Captain
# 11421
12-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Vornak: I hope you know what you're doing, Captain.

*A few moments later, the two interrogators walk in, Interrogator 2 holding his disruptor pistol. They are surprised to find Terry still in place.

Interrogator 2 sees the guard unconscious on the floor before turning to Vornak's empty bio-bed.*

Interrogator 2: Where's Vornak?!

Vornak: Right here!

*Vornak darts out of the shadows, sending both the interrogators flying into the opposite wall, slamming them hard against it. Vornak fights to keep from crushing them.*

Captain, I believe it is time to leave.

*Terry's restraints snap open.*
*The Interrogator wakes up and laughs.. *

Interrogator: Stupid half breed.. I activated the emergency systems he is going through the trip of the rest of his life..

*He stands up and the is a little flip coming from his wrist as a weapon comes up.*

*Terry is back in the mind... He feels the voice coming about..*

Terry: *grimacing as memories that are not his come flooding in * Stop it..

ENOUGH!!!

James: Son. Collect your thoughts.. They are yours to control not the other way around.

Terry: *Slowly realizing it.. as he stands up*

ENOUGH!! You are mine. To control...

*The voices within are silenced as the dreams calm and come.*

What is going on with me?

James: The spice is a dangerous thing your saturation with it is a defense and a gateway to more things.

Terry: More? What do you mean?
Captain
# 11422
12-15-2013, 02:30 PM
Terry: *James vanishes as the field returns, Dani is there in that relaxed dress his friends and loved ones all around, until the fields of green begin to turn a sickly black and the sky is grey. *

No...

*The people around him die and wither... He falls to his knees when Dani begins to wither, the Elibisi is around him Harbinger included towering over him... *

No No... *He begins to feel pain *

No..!!! *He then starts to roar in pain and rage... then his roar turns more into animistic and non-human..*

*He snaps out of it.. His voices quiet and he sees many things going on...*
Starfleet Veteran
# 11423
12-15-2013, 03:26 PM
*S.S. Tora Zhiyal, Dani's Quarters. Tara is now leaving, after comforting Dani as much as she could. Dani's given her the photo of her and Ken. She walks out, finding Emma outside waiting for her.*

Tara: What do you want?

Emma: I wanted to talk about what happened earlier.

*Tara stares at her long and hard before nodding her head to the side to signal Emma to walk with her as she heads back to her Quarters on the other side of the ship.*

I wanted to apologise. Kenar told me that you were having anger issues so I figured I'd help you blow off steam.

Tara: I know. Thanks.

I needed it.

Emma: That's not an excuse for how I treated your sister. I needed to get you angry and she was the easiest and quickest way. That doesn't mean I should have done it.

Tara: No, it doesn't.

*Emma turns her head, a hint of loathing visible in Tara's eyes.*

But I'm not the person you should be apologising to.

*Tara picks up speed, prompting Emma to stop. They didn't have anything else to say to each other anyway.

After a few seconds, Tara stops and turns back to her.*

By the way, nice moves.

*Emma smirks.*

Emma: I wish I could say the same for you.

*Tara also smirks, enjoying their verbal fencing match.*

Tara: Of course, your moves were hardly really fighting. More like brawling - by which I mean 'do this and hope it hurts her'.

Emma: Well, they'd have been more impressive, but it was a brawl, and you did take me by surprise.

But, if you want a rematch, just let me know.

*Emma turns away and starts walking off. Tara lets her smirk turn into a grin as she continues on her own way... until Luke runs into her... literally. Tara feels herself get flung to the floor, letting out a cry as she flies in mid-air before colliding and groaning after her landing, rubbing the back of her head.

Luke darts down to help her, checking her head while holding her hand.*

Luke: Oh my God, Tara, I am so sorry! I had no idea--!

Tara: Stop... head - hurts. Speak... softly...

Luke: You must have a concussion--!

Tara: Fuller, I swear to God, speak softly or I'll break your tongue...

Luke: Sorr--!

*She shoots a glare at him.*

*Softly* Sorry.

Tara: No, I don't have a concussion. Just a little dizzy...

*Luke helps her up, rubbing the back of her head, feeling the bump from where she hit the deck. Tara winces in pain as her head is still throbbing.*

Luke *softly*: You should get that looked at.

Tara: Luke, I've been tending my own wounds for nearly 2 years. Relax, I'll be okay. Just help me to my Quarters...

Luke *softly*: Are you sure? Mine are closer.

*Tara puts on a mischievous grin - well, as mischievous as she can while reeling from a high-velocity impression with a tritanium deck plate.*

Tara: You don't need to knock me to the floor to get me in your quarters, Luke.

*Luke's face goes red, as he looks at her in shock.*

Luke: What?! No! I didn't mean--!

*Tara giggles as she leans on him.*

Tara: I'm only playing with you, Fuller.

Luke: Oh..., well...

Tara: Are you disappointed?

Luke: What? No! Wait, I mean--!

*Tara grins at him before wincing again.*

Tara: Not so loud...

Luke *softly*: Sorry.

*Luke helps Tara into his quarters, lowering her onto the sofa before heading over to the kitchen area. THe kitchen area consists of a food replicator, a counter and a small stove (a panel with a heating matrix underneath it). Luke opens the storage compartment in the counter and pulls out a first aid kit, carrying it over to Tara. He pulls out the medical scanner. He quickly confirms that it's only a minor knock on the head.*

Luckily, Miss Forrester, you don't need a trip to sickbay.

Tara *sarcastically, still in pain*: Oh yay...

Luke *softly*: But you will need to lie down for a while and I don't feel comfortable having you walk halfway across the ship to get to your quarters.

*Tara raises an eyebrow at him, mischievous smile back in force.*

Don't give me that look. Come on.

*He helps her into the bedroom, lowering her onto his bed before walking out. He leaves the door open.*

Tara: You know, a girl could get the wrong idea.

Luke: I know I'm going to regret indulging in this conversation, but...

How do you mean?

Tara: Well, here I am, a stricken and beautiful damsel in distress in the bed of my savior.

Luke: You forgot 'modest'.

*Tara smirks as he walks back in with the first aid kit, leaning her down onto the pillow. He pulls out a hypospray and injects it into her arm.*

There. That should help with the pain.

Tara: Thanks.

*Tara starts to sit up, Luke holding her down.*

What's the big idea?

Luke: Rest.

*Luke gets up and takes the first aid kit with him back into the main room.*

It's 02:00 and you haven't slept since D.I.S. kidnapped you.

Tara: This is only a single bed.

Luke: Don't start. I'll be sleeping on the couch.

Tara: That's not fair. These are your quarters.

Luke: I'm still not totally convinced you don't have a concussion. Even so, you need the rest and you need to be comfortable.

*He walks back in, opening his wardrobe and pulling out a spare pillow and blanket.*

There's another First Aid kit in here if you need it. The hypo's already set.

Tara: It's still not fair.

Luke: Look I'm not letting you leave that bed until I'm confident you won't faint.

Tara: We could always... share?

Luke: You yourself pointed out it's only single size.

Tara: We could make room.

Luke: You're supposed to be resting.

Tara: You know, other guys would be thanking their luck for this opportunity.

Luke: Yeah, well, not me.

Tara: Why?

*Luke feels a knot in his stomach at that question.*

Luke *thinking*: Trust her to deliberately ask an awkward question she knows I can't answer correctly.

*Out loud* I'm not going to answer that.

*Tara gives him a confused smile.*

Tara: Come on, Luke. You need the sleep as much as I do.

*Luke sighs.*

Luke: You're not going to let me win this argument, are you?

Tara: Nope!

Luke: You know Tara, you are the most devious, conniving, manipulative--

Tara: Fun-loving, humorous, stunning girl you've ever met?

Luke *muttering to himself*: Can't argue with any of that.

Tara: Sorry?

Luke: I said I'd better get you a change of clothes for tomorrow.

*Tara shakes her head at his obvious attempt to change the subject as he starts to leave.*

Tara: Lock code's 6124. My pajamas are on my bed.

Luke: Got it.

*Luke walks out.*

Old Wounds - Star Trek: Victorious (A Star Trek Online Fanfic)
"Only one human captain has ever survived combat with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."
Starfleet Veteran
# 11424
12-15-2013, 03:34 PM
OOC: Okay, I decided to cut this post in half because it was getting stupendously long. This is a continuation of the above post.

*After a few minutes, Tara sits up, looking around. She has to admit, she's surprised. She's been in guys' rooms before and she's always been welcomed by clothes on the floor and such, but Luke's Quarters are in amazing order. The only mess in the room is from when he got the pillow and blanket out of the wardrobe to reveal the first aid kit and the pile of the blanket and pillow on the floor a few meters from the foot of the bed.

She stands up, carefully walking over to the small desk on the wall. The desk has a touch interface built into it with the screen built into the wall, like her own room, but the desk also has a couple of picture frames on it. One is of Luke and his Dad, James, in the Zhiyal's Engine Room and the other is of a group of 3; a man, a woman, and Luke in the middle. The scene is perfect, except for one thing; the whole group is smiling, but Luke's smile seems somewhat faked, as if it's hiding fear.*

Tara: You're imagining things, Tara. If Luke had problems with his parents, why would he have a photo frame of them on his des--?

*The image changes to one of Luke and Drake, Drake giving Luke a Tora Zhiyal jumpsuit. This was when Luke came aboard.

The frame's on slideshow mode. Tara picks it up, tapping the screen and bringing up the menu. She sees that the family photo has never been viewed manually, and skipped in slideshow mode a lot more than any of the other images.*

He must not have bothered to delete it...

But why would he want to avoid the photo of his parents so much...?

*Tara winces in pain as she feels a wave of dizziness pass over her. Great, not only were the painkillers starting to wear off, but she really was getting tired. She puts the frame back on slideshow mode and sets it back on the desk.

She lays back down on the bed, setting her head into the pillow.

She lays there for a few minutes before Luke walks back in, carrying her backpack. He takes out a set of pajamas and sets them on the foot of the bed.*

Luke: I picked up a white tank top and some grey jogging bottoms. They were the first things I saw in your dresser and I didn't know what you'd prefer.

*Tara grins at him mockingly.*

Tara: Luke, my un--?

*Luke facepalms at his own stupidity.*

Luke: Right. I'll go back--

Tara: luke, I'll be going back to my quarters in the morning anyway. Relax.

In fact, you really didn't need to get the change of clothes.

*Luke blushes, shrugging his shoulders. He wanders over to his wardrobe and takes out his own pajamas before walking out.*

Luke: I'll let you get...

*He steps back in.*

Almost forgot.

*He picks up the blanket and pillow before walking back out.*

I'll let you get some sleep.

Tara: Luke, wait.

*The door shuts before she can finish.

2 minutes later. Luke is in his pajamas, the lamp next to his sofa on dimly as the shutters of the window close. He lays down.*

Computer, lights.

*The lights dim.*

Monitor on. Tune in to--

*The bedroom doors open as Tara walks out, now in her own pajamas. She leans in the doorway, looking at Luke. Luke stands up and walks over to her, slightly speechless.*

Luke: Tara... you look...

Tara: Yes?

Luke: Cute.

*Tara gives him a quirky look at that. She's only wearing a beige top and bottoms. Okay, a very light beige top and bottoms.

Then again, she did also have her hair flowing completely free over her shoulders and that would probably go well with the pajamas.

Which was probably why Kenabi bought them for her. The fact that they were a gift from Ken is why she kept them at the standby in case she had to run from Mari on short notice.

She felt she should start to get upset at the memory, but with Luke next to her, she couldn't, even if she wanted to. Something about him made it impossible.

She snaps out of her trance before grabbing him by the arm and leading him into the bedroom.*

What's the big--?

Tara: I've checked. There's just enough room for us both to sleep in your bed as long as we don't... you know...

Luke: Okay, that thought never even crossed my mind.

Tara: Great. There's just one thing.

Luke: What?

Tara: It's gonna be tight. You have a double-size duvet, but the mattress...

Luke: is only single-size. We've gone over that before.

When you say tight...

Tara: Put it this way, we're going to be very close together. That might be awkward for friends...

Luke: Right... for friends...

Luckily... *He trails off.*

Tara: I was hoping you'd say something like that.

*She gets in the bed, squeezing over all the way to the side to make room for Luke.*

Luke: Are you sure?

Tara: Luke, it's not like anything's gonna happen. My head's still a little shaky, okay? I'd feel more comfortable with you here.

We're just sharing the same bed for the night, not--

Luke: Okay, okay...

I'm just wondering if you maybe would feel uncomfortable with someone other than Ke--

Tara: No, I wouldn't. Not with you, anyway.

I trust you.

*Luke lays down next to her. The two lay down back to back, barely fitting on the bed. After a few moments, Luke snuggles in.*

Luke: I'm glad you trust me that much Tara.

Tara?

*He turns his head back slightly, hearing a soft snoring. He just manages to roll over and see Tara sound asleep. He smiles, pulling the sheets up to Tara's shoulder.*

Sweet dreams...

*Within minutes, he himself falls asleep.*

OOC: So yeah, let me know what you think. I really wanted to show these two getting a lot closer to each other and, you have to admit, that is freakin' adorable. I also wanted to delve into Luke's character a lot more and show his personality. He's a bit flirtatious, but also a little nervous and a gentleman. He doesn't want to rush Tara and wants to keep things going at her pace (even when she thinks her pace is faster than it really is). I'll develop the angle with his family when a get on tomorrow (or later, depending on if I can get to sleep).

But anyway, tell me what you think (all of you, not just Allen, please).

"Only one human captain has ever survived combat with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."
Starfleet Veteran
# 11425
12-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*The Interrogator wakes up and laughs.. *

Interrogator: Stupid half breed.. I activated the emergency systems he is going through the trip of the rest of his life..

*He stands up and the is a little flip coming from his wrist as a weapon comes up.*

*Terry is back in the mind... He feels the voice coming about..*

Terry: *grimacing as memories that are not his come flooding in * Stop it..

ENOUGH!!!

James: Son. Collect your thoughts.. They are yours to control not the other way around.

Terry: *Slowly realizing it.. as he stands up*

ENOUGH!! You are mine. To control...

*The voices within are silenced as the dreams calm and come.*

What is going on with me?

James: The spice is a dangerous thing your saturation with it is a defense and a gateway to more things.

Terry: More? What do you mean?
Vornak: What have you done to him?

Captain
# 11426
12-15-2013, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Vornak: What have you done to him?
Interrogator: *His face goes blank and afraid as there is a hiss from the machine as Terry leans upward.. aside from the bruises and cuts he is fine and calm as ever but quiet.. he opens his eyes which are now glowing a faint blue and multiple colors, yet they are human eyes.*

It that dose should have killed you...

Terry: The Spice you mean? *He takes the cup and drinks from it with visibly no effect on him and his serious tone comes out as the steel in his voice returns.*

What you Romulans fail to realize is that the spice saturated my body at the moment of my birth...

Now it can no longer harm me..

*He finishes the cup and set it down.*
Starfleet Veteran
# 11427
12-16-2013, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
Interrogator: *His face goes blank and afraid as there is a hiss from the machine as Terry leans upward.. aside from the bruises and cuts he is fine and calm as ever but quiet.. he opens his eyes which are now glowing a faint blue and multiple colors, yet they are human eyes.*

It that dose should have killed you...

Terry: The Spice you mean? *He takes the cup and drinks from it with visibly no effect on him and his serious tone comes out as the steel in his voice returns.*

What you Romulans fail to realize is that the spice saturated my body at the moment of my birth...

Now it can no longer harm me..

*He finishes the cup and set it down.*
Vornak: However, we can very much harm you!

*Vornak throws the two across the room, smashing them against the opposite wall, knocking them both out.

He then turns to Terry.*

I believe now would be a good time to leave.

Starfleet Veteran
# 11428
12-16-2013, 03:06 AM
*S.S. Tora Zhiyal, Luke's Quarters. Luke is working on his computer, now dressed after the night, when Tara swings her arms around him from behind, still in her pajamas. Luke turns his head to face her, smiling.*

Luke: I thought you were still asleep.

Tara: Maybe I was...

*She plants a kiss on his cheek.*

But I'm not anymore.

*She lets go, sitting back on the bed. Luke smiles at her.*

Luke: You're in a good mood this morning.

How's your head?

Tara: Okay.

*She looks off to his side, noticing the photo frame display the photo of him and the man and women.*

Are those your parents?

*Luke turns to the frame, anxiously tapping the screen to skip the image.*

Luke *uncomfortable*: Yeah.

*Tara looks at him, confused and concerned. Okay, she had her own issues with her family, but not to the point where she doesn't want to see their faces. She waits a few moments, thinking of what to say.*

Tara: They seem nice.

Luke *uncomfortable*: I suppose they would.

Tara *expectantly*: But...?

Luke *uncomfortable*: But I don't want to talk about it.

Tara: You know you can trust me.

Luke: What difference does that make? You trusted me and didn't want to discuss your family.

Tara: Fair enough. I'm just saying, you can talk to me.

Luke: I know.

Tara: When you're ready... let me know.

Luke: Right.

*After an awkward moment, Luke gets up and picks up his uniform jacket before heading out of the bedroom. Tara stops him.*

Tara: Luke, wait.

I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable.

Luke: It's fine, Tara, really.

I have to go.

*He continues out towards the exit.*

Tara: Luke, wait. Luke!

*Luke walks out, leaving Tara alone.

She looks out the window as the Zhiyal and Kenway's ship drop out of warp and approach an M-Class planet. Tara sighs as the two ships enter orbit.*

Here we go...

*Meanwhile, Shuttlebay. Drake, Jack and Mortana meet Kenway as the Elim is powering up.*

Drake: Ready to go, Kenway?

Starfleet Veteran
# 11429
12-16-2013, 03:21 AM
OOC: Hey, Logan, out of curiosity, where is the C.I.S. capital?

*Dalos Alpha Prime, President's Office. Councillor Ki'ala is pacing around the office apprehensively. The Senate has decided to hold new presidential elections and she's waiting to hear who's won the vote.

Against her better judgement, she's agreed to run for office at the behest of the Unionist Party, with her main two competitors being John Crowson for the Isolationist Party and Koni Sci'an for the Party for Confederate States (PCS).

Her agenda is basically to promote peace and closer ties with the minor powers while also maintaining good relations with the Republic's allies. Crowson and the Isolationists want to put a greater limit on Republic diplomatic activity and distance it from the other Beta Quadrant powers, focusing on domestic problems. Sci'an wants to increase the power Republic members had over their own governments, including diplomatic relations with each other.

Ki'ala had a feeling that Sci'an had a good idea, but hadn't thought it all the way through, while Crowson was just being foolish.

Then, her aide walks in.*

Aide: Councillor, the last votes are in.

Ki'ala: Thank you, Daniel. So, Sci'an or Crowson?

Aide: Actually, ma'am, you received the majority support. Congratulations.

Ki'ala: Ah, crap.

Aide: I don't understand. You won.

Ki'ala: Right! Which means I have to make a speech after my inauguration in 3 hours!

*She walks out, her aide just looking in confusion, before shrugging his shoulders.*

Aide: Turanians.

Captain
# 11430
12-16-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Vornak: However, we can very much harm you!

*Vornak throws the two across the room, smashing them against the opposite wall, knocking them both out.

He then turns to Terry.*

I believe now would be a good time to leave.
Terry: *Gets off the table, Cocking his head back. * I agree. At this time there is nothing I can do here.