Starfleet Veteran
# 341
08-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*SPecies 9042 vessels begin to dodge the fire of the vessel and ram into the vessel. They begin assimilating the computer system and the ROmulans at systems vital to the vessel. Like a computer they reprogram the vessel to turn on Iconia and when finished to ram any Iconian presence.*

*They send a message to Admiral Soval mentally*

"Return we have control for a time. The abomination is under our control for now. It is going to be used as a battering ram. We need the fleet to make it to Iconia.*

*USS Dogos Gear. *

Derek Ross: Well that is Species 9042's work, how long can they keep that thing from attacking all of us. Soval needs to hurry to Iconia we don't have time.

Soval, This is Derek Ross of the Dogos Gear the Abomination has stopped and has turned on the Romulans. We need to turn around!
"
Soval: Understoo-- *Transmission cuts off*

Soval: What the-- Report!

Comm: We're being jammed!

Sci: There's a ship approaching! Bearing 180 Mark 0!

Torpal: Onscreen!

*On the viewer, a large vessel is seen approaching.*

Torpal: Magnify!

*The vessel can now be seen fully. It's spherical in shape and the size of a large moon*

Soval: A Dyson's Sphere?

Torpal: I wasn't aware they could move.

Soval: They can't.

Sci: I'm reading Borg and Romulan energy signatures.

Soval: Oh hell!

Sci: The Vessel's released a graviton burst! All vessels are dropping to impulse!

Torpal: Defence Condition One! Battle Stations!

Soval: It's too late! Look!

*The vessel locks tractor beams on every ship in the Battle Group and pulls them into it.*

Torpal: Raise shields before--

*A Borg Drone beams over and kidnaps Admiral Soval*

Torpal: Borg dogs! Fire all weapons!

*Before any of the ships can react, the vessel launches a small vessel, resembling a Romulan Bird of Prey covered in Borg Components, which proceeds to warp. The sphere then begins to self destruct, with the fleet still inside.*

Torpal: All power to engines and shields! Get us out of here!

*Out of 200 vessels, only 5 make it out, all heavily damaged, the Kahless among them*

Torpal: *curses in Klingon* Release a Distress Beacon. Try and contact Admiral Ross. "We have been attacked by the Borg, require 5 tug ships to return to Starbase. Admiral Soval has been captured, presumed dead or assimilated."

*U.S.S. Pasteur, Starbase 41*
Ryan: Well, Admiral, it seems you arrived just in time to help.

Pulaski: Indeed.

Ryan: How's Commander T'las fairing now?

Pulaski: I released her from Sickbay an hour ago. Commander O'Neil should be back on his feet in a day or two.

Ryan: Fine.

Pulaski: What about you?

Ryan: I've had worse than a blow to the head, Doctor.

Pulaski: I'm referring to your mental state. I still have to clear you for active duty, and a pre-occupied CO is dangerous.

Ryan: It's just... I've never lost a Senior Officer before. Back at the academy, they warn you about attachments, but it's much harder to avoid making friendships in the field. Wenj was my First Officer and Science officer since the day I took command of the Victorious at Vega Colony. He was my best friend, my counsel. And now, he's dead. Why? Why did he die like that? It seems... so empty, so...

Pulaski: Meaningless?

Ryan: *Nods*

Pulaski: These men and women are here because they wanted to be a part of something bigger than them. Every one of us makes a difference. I remember seeing the Hope during the Klingon raid on Starbase 24 6 years ago.

Ryan: I was still a freshman at the Academy. Do you know how many freshmen leave the Academy every year? 5 out of 8. I nearly joined them. Seeing my parents die on that viewer... made me change how I looked at Starfleet. They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. I didn't want to lead others into a hopeless cause, didn't want to lead them to their deaths, so I tried to resign.

*Flashback to Starfleet Academy, Commandant's Office*
Commandant: You think they died meaningless deaths? Your dad took command of the Hope. He was Captain of a Starship for 15 minutes. He and your Mother saved more than 2000 lives. I'd say they made a difference. I dare you to do better. Remain in Starfleet.

*Back to present*
Pulaski: You stayed because you were asked?

Ryan: I stayed to be part of something bigger. But, I went slower. Wasn't eager to get a Command. Then the Vega Attack happened. I was Assistant Chief Engineer, and when the Senior Officers were killed while I was over on the Khitomer, I had to take charge. Since then, I've always been afraid that I'll get my crew killed on a fool's errand.

Pulaski: When was the last time you took Shore Leave?

Ryan: About 2 years.

Pulaski: Any recreation?

Ryan: A week ago.

Pulaski: I'm putting you on Medical Leave for one week. I'm also ordering you and Captain Marilla Saph to Starbase 313 for recreation. You are both, as of this moment, off Active Duty.

Ryan: On what grounds for Daya?

Pulaski: On the grounds that she got slammed into a Bulkhead and has a concussion.

Ryan: That's hardly justification for Medical Leave.

Pulaski: I don't know anyone else who can make sure you relax.

Ryan: You're doing this specifically because of my relationship with her!

Pulaski: It's either that, or I send you to Starfleet Medical for a complete Psychiatric Evaluation.

Ryan: You wouldn't.

Pulaski: Try me.

Ryan: *Sighs* Fine.

*U.S.S. Warlock, Tholian-Vanguard Border*
Telas: Anything?

Sci: Nothing. If our information was right, a Tholian Vessel should have met up with an Iconian ship by now.

Telas: Are you sure that transmission was genuine?

Tactical: It could only have been a VGI intelligence operative.

Telas: Which means...

Tac: They're operating on false intel. Which means the Tholians aren't aligned with the Iconians.

Telas: We'll maintain position here for 2 more days. If nothing happens, I'll contact Starfleet Command.

Old Wounds - Star Trek: Victorious (A Star Trek Online Fanfic)
"Only one human captain has ever survived combat with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."
Captain
# 342
08-09-2012, 06:51 PM
*Fleet Admiral Allen is working at his desk giving orders to sections working on the station. Until a sharp stabbing pain begins to sear his mind.*

Arrgh.

* Memories of Vulcan pass through, More memories, Places he can't Identify, voices of Vulcans speaking in Vulcan, he heard Soval, and saw Soval. The warmth of these memories he saw. But then more sharp cries began to ring and rupture about his mind. The Borg... The borg were.... He could not believe it. Why was he feeling this.. His Borg implants were out of date in the collective.*

Ahhhh *grasps his head He then tapped the medical emergency button, how did I do that..*

Whats happening to me.

*A mental image of a assimilated Borg Drone appears before him in some kind of dream like state but something different... He knew who it was.*

Decanus?

Why are you here..

Decanus: You know why insignificant fool, this has more to do with you than you think.. It is the reason the Iconians are interested in you and want to kill you. It is the reason that Species 9042 chose you as their Emissary. It is the reason fate cannot leave you alone..

What the hell are you talking about...

Decanus: Why are you here where I am.

I dunno why I am here.

Decanus: You will see fool.

*Sharp pain continues in his mind but he feels a familliar presence comforting and dutiful. He knew who it was immediately.*

Sinclaire??

*Back in the USS Odyssey*

Jane: His brain activity is skyrocketing, and his brainwaves are also stronger and becoming more spread out. But his brain is still functioning. I can't wake him.

Shelana: Commander Wake Him!!

Jane: *grunts* Corrtical Stimulator stat!

*The Stimulator then tries to control is brain waves and regulate them but shorts out after a couple seconds.*

Jane: What the hell!!

Kara: I can feel him here in his mind but his mind is much larger than even I can imagine... So many feelings here and I can't sort through them all. But He can read my thoughts now...

*Shelana walks away to make a call.*

Shelana: This is Captain Shelana. Commander Kimber put in an emergency call to Admiral Ryan and the USS Pastour. We need medical assistance Fleet Admiral Allen is... well we can't tell. And tell them to hurry.

Kimber: Mam.

*Kimber relays the message. Hurriedly.*

*USS Dogos Gear*

Derek Ross: Tell the vanguard fleet to intercept the Dyson Sphere and over ride the self destruct.

Helm: They are on it... But they cannot help us to attack Iconia now that the Romulans have released a vessel. They are spread too thin.

Derek Ross: Damn...

What is the condition of the self destruct sequence?

Ops: It is aborted Admiral..

The vessels are being released.
Career Officer
# 343
08-10-2012, 12:47 AM
on coles ship events happen quickly.
cole: tell the romulans to remain here prep the fleet we will go after admiral soval.i want battle groups 4-8 with us and 1-3 will remain here we will be spread thin but i think we can hold if we focus.

cole sits in the center of his capital ships bridge even behind the most advanced shields armor and weapons he feels a sense that something is going to be terribly wrong.

cole: hail admiral allen find out what the status of the starbase is. i have a plan to try to reach soval.

cole walks out of the bridge and into a chamber on the ship it is dark and cole sits in the middle. cole part human and part alien retains his human fathers human appearance but his mothers highly telapathic and mental abilities. he begins trying to reach out to soval to get a location on him.
Captain
# 344
08-10-2012, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
on coles ship events happen quickly.
cole: tell the romulans to remain here prep the fleet we will go after admiral soval.i want battle groups 4-8 with us and 1-3 will remain here we will be spread thin but i think we can hold if we focus.

cole sits in the center of his capital ships bridge even behind the most advanced shields armor and weapons he feels a sense that something is going to be terribly wrong.

cole: hail admiral allen find out what the status of the starbase is. i have a plan to try to reach soval.

cole walks out of the bridge and into a chamber on the ship it is dark and cole sits in the middle. cole part human and part alien retains his human fathers human appearance but his mothers highly telapathic and mental abilities. he begins trying to reach out to soval to get a location on him.
*USS Odyssey*

Kimber: Captain, The VGI is requesting to speak to Fleet Admiral Allen.

*Shelana is sitting in the Captain's chair trying to keep it together.*

Shelana: Respond back and inform them that there is a non combat situation going on with Fleet Admiral Allen and Captain Shelana has taken temporary command of the USS Odyssey.

* Kimber begins to relay the message to the VGI as formally as she can get. Kara is sitting in the first officer's chair distressed about the situation.*

Shelana: Kara go to sick bay, you are perhaps more able to reach him. That is your duty to the ship and to him of course.

Kara: Yes... very well Captain.

* As Kara leaves the bridge, Shelana then focuses on the matters at hand.*

Shelana: Hail the VGI and Cole specifically. He needs to know. Get to it. Repairs continue on the Starbase.
Career Officer
# 345
08-10-2012, 01:21 AM
Quote:
*USS Odyssey*

Kimber: Captain, The VGI is requesting to speak to Fleet Admiral Allen.

*Shelana is sitting in the Captain's chair trying to keep it together.*

Shelana: Respond back and inform them that there is a non combat situation going on with Fleet Admiral Allen and Captain Shelana has taken temporary command of the USS Odyssey.

* Kimber begins to relay the message to the VGI as formally as she can get. Kara is sitting in the first officer's chair distressed about the situation.*

Shelana: Kara go to sick bay, you are perhaps more able to reach him. That is your duty to the ship and to him of course.

Kara: Yes... very well Captain.

* As Kara leaves the bridge, Shelana then focuses on the matters at hand.*

Shelana: Hail the VGI and Cole specifically. He needs to know. Get to it. Repairs continue on the Starbase.
cole hears the council peep and gets up.

cole: captain i have been told you have taken commander i hope nothing to serious has happened.
Starfleet Veteran
# 346
08-10-2012, 02:15 AM
Quote:
*Fleet Admiral Allen is working at his desk giving orders to sections working on the station. Until a sharp stabbing pain begins to sear his mind.*

Arrgh.

* Memories of Vulcan pass through, More memories, Places he can't Identify, voices of Vulcans speaking in Vulcan, he heard Soval, and saw Soval. The warmth of these memories he saw. But then more sharp cries began to ring and rupture about his mind. The Borg... The borg were.... He could not believe it. Why was he feeling this.. His Borg implants were out of date in the collective.*

Ahhhh *grasps his head He then tapped the medical emergency button, how did I do that..*

Whats happening to me.

*A mental image of a assimilated Borg Drone appears before him in some kind of dream like state but something different... He knew who it was.*

Decanus?

Why are you here..

Decanus: You know why insignificant fool, this has more to do with you than you think.. It is the reason the Iconians are interested in you and want to kill you. It is the reason that Species 9042 chose you as their Emissary. It is the reason fate cannot leave you alone..

What the hell are you talking about...

Decanus: Why are you here where I am.

I dunno why I am here.

Decanus: You will see fool.

*Sharp pain continues in his mind but he feels a familliar presence comforting and dutiful. He knew who it was immediately.*

Sinclaire??

*Back in the USS Odyssey*

Jane: His brain activity is skyrocketing, and his brainwaves are also stronger and becoming more spread out. But his brain is still functioning. I can't wake him.

Shelana: Commander Wake Him!!

Jane: *grunts* Corrtical Stimulator stat!

*The Stimulator then tries to control is brain waves and regulate them but shorts out after a couple seconds.*

Jane: What the hell!!

Kara: I can feel him here in his mind but his mind is much larger than even I can imagine... So many feelings here and I can't sort through them all. But He can read my thoughts now...

*Shelana walks away to make a call.*

Shelana: This is Captain Shelana. Commander Kimber put in an emergency call to Admiral Ryan and the USS Pastour. We need medical assistance Fleet Admiral Allen is... well we can't tell. And tell them to hurry.

*Kimber relays the message. Hurriedly.*

*USS Dogos Gear*

Derek Ross: Tell the vanguard fleet to intercept the Dyson Sphere and over ride the self destruct.

Helm: They are on it... But they cannot help us to attack Iconia now that the Romulans have released a vessel. They are spread too thin.

Derek Ross: Damn...

What is the condition of the self destruct sequence?

Ops: It is aborted Admiral..

The vessels are being released.
*U.S.S. Odyssey, Transporter Room Three. Doctor Pulaski materializes on the pad.*

Pulaski: I don't think I'll ever get used to that. Where is the Admiral?

Security Officer: This way, ma'am.

*Meanwhile, Assimilated Romulan Vessel*

Soval *His face is white, veins emphasised by grey lines, and implants on his face. His voice is strained by pain, and sounds almost mechanical*: I am in control. I am in control.

*A feminine figure enters the chamber. While her face bare's a recognisably Borg implant, Soval sees something in her familiar.*

Figure: Do you remember this unit?

Soval: There is something... familiar. I know you... How do I know you?

Figure: *her head twitches* You are now linked to the hive mind, as far as your mind can process at this stage.

Soval: DeSalle. Jessica DeSalle. Lieutenant Jessica DeSalle from Engineering.

Figure *Now recognised as DeSalle*: That unit is part of US now.

Soval: If you were Borg, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. Those implants don't seem to have been upgraded in some time.

DeSalle: The Vulcan capacity for stating the obvious! We have not been a part of the Collective since you betrayed us.

Soval: That's not true. I tried! I tried to save you! *Begins recognising fellow officers in the other Borg in the chamber* All of you!

DeSalle: They cannot hear you, Vice Admiral. They are but drones. Would you like to hear them?

Voices *Mentally*: Why'd you betray us Captain? Why'd you abandon us? We trusted you!

Soval: No! NO! I AM IN... CONTROL! I AM...

DeSalle: What good is your Vulcan logic to you now? You will beco-- *Twitches for a moment.* Your allies are attempting a rescue. We've now proceeded to transwarp speeds. They'll never catch up to us.

Soval: You...underestimate them, Jessica. Human Independence is--

DeSalle: You forget, we are not of the Collective, Varanus.

Soval: My name is Soval. This "Varanus" you speak of... does not exist.

DeSalle: He will soon.

*OOC: PLEASE don't rescue Soval! I'm working on a nice little subplot with him here. MWAHAHAHAHAH!*

*Meanwhile, U.S.S. Darwin Runabout U.S.S. Colarado, Yellowstone Class. In transit from Starbase 41 to Starbase 313*

Daya: 2 years. Long time to be on active duty. My last shore leave was 6 months ago.

Ryan: Daya, I already got the lecture from Admiral Pulaski. Whoever's idea it was to let CMOs give Medical orders to COs should be shot.

Daya: That regulation's been around for centuries. He's probably dead by now.

Ryan: Hmm.

Daya: Refresh my memory. When was the last time we spent time together?

Ryan: About a month ago.

Daya: Long time...

Ryan: For friends?

Daya: Yeah... sure.

Ryan: Marilla... I know, we haven't really talked about this for a while, but, well...

Daya: You don't have to say anything.

Ryan: Yes, I do. We've been dancing around this since the Academy. Look, we're almost at SB-313. How about dinner once we're there?

Daya: Ryan--

Ryan: Just dinner.

Daya: Let me finish! If you're buying, you're on. There! Now you can smile instead of smirking.

Ryan: I wasn't smirking! Though this would be a good opportunity.

Daya: How was I supposed to know that Admiral Pulaski was a ten time Poker Champion?!

Ryan: You could have asked before mocking her and letting her up the stakes to a no-limits game.

Daya: I didn't lose that much!

Ryan: 257 Federation Credits? I hope you have it.

Daya: I have it! Well, most of it. *Looks at Ryan for a moment, who catches the look in his eye.*

Ryan: No.

Daya: I didn't say anything!

Ryan: I bailed you out last time.

Daya: It's only 72 credits!

Ryan: Should have thought of that before mocking a Flag Officer.

Daya: How about a deal? If you beat me in a Poker game, I'll pay for dinner AND cover my own bet. If I win, you buy dinner and let me borrow 72 credits.

Ryan: "Borrow" suggests that you intend to giver it back.

Daya: Aww... Is the baby afraid to lose?

Ryan: Just for that... *pushes a few controls, slows to Impulse 3, disengages the primary inertia dampers, and turns to port, buffeting Daya around*

Daya: Hey!

Ryan: *Restores all presets* Oops! Must have hit a wrong button. Now, about that Poker game...

Daya: You did that on purpose!

Ryan: "Aww... Is the baby afraid to lose" another 250 credits?

Daya: You're on!

*U.S.S. Warlock, Tholian-Vanguard border*
Telas: Well?

Science: same as the last time you asked. And the time before that, and the 40+ times before that.

Telas: Hold position.

"Only one human captain has ever survived combat with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."
Captain
# 347
08-10-2012, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
cole hears the council peep and gets up.

cole: captain i have been told you have taken commander i hope nothing to serious has happened.
He has been incapacitated and something strange is happening to him. We can't tell his mind is expanding, getting faster, but his brain is making up for it. But we can't wake him.
Captain
# 348
08-10-2012, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*U.S.S. Odyssey, Transporter Room Three. Doctor Pulaski materializes on the pad.*

Pulaski: I don't think I'll ever get used to that. Where is the Admiral?

Security Officer: This way, ma'am.

*Meanwhile, Assimilated Romulan Vessel*

Soval *His face is white, veins emphasised by grey lines, and implants on his face. His voice is strained by pain, and sounds almost mechanical*: I am in control. I am in control.

*A feminine figure enters the chamber. While her face bare's a recognisably Borg implant, Soval sees something in her familiar.*

Figure: Do you remember this unit?

Soval: There is something... familiar. I know you... How do I know you?

Figure: *her head twitches* You are now linked to the hive mind, as far as your mind can process at this stage.

Soval: DeSalle. Jessica DeSalle. Lieutenant Jessica DeSalle from Engineering.

Figure *Now recognised as DeSalle*: That unit is part of US now.

Soval: If you were Borg, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. Those implants don't seem to have been upgraded in some time.

DeSalle: The Vulcan capacity for stating the obvious! We have not been a part of the Collective since you betrayed us.

Soval: That's not true. I tried! I tried to save you! *Begins recognising fellow officers in the other Borg in the chamber* All of you!

DeSalle: They cannot hear you, Vice Admiral. They are but drones. Would you like to hear them?

Voices *Mentally*: Why'd you betray us Captain? Why'd you abandon us? We trusted you!

Soval: No! NO! I AM IN... CONTROL! I AM...

DeSalle: What good is your Vulcan logic to you now? You will beco-- *Twitches for a moment.* Your allies are attempting a rescue. We've now proceeded to transwarp speeds. They'll never catch up to us.

Soval: You...underestimate them, Jessica. Human Independence is--

DeSalle: You forget, we are not of the Collective, Varanus.

Soval: My name is Soval. This "Varanus" you speak of... does not exist.

DeSalle: He will soon.

*OOC: PLEASE don't rescue Soval! I'm working on a nice little subplot with him here. MWAHAHAHAHAH!*

*Meanwhile, U.S.S. Darwin Runabout U.S.S. Colarado, Yellowstone Class. In transit from Starbase 41 to Starbase 313*

Daya: 2 years. Long time to be on active duty. My last shore leave was 6 months ago.

Ryan: Daya, I already got the lecture from Admiral Pulaski. Whoever's idea it was to let CMOs give Medical orders to COs should be shot.

Daya: That regulation's been around for centuries. He's probably dead by now.

Ryan: Hmm.

Daya: Refresh my memory. When was the last time we spent time together?

Ryan: About a month ago.

Daya: Long time...

Ryan: For friends?

Daya: Yeah... sure.

Ryan: Marilla... I know, we haven't really talked about this for a while, but, well...

Daya: You don't have to say anything.

Ryan: Yes, I do. We've been dancing around this since the Academy. Look, we're almost at SB-313. How about dinner once we're there?

Daya: Ryan--

Ryan: Just dinner.

Daya: Let me finish! If you're buying, you're on. There! Now you can smile instead of smirking.

Ryan: I wasn't smirking! Though this would be a good opportunity.

Daya: How was I supposed to know that Admiral Pulaski was a ten time Poker Champion?!

Ryan: You could have asked before mocking her and letting her up the stakes to a no-limits game.

Daya: I didn't lose that much!

Ryan: 257 Federation Credits? I hope you have it.

Daya: I have it! Well, most of it. *Looks at Ryan for a moment, who catches the look in his eye.*

Ryan: No.

Daya: I didn't say anything!

Ryan: I bailed you out last time.

Daya: It's only 72 credits!

Ryan: Should have thought of that before mocking a Flag Officer.

Daya: How about a deal? If you beat me in a Poker game, I'll pay for dinner AND cover my own bet. If I win, you buy dinner and let me borrow 72 credits.

Ryan: "Borrow" suggests that you intend to giver it back.

Daya: Aww... Is the baby afraid to lose?

Ryan: Just for that... *pushes a few controls, slows to Impulse 3, disengages the primary inertia dampers, and turns to port, buffeting Daya around*

Daya: Hey!

Ryan: *Restores all presets* Oops! Must have hit a wrong button. Now, about that Poker game...

Daya: You did that on purpose!

Ryan: "Aww... Is the baby afraid to lose" another 250 credits?

Daya: You're on!

*U.S.S. Warlock, Tholian-Vanguard border*
Telas: Well?

Science: same as the last time you asked. And the time before that, and the 40+ times before that.

Telas: Hold position.
*Jane and Kara are hovering over the Fleet Admiral. There is no change and they are trying everything they can to wake him.*

Jane: Admiral good thing your here we have gone through many cortical stimulators, and have tried everything we could think of. Even Vulcan crew members have offered to mind meld with him.

*Back in the odd plane of existance*

What the hell is going on..

*More cries of pain and memories of Starfleet Academy, deaths, accidents, and more sharp pain but there is a depressing feeling all around.*

God who is in my mind and whos mind am I seeing here...
Career Officer
# 349
08-10-2012, 02:39 AM
cole watches the screen as the ship carrying soval goes to transwarps.cole turns and looks at his helmsman.

cole: well time to see how fast this ship can go. bring up the secondary core and engage full speed. also prepare a strike team for when we get in range.
Starfleet Veteran
# 350
08-10-2012, 03:07 AM
Quote:
*Jane and Kara are hovering over the Fleet Admiral. There is no change and they are trying everything they can to wake him.*

Jane: Admiral good thing your here we have gone through many cortical stimulators, and have tried everything we could think of. Even Vulcan crew members have offered to mind meld with him.

*Back in the odd plane of existance*

What the hell is going on..

*More cries of pain and memories of Starfleet Academy, deaths, accidents, and more sharp pain but there is a depressing feeling all around.*

God who is in my mind and whos mind am I seeing here...
*U.S.S. Odyssey*
Pulaski: I assume you checked his Borg implants? *Grabs a Medical Tricorder and begins scanning the Admiral's Cortical node.* See if you can find any transmissions leaving the ship. They'll be on a barely detectable subspace bandwidth.

*Assimilated Bird of Prey*
Soval *His body now being fitted with Borg implants*: Why? Why are you doing this?

DeSalle: You know why!

Soval: I don't... under--

DeSalle: We trusted you! And you ABANDONED US! We only survived because of the Borg!

Soval: Jessica. When I left the Miranda at Vega I was following or--

DeSalle: SHUT UP!

*Soval's body begins to spark with electricity. The Admiral cries out in pain.*

*U.S.S. Pasteur*
T'las: I'll assume there's a good reason I had to hear about this from a nurse in Sickbay 2 hours ago!

Sylix: Knowing your connection with the Admiral, I thought it would be easier for you to wait until the right time.

T'las: As soon as you heard about it would have been good! We'll have him back soon though, right? *Sylix doesn't respond* We ARE going to attempt a rescue, aren't we?

Sylix: The Borg vessel jumped to Transwarp. The fleet lost them. We can't find him now.

T'las: No...

Sylix: I am... sorry, Commander, but as First Officer, the duty is yours.

T'las: I know... I have to inform Starfleet that he's... *struggles to keep it together* MIA.

Sylix: Commander...

T'las: He's not dead until I see the body!

Sylix: Commander! As Chief Medical officer, I'm temporarily relieving you of duty on the grounds that you're emotionally compromised. Please, report to your Quarters.

T'las: Right... That leaves you in command. What're you--

Sylix: Vice Admiral Soval is Missing in Action, presumed alive but assimilated.

T'las: Thank you. *Wipes tear from her eye*

Sylix: Report to your quarters. I'll send Gardra along in about an hour to check on you.

*T'las leaves Sickbay and reports to her Guest Quarters.*

*U.S.S. Colorado*
Daya: I'll see you.

Ryan: *Turns over card* Royal flush.

Daya: D*mn!

Ryan: And he wins again!

Daya: Okay, wise guy! Just wait 'til we hit planetside! Your luck is always lousy at sublight!

Ryan: Maybe, but so far you owe Admiral Pulaski 257 Credits, your buying dinner, and you owe me 20 Credits.

Daya: *Stares at him, slightly annoyed, then smiles playfully* Okay. Just let me check our ETA. *Moves to the helm console, lowers inertia dampeners and sends Ryan into the wall.*

Ryan: Very funny!

*Daya then loses her balance and almost flies into the transporter console before he catches her*

Ryan: Computer. restore Inertia Dampers.

Computer: Inertia Dampers at standard settings.

Daya: Spoil sport.

Ryan: You want another concussion?

Daya: Stop talking. *kisses him*

Ryan: Wow.

Daya: Wow? I kiss you and you say wow? Not that I'm insulted or anything but--

Ryan: I don't mean the-- Look! *Nods out the window*

*Daya looks out to see two jellyfish-like creatures, glowing an aura of blue an pink/red light (like those in TNG: "Encounter at Farpoint") moving ahead of the ship*

Daya: Wow.

Ryan: Denebian Zornan... Arguable one of the most beautiful forms of warp-travelling space Cosmazoa in existance. Computer, dim lights. *The lights dim, and a warm red, blue, and purple aurora fills the cabin.

Daya: This is just... wow. They're beautiful!

Ryan: Yeah, but I'm sharing this Runabout with the most beautiful person in the Galaxy!

Daya: I love it when you get romantic. *The two kiss*

*I.K.S. Kahless.*

Torpal: How long?

Comm: Engineering reports that the warp drive is a lost cause. Still waiting on recovery vessels from Starbase 41.

Torpal: Re-send the request for assistance.