devs can begin working on the Foundry reward feature as soon as they are done with S6 tasks. We've already been planning to do this for some time, and as such the remaining "work" will be quick. So if S6 ships in July, then you may see Foundry Spotlight in Aug or Sept and that still leaves 3 months before end of the year (we have not announced when S7 is releasing other than before the end of the year).

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdss4 View Post
was hoping there would be an announcement about them being done away with. I hope the community here continues to voice their disdain for these dreadful cash grab lottery boxes and forces Cryptic to remove them permanently.
We have heard the feedback and will be making changes to how players earn the rare limited time only ships. You've already seen a big change with the DS9 DOFF Promo. We will continue to tweak these offerings (as any retailer would) so that we strike the right balance with demand.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Quote:
While most of the article sounded great, this didn't:

I stopped playing because of lockboxes, and if they're not going away, I doubt I'm coming back. Very disappointing, tbh, as I was hoping there would be an announcement about them being done away with. I hope the community here continues to voice their disdain for these dreadful cash grab lottery boxes and forces Cryptic to remove them permanently.
I just ignore the lockboxes lol. "You got a Jem'hadar Attack Cruiser, Galor Destroyer, and Ferengi Marauder on your first try? Congrats, now I'm going to cruise along in my Defiant"

While I don't think they're the best update ever, I just always do "pass" in STFs. I have noticed I have gotten a lot less in the game, so that's good, some loot drops have been balanced I believe.
------
Also, I heard many people are having this problem, foundry slots cannot be purchased, always "purchase failed", but I read that this was going to be fixed in or around Season 6, so cool cool cool as well.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-15-2012, 05:01 PM
Probably beam fire at will or things such as Tyken's Rift or Gravity well should help us get out of a tholian web.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-15-2012, 05:02 PM
so is this like the presidential state of the union address and from thepic in the link like F.D.R.'s fireside chats during WWII
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jg2112
Probably beam fire at will or things such as Tyken's Rift or Gravity well should help us get out of a tholian web.
Maybe, maybe. Polarize hull might also help.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-15-2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
then you may see Foundry Spotlight in Aug or Sept
Well, thanks for that info. It might be better to leave off the qualifier "shortly" though, if it might be a couple of months after :p
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Quote:
While most of the article sounded great, this didn't:

I stopped playing because of lockboxes, and if they're not going away, I doubt I'm coming back. Very disappointing, tbh, as I was hoping there would be an announcement about them being done away with. I hope the community here continues to voice their disdain for these dreadful cash grab lottery boxes and forces Cryptic to remove them permanently.
I'll continue to voice my support for them, thank you very much.

Good read Dan. Looking forward to the fleet stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Will the Tholians Npcs do the web when there are X of their ships or will they only do it if Y ship is present ?