Career Officer
# 2941
12-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Mirror Voporak: You are correct - I am not here to start a war with you. I brought these ships to assist you.
Hampton: I was hoping you where going to say something like that.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2942
12-02-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Mirror Voporak: You are correct - I am not here to start a war with you. I brought these ships to assist you.
OOC: Err... you realise Shields stop ballistics as well. In fact, ballistics are worth less on shields than energy weapons.

The only exceptions would be secondary (skin-tight) shields or PSGs.

*Lanco III Facility. Sam and Matt are looking over the data the Probe accumulated overnight.*

Matt: The culture seems pre-warp. Looks like an Industrial Society, similar to Late 20th Century Earth.

Sam: Society?

Matt: Fractured. There appear to be 3 independent nations, all more than capable of raging war with the others.

Sam: Well, that settles it. We can't go there.

Matt: Agreed. Bring the Probe back through--

*An alarm starts chiming on the display as several missiles are luanched from the Nation beneath the probe.*

Sam: Did you put the Probe in Geo-stationary orbit?

Tech: No. We didn't expect there to be such an advanced civilisation--

Matt: Damn!

*The missiles head toward one of the other nations, except one, which heads toward the probe.*

Sam: Kill the probe! Now!

*The techs self-destruct the probe before impact. The telemetry cuts out.*

Shut down the Gate.

*The gate terminates.*

Get a team ready.

Matt: Sam?

Sam: We screwed up. If we just started a war, I want to have a chance of ending it as soon as possible.

Matt: Don't you think we should contact Command first?

Sam: Standard procedure; we interfere with an alien culture, we run damage control.

Besides, Command put this mission under my Command SEPARATE from the Command structure.

Matt: I'll get an Assault Ops team ready. Are you going with them?

Sam: Yes.

Matt: I was afraid you were gonna say that.

Sam: We'll wait 6 hours.

Matt: What about North? He'll want to know what's happened.

Sam: You just volunteered for that.

*Matt makes sure that North gets a report on what has happened and the planned expedition.*
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 2943
12-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Ooc: you do remember in first contact that ballistics went through the Borg shields right.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2944
12-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Ooc: you do remember in first contact that ballistics went through the Borg shields right.
OOC: Their shields are skin-tight, like PSGs. Starship Primary shields tend to be Shield Bubbles.
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 2945
12-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Ooc: also there are numerous times ballistics where down shields faster because it is a solid mass deal owning massive kinetic damage. Where as energy based weapons don't have the force behind them. I will say for example you have a solid MAC round will tear through the shields in a single shot way better then phaser or torpedoes. Just saying sometimes ballistics have worked better against shields then energy based weapons also when shields are made specifically for energy based weapons.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2946
12-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Ooc: also there are numerous times ballistics where down shields faster because it is a solid mass deal owning massive kinetic damage. Where as energy based weapons don't have the force behind them. I will say for example you have a solid MAC round will tear through the shields in a single shot way better then phaser or torpedoes. Just saying sometimes ballistics have worked better against shields then energy based weapons also when shields are made specifically for energy based weapons.
OOC: You realise you're comparing a Halo weapon to Star Trek Shields, right?

Though, I'll admit, Star Trek has been pretty sketchy on the effectiveness of Shields.

But, these ships survived an onslaught of energy weapons and torpedoes from 758 ships...

Man, I made the Iconians overpowered

*Evil Grin*

I've never had more fun controlling the Bad Guys.
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 2947
12-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
OOC: Their shields are skin-tight, like PSGs. Starship Primary shields tend to be Shield Bubbles.
But I also have a trick or two up my sleeve with the ballistics.
Career Officer
# 2948
12-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
OOC: You realise you're comparing a Halo weapon to Star Trek Shields, right?

Though, I'll admit, Star Trek has been pretty sketchy on the effectiveness of Shields.

But, these ships survived an onslaught of energy weapons and torpedoes from 758 ships...

Man, I made the Iconians overpowered

*Evil Grin*

I've never had more fun controlling the Bad Guys.
Lol yes you do do a good job at that. I got a few tricks planned with these high tech ballistics.
Career Officer
# 2949
12-02-2012, 12:51 PM
North reads over the report and sends it to Hampton. Meanwhile Hampton continues working
Career Officer
# 2950
12-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Hampton soon sits down after hours o workin on the ships his uniform is now stained an torn. As e sits down he read norths report.

Hampton: damn if the iconians still have contact with that world they will know the gate system has been breached.

Aide: highly unlikely from what we have seen though now sir.

Hampton: how close are we to being done refitting the vessels.

Aide: we are almost complete b

Hampton: make sure it gets finished. We must be ready