Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,985
# 291
07-31-2012, 11:33 AM
As cole sits in a briefing with the military commanders of the vgi he sits listening as well as looking over intel reports and for the first time in awhile is happy when he sees admiral allen and soval are both leaving romulan space. But is quickly occupied again.

Gen mortin: all ground forces are currently ready should we be attacked. We have forces everywhere.

Admiral tali: the fleet is also fully mobilized and is doubling up on patrols although i must inform you that the tholians have been testing our borders. Looks like our treaty with them is over.

Cole: very well. We will continue with our current plan and will modify it as needed.

As the military officers salute and leave one remains.

Cole: admiral yikovy you are to begin again finding shedai artifacts. When the iconians return we will need every advantage we can get. Also has our diplomat to the dominion reported in yet.

Admiral yikovy : no he hasnt sir.

Cole : very well those are your orders.computer raise admiral allen inform him i am going to leave the tempest and templar both stationed at ds9 the rest of the vgi ships will return to our space. Also seeif he still wishes for our ships to remain at starbase 41 and starbase 39.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,181
# 292
07-31-2012, 10:04 PM
*USS Odyssey*

Starbase 41 this is USS Odyssey we are requesting docking. We have come home. Admiral Soval is on board safe and sound.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15,548
# 293
08-01-2012, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*USS Odyssey*

Starbase 41 this is USS Odyssey we are requesting docking. We have come home. Admiral Soval is on board safe and sound.
*Starbase 41*
Ryan: Stand-by, Odyssey. There's a priority Medical Ship ahead of you.

U.S.S. Pasteur, this is Starbase 41, you are cleared to dock at Bay 12. U.S.S. Odyssey, you are cleared to dock at Bay 7. I.K.S. Rotarran, continue to hold. *Closes Channel*

Contact the Shipyard, see when the DeForest Kelley will be ready for action again.

Wenj: Aye, sir. Sir, why is Doctor Pulaski coming here all the way from Starfleet Medical?

Ryan: Pulaski? Get some bureaucracy and delay the Pasteur while I get into dress uniform and greet Doctor Pulaski aboard! I want a full Honour Guard present! Make sur--

Wenj: Sir, the orders say she's here on Medical Priority One.

Ryan: Oh, then beam her straight to the infirmary. And...

Wenj: Disregard the Honour Guard order?

Ryan: Yes, disregard the Honour Guard.

Wenj: What Honour Guard? Beaming Doctor Pulaski to the Infirmary now.

*Docking Bay 7*
Soval: Thank you for the lift, Admiral. Now, if you'll excuse me... *Enters Turbolift* Level 5: Infirmary.

*Infirmary*

Pulaski: How much do you know about Torik's Syndrome?

Doctor: Never heard of it.

Soval: It's a biological disorder that affects 1 in 1000 Vulcan-Human hybrids and 1 in 100000 normal Vulcans. It's brought on when the victim reaches the approximate age of 20-25. The first Symptom is a heightened pulse rate, followed by a fever and--

Doctor: And then a shut down of all autonomic functions! That's almost exactly what the Sao Paulo's CMO reported! The next stage would be complete Cordical shutdown, correct?

Pulaski: Yes, resulting in death. I treated Commander T'las for the condition 2 years ago, while the U.S.S. Scott was at Earth Spacedock. We'd seemed to have eradicated the condition from her system, but not without fear of relapse. The relapse can be brought on by extreme electrical charges, amplified by Vulcan Copper-based blood, which T'las, unfortunately, has. The reason I was able to help her last time was because we caught it quickly enough, I'd like to make that clear, Admiral. It may already be too late.

Soval: Do what you can, Admiral.

Pulaski: "Doctor" will do fine, Soval.
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,985
# 294
08-01-2012, 12:08 PM
As cole sits alone in the war room reading border reports and intel reports a young ensign rushes in.

Ensign kypt: sir we have heard from ambassoder tyler the dominion has agreed to a meeting.

Cole jumps up heads for the transporter. Thinking to himself at last finally some good news.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,181
# 295
08-01-2012, 08:04 PM
*Fleet Admiral Allen arrives at Starbase 41 operations to meet with Admiral Ryan.*

*The entire room salutes when he enters.*

At ease I don't want you all straining anything to go by protocol. How is the front, from what I have heard its quiet.

Random Lt.: Yes sir it remains that way sir.

By the way Lt. Cham where is Admiral Ryan, we have much to discuss.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,985
# 296
08-02-2012, 02:44 AM
Soon the avalanche arrives at ds9 ax it heads to the worm whole and heads for the gamma quadrant. Cole sits on the bridge hoping things for once will go the right way.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15,548
# 297
08-02-2012, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*Fleet Admiral Allen arrives at Starbase 41 operations to meet with Admiral Ryan.*

*The entire room salutes when he enters.*

At ease I don't want you all straining anything to go by protocol. How is the front, from what I have heard its quiet.

Random Lt.: Yes sir it remains that way sir.

By the way Lt. Cham where is Admiral Ryan, we have much to discuss.
*Rear Admiral Ryan leaves his office and walks into Operations, saluting Fleet Admiral Allen.*

Ryan: What can I do for you, sir?

*Meanwhile, in the infirmary*
Pulaski: This is one stubborn microbe. It's still moving into the brain. We can't risk another dose of Cordrazine unless we have to. Let's narrow the pattern as far as it'll go. There. Look, it's working! The microbes are starting to-- *Brain activity flatlines*

She's going into Cortical failure! It's the memories, we're forcing her brain to produce endorphins related to emotions like pain while her mind's extremely weak! She's giving in! Cortical Stimulator!

*Soval places T'las' hand on his face while doing the same to her*
Soval: My mind to your mind, my thoughts to your thoughts. *T'las begins mouthing the words as Soval says them.* Our minds are merging. Our Minds are one. *The two join hands with their two free hands* My mind to your mind, my thoughts to your thoughts. Our minds are merging. Our minds are one. *They repeat this process a couple of times.*

Doctor: Doctor! Her cortical functions are stabilizing!

Pulaski: The meld is letting Soval be in her mind while she's experiencing the memories! He's aiding T'las through them!

Doctor: But, if she dies, during the meld...

Pulaski: There's too much at stake to just break the meld. Cortical Stimulator. *She places one stimulator on Soval's forehead, and one on T'las'* If her vitals completely fail, we'll have to terminate the meld. *She moves back to the piece of equipment she was using to control the neural stimulation (OOC: If you want a partial understanding of what's remotely happening, I suggest you watch TNG: Shades of Grey) and examines the readout.* Good. The growth rate's at zero. The virus is staring to retract back down to the Spinal Column. Anethrezine, 5CCs. *A nurse hands her a hypo, which she injects into T'las' arm* That should keep her under while we finish removing the virus. If the endorphins can hurt the virus back to here *points to a spot on the diagram just below the spinal column* I can remove it by stimulating the nerve with protons.

Doctor: How would that help?

Pulaski: The nervous system uses bio-electricity to control nerve functions, the same way as how the Brain operates. Electricity is just the collection of electrons into a steady current, so by pumping protons into that nerve, which are oppositely charged to electrons, we'll make the are more inhospitably to the microbe.

Doctor: And since it needs brain endorphins to survive, and seeing how poisoned food is still food.

Pulaski: It'll work it's way back up towards the spinal column.

Doctor: Where the endorphins will kill it! Brilliant!

Pulaski: Consider ourselves lucky that this is a smarter microbe than those on some planets. Of course, there's some risk. The proton count needs to be exact or we risk destroying the nerve the microbe's inhabiting.

Doctor: On it!
My Fan Fictions

Last edited by ryan218; 08-02-2012 at 06:07 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,181
# 298
08-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*Rear Admiral Ryan leaves his office and walks into Operations, saluting Fleet Admiral Allen.*

Ryan: What can I do for you, sir?

*Meanwhile, in the infirmary*
Pulaski: This is one stubborn microbe. It's still moving into the brain. We can't risk another dose of Cordrazine unless we have to. Let's narrow the pattern as far as it'll go. There. Look, it's working! The microbes are starting to-- *Brain activity flatlines*

She's going into Cortical failure! It's the memories, we're forcing her brain to produce endorphins related to emotions like pain while her mind's extremely weak! She's giving in! Cortical Stimulator!

*Soval places T'las' hand on his face while doing the same to her*
Soval: My mind to your mind, my thoughts to your thoughts. *T'las begins mouthing the words as Soval says them.* Our minds are merging. Our Minds are one. *The two join hands with their two free hands* My mind to your mind, my thoughts to your thoughts. Our minds are merging. Our minds are one. *They repeat this process a couple of times.*

Doctor: Doctor! Her cortical functions are stabilizing!

Pulaski: The meld is letting Soval be in her mind while she's experiencing the memories! He's aiding T'las through them!

Doctor: But, if she dies, during the meld...

Pulaski: There's too much at stake to just break the meld. Cortical Stimulator. *She places one stimulator on Soval's forehead, and one on T'las'* If her vitals completely fail, we'll have to terminate the meld. *She moves back to the piece of equipment she was using to control the neural stimulation (OOC: If you want a partial understanding of what's remotely happening, I suggest you watch TNG: Shades of Grey) and examines the readout.* Good. The growth rate's at zero. The virus is staring to retract back down to the Spinal Column. Anethrezine, 5CCs. *A nurse hands her a hypo, which she injects into T'las' arm* That should keep her under while we finish removing the virus. If the endorphins can hurt the virus back to here *points to a spot on the diagram just below the spinal column* I can remove it by stimulating the nerve with protons.

Doctor: How would that help?

Pulaski: The nervous system uses bio-electricity to control nerve functions, the same way as how the Brain operates. Electricity is just the collection of electrons into a steady current, so by pumping protons into that nerve, which are oppositely charged to electrons, we'll make the are more inhospitably to the microbe.

Doctor: And since it needs brain endorphins to survive, and seeing how poisoned food is still food.

Pulaski: It'll work it's way back up towards the spinal column.

Doctor: Where the endorphins will kill it! Brilliant!

Pulaski: Consider ourselves lucky that this is a smarter microbe than those on some planets. Of course, there's some risk. The proton count needs to be exact or we risk destroying the nerve the microbe's inhabiting.

Doctor: On it!
*raises a hand up* Please Rear Admiral at ease.

How is the front doing so far? Any unusual activity? My vessel detected nothing.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,985
# 299
08-02-2012, 08:25 PM
After leaving the wormhole and heading for the rendevou spot the avalanche engages cloake. As they are traveling.

Cole: helm are you sure this is the right path we arent headed for dominion space?

Helm : sir this ia what the coordinates take us.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15,548
# 300
08-03-2012, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*raises a hand up* Please Rear Admiral at ease.

How is the front doing so far? Any unusual activity? My vessel detected nothing.
Ryan: Nothing, sir. We've pushed the Romulan rebels back to the Neutral Zone Border. Admiral Benteen's fleet is--

Ops lieutenant: Sir, incoming Romulan and Breen Warp Signatures!

Ryan: Oh, hell! Red Alert! All hands, Battle Stations!

*The Red Alert Klaxon sounds through all decks*

*The Infirmary, now at Red Alert*

Pulaski: Almost have it. There! We've eradicated the infection!

*The Mind Meld between Admiral Soval and Commander T'las breaks*

Pulaski: We eradicated the infection, Admiral. You won't have any more relapses Commander.

Soval: Then, I'd better get up to Ops. and see what's happening.

Doctor: Oh, no, you don't! I still have a dozen tests to run, on both of you. Doctor Pulaski, given the situation, if you could remain here and help with Medical emergencies...

Pulaski: Of course.

*Ops*

Wenj: Incoming Breen ships!

Ryan: U.S.S. Victorious, U.S.S. Darwin and U.S.S. Hornet, assume defensive positions around the station. U.S.S. Pasteur will be on stand-by for Medical Assistance. This is Starbase 41 to any Federation Vessels in range, we are under attack! Repeat, we are under attack!

Wenj: Breen ships are firing! Romulan Vessels now dropping out of warp and joining the Breen Formation! Markings match rebel ships!

Ryan: All weapons, fire at will! Launch all Runabouts and Fighters!

*As the station's defence grid fires in the background, a mix of Danube and Yellowstone Runabouts, as well as Peregrine Fighters, launch from the Starbase's Shuttlebays and Runabout Pads.*

Wenj: Runabouts and Fighters away, sir! *Ops rumbles as enemy weapons fire hits the shields* Shields at 86% and holding, for now.

Ryan: Admiral Allen, the Odyssey is still docked here. If you could take command and join the defence, we'd appreciate it.
My Fan Fictions
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:15 PM.