Captain
# 11581
12-25-2013, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*Solais V, Riva City, Sam's cell. Sam sits in the cell when she hears phaser fire outside. She stands up as Hawk runs in, shutting down the forcefield so Sam can escape.*

Sam: You sure took your sweet time!

Hawk: You're welcome.

*He throws her a phaser pistol as he seals the doors.*

The maintenance crawl ways should get us outside. O.S.S. have already set up a safe house underground.

Sam: Oh no. I've got to get back to the Republic.

Hawk: We can't make contact with anyone off-world. I don't even know if the Republic is still in orbit. It's being broadcast that you assassinated the First Minister.

*The two enter the crawl ways and start making their way out.*

Sam: What's our strategy gonna be?

Hawk: Well... I have no idea.

Sam: Oh... fun...

Hawk: We've been in tighter spots.

Sam: Name one.

Hawk: Well...

Sam: Exactly.

Who's Daro Jenn?

*Hawk glances back at her before continuing.*

Hawk: She's a Bajoran terrorist. She believes that all worlds should have a form of isolation from each other.

Sam: How do people like that get taken seriously?

Hawk: You'd be surprised.

Sam: Anything else I should know?

Hawk: Nothing I'm allowed to tell you.

Sam: Naturally.

Hawk: Okay, how do you feel about signing another NDA?

Sam: I could live with it. I've already signed 3.

Hawk: Daro used to be Assault Ops. She was assigned to the Black Ops unit. She infiltrated a Romulan terror cell last year. That's when she actually became a terrorist.

Is she behind this?

Sam: Yeah.

Hawk: Crap. Then this is much worse than I thought.
*OOC: A bit of Homeland isn't it? Forgive me if the reference goes over your head I will explain. But I do have an idea as I do intend to have someone come in as another small cameo.*

*James leans back, *

James: Hmm broke it huh. OSS is no slouch that is for sure. But do they know it?
Captain
# 11582
12-25-2013, 08:37 PM
*Terry leans his head back stretching a little bit. *

Terry: The Galaxy is at its crucible. What comes out on the other side is up to all of us. This war Joral is waging is a symptom of this world of greed and desperation and corruption that world is dying. With this galaxy nearly mapped out entirely we need to move forward not backwards. That means letting go of the past and what we think works. As it clearly doesn't now.

Even the Elibisi are part of this problem..

Do I know how to fix it? Break the mold. Clear change of intentions and remembering that this galaxy is not the same galaxy as it was over a century ago. Trying to emulate the past does nothing but make small problems bigger.
Starfleet Veteran
# 11583
12-26-2013, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*OOC: A bit of Homeland isn't it? Forgive me if the reference goes over your head I will explain. But I do have an idea as I do intend to have someone come in as another small cameo.*

*James leans back, *

James: Hmm broke it huh. OSS is no slouch that is for sure. But do they know it?
Matt: Yep.

*OOC: Actually, the reference does go over my head.*

*U.S.S. Odyssey, Bridge. A lieutenant at the Ops Station turns to Wax.*

Lt: Commander, we've got a transmission coming in from Starfleet Command. Admiral Hammond is asking to speak with the captain.
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 11584
12-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Matt: Yep.

*OOC: Actually, the reference does go over my head.*

*U.S.S. Odyssey, Bridge. A lieutenant at the Ops Station turns to Wax.*

Lt: Commander, we've got a transmission coming in from Starfleet Command. Admiral Hammond is asking to speak with the captain.
James: *smirks* See this is why you don't share that kind of knowledge or else the situation would have been taken care of easily. But hey since when is it ever easy. If you don't mind me Matt, I will be working on something.

Captain Allen to Odyssey one to beam back.

Transporter chief: Aye sir.

*Bridge*

Wax: I will inform him Lt transfer it over to his call waiting.

James: Inform me of what Commander..

Wax: Admiral Hammond is on the other line for you.

James: *Sighs* I will take it in my Quarters.

*He enters his quarters and begins working on something as he brings up Hammond on the terminal.*

James: Yes Admiral you called?

*He is tapping away on a pad remembering his advanced computer classes and programming.*

Last edited by chrisedallen89; 12-26-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Captain
# 11585
12-26-2013, 09:08 PM
Quote:

Terry: The Galaxy is at its crucible. What comes out on the other side is up to all of us. This war Joral is waging is a symptom of this world of greed and desperation and corruption that world is dying. With this galaxy nearly mapped out entirely we need to move forward not backwards. That means letting go of the past and what we think works. As it clearly doesn't now.

Do I know how to fix it? Break the mold. Clear change of intentions and remembering that this galaxy is not the same galaxy as it was over a century ago. Trying to emulate the past does nothing but make small problems bigger.
*OCC: Nothing on this?*
Captain
# 11586
12-26-2013, 09:11 PM
*OOC: Developing*
Career Officer
# 11587
12-27-2013, 07:01 AM
Been in the er will post when I can.
" great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame"
Starfleet Veteran
# 11588
12-27-2013, 08:53 AM
Quote:

Vornak: I'm not sure about having the galaxy charted. There's still a lot to discover out on the outer rim. None of Joral's actions in this war are out of greed or corruption; they're out of misguided patriotism and desperation to keep our people alive.

Terry, change is slow. Your history is the illustration of this. Whenever change is rushed, it leads to catastrophe. Change needs to happen, yes, but not all at once. Earth wasn't built in a day, a child doesn't learn to walk in an hour - it's a cycle that has to be carried through with care.

Q *in Terry's mind*: This is something I tried to explain to Northman's a century ago. Humanity was not supposed to evolve for another hundred years - your great-grandfather was just the first.

And, as I quickly confirmed over the next decade, you were not ready. New-types were not ready to handle that power and normals were not ready to answer the existential questions that came with them. It almost led to a repeat of the greatest conflict in your world's history.

Vornak: In the game of bringing change, patience is a necessary virtue.
My Fan Fictions
Starfleet Veteran
# 11589
12-27-2013, 09:19 AM
Quote:
James: *smirks* See this is why you don't share that kind of knowledge or else the situation would have been taken care of easily. But hey since when is it ever easy. If you don't mind me Matt, I will be working on something.

Captain Allen to Odyssey one to beam back.

Transporter chief: Aye sir.

*Bridge*

Wax: I will inform him Lt transfer it over to his call waiting.

James: Inform me of what Commander..

Wax: Admiral Hammond is on the other line for you.

James: *Sighs* I will take it in my Quarters.

*He enters his quarters and begins working on something as he brings up Hammond on the terminal.*

James: Yes Admiral you called?

*He is tapping away on a pad remembering his advanced computer classes and programming.*
*James sees the face of Admiral Davis Hammond appear onscreen. He's wearing a period-standard Starfleet uniform with red shoulder bar and four gold pips within a black, gold-rimmed box on either side of his collar. He has short buzz-cut greying hair.*

Hammond: Captain Allen, I just received a report from the U.S.S. Asimov and your own. Am I correct in my understanding that the R.S.S. Republic is out of danger?
My Fan Fictions
Starfleet Veteran
# 11590
12-27-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Been in the er will post when I can.
Nothing serious, I hope?
My Fan Fictions