Starfleet Veteran
# 2901
11-29-2012, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Hampton leaves ross office. and after awhile beams aboard the saritoga-e. where a compliment of officers is waiting for him.

Hampton: you all know that we are going against the majority of starfleet command. I have the support of a few in command but not many.

Officer: we would do it no atter what sir. We trust you.

Hampton then types in a few commands as the ship begins to leave port.

hampton: helm set course for sector 4596 mark 6 maximum warp.

Helm: yes sir.

Commander Tymar: what is in that sector?

hampton: the 56th and 9th battle groups. and alot of nebula.should help hide the battle group. if the council surrenders we will be on our own. but me and admiral pryt planned for something like this. there are 1500 ships on emergency standby once we get all of the ships together we will make a strike.

OOC: i dont know how long you are wanting to make this last but this might work out well like having it be like like the human covenant war from halo.just a thought.
OOC: I'm not entirely briefed on the Halo storyline... mainly cos I'm not gonna pay for X-Box Live, but I won't get into that.

*The Iconian Mothership approaches Utopia Planetia and passes without incident. The ship then enters orbit around Earth, with Taragi beaming into Starfleet Command, Admiral Ross' Office.*

Taragi: Your government is most wise to consider our surrender demand.

Ross: First thing's first. We need certain terms to be honored before we surrender to your people, First Commander.

Taragi: It will be fully unconditional. You have demonstrated your courage, and will be left in peace.

Ross: That is most generous of--

Taragi: As vassals of the Iconian Imperial Assembly.

Ross: I see...

*Ross takes on an extremely serious tone.*

What are the conditions of this agreement?

Taragi: You will be free to govern your worlds however you see fit, but your fleets will be deactivated except for 500 Starships plus fighter attachments. They must also remain within their borders. Our ships also reserve the right to enter your space whenever we choose. We will compensate you for the destruction of the planet you call Vulcan. Your ship-building facilities, with the exception of Utopia Planetia, will be turned over to us for our use.

This is non-negotiable.

Ross: I see. Then, as the President ordered, we surrender.

Taragi: Any Federation citizen who wishes to leave has 48 hours to do so.

Ross: Or what?

Taragi: Or they will be entering enemy territory and will be considered enemies of the Iconian Empire.

*After 24 hours, all Republic, Romulan, and Klingon survivors are transferred to the U.S.S. Excalibur, which fold-jumps into Republic Space immediately.*
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 2902
11-29-2012, 12:57 PM
Hampton aboard the Saratoga outside federation space. Has met up with what's left of the 119th 85th and 9th fleets. And 2 battalions of federation MACOs. Watchs the communication as it is broadcasted. And slams his fist into the table cracking the glass.

Hampton: all forces head for proxima XII. We will hold their. Also get me the Klingons on comm. I want to know there plans as well as the republics and romulans.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2903
11-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Hampton aboard the Saratoga outside federation space. Has met up with what's left of the 119th 85th and 9th fleets. And 2 battalions of federation MACOs. Watchs the communication as it is broadcasted. And slams his fist into the table cracking the glass.

Hampton: all forces head for proxima XII. We will hold their. Also get me the Klingons on comm. I want to know there plans as well as the republics and romulans.
*Lanco III. The Iconians having left the system, Allied Forces have moved into the rebel base and made an attempt to deactivate the Orbital Gateway over Lanco II. For the time-being, Lanco III is serving as the Allied Command Centre.*

General S'vak (Commander of the Klingon Forces): The Federation has surrendered!

Admiral Ramez (Republic Commander): Well, there goes the neighbourhood. We're gonna have to step up Operation: Gateway if we want a hope in hell of stopping them.

Vala: We could try the device, but it's incredibly old.

Ramez: 2.8 Million Years...

From what we've seen, that's nothing to one of these things.

Vala: But all the Gate's we've seen have been from the late period of the Iconian Empire.

Ramez: Let's wait for Captain Allington to get here. MOCC has designated her Commander of the Operation.

S'vak: As it should be! Grant her the chance to follow in her Great-Grandfather's footsteps!

Ramez: She's not like her father. She's a risk-taker, a gambler, a loose-cannon--

S'vak: According to Marok, the Son of Torpal, his father had told him many stories of Ryan Allington's daring and unorthodox tactics. He was described as "an honourable leader who led with his heart", and would always weigh lives of his men over the gaining of territory. He also took risks and wasn't afraid to do the unpopular in favour of doing what he thought was right. On Qonos' there is no greater measure of a Great Warrior than that who realises that "Losing an Empire to win a War is no Victory".

Vala: "And ending a Battle to save an Empire is no Defeat". Emperor Kahless.

*S'vak and Ramez look at Vala surprised*

S'vak: I am impressed, Praetor! It is rare to hear a Romulan quote Kahless the Unforgettable!

Ramez: Back to the plan? *Gestures to a Blastdoor.*

*The three walk into a large chamber as the Blastdoor opens, revealing an Iconian Gateway, circular in appearance with similar symbols and generators as the orbital ring over Lanco II.*

It's made of pure neutronium, and it consumes so much power that the Rebels had to hook up a D'deridex just to get a light on. We've connected a Red Matter Capacitor and a Subspace Coil. When Allington gets here, we'll be able to get an idea of how long until we get to try it out. Considering what's happening, that'll probably be sooner rather than later.

*DS61, Sickbay, Morgue. Ryan is laying on the table with a sheet over his entire body. Sam and Daya are looking over it, mourning his death. After Daya leaves, Sam takes a moment to put something in her Great-Grandfather's hand - a pendant reading "in memory of Qonos'" in Klingon, Romulan and English.*

Sam: When Dad gave this to me, he said it was something his father had been given by you and passed down through the generations. He always told me how you'd been on the Frontlines of The Federation-Klingon War, the Federation Civil War, the Shadow War..., how you'd always tried to keep your men safe. How, even after the formation of the Republic, you'd be on the frontline instead of behind a desk.

Well, this is pretty much all I have left of him... but you were always the one person in the Galaxy who made me think that no matter what happened, everything would turn out for the better. Torpal gave this to you... now I'm giving it back to you.

*Sam closes Ryan's hand around the pendant, and it begins to glow blue, flashing before Sam finds herself in a white void. She turns and sees Ryan (as he appeared after the Shadow War) looking at her.*

Ryan: Hey Sam. Oh, before you panic and ask "how do you know who I am when my Grandfather is still in diapers?", this pendant, and others like it, were given to Myself, Allen, Cole, and Torpal kept one for himself. They were forged out of an Iconian metal that Siraga showed us. We engraved three inscriptions on each one; "In remembrance of Qonos'" in English, Klingon, and Romulan. I'm getting off topic... sorry.

The metal conducts Veil energy. I encoded a message on this for anyone who touched it with my corpse, as morbid as that is, to experience - my consciousness. In the years you've been wearing the pendant, I've been learning about you - who you are. The same went for your Father and Grandfather.

This isn't a pre-recorded message, I'm actually talking to you in real-time.

Sam: Cool.

Ryan: Yep. Well, this conversation's taking place out of time, so, we literally have all the time in the World. Firstly, how did I die?

Sam: You... had a heart attack.

Ryan: Not surprising, from what you went through. I could probably feel the Iconian return and what was happening at Lanco through the Veil.

Well...

Sam: You knew Dad?

Ryan: Better than myself out there probably did. Before you ask, yes, he did love you.

Sam: Actually, I was gonna ask if Tara was telling me the truth about his death.

Ryan: One of the only things I can still teach you is that while some people will tell the truth to people they're angry at, most of them will only tell part of it.

Sam: So she lied?

Ryan: No, but she didn't tell you the whole truth. I don't need to have known what your father was thinking during the crash to know that.

Sam: Right. This is a one-time thing, right?

Ryan: Pretty much. Of course, there is a way you can see me again, but you'd have to ask Talaka about that.

Sam: Who?

Ryan: You'll find out.

*A flash and Sam is back in the morgue. She takes the pendant and puts it back in her pocket. She walks out and boards the Excalibur for the trip to Lanco III via fold-jump.*
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 2904
11-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Hampton: is the long range array up yet.

Officer : yes sir.

Hampton: broadcast on Romulan republic and Klingon channels.

To any forces out there that have not surrendered to the iconians. This is rear admiral Hampton of what is left of starfleet. To any ships out there. Please respond.

Officer: message sent sir.

Hampton: very good. Have all forces stay at yellow alert. And bring the orbital defense systems online.

Officer: yes sir.

Commander Nastrum: we will need a name though. The federation exists but not as we know it.

Hampton: yes I have thought about that. Well we will use the U.S.C.( Unified space command.)
Captain
# 2905
11-29-2012, 05:18 PM
The subspace rift on the outer edge of the solar system pulsates, and deep within its spatial tear it links with the only other one in existence: one that was secluded away many, many light years from Romulan space. It was created by the original Voporak's test of the subspace tricobalt device in 2409. But the link is unstable, and one mysterious object passing through collapses both sides. The destruction of such a powerful anomoly sends a massive wave across sensors, even far beyond the now-surrendered Federation's territory. The identity and fate of what collapsed the rifts remains unknown - for now.

OOC: I had to get rid of that thing I created, I can't just leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Starfleet Veteran
# 2906
11-30-2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
The subspace rift on the outer edge of the solar system pulsates, and deep within its spatial tear it links with the only other one in existence: one that was secluded away many, many light years from Romulan space. It was created by the original Voporak's test of the subspace tricobalt device in 2409. But the link is unstable, and one mysterious object passing through collapses both sides. The destruction of such a powerful anomoly sends a massive wave across sensors, even far beyond the now-surrendered Federation's territory. The identity and fate of what collapsed the rifts remains unknown - for now.

OOC: I had to get rid of that thing I created, I can't just leave it there.
OOC: lol, can't leave anything for the space police to find. They might fine you for littering!
My Fan Fictions
Starfleet Veteran
# 2907
11-30-2012, 08:34 AM
*Lanco III. The Excalibur drops out of warp above the planet, beaming the Republic's former crew down to the planet before warping to proxima XII to rendezvous with the Federation Remnants.

Lanco III Complex. Sam and Matt walk into a Control Room over looking the Gate as a group of techs analyse the data from it.*

Sam: So? How does this thing work?

Tech 1: We're still trying to figure that out, sir.

Matt: Maybe we should try knocking?

Sam: John?

*She and Matt turn to DeFalco, who's looking at a stone tablet on the table.*

John DeFalco: This looks like Ancient Iconian.

These symbols correspond with numeric values, but they make no sense.

Sam: Why?

John: Well, from what we've seen of Iconian technology, I expected to see coordinates, but these look more like designations.

And, there was no control terminal.

Matt: Didn't you say that this was probably from the Empire's early periods?

John: It's possible they used a different system back then.

Sam: How do we make it work?

John: I'd say... hook up a computer, plug in a designation and start her up.

Sam: *Turns to a technician* Can you do that?

Tech 2: Easy.

*The tech walks off and into the Gate Room.*
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 2908
11-30-2012, 10:52 AM
Hampton walks into the makeshift command center on proxima XII and looks over reports coming through. They now sit at 3500 ships in system. But that seems like it will be all. The defense platforms and star base are now activ above the planet. As they are working to repairs the many damages ships that made it.

Hampton:so give me a quick run down of the situation.

Ops officer: we have started repairs on about a fifth of the ships that need it. Defense grid is active. Long range sensors are up as we have patrols going as far as the federation boarder. No movement detected yet and no communications from the federation or any other govt. and the Saretoga-E is fully ready.

Hampton: very good lt. Have all commanding personell meet me in the briefing room in 2 hours we will discuss our plans then.
Career Officer
# 2909
11-30-2012, 01:02 PM
Hampton soon walks into the briefing room. And takes a look at the officers before him. He knows all are capable but is saddened at how quickly some have been shoved into positions. Drinks are brought to everyone. As Hampton sits

Hampton: hello everyone. Shall we begin.

Admiral North: yes please do.

Hampton: as I'm sure every one knows we have all te forces we can expect to get here with us right now. I have also been informed that te republic is working on shutting down the gateway. But that doesn't mean there isn't more. We are goin to have alot of work ahead of us. I don't deny that. But we beat the shadows once we can do this again.

Commodore Person: how can you be sure admiral?

Hampton: because I know we will. We wot go with out a fight and soon the very mention of humanity will make them tremble.

( almost all the people here are human with a few eceptions. )

Hampton spends a few hours answering questions and going over plans.

Soon Hampton: alright everyone I think that should do it for today.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2910
12-01-2012, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Hampton soon walks into the briefing room. And takes a look at the officers before him. He knows all are capable but is saddened at how quickly some have been shoved into positions. Drinks are brought to everyone. As Hampton sits

Hampton: hello everyone. Shall we begin.

Admiral North: yes please do.

Hampton: as I'm sure every one knows we have all te forces we can expect to get here with us right now. I have also been informed that te republic is working on shutting down the gateway. But that doesn't mean there isn't more. We are goin to have alot of work ahead of us. I don't deny that. But we beat the shadows once we can do this again.

Commodore Person: how can you be sure admiral?

Hampton: because I know we will. We wot go with out a fight and soon the very mention of humanity will make them tremble.

( almost all the people here are human with a few eceptions. )

Hampton spends a few hours answering questions and going over plans.

Soon Hampton: alright everyone I think that should do it for today.
*The Excalibur soon arrives in the Proxima System, and requests Docking Clearance with the Station.*
My Fan Fictions