Captain
# 2341
10-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*Captain Allington appears on the viewer.*

Sam: Had to come in on a white horse, didn't ya Jim? *Turns to Ops* How long until our subspace coil is repaired?

David: Engineering just repaired it. All energy is being tapped through the Subspace Coil now.

Sam: Alright. *Turns back to the Screen* You see, New-type energy can be unstable if mishandled, and it's unreliable sometimes. The Sub-space Coil channels all energy through Subspace, increases energy output from the Warp Core by 400%! It's reliable and we've perfected the handling method. And, it isn't reliant on an able new-type being on-board. Meaning we don't have to panic if we need a new-type on stand-by... at least, no more than anyone else.

Now, mind helping us deal with the rest of these ships?

*The Republic is hit by a Plasma Torpedo, ripping through the shields and opening a gap in the hull. On the Bridge, Consoles explode and the whole ship violently lurches to the left, slamming Sam to the floor. The transmission with the Odyssey cuts off there*

*Republic, Bridge. The bridge is on emergency lights. Sam picks herself off the floor, a bruise forming on her forehead.*

Sam: Da... Damage report!

*She looks around, after not hearing herself speak, and only hearing a white tone in her ear. Matt is helping the helm with something, but she can't tell what.*

Sam: Damage Report!

*Matt looks toward her, and runs over, kneeling in front of her. He's trying to say something but she can't hear him.*

Sam: I can't... *She faints a little, before Matt catches her.* I... can't... I can't hear you...

*Matt helps her to the Command Chair, hitting the comm panel and saying something into it. The noise in Sam's ear has dropped a bit now, and is slowly fading. She begins to start hearing what's going on again. She's having to focus to understand what Matt says though.*

Matt: Hang on, Sam. An EMT is on their way up. *He places a hand on her cheek.* You're gonna be fine.

David *Heavily distorted, to the point where Sam can't tell what he's saying.*: That Romulan Ship's coming around again! No, wait! They're turning away! So are the Orion ships!

Matt: *Turns to David* Great! *Turns back to Sam* So, as long as your... deaf and all, do you mind me asking you something? When we get back to the station--

Helm: You're pathetic. You can ask her when she can't hear you, but you can't ask her when she can?

Matt: And there goes your promotion! As I was saying, when we get back to the Station, would you like dinner? Lunch?

*Sam smiles, and before Matt realises that she heard every word he just said, she lays a small kiss on the cheek.*

Sam: Dinner sounds nice.

*The EMTs arrive and look Sam over.*

EMT 1: She's got a mild concussion. Nothing serious. *Injects Sam with a hypospray and runs some kind of regenerator over her forehead where she hit the deck.* You'll be fine.

*The EMTs leave the bridge as the normal lighting returns.*

Sam: Someone wanna thank the Odyssey for their help? And ask them if they wanna lose at poker again.

Matt: You just had a concussion!

Sam: My bad luck is always followed by really good luck.

Matt: I thought you didn't believe in luck?

Sam: I'm not allowed to change beliefs?
*James and crew watch the Republic take the hit.*

James: She tells me that its unreliable and yet still wants to say unpredictable? Just like her. Wax... Open fire and don't waste energy, She seems to have forgotten what an AT shield is. Well can't blame her, it is a state secret after all.

Wax: *Laughs* Aye sir. Firing now.

James: What is our Damage report Lt.?

Firie: Nothing. Their weapons are just causing turbulence and that is pretty much it. However, our At Shields are not spreading to the Republic.. System error..

James: Damn old technology.. Its output doesn't matter if your not around to see it. Alright... Mr. Wax get their attention toward us and keep firing, use torpedoes on the bigger vessels. If you find the situation needed enter destroy mode.

*A little rumble.*

Firie: It appears they are taking the bait. Initializing pattern ceti prime..

Wax: Openning all arrays and beginning barrage.
Career Officer
# 2342
10-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Cole: report

Officer: we have run scans in the anomaly still haven't found anything.

Cole: very well hold position here.
Captain
# 2343
10-12-2012, 07:27 PM
* The Pirates flee after several more minutes and heavy losses.*

James: Alright stand down and cool the arrays. Have the AT shielding down to normal levels. Ask the Republic if it needs some help for repairs and some medical assistance.
Captain
# 2344
10-12-2012, 07:41 PM
* The Event Horizon then starts spewing matter out before it fades slowly. The senors are befuddled.*

*Back on Earth a figure slender and wiry meets up with Denoda*

M: So has Cole gone to the coordinates.

Denoda: Naturally, but Chief Cole has been suspicious of the President and of Gingrich.

M: Let him be for the moment he has nothing on me I have made sure of it. Have our friends who are biding their time wait just a little longer.

Denoda: Very well. My man has been sent. *Looks at the Garden of Legends which has grown some over the last 100 years to include the heroes of the Shadow war.* What is it about the Federation that has made it such a lasting government.

M: Luck... Skillful meddlers... Humans are so adaptable but so near sighted.. They would not know real peace even if they try.
Captain
# 2345
10-12-2012, 07:42 PM
*OOC: By the way these two will be around for a while. So no busting them up yet.*
Career Officer
# 2346
10-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Cole stands arms crossed on the bridge for a moment watching the event.

Cole: helm take us to warp. Earth We are going to talk to the president again.

Helm: aye sir

As the super carrier jumps to warp cole leaves the bridge and walks around te ship thinking of what they saw and what they found. And where he will go from here.
Captain
# 2347
10-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Cole stands arms crossed on the bridge for a moment watching the event.

Cole: helm take us to warp. Earth We are going to talk to the president again.

Helm: aye sir

As the super carrier jumps to warp cole leaves the bridge and walks around te ship thinking of what they saw and what they found. And where he will go from here.
Comm Officer: Bringing the president on your private channel sir.
Career Officer
# 2348
10-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
Comm Officer: Bringing the president on your private channel sir.
Cole: well I'm sending you all the info we got.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2349
10-13-2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
* The Pirates flee after several more minutes and heavy losses.*

James: Alright stand down and cool the arrays. Have the AT shielding down to normal levels. Ask the Republic if it needs some help for repairs and some medical assistance.
Sam: Someone explain to me how a Ship using 24th Century Technology was able to breach a Shield capable of withstanding 10 barrages from a Planet Killer!

Matt: Tetryon Beams?

David: Not that quickly. Not even a Tachyon beam could breach our Shields instantaneously, and not with 24th Century Technology.

Sam: Could that Romulan Ship have been the culprit?

Matt: Maybe. There are several extremist factions looking for the Star Empire to separate from the Federation.

Sam: And the Republic is one of the parties mediating that dispute.

Matt: If the Republic was forced to pull out of the negotiations, it would hurt the Romulan Senate's case for membership.

Sam: Why are they working with the Duranus Cartel, though?

Matt: They're Mafia, not Pirates. Their ships are mainly used for transport. They have the financial backing to help the extremists.

Sam: I want everything we have on the Duranus Cartel.

Matt: I'll look into it. Helm, set course for the Station, Warp 8.

Helm: Aye, sir.
My Fan Fictions
Starfleet Veteran
# 2350
10-13-2012, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Cole: well I'm sending you all the info we got.
*A figure appears on a separate screen, wearing an all black uniform with his face hidden.*

Figure: *Using a Voice Modulator* Director Cole, I am... a friend. I must speak with you. Meet me at these coordinates.

*The screen changes to show a set of coordinates within the Old Romulan Empire, near the Bassen's Rift.*

Bring as many ships as you want. I shall wait, but not forever.
My Fan Fictions