Starfleet Veteran
# 2421
10-18-2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
Felise: Ma'am look further at the datapad and the security feeds of the Praetor's office. You will see something further that will shock you.

*OOC: Trying to get a long running scheme in here that is hard to tell who is actually behind it and what they want. Sorry for the last day. I closed at my work. Still don't want them caught for a long time. *

*The Feed shows the Republic Ambassador planting the explosive during the discussion with the Praetor yesterday.*
Vala: *Taps the comm panel* Get me Senate Security.

Voice: Security here Ma'am.

Vala: Find Ambassador Talok and place him and his Aide under arrest.
The Game of Houses (A Klingon fan-fic)

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill

Last edited by ryan218; 10-18-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2422
10-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
James: I know you want her dead, but that is against the Prime Directive currently. Right now we are going to transfer her to the Authorities so she can stand trial for her crimes. If you wish to charge her for your father's death go right ahead.
Sam: You think you know me so well, don't you? Let her go. *She looks at James, expression denoting genuine honesty and concern*

I did manage to gather some information before your men grabbed me - and we're gonna have to have a word about that by the way - from one of my contacts in the Criminal Underworld.

Tara told me the truth, *She looks at Tara, same expression as before* she hadn't been anywhere near the Duranus Cartel, or any Syndicate Faction, since my Father's Death.

She's out of your jurisdiction.

Captain
# 2423
10-18-2012, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Vala: *Taps the comm panel* Get me Senate Security.

Voice: Security here Ma'am.

Vala: Find Ambassador Talok and place him under arrest.

Felise: My advice think about this calmly.. Sometimes the people want something that isn't in their best interest. Think about the last 150 years... The people are quite prideful. Even the Klingons did accept Federation membership ten years afterwards. The Galaxy is a very different place now a days ma'am...
Starfleet Veteran
# 2424
10-18-2012, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Felise: My advice think about this calmly.. Sometimes the people want something that isn't in their best interest. Think about the last 150 years... The people are quite prideful. Even the Klingons did accept Federation membership ten years afterwards. The Galaxy is a very different place now a days ma'am...
Vala: I understand that, Felise. I'm doing what's in the people's own best interests. Until these extremists are dealt with, I can't risk a high level of interaction with the Federation. It'll lead to Civil War. That's what got Sorav killed.

Captain
# 2425
10-18-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Sam: You think you know me so well, don't you? Let her go. *She looks at James, expression denoting genuine honesty and concern*

I did manage to gather some information before your men grabbed me - and we're gonna have to have a word about that by the way - from one of my contacts in the Criminal Underworld.

Tara told me the truth, *She looks at Tara, same expression as before* she hadn't been anywhere near the Duranus Cartel, or any Syndicate Faction, since my Father's Death.

She's out of your jurisdiction.
James: Still it is interstellar law.... who brings her in doesn't really matter, she has committed plenty of other crimes. But since there has been enough fighting today I will grant her release.

And about that snatching you I do apologize for that we had a plan of action and had little time for pleasantries.. Still they will be reprimanded for their treatment of you.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2426
10-18-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
James: Still it is interstellar law.... who brings her in doesn't really matter, she has committed plenty of other crimes. But since there has been enough fighting today I will grant her release.

And about that snatching you I do apologize for that we had a plan of action and had little time for pleasantries.. Still they will be reprimanded for their treatment of you.
Sam: To be completely honest James, I don't think reprimands are necessary. I'd rather take this up with you.

And Tara, unless there's info you've been keeping from the Republic, which would be a violation of Treaty, has committed no crimes against the Federation or anyone else but the Republic. So, as the Senior Republic Officer in the area, I request that she be remanded into my custody.

Captain
# 2427
10-18-2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Vala: I understand that, Felise. I'm doing what's in the people's own best interests. Until these extremists are dealt with, I can't risk a high level of interaction with the Federation. It'll lead to Civil War. That's what got Sorav killed.
Felise: Ma'am what I am trying to say leaders need to think of the people but also in the long term of the people. Even 100 years can't erase how many have been lost to the old ways. What is done in the best interests of the people are not always good. People are fickle and flighty and only think in the short term. Hence is why Newtypes change that frame of mind and it has been slow. Look at the polls and what your newtype population thinks of the choice and stance so far. I think showing a hand of force in dealing with the extremists and having me investigate how many other senators are backing the terrorists. All I am saying is that more destruction comes to us if you try and re establish yourselves as a galactic power the galaxy is a very different place.
Captain
# 2428
10-18-2012, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Sam: To be completely honest James, I don't think reprimands are necessary. I'd rather take this up with you.

And Tara, unless there's info you've been keeping from the Republic, which would be a violation of Treaty, has committed no crimes against the Federation or anyone else but the Republic. So, as the Senior Republic Officer in the area, I request that she be remanded into my custody.
James: *Feeling the air and the situation.* Very well.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2429
10-18-2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Felise: Ma'am what I am trying to say leaders need to think of the people but also in the long term of the people. Even 100 years can't erase how many have been lost to the old ways. What is done in the best interests of the people are not always good. People are fickle and flighty and only think in the short term. Hence is why Newtypes change that frame of mind and it has been slow. Look at the polls and what your newtype population thinks of the choice and stance so far. I think showing a hand of force in dealing with the extremists and having me investigate how many other senators are backing the terrorists. All I am saying is that more destruction comes to us if you try and re establish yourselves as a galactic power the galaxy is a very different place.
Vala: In the short term, Romulus must stand alone. in the long term, we may return to the Federation, or pursue an Alliance with the Republic.

Believe it or not, Felise, I was a great supporter of the Federation-Romulan Alliance, but current circumstances make it impossible to be a part of the Federation.

I have to think of the people, in both the long and short term. Short Term, it'll hurt them more if we enter Civil War, and we'll be in severe trouble long term. Long Term, if we can avoid Civil War, I can bring our governments back together.

Now, I'd appreciate it if you'd leave. I'm expecting a Liaison from S.H.I.E.L.D. shortly.

Starfleet Veteran
# 2430
10-18-2012, 08:25 AM
Quote:
James: *Feeling the air and the situation.* Very well.
Sam: Thank you. Do you have Guest Quarters for her?