Starfleet Veteran
# 3211
12-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Hampton: well I would suggest we don't waste to much time though either way we do want to give her time to get even more ready.
*Matt beams up to the Republic and moves the ship into position at the Orbital Gate. The Gateway activates and Bra'mec's ship leads them through.

Republic Bridge.*

T'mar: Sir, I picked up a transporter signal before we left.

*Matt facepalms.*

Matt: Where?

T'mar: Deck 15, Maintenance Conduit 24 Beta.

Matt: I'll handle it. DeFalco, you have the bridge.

John: Yes sir.

*2 minutes later, Mat enters the Maint-conduit and opens a panel into the superstructure.*

Matt: Hello there.

Sam: How'd you...?

Matt: I know you.

Sam: Was it that obvious?

Matt: Yes. You're lucky we're already through the gate or I'd drop you off back at Lanco right now.

Sam: I still outrank you, Matt!

Matt: If only you were smart enough for that rank!

Sam: Cute. Real Mature!

Matt: Are you INSANE?! She tried to kill you last time!

Sam: I was there!

Matt: Then why are you doing this?!

Sam: It's my mess! You'll have better luck finding her with me tagging along, anyway!

Matt: And how do you figure that?!

Sam 2 *Sam's mind*: Oh, you two have issues.

Sam: Shut up!

Matt: What?

Sam: Not you!

Sam 2 *Sam's mind*: Oh, is someone losing it?

Matt: She's got the link working again, hasn't she?

Sam 2 *Sam's mind*: You're busted.

Sam: Matt, drop it!

Sam 2 *Sam's mind*: Wow, you're getting testy.

Matt: How long have you been hearing her?! You know how easily she get's to you!

Sam 2 *Sam's mind*: Like you could stop me!

Sam: It's not like I can just turn it off!

Sam 2 *Sam's mind*: Finally! Something we agree on! Now if you could just find me so I could crush your windpipe...

Matt: Sam! She's going to KILL YOU!

Sam: Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Matt: What is with you?! Are you TRYING to get yourself killed?!

Sam: What's that supposed to mean?!

Matt: Tara, the Orbital Gate, Dalos Alpha Prime! You've taken every high risk you could!

Sam: That's not true!

Sam 2 *Sam's mind*: Wow, you have a death wish? Didn't see that coming.

Sam: Matt, listen to me, I don't have a death wish.

I know her, I can help you stop her.

Matt: I know you too! Do you have ANY idea how hard it is watching you put yourself in the line of fire like that?! DO YOU?!

Sam: Do you have any idea how hard it is living with the fact that you're responsible for a creature capable of destroying entire worlds?!

Sam 2 *Sam's mind*: Creature?! I take offence to that!

Sam: You were meant to!

*Matt snaps back to look in her eyes.*

Not you!

Sam 2 *Sam's mind*: Why don't you come find me so I can remind you why insulting me's a bad idea, bi--?!

Sam: Don't tempt me!

Shut up and get out of my head!

Matt: Sam, block her out! Focus on me!

*Sam tries to look away, but Matt pulls her back to face him as her eyes start to tear up.*

I just don't want to see you get hurt.

Sam: Maybe this is why relationships within a unit are discouraged...

Matt: Just... just promise me you'll be okay?

*Sam leans into him and he pulls her into an embrace.*

Okay?

Sam: Okay.
The Game of Houses (A Klingon fan-fic)

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Captain
# 3212
12-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Hampton : I also didn't think it would take what you did to change that. Also I didn't try to wipe out a whole power just to keep your little dream going. I could repay you a lot better if you really want.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3213
12-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Hampton : I also didn't think it would take what you did to change that. Also I didn't try to wipe out a whole power just to keep your little dream going. I could repay you a lot better if you really want.
Drake: You mean murder?

*Laughs*

You couldn't kill me even if you wanted to!

It was part of your conditioning. You can't kill me, or allow me to die through your own actions or inaction! It's a safety measure.

Besides, I feel much better knowing that you're going to live the rest of your life wanting revenge, but being unable to exact it. How does that sound, Mr Hampton?

*OOC: That's right! Drake just pulled a Bester!*

Captain
# 3214
12-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post

*Laughs*

It was part of your conditioning. You can't kill me, or allow me to die through your own actions or inaction! It's a safety measure.

Besides, I feel much better knowing that you're going to live the rest of your life wanting revenge, but being unable to exact it. How does that sound, Mr Hampton?

Hampton: its called I don't have to cause I know people who are in line to get your head. And don't worry I can still cause you plenty of pain without killing you. You made sure I was good well guess what I'm really good now.
Captain
# 3215
12-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Quote:

*Laughs*

Hampton: I also don't need to kill you. Seeing you spend your life in a cell is good enough for me.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3216
12-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Hampton: I also don't need to kill you. Seeing you spend your life in a cell is good enough for me.
Drake: Then I'm sorry to disappoint.

*Drake is beamed away.*

*In orbit, a Klingon Bird of Prey shimmers and changes to reveal the Venture, which Fold-jumps clear of Lanco.*

Captain
# 3217
12-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Drake: Then I'm sorry to disappoint.

*Drake is beamed away.*

*In orbit, a Klingon Bird of Prey shimmers and changes to reveal the Venture, which Fold-jumps clear of Lanco.*
Hampton smashes a nearby console as he screams. As he also leaves a hige dent in the brig door as he exist.

Hampton: north prep the nova. We are going to find drake and drag his sorry excuse for a being back here. He will be happy I at least found part of my humanity again and don't just let every go kill him.

North: yes sir. Although you know this will takes us back I'm sure into federation space.

Hampton.: I don't care he better not press his luck or he will find out just how much he can really live through.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3218
12-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Hampton smashes a nearby console as he screams. As he also leaves a hige dent in the brig door as he exist.

Hampton: north prep the nova. We are going to find drake and drag his sorry excuse for a being back here. He will be happy I at least found part of my humanity again and don't just let every go kill him.

North: yes sir. Although you know this will takes us back I'm sure into federation space.

Hampton.: I don't care he better not press his luck or he will find out just how much he can really live through.
OOC: Oooh, I like this darker side of Hampton.

How are you going to find him?

*Iconian Space. The Republic continues searching for the synthesisers. Tara walks into Sam's quarters.*

Tara: Dar'mei'na.

Sam: Don't. You lost the right to call me that.

Tara: Sam, we need to talk.

Can you lock the door?

Sam: Computer, seal exit.

What?

Tara: You didn't let me explain. I wasn't trying to protect your Dad's killer--

Sam: Don't you have anything to say worth listening to?

Tara: Listen Sam, I have been patient! I have done my best to be tolerant, but if you don't shut up and let me explain...!

Sam: You'll what?!

Tara: Don't push me.

Sam: Get out.

Tara: Make me.

*Sam punches Tara across the face then goes to hit her again. This time, Tara catches the fist and grabs Sam's arm and throws her into a wall. Sam recovers and gets into a fighting stance.*

Okay! You really wanna go?!

*Sam punches her in the face again before Tara ducks beneath another blow and elbows her in the back. She then punches Sam in the face and roundhouses her into the abdomen before grabbing her arm again. Sam twists Tara's arm around and kicks her leg out before taking her down to the floor and hitting her with a series of punches. Tara manages to catch one and grabs Sam's head, slamming it into the floor. Sam elbows her in the gut and rolls Tara back on her back, her nose now bleeding. Tara punches her across the face, rolls her legs into Sam's gut and pushes her off. Sam then gets up, grabs her, and throws her into a wall, twists her arm, and locks it behind her back. Tara breaks free and elbows Sam in the face before punching her to the floor.*

That all you got?

Sam: Not quite.

*Sam pulls herself up and gets ready to hit tara again when the ship goes to Red Alert. Tara leaves to report to her station and Sam grabs her combadge.*

Allington to Forrester, what's happening?

Matt *Over comm.*: We found her.

Sam 2 *Sam's mind*: Unfortunately for you.

*Sam's beamed off the Republic and into a silver room. The room is covered in a metallic, oval-like bump pattern.*

Sam: Great.

Sam 2 *Sam's mind*: For me. Not so much for you.

*Sam wipes the blood from her nose.*

Sam: You wanted me?! You've got me! What now?!

Sam 2 *Sam's mind*: I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise.

*OOC: Going offline until tomorrow (12:00 GMT, roughly.)

Captain
# 3219
12-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Ooc I'm glad. Oh don't worry he will find a way.

Hampton stands on te bridge looking out the few screen.

North: can I speak to you in private please.

They both walk into the ready room on the nova

North: Matthew what happened down there. I thought gou had everything under control. Now you are like you are hell bent on finding him. I dot want to put this ship at risk.

Hampton: I thought for a moment I had control again.

North: and then drake shower up again.

Hampton: no. I fought the Borg again. And it reminded me of what I was. A machine with a brain.

Removes his helmet again and sets it on the desk.

Hampton: and then I saw drake again and no matter how much I wanted to just kill him when I knocked him out I couldn't.

North: so how about you get some rest. And lets wait for Sam and them to get back.

Hampton: do you know what it's like to be made to kill. That is your sole purpose to kill no other. To have killed people and not have had a second thought. I for a moment thought I could regain a part of my humanity. But it seems I was wrong.

North: get some rest we will wait and see what happens with Sam and the rest of them.
Captain
# 3220
12-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Hampton leaves the ready room and heads for an airlock as he enter he leaves the ship an takes a walk on the hull I the vessel. As he just walks. Here among the stars does he feel any peace. He wonders how Sams mission is going. And wonders of he shouldn't have stopped her from going. He then removes his helmet so that he can feel the cold of space. He stops for a moment and just stands there. Watching the stars.

Hampton: your not worth it drake. And you neve will be. I make my own decisions from here on. And forgetting you is one of them.