Captain
# 3021
12-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Hampton: I don't think that's hard to figure out. Someone who want to turn people against us.
Voporak: Methinks Iconians. Say, do we know what happened after that mad fool rammed his ship into the damaged Iconian vessel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Career Officer
# 3022
12-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Voporak: Methinks Iconians. Say, do we know what happened after that mad fool rammed his ship into the damaged Iconian vessel?
Hampton: I don't know. I would assume they where both destroyed.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3023
12-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
North: not to sound unconvinced admiral but may I ask why. From what I know you helped advise the council to surrender. Why the change I heart.
Ross: It was for the Federation.

Come now, North. Who do you think deactivated the Sol Sector defences? I'll admit though, I wasn't expecting you to blow up Starfleet Headquarters!

Sam: Admiral.

Ross: Right. The Dreadnought didn't fire on Utopia Planitia, but someone did. It was the Venture. We'd just finished her refit and someone in Starfleet decided to test out her weapons. On Utopia.

Sam: Who?

Ross: I put an SI operative on it before I left.

*U.S.S. Venture. The bridge lights are dimmed as a Starfleet Officer awakens in front of the Captain's seat. The seat's occupant is shrouded by the shadows.*

Starfleet Officer: You're supposed to be dead.

Mysterious Figure: You're not the first to say that. Jessica.

*Another figure walks up behind and grabs the Officer, pulling him to his feet before a pair of nanoprobe tubules are stuck into his neck. The 'Captain stands from his chair and enters the light. Their are substantial cybernetic implants, but it is clearly Franklin Drake.*

Do you feel that? That's the feeling of 1000s of microscopic robots latching onto your heart. The tissue is deteriorated by electro-static impulses. The heart stops. The blood stops. The brain starves.

Starfleet Officer: Why are you... doing this...?

Drake: Article 15, Section 31: In times of extraordinary threat... any means necessary may be taken to ensure the survival of the Federation.

Starfleet Officer: You bloody murderer...*He faints and dies. The second figure drops him to the ground and moves her blonde hair from her eyes.*

Figure 2: Was that really necessary?

Drake: I thought you hated the Federation, DeSalle?

Figure 2: I still have some sense of humanity, Drake.

Drake: And how did Starfleet repay your attempts at redemption? Experimentation! Reactivating every implant they could! Stopping your ageing! You were a PRISONER before I found you, Jessica!

DeSalle: When we entered into this agreement, we did so under the promise that I'd be able to destroy Vulcan, and kill Soval when it was over. Now we have only one foundation.

Drake: You'd never get to Soval now. But, the Collective is another matter.

DeSalle: What?

Drake: You want to liberate the Borg, there's your chance. They're still recovering, and are without a Queen.

DeSalle: What's the catch?

Drake: That you use the Borg to destroy the Republic. As simple as that.

DeSalle: Alright...

But I don't kill anyone else unless I choose to.

Drake: Fine. *Throws her a small device.* There's the Cortical remote.

DeSalle: And what are you going to do?

Drake: What do you know of S.H.I.E.L.D.?
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 3024
12-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Hampton: you sly admiral. Well at this rate things may start looking up after all.
Captain
# 3025
12-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Voporak: So, Ross, who's the wise guy behind all this?
Quote:
Quote:
Career Officer
# 3026
12-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Hampton : north continue working as you are I'll return to proxima XII and rendezvous with our fleet. And we will go from there. Ross I'm glad to have you on our side.

Hamptons holo image disappears.

Cole: so captain what is your plan.
Captain
# 3027
12-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Voporak: Set course for Proxima XII.

*The Dreadnought goes to warp, only to stop a few minutes later at a field of debris*

Voporak: What is this stuff?

*He checks over sensor readings*

Voporak: I can't tell what this came from. But hypothetically saying the Iconian ship was destroyed, what happened to Taragi?
Quote:
Quote:
Starfleet Veteran
# 3028
12-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Hampton: you sly admiral. Well at this rate things may start looking up after all.
Sam: Don't jinx it.

Voporak, that was a Republic A-12 Weapon Battery. They're still in the prototype phase and aren't in mass production yet. The Iconians couldn't have gotten hold of them. Our enemy, whoever he is, has his resources.

Ross: I'm afraid I wasn't completely honest with you, Captain. One of the guards to the Venture's airlock was found dead. He'd died from Cardiac arrest. Nanoprobes were found inside his heart. The genetic signature matched Jessica DeSalle.

Sam: Then your scans are wrong. DeSalle died 100 years ago, after the shadow war ended. Her shuttle exploded.

*Ross stands stoicly.*

Sam *annoyed*: Didn't it?

Ross: Starfleet Intelligence sent her to Cold Station 12.

Sam: You idiots.

Ross: We thought we could use her to improve cybernetic technology, and find ways of combating the Borg. Unfortunately, it soon devolved into improving the Borg implants, testing their capabilities, and the feasibility of merging it with humans. Genetic Manipulation slowed her ageing to near frozen. She vanished 2 years ago. She was taken by Section 31.

Sam: They were disbanded when S.H.I.E.L.D. was formed.

Ross: Officially.

Sam: Okay, you've screwed up. Big time. DeSalle almost destroyed the Federation because she felt it had betrayed her. Even if this experimentation was voluntary...

*Ross averts his eyes.*

You bas...

WERE YOU INSANE?!! You stabbed arguably the most dangerous person in the quadrant in the back, and then let her ESCAPE?! Who's running Starfleet!? Abbot and Costello?!
My Fan Fictions
Starfleet Veteran
# 3029
12-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Voporak: Set course for Proxima XII.

*The Dreadnought goes to warp, only to stop a few minutes later at a field of debris*

Voporak: What is this stuff?

*He checks over sensor readings*

Voporak: I can't tell what this came from. But hypothetically saying the Iconian ship was destroyed, what happened to Taragi?
*Taragi's corpse floats amongst the debris, before there's a flash in the middle of the field, and the debris is pulled into a large sphere. It then explodes, sending shrapnel flying in every direction, and toward the Dreadnought.*

OOC: I'd start running.
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 3030
12-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Voporak: Unless something else happened, there's more debris here than the mass of the mirror Dreadnought. And not only that, there's nuclear radiation on this stuff. I think we may be looking at a blown up Iconian ship, but I could be wrong. I have been wrong before, but I can't ignore this evidence. Beam some of that stuff aboard and continue on course to Proxima XII.
Quote:
Quote: