Starfleet Veteran
# 421
08-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
Ryan control yourself. I was trying to end the war as fast as possible with the least amount of casualties.

I did not want to either. Perhaps I was wrong. I was not being any judge nor was I attempting to be a jury. If there was one thing I regret and that weighs on me more than you know is that Vulcan not wanting to understand me. When she attempted to destroy me, I did not do a thing to protect myself. Maybe I should have if it prevented her assimilation but there was no real way to know. Because I am still human.

*SHows his grief and sorrow at this and for those that have died. *

Why do we have to kill each other?

Why do we have to not even try to understand each other?
Why? Why Damn it.

Ryan... I thought you knew me better than that. I would never kill civilians nor would I attack people that disagreed with me. If you bothered to not be quick to judge me or Smith so quickly We wouldn't be trying to solve this out like this. I do know why Sinclaire brought us here. Things are getting much worse.
Ryan: You want to know what you were doing? You were trying to fight a war. trying to fight doing what the Iconians wanted. We both know, and understand that. What is more pure than Good vs. Evil? Good and Evil are "ideas". The definitions of the words change for each person.

I judge people by their actions as individuals, and the consequences they knew or didn't know would happen. It's arrogant to go to war if you can't see the consequences of your actions. I stayed out of the war to prevent exactly what's happened. Now, I'm playing the role of Grey. You two want what's best for the Federation? It's too late to do what's best now. But, you can still pick up the pieces. But, that's not for Allen, or me, to decide with you, Smith. It's for you to decide with the President. Sinclaire? Can you bring the President here?

As the famous peacemaker Riva once said: "The time for killing has come to an end."

Allen, if you want to prove you're still the man you were, stand down. Let the President speak for the Federation. I know you'll do it. Even after all this change, you're still a Starfleet Officer. Do what a Starfleet Officer would do. What Captain Kirk, Picard, Janeway, Sisko, what all of them would do. Prove me right. Prove yourself right. Prove you're still Human.
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 422
08-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Ryan: You want to know what you were doing? You were trying to fight a war. trying to fight doing what the Iconians wanted. We both know, and understand that. What is more pure than Good vs. Evil? Good and Evil are "ideas". The definitions of the words change for each person.

I judge people by their actions as individuals, and the consequences they knew or didn't know would happen. It's arrogant to go to war if you can't see the consequences of your actions. I stayed out of the war to prevent exactly what's happened. Now, I'm playing the role of Grey. You two want what's best for the Federation? It's too late to do what's best now. But, you can still pick up the pieces. But, that's not for Allen, or me, to decide with you, Smith. It's for you to decide with the President. Sinclaire? Can you bring the President here?

As the famous peacemaker Riva once said: "The time for killing has come to an end."

Allen, if you want to prove you're still the man you were, stand down. Let the President speak for the Federation. I know you'll do it. Even after all this change, you're still a Starfleet Officer. Do what a Starfleet Officer would do. What Captain Kirk, Picard, Janeway, Sisko, what all of them would do. Prove me right. Prove yourself right. Prove you're still Human.
Why do you think I am here I have already stood down. I was going to let Smith's fleet do what they came there to do. I was going to surrender... All it took was that one Vulcan... That was what it took for me to see that it was pointless...

My fleets are already down and are waiting for something to happen...
Captain
# 423
08-14-2012, 02:28 PM
Ryan I must also speak with you about something as well.

You are close to changing as well I can see that.. But you might be able to avoid the pitfalls that ensnared me.

DO you feel it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 424
08-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Why do you think I am here I have already stood down. I was going to let Smith's fleet do what they came there to do. I was going to surrender... All it took was that one Vulcan... That was what it took for me to see that it was pointless...

My fleets are already down and are waiting for something to happen...
Ryan: Then, Sinclaire, I think it's time. Bring the President here. Let Okeg and Smith sort this out themselves. Q? Take me home. *Ryan vanishes in a white flash*

*6 years earlier, U.S.S. Hope*
Michael Allington: Were our shields even up?!

Ops: The Klingons are making another pass!

Michael: Launch the Escape Pods! Bridge to Sickbay! Emma, get your patients out of there! You're abandoning ship!

Emma Allington: Mike, I'm not leaving--

Michael: Doctor Fosters, Doctor Allington will make it to an escape pod if you have to drug her and throw her in before the doors close!

Fosters: Aye, Commander!

*An explosion shakes the bridge, as supports fall down all over the place.*

Michael: Put us between the pods and the enemy.

Helm: Aye, sir. All pods have jettisoned.

*The Hope explodes, shielding the escape pods from the Klingon Fleet, before a Klingon Warship appears in front of the pods, destroying almost all of them.*

*Deep Space 61, Present Day*
Ryan: Matt?

Matt: They're... gone! They just vanished!

Ryan: Thank you, Q.

Captain Allington to Captain Saph. U.S.S. Darwin, please respond! Daya! Oh my god. Please no... *falls to his knees* GOD NO!

Daya *Over comm*: *coughs* Ryan? What just happened?

Ryan: Daya?! You're alive!

Daya: And kicking...just.
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 425
08-14-2012, 02:38 PM
I have much to contemplate and to think about. Captain you will have command of this vessel... Me and Kara have some things to sort out and to help me adjust with these new things.

*Turns to Sinclaire* I am more of a useless fool than I thought... too many people have died already
Captain
# 426
08-14-2012, 02:46 PM
By the way Captain.. give this to Ryan when he returns. He will know
Starfleet Veteran
# 427
08-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Ryan I must also speak with you about something as well.

You are close to changing as well I can see that.. But you might be able to avoid the pitfalls that ensnared me.

DO you feel it.
*Captain's office, DS-61*

Ryan: Before I left, Allen told me I was close to...changing. He asked me if I felt anything, but, I don't.

*A figure is in the room with him. He appears to be Iconian*

Iconian: The path you're destined to follow isn't revealing to you. I can tell you this. Allen's "evolution" was bought on accidentally. He wasn't ready for it. You must grow. Evolution doesn't other you a choice often. You are ready, but uncertain. You stood between Dark and light and maintained a grey shade that all life-forms must maintain. You're what we call "a balance". You've been touched by darkness and walked out in the light. You've been touched by the light but walked out in grey. No other Human has shown this ability. My people have fallen from their place. We were supposed to watch, only watch, as your Galaxy grew. Instead we destroyed entire civilisations.

My people died the day we tried to play God. I'm the only "true" Iconian left.

Ryan: So, whose side will you be on when the guns start firing?

Iconian: First, whose side are YOU on? Evolution, to become a god, or remain as you are.

Ryan: You say I'm ready? How can I accept that burden? No one man should have the power Mitchell had. Ready or not, power corrupts. I'd rather remain as I am than condemn myself to corruption. I'm no god.

Iconian: Then, I will help you. *taps Ryan's forehead* It is done. You can no longer "evolve". Who are you? *OOC: Logan, assuming you've watched "Crusade" you'll recognise this!*

Ryan: Ryan George Terrence Allington the Second. Captain. Commander of the Space Station Deep Space 61.

Iconian: What do you want?

Ryan: To protect the Universe from the Iconian threat, before they destroy all life in the Galaxy.

Iconian: Who do you serve, and who do you trust?

Ryan: *Remains silent, deep in thought*

Iconian: Who do you serve, and who do you trust?

Ryan: I don't know.

Iconian: Then I will help you.
My Fan Fictions
Starfleet Veteran
# 428
08-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Okay, I should be back on by 12:00 BST tomorrow, try not to pull any major plot points or twists while I'm gone, please.
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 429
08-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Sinclaire soon sends allen and his group back and brings the president and quinn to speak with smith.

Sinclaire: now comes your true test how well can you work together to become a stronger people. I will return when you have finished.

Sinclaire soon appears in the contium.

Q how nice of you to drop by. How come you cant announce you are comming first hm.

As he returns to the rift after talking to Q he cannot help but feeling something has still gone wrong. He thinks about going to the man allen spoke to but decides against. He should let him go through this himself. Let him make his choice.
Career Officer
# 430
08-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Sinclaire once again returns to the rift where he takes time to see what is going around in the quadrant. His demeanor has become less of the young energetic energy he had before as it has been replaced by a more severe attitude. He has seen so much destruction and knows more will come. But he knows there is hope. A chance that things may turn out right. But he knows it will cost. How far is he willing to go to see that the iconians lose. Should he even go down that road. He continues his debate checking in on the federation officers briefly to see they are still talking.