Captain
# 11781
01-03-2014, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*The Republic marine Goliaths arrive first as the marines establish a beach-head for when the Starfleet and Klingon forces arrive.

Meanwhile, the Enterprise dodges a blast from the Eblisi destroyer as the Yamato fires her ZPLs into its maw.*
*OOC: Still trying to wake up and have stuff to sign for my next semester. *

*The Destroyer does not squirm all that much but is missing a part of one its legs. It fires again knocking some Republic ships out of it and some Federation ones that did not evade its attack pattern.*

Bright: Keep evading lets see what we can do..

Tactical: I do have one idea and its a little crazy.

Bright: What are you thinking?

Tactical: There is an ion storm on its way with some sort of detonation in it we could cause heavy damage to it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 11782
01-03-2014, 05:16 PM
*Pegasus Galaxy, New Dalos. The S.S. Tora Zhiyal and Kenway's ship arrive in orbit and rendezvous with the Titan-Class R.S.S. Hood. 24 other Republic warships are on their way to try and block the Bi'frost'a off.

Drake waits in the Transporter Room when the transporter operator looks up.*

Transporter Chief: The Hood's cleared you to beam over, Captain.

Drake: Great. Energise.

*R.S.S. Hood, Transporter Room 2. Drake materialises on the pad to be greeted by a woman in her mid-30s, similar age as him, with dark brown hair tied into a ponytail. Her four silver rank bars on her shoulders indicate her rank as a captain. She smiles as he steps off the pad.*

Captain Cassiopeia (Cass/Cassie) Lochley: Daniel.

Drake: Good to see you again, Captain.

Lochley: Is that it?

*Drake smiles before walking up and sharing a friendly hug with her. When they pull away, Lochley leads him out into the corridor.*

It's been too long.

Drake: I just wish circumstances were better.

Lochley: I've already organised a staff meeting in the Observation Lounge.

*20 minutes later. Drake is addressing the Hood's senior staff in the Observation Lounge.*

Drake: From Mortana's notes, it's obvious that a frontal assault on the Bi'frost'a will result in a massacre for anything short of an Iconian fleet. Even Shedai forces tended to avoid ships like this except in overwhelming numbers.

XO: Republic ships have been preparing for this for 25 years, Captain.

Lochley: 25 Republic ships could maybe fight off 1 or 2 Iconian Motherships of today, but this craft is over 250km in diameter! I've already asked for the Iconians to send ships here to help. They've already entered Pegasus.

Drake: I have three crew members on that ship, Cass.

Lochley: There are 20,000 people on that planet, Dan. If we can save your crew members, we will, but I can't sacrifice 20,000 lives for 3.

Drake: I know. Thank you.

*Lochley gives him a compassionate look before nodding.*

Lochley: If there's nothing else, you're all dismissed.

*The senior staff all leave in unison, except Lochley who looks at Drake as he stares out one of the windows.*

You okay?

Drake: Just... the enormity of what we're dealing with here, ya know?

Lochley: It's no Orion pirate cruiser, that's for sure.

Drake: I'm responsible for those kids, Cass. Now I may have to help kill them. How am I supposed to deal with that?

Lochley: Don't.

*Drake turns to look at her.*

You don't have to be here, Drake. This is a military operation now. You can leave - let us carry the burden.

Drake: I can't abandon them. Mortana's a good friend, Luke's almost a nephew to me and I promised Tara I'd protect her - her sister's on board, for Christ's sake!

*He looks back out the window.*

No, I can't abandon them.

*Lochley walks over and rests her hand on his shoulder.*

Lochley: Why do you always put yourself in these positions?

Look, it's been a long day and you clearly need a friend to help you forget about responsibilities - at least for a few hours. How about dinner?

Drake: Your place or mine?

Old Wounds - Star Trek: Victorious (A Star Trek Online Fanfic)
"Only one human captain has ever survived combat with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."
Captain
# 11783
01-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Quote:
*Pegasus Galaxy, New Dalos. The S.S. Tora Zhiyal and Kenway's ship arrive in orbit and rendezvous with the Titan-Class R.S.S. Hood. 24 other Republic warships are on their way to try and block the Bi'frost'a off.

Drake waits in the Transporter Room when the transporter operator looks up.*

Transporter Chief: The Hood's cleared you to beam over, Captain.

Drake: Great. Energise.

*R.S.S. Hood, Transporter Room 2. Drake materialises on the pad to be greeted by a woman in her mid-30s, similar age as him, with dark brown hair tied into a ponytail. Her four silver rank bars on her shoulders indicate her rank as a captain. She smiles as he steps off the pad.*

Captain Cassiopeia (Cass/Cassie) Lochley: Daniel.

Drake: Good to see you again, Captain.

Lochley: Is that it?

*Drake smiles before walking up and sharing a friendly hug with her. When they pull away, Lochley leads him out into the corridor.*

It's been too long.

Drake: I just wish circumstances were better.

Lochley: I've already organised a staff meeting in the Observation Lounge.

*20 minutes later. Drake is addressing the Hood's senior staff in the Observation Lounge.*

Drake: From Mortana's notes, it's obvious that a frontal assault on the Bi'frost'a will result in a massacre for anything short of an Iconian fleet. Even Shedai forces tended to avoid ships like this except in overwhelming numbers.

XO: Republic ships have been preparing for this for 25 years, Captain.

Lochley: 25 Republic ships could maybe fight off 1 or 2 Iconian Motherships of today, but this craft is over 250km in diameter! I've already asked for the Iconians to send ships here to help. They've already entered Pegasus.

Drake: I have three crew members on that ship, Cass.

Lochley: There are 20,000 people on that planet, Dan. If we can save your crew members, we will, but I can't sacrifice 20,000 lives for 3.

Drake: I know. Thank you.

*Lochley gives him a compassionate look before nodding.*

Lochley: If there's nothing else, you're all dismissed.

*The senior staff all leave in unison, except Lochley who looks at Drake as he stares out one of the windows.*

You okay?

Drake: Just... the enormity of what we're dealing with here, ya know?

Lochley: It's no Orion pirate cruiser, that's for sure.

Drake: I'm responsible for those kids, Cass. Now I may have to help kill them. How am I supposed to deal with that?

Lochley: Don't.

*Drake turns to look at her.*

You don't have to be here, Drake. This is a military operation now. You can leave - let us carry the burden.

Drake: I can't abandon them. Mortana's a good friend, Luke's almost a nephew to me and I promised Tara I'd protect her - her sister's on board, for Christ's sake!

*He looks back out the window.*

No, I can't abandon them.

*Lochley walks over and rests her hand on his shoulder.*

Lochley: Why do you always put yourself in these positions?

Look, it's been a long day and you clearly need a friend to help you forget about responsibilities - at least for a few hours. How about dinner?

Drake: Your place or mine?
*OOC: Nothing on the message earlier to Dani?*

*Terry and company land on the LZ...*

Terry: Alright que up and lets head up... Lets get this party over with.
Starfleet Veteran
# 11784
01-04-2014, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post

OOC: Dani was off the Subspace comms net when the message was sent, and the message has to reach Pegasus first anyway.

*S.S. Tora Zhiyal, Dani's Quarters. Dani listens to the message from Terry, smiling knowing he's okay.

R.S.S. Hood, Captain Lochley's Quarters. Drake and Lochley are eating dinner.*

Drake: I'm just saying, the next time you want to have a literary debate, pick a book that isn't about problems humanity outgrew 500 years ago.

Lochley: Even you have to agree on the importance of Harper Lee's 'To Kill a Mockingbird' in fighting discrimination on Earth!

Drake: During the time, yes, it was a vital and enlightening work, but humanity has since surpassed that level of enlightenment. Atticus Finch is hardly an enlightened character by today's standards.

Lochley: Okay then, who was your childhood role model?

Drake: I didn't really have a fictional role model as a kid. I still have one today, I guess.

Lochley: Who?

Drake: Captain Mac Thompson.

Lochley: Really?

Drake: you have to admit, his work during the Nimbus incident was impressive. He nearly got himself killed to stop the war between the Klingons and Romulans starting again.

Lochley: Yeah, it's impressive.

Drake: I sometimes wonder if I'd have the courage to take that risk. You know?

Lochley: Honestly, I don't really think about risks. Well, except for when I was married.

Drake: Hold on! You were married?

Lochley: Uh-huh.

Drake: You're telling me a guy actually managed to get you to lower your defences enough to get you to commit and then let you get away?!

*Lochley nods.*

Whoever this guy is, he must be the biggest loser in the galaxies!

Lochley: Oh, major loser.

Drake: *As he takes a drink*. Loser have a name?

Lochley: Mac Thompson.

*Drake spits his drink out as Lochley bursts into laughter.*

Drake: Had to wait until I took a drink, didn't you?

Lochley *laughing*: It seemed only fair!

*Drake starts laughing also.*

"Only one human captain has ever survived combat with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."
Starfleet Veteran
# 11785
01-04-2014, 07:11 AM
Quote:

Republic Marine Sergeant: Yes, sir!

*The Republic Marines move up with the Klingons to clear the way for the Starfleet troops.*

Captain
# 11786
01-04-2014, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Republic Marine Sergeant: Yes, sir!

*The Republic Marines move up with the Klingons to clear the way for the Starfleet troops.*
Terry: Alright Holtz. Where to first?

Holtz: I need the areas near the medical bay cleared out.

Terry: Fine. Form up. Holtz go with the Republic forces for now I will clear out the enemy forces.

*The group splits as they begin to clear out the hallways and rooms... The place is dank, quiet aside from the combat, the air still... Not a place you wanted to stick around in. *
Starfleet Veteran
# 11787
01-04-2014, 09:04 AM
*Outside. The Enterprise and Republic swing around and fire their ZPCs on the Destroyer, earning it's attention before banking hard away from its blast, allowing the Yamato and Dreadnought to focus all their firepower (ZPLs, ZPCs, Phased-Quantums, ZPBs) on the creature's maw.

The Enterprise then fires an MAM into the maw as it closes, triggering a matter-antimatter detonation inside the creature.*

Matt *Over Comm*: Enterprise to Ra Cailum, how much damage did that do?!

Career Officer
# 11788
01-04-2014, 12:40 PM
Harper: report!

Officer: major damage to the FTL drive and main power but enemy ship has been self destructed.

Harper: good. We have comms back right.

Officer: aye sir

Harper: send a message to Strauss and call for a tow ship.

Officer: aye sir. Message sent.

A flash appears

Sinclaire: hello again.

Harper: well hello again what can I do for you.

Sinclaire: I have bad news that you should know

Harper: what?

Sinclaire: I felt something a days ago that made me nervous and I was right. Do you have any ships in Pegasus.

Harper: no not yet

Sinclaire: good because a large and dangerous iconian vessel has been reactive. And it is an incredibly dangerous vessel.

Harper: comm relay the info to fleetcomm and send a copy to republic command

Officer: aye sir.
Phil Coulson: And back up isn't coming. It'll be just the four of us. We'll be outmanned and outgunned. But Fury always said... a man can accomplish anything when he realizes he's a part of something bigger. A team of people who share that conviction can change the world. So, what do you say? You ready to change the world?
Captain
# 11789
01-04-2014, 05:39 PM
Quote:
*Outside. The Enterprise and Republic swing around and fire their ZPCs on the Destroyer, earning it's attention before banking hard away from its blast, allowing the Yamato and Dreadnought to focus all their firepower (ZPLs, ZPCs, Phased-Quantums, ZPBs) on the creature's maw.

The Enterprise then fires an MAM into the maw as it closes, triggering a matter-antimatter detonation inside the creature.*

Matt *Over Comm*: Enterprise to Ra Cailum, how much damage did that do?!
Bright: Its still alive. From what we can scan on the thing its hull is not compromised and is still powered.

*A rumble shakes the ship *

Helm what are you doing, evasive maneuvers!!
Starfleet Veteran
# 11790
01-05-2014, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Bright: Its still alive. From what we can scan on the thing its hull is not compromised and is still powered.

*A rumble shakes the ship *

Helm what are you doing, evasive maneuvers!!
Matt *Over Comm*: Well, we learnt one thing about our enemy today...

They can survive a matter-antimatter explosion.

David *Over Comm*: Congratulations, Admiral! Whatever damage you did to it has pissed it off! It's coming right at you!

We'll try and lead them off!

Matt *Over Comm*: No! Wait! Get alongside us! Bridge, take us towards the ion storm! Aft torpedo room, load up two more torpedoes with MAMs!

Let's see how bad this thing's temper is.

Thompson *Over Comm*: I hope you know what you're doing, Admiral...

*The Republic fires off a few ZPB blasts as it thunders past the Destroyer to line up with the Enterprise. The two ships then go to full impulse, leading the Destroyer towards the ion storm as it furiously tries to nail the Enterprise.

R.S.S. Enterprise, Bridge.*

Thompson: Keep up the evasive manoeuvres, helm. We're almost there.

Helm: Aye, sir!

Mike: Sir, the ion storm's in visual range!

Thompson: Let's see it.

*The raging dark cloud with blue electrical discharges comes on the viewscreen.*

All power to shields. Deploy the armour.

Ops: Shields, aye.

*R.S.S. Republic, Bridge.*

David: Tactical... Load up one SA-19 into the aft tubes. If the ion storm doesn't kill it... I'll be damned if I let it kill Enterprise.

Tactical: Aye, Captain.

You realise this'll be the second--?

David: Just do it.

Tactical: Subspace weapon ready.

*The three ships enter the ion storm, the Republic and Enterprise getting their shields battered by the ion discharges. The Destroyer also gets battered.*