Captain
# 11511
12-22-2013, 09:04 PM
* 2 years before the Romulan Civil War and M's attack.*

*USS Odyssey C is chugging along, its whole crew is on survey from an uncharted area of the Andromeda Gateway. James is in his quarters reading a communication from Earth from his Cousins. His Cousin had gotten married while he was away to James' first ex girlfriend Anne. He shuts off the terminal...*

*Firi is sitting there as he rubs his head.*

Firi: From your cousin?

James: Yes. He got married to Anne.

Firi: Your not holding a torch for her are you?

James: No I am not. I made my peace with it.

Firi: Have you? *She walks over to him*

James: Flirting with me?

Firi: That obvious? ( as she sits in his lap)

James: Yeah it is doll. Just not sure if it is appropriate.

Firi: You know I am not going to wait. Keep waiting like that and not expressing your feelings...

James: And I will miss out. I have heard that once before.

Firi: You like Sam don't you

James: Family friends sort of and of course I do.

Firi: You just don't get women at all do you?

*She gets up angrily and a bit jealously...*

James: I am a guy and apparently I have been told that women are one of the biggest mysteries out there.

Firi: Jackass.

James: *He gets up and does give her a kiss* You have nothing to worry about though you know I won't act on it.

Firi: *scoffs* Ha.. That is not much...

*James leans in and kisses her again.*

Firi: Stop tugging me around.

James: I have acted now .

Firi: Good.
Captain
# 11512
12-23-2013, 01:40 AM
*Present Day*

*Terry is leaning against a wall staring off into the distance, his mind going from place to place looking into the choices available and made. What he sees is that very thing of time.. strings upon strings.*

Terry: Is there a way for this cycle to survive? To end the conflict that has been so entrenched within us.

*All the choices show endings and endings that are not viable. Except for one...*

Is this really the way? All that must happen to ensure it...

* He starts to feel a presence in the room with him but one of a trickster and extreme power... and several eons old. *

Terry: Q... What brings you here?
Starfleet Veteran
# 11513
12-23-2013, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*Present Day*

*Terry is leaning against a wall staring off into the distance, his mind going from place to place looking into the choices available and made. What he sees is that very thing of time.. strings upon strings.*

Terry: Is there a way for this cycle to survive? To end the conflict that has been so entrenched within us.

*All the choices show endings and endings that are not viable. Except for one...*

Is this really the way? All that must happen to ensure it...

* He starts to feel a presence in the room with him but one of a trickster and extreme power... and several eons old. *

Terry: Q... What brings you here?
Q: Why, can't an omnipotent being just stop by and say hello to his favourite mortals?

Old Wounds - Star Trek: Victorious (A Star Trek Online Fanfic)
"Only one human captain has ever survived combat with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."
Starfleet Veteran
# 11514
12-23-2013, 10:49 AM
Quote:
* 2 years before the Romulan Civil War and M's attack.*

*USS Odyssey C is chugging along, its whole crew is on survey from an uncharted area of the Andromeda Gateway. James is in his quarters reading a communication from Earth from his Cousins. His Cousin had gotten married while he was away to James' first ex girlfriend Anne. He shuts off the terminal...*

*Firi is sitting there as he rubs his head.*

Firi: From your cousin?

James: Yes. He got married to Anne.

Firi: Your not holding a torch for her are you?

James: No I am not. I made my peace with it.

Firi: Have you? *She walks over to him*

James: Flirting with me?

Firi: That obvious? ( as she sits in his lap)

James: Yeah it is doll. Just not sure if it is appropriate.

Firi: You know I am not going to wait. Keep waiting like that and not expressing your feelings...

James: And I will miss out. I have heard that once before.

Firi: You like Sam don't you

James: Family friends sort of and of course I do.

Firi: You just don't get women at all do you?

*She gets up angrily and a bit jealously...*

James: I am a guy and apparently I have been told that women are one of the biggest mysteries out there.

Firi: Jackass.

James: *He gets up and does give her a kiss* You have nothing to worry about though you know I won't act on it.

Firi: *scoffs* Ha.. That is not much...

*James leans in and kisses her again.*

Firi: Stop tugging me around.

James: I have acted now .

Firi: Good.
*Solais V, Chambers of Leadership. The chambers serve as the parliament building for the 1st and 2nd Leading Councils. Each council is democratically elected and is responsible for passing law. The chambers also house the First Minister's Office.

First Leading Council Chamber. Sam is standing in the centre of the room with the Solari First Minister.*

Sam: On behalf of the Republic of United Star Systems, it is my pleasure to hand over control of the Riva City Planetary Defence Base to the Solari Self Defence Forces and Solari government, on the 168th Anniversary of the end of the Solari Wars--

*Suddenly, a group of armed Solari burst in, causing a chorus of panicked screaming and yelling.*

First Minister: What is this?!

*second Minister Kola walks in, flanked by a Solari General.*

Kola: Death first!

Sam: Get down!

*Sam pulls the First Minister under the bench as the armed attackers start opening fire.*

What the hell is going on, First Minister?!

*She looks to her side to see the First Minister slumped against the bench, a phaser burn through his chest.*

Oh my...

*She pulls out her phaser as she hears the screams stop.*

Kola: Get the human!

Sam: How about 'no'?!

*Sam lets off a chain of phaser blasts as she runs for the exit.*

Kola: Stop her!

*One of the insurgents fires his phaser rifle, the orange blast stunning Sam as she crashes to the floor.

R.S.S. Republic, Bridge. Matt, currently a lieutenant commander, is sitting in the Command Chair. John, still a lieutenant, turns from the Science Station.*

John: Commander, I just picked up weapons fire in the First Council's Chamber!

Matt: Open a channel to the Captain!

David (currently an ensign): Channel open.

Matt: Republic to Commander Allington, please respond!

Repeat, Republic to Commander Allington, come in!

Hail the First Minister!

David: Sir, the First Minister is hailing us!

Matt: On screen!

First Minister Taruk, we just--

*Matt trails off when he sees Kola standing in the office with his men holding Sam up by her shoulders.*

Second Minister Kola, what the hell is this?!

Kola: I'm afraid there has been a change in power here, Commander. Insurgent forces, apparently aided by your captain, just attacked the Chambers of Leadership and killed First Minister Taruk.

Matt: What?

Kola: While I am sure you can vouch for her integrity, I'm afraid I must insist that you depart, until we have completed our investigation.

In the meantime, I apologise--

*Matt turns to David at the back of the Bridge, motioning his thumb across his neck. David closes the channel.*

David: Channel closed.

Matt: Get me the O.S.S. branch on the surface.

David: Aye, sir.

*The Senior Agent for the O.S.S. on the planet appears on the viewscreen.*

Matt: Agent Foster, I just received a communique from Second Minister Kola saying--

Foster: We heard it too, Commander. I can promise you that Kola is lying. Agent Hawk himself saw Kola march into the chambers with armed persons, including General Fortak.

Matt: In other words, we have a coup on our hands.

*Suddenly, the transmission cuts off. Matt turns to David.*

Get him back!

David: I can't, sir! We're being jammed!

John: Commander, there's a Solari Warship approaching, weapons armed!

Matt: Red Alert!

T'san, return the favour and target their weapons!

Warn them off!

David: I'm trying!

T'san: Phasers locked. Torpedoes ready.

Matt: Solari vessel, this is the R.S.S. Republic! If you open fire on us, it will be considered an act of war and we will respond accordingly!

John: I... don't think they're listening.

*The bridge shakes as a phaser beam hits their shields.*

Matt: Evasive pattern delta! Return fire!

*The Republic veers to the left and fires a volley of phaser beams at the Solari Warship. Some blasts penetrate the shields, but the Solari quickly remodulate. Several more Solari ships come in to assist, firing on the Republic. They quickly manage to overwhelm the shields and damage the lower port nacelle.*

Matt: Damage report!

David: We've lost port shields! The lower port nacelle's been hit!

John: Another 2 Solari vessels are on approach!

Matt: Helm, set course for Solais IX! Warp Two!

We'll hide in the gas giant.

Helm: Aye, sir!

Course laid in!

Matt: Engage!

*The Republic jumps to warp, dropping out just above the gas giant.*

Lower us down gently, helm.

John, how deep do you think we can go?

John: I'd say about 10km. 15 with shields.

Matt: Helm...

Helm: Aye, sir.

*The Republic fires her retros, slowly dropping into the atmosphere. The main engines start up again to maintain height once they're 10km deep.*

Matt: Shut down the warp core. Go to emergency power for everything except impulse engines. Shut down fusion reactors 2 through 4.

Let's lower our power signature.

Shut down all non-essentials. T'san, keep the torpedo launchers online in case we need them.

T'san: Understood.

"Only one human captain has ever survived combat with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."
Captain
# 11515
12-23-2013, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Q: Why, can't an omnipotent being just stop by and say hello to his favourite mortals?
Terry: *laughs* I guess there is some comfort in that. But my guess is that you know I see things as you do now. Besides you come as a informative prankster anyway so have at it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 11516
12-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Terry: *laughs* I guess there is some comfort in that. But my guess is that you know I see things as you do now. Besides you come as a informative prankster anyway so have at it.
*Clutches his heart amusingly.*

Q: I'm hurt you think so poorly of me!

*He stands back up straight.*

Well, if you must know, I just came to tell you that you're going to die.

Not right now, of course! There's still much for you to do! But, once it's all over, you'll find that your choices have been leading you on one singular path that you cannot escape.

I must admit, I have my growing doubts about your species. Picard gave me such high hopes for your species and Allington and your Great-Grandfather kept it alive, but now... It seems as though your people have been regressing into a savage child-race.

Captain
# 11517
12-23-2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:
*Clutches his heart amusingly.*

Q: I'm hurt you think so poorly of me!

*He stands back up straight.*

Well, if you must know, I just came to tell you that you're going to die.

Not right now, of course! There's still much for you to do! But, once it's all over, you'll find that your choices have been leading you on one singular path that you cannot escape.

I must admit, I have my growing doubts about your species. Picard gave me such high hopes for your species and Allington and your Great-Grandfather kept it alive, but now... It seems as though your people have been regressing into a savage child-race.
Terry: I do not seek to insult Q.

Your not wrong in believing that. So much greed, lust for power, and some strange sense of chasing perfection of something that doesn't need perfecting... No understanding or love just selfishness. I can accept death, but what I do not want is for these things to happen again. But the path it entails will be demanding a lot even perhaps what makes me a human being.

Possibility...

I do think you know what path I speak of and the dangers of supermen.
Starfleet Veteran
# 11518
12-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Quote:
*Solais V, Chambers of Leadership. The chambers serve as the parliament building for the 1st and 2nd Leading Councils. Each council is democratically elected and is responsible for passing law. The chambers also house the First Minister's Office.

First Leading Council Chamber. Sam is standing in the centre of the room with the Solari First Minister.*

Sam: On behalf of the Republic of United Star Systems, it is my pleasure to hand over control of the Riva City Planetary Defence Base to the Solari Self Defence Forces and Solari government, on the 168th Anniversary of the end of the Solari Wars--

*Suddenly, a group of armed Solari burst in, causing a chorus of panicked screaming and yelling.*

First Minister: What is this?!

*second Minister Kola walks in, flanked by a Solari General.*

Kola: Death first!

Sam: Get down!

*Sam pulls the First Minister under the bench as the armed attackers start opening fire.*

What the hell is going on, First Minister?!

*She looks to her side to see the First Minister slumped against the bench, a phaser burn through his chest.*

Oh my...

*She pulls out her phaser as she hears the screams stop.*

Kola: Get the human!

Sam: How about 'no'?!

*Sam lets off a chain of phaser blasts as she runs for the exit.*

Kola: Stop her!

*One of the insurgents fires his phaser rifle, the orange blast stunning Sam as she crashes to the floor.

R.S.S. Republic, Bridge. Matt, currently a lieutenant commander, is sitting in the Command Chair. John, still a lieutenant, turns from the Science Station.*

John: Commander, I just picked up weapons fire in the First Council's Chamber!

Matt: Open a channel to the Captain!

David (currently an ensign): Channel open.

Matt: Republic to Commander Allington, please respond!

Repeat, Republic to Commander Allington, come in!

Hail the First Minister!

David: Sir, the First Minister is hailing us!

Matt: On screen!

First Minister Taruk, we just--

*Matt trails off when he sees Kola standing in the office with his men holding Sam up by her shoulders.*

Second Minister Kola, what the hell is this?!

Kola: I'm afraid there has been a change in power here, Commander. Insurgent forces, apparently aided by your captain, just attacked the Chambers of Leadership and killed First Minister Taruk.

Matt: What?

Kola: While I am sure you can vouch for her integrity, I'm afraid I must insist that you depart, until we have completed our investigation.

In the meantime, I apologise--

*Matt turns to David at the back of the Bridge, motioning his thumb across his neck. David closes the channel.*

David: Channel closed.

Matt: Get me the O.S.S. branch on the surface.

David: Aye, sir.

*The Senior Agent for the O.S.S. on the planet appears on the viewscreen.*

Matt: Agent Foster, I just received a communique from Second Minister Kola saying--

Foster: We heard it too, Commander. I can promise you that Kola is lying. Agent Hawk himself saw Kola march into the chambers with armed persons, including General Fortak.

Matt: In other words, we have a coup on our hands.

*Suddenly, the transmission cuts off. Matt turns to David.*

Get him back!

David: I can't, sir! We're being jammed!

John: Commander, there's a Solari Warship approaching, weapons armed!

Matt: Red Alert!

T'san, return the favour and target their weapons!

Warn them off!

David: I'm trying!

T'san: Phasers locked. Torpedoes ready.

Matt: Solari vessel, this is the R.S.S. Republic! If you open fire on us, it will be considered an act of war and we will respond accordingly!

John: I... don't think they're listening.

*The bridge shakes as a phaser beam hits their shields.*

Matt: Evasive pattern delta! Return fire!

*The Republic veers to the left and fires a volley of phaser beams at the Solari Warship. Some blasts penetrate the shields, but the Solari quickly remodulate. Several more Solari ships come in to assist, firing on the Republic. They quickly manage to overwhelm the shields and damage the lower port nacelle.*

Matt: Damage report!

David: We've lost port shields! The lower port nacelle's been hit!

John: Another 2 Solari vessels are on approach!

Matt: Helm, set course for Solais IX! Warp Two!

We'll hide in the gas giant.

Helm: Aye, sir!

Course laid in!

Matt: Engage!

*The Republic jumps to warp, dropping out just above the gas giant.*

Lower us down gently, helm.

John, how deep do you think we can go?

John: I'd say about 10km. 15 with shields.

Matt: Helm...

Helm: Aye, sir.

*The Republic fires her retros, slowly dropping into the atmosphere. The main engines start up again to maintain height once they're 10km deep.*

Matt: Shut down the warp core. Go to emergency power for everything except impulse engines. Shut down fusion reactors 2 through 4.

Let's lower our power signature.

Shut down all non-essentials. T'san, keep the torpedo launchers online in case we need them.

T'san: Understood.
*6 hours later. 5 Solari warships are flying in low Solais IX orbit. They're firing magnetometric charges down into the atmosphere.

15km down, the R.S.S. Republic is suffering shield damage from the electrical storms and charge explosions.

R.S.S. Republic, Bridge. The lights are out and there is rumbling from the explosions.*

David: Shields are starting to buckle, commander.

Matt: Divert power to structural integrity. Bring us up to 10km from the atmospheric threshold and cut shields.

Helm: Aye, aye.

*The Republic fires her ventral thrusters to bring her back up. Another charge hits and breaches the dorsal shields as she reaches her target altitude.*

David: Shields are down!

Matt: Shut down the generator and polarise the hull plating.

David: Understood!

*The ship rumbles as the charges keep battering the hull. 5 minutes elapse before one hits the RCS ports on the forward-port rim of the saucer, causing the ship to lurch before her gyros and impulse engines take charge.*

David: If we lose another thruster, we won't have enough power to maintain level flight! We'll be forced to leave the atmosphere!

Matt: Can you send a distress call without the Solari homing in on it?

David: I think so.

Signal away.

Matt: Let's just hope someone picks it up before the Solari do to us what the U.S. And British Navies did to U-boats.

Starfleet Veteran
# 11519
12-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Terry: I do not seek to insult Q.

Your not wrong in believing that. So much greed, lust for power, and some strange sense of chasing perfection of something that doesn't need perfecting... No understanding or love just selfishness. I can accept death, but what I do not want is for these things to happen again. But the path it entails will be demanding a lot even perhaps what makes me a human being.

Possibility...

I do think you know what path I speak of and the dangers of supermen.
Q: We shall see, mon capitaine.

*He snaps his fingers and is gone.*

Captain
# 11520
12-23-2013, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Q: We shall see, mon capitaine.

*He snaps his fingers and is gone.*
Terry: We will Q, that we will.