Captain
# 4341
01-26-2013, 08:51 AM
Charet: *Runs to Admiral Ramirez, Who is sitting behind a desk. with a message in hand*

Sir. A message from the Federation President. He is still going to Bajor, and another message that the Federation Council forced Admiral Preston as VP in a special election. They appear to be worried about something.
Career Officer
# 4342
01-26-2013, 11:01 AM
Colorado is walking Found the space statiowhere they landedsimply looking around at all that goes on. While he decides his next move .
Starfleet Veteran
# 4343
01-26-2013, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
Rep. Var: Most of these Citizens have no experience in the government. We need experience in times like this. I recommend Admiral Preston as your Vice President, merely as his experience in situations like this are superb, not to mention he his quite loved by the people. I would say think about this further Mr. President...

*OOC: No Preston is not involved with what is going on, but there is reasoning because I think it is time for his role to expand.*
*Santiago looks hard at Representative Var.*

Santiago: Representative Var, we are trying to lower tensions, not escalate them. Preston is a fine soldier, but that's what he is: a soldier. If I were to give him the Vice Presidency, the public might fear that we are becoming a military dictatorship, to say nothing of the other Galactic Powers. Eenar Taraan was the leader of Talan IX less than ten years ago - he is more than qualified for the position.

John Prescott is also the finest economic mind in the Federation. He's negotiated trade agreements with the Ferengi Alliance with more success than anyone else. To pass him over for the seat of Financial Advisor would be foolish, given our current economic situation.

Ambassador K'dak is the best choice for Foreign Advisor. He holds citizenship in the Federation, Klingon Empire, and Republic of United Star Systems. He has more than 10 years of diplomatic experience.

As for Military Advisor, with Admiral Allen as he is, he is the logical choice. If the man has only 5 years left, I say let him spend them at home rather than keep him away from it. He'll get better medical treatment here also.

As for the other positions gentlemen, I will hear your suggestions after I make my speech on Bajor. We're entering orbit now.

*Santiago closes the channel.*

*Shakaar City, Bajor. As Starfleet One enters orbit, the President and a full security detail beam down. Recorders activate and the crowd watches eagerly. The Bajoran Militia is in full force here today. Security Officers dot the crowds and the grey uniforms of Soldiers form massively long lines between the crowds and the podium. The President steps up to the podium as the speech is broadcast over the entire Federation.*

Santiago: People of Bajor, I come in peace.

So if you could just stop pointing those pitchforks at me...

*A small level of laughter erupts from the crowds.*

Sorry, sorry... It's a terrible joke.

The level of violence on Bajor has become problematic. The Federation Council and Bajoran Provisional Government has asked me to authorise any means necessary to end this violence, isn't that right First Minister?

First Minister: Yes. Any means necessary.

*The crowd begins murmuring, confused.*

Santiago: Do I have your full support on this?

First Minister: And my entire Government's.

Santiago: then I choose the following means to end the violence:

1) I am subtracting 20% of the Federation's Military budget to help rebuild Bajor's economy, and improve her financial infrastructure.

*The crowd starts cheering.*

Two...

*The crowd continues cheering.*

Two!

*The crowd settles down.*

I will grant amnesty for any Bajoran Citizen involved in the riots if they have committed no other crimes. General?

*General Kyak Daraal steps up to the podium.*

Kyak: My people are willing to call it a fair fight if you are.

*Santiago retakes his place.*

Santiago: And finally, I am officially placing Deep Space Nine under the control of the Bajoran Provisional Government, to further aid in her economic recovery.

The treaty's ready and waiting.

*He holds up a PADD so the recorders can see it before placing his thumb on it and handing it to the First Minister, who also places his thumb on it. Santiago places the PADD on the podium and the First Minister walks up beside him. The two shake hands as the crowd erupts in cheering.*

*2 hours later. Santiago is back aboard Starfleet One, now headed for Cardassia Prime. Santiago enters his quarters with his aide.*

Santiago: S'pel, remind me to avoid making another official visit to Bajor during the Peldor Joi Festival. It's so hard to pull myself away to continue my tour when it's happening.

S'pel: Of course Mr President. The Federation Council is waiting for you.

Santiago: No doubt about to give me an earful for the Bajoran Speech. Alright, thank you. That is all.

*S'pel leaves and Santiago opens the channel to the Federation Council.*

Santiago: Gentlemen.
My Fan Fictions

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill

Last edited by ryan218; 01-26-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4344
01-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Colorado is walking Found the space statiowhere they landedsimply looking around at all that goes on. While he decides his next move .
*A man wearing a hood over his face walks up behind Colorado's party. Colorado looks behind him and sees the man... and a phaser pistol at his side.*
My Fan Fictions

Career Officer
# 4345
01-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*A man wearing a hood over his face walks up behind Colorado's party. Colorado looks behind him and sees the man... and a phaser pistol at his side.*
Colorado let's his hand rest on his pistol.

Colorado : what do you want.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4346
01-26-2013, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Colorado let's his hand rest on his pistol.

Colorado : what do you want.
Man: Agent Colorado?
My Fan Fictions

Captain
# 4347
01-26-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
*Santiago looks hard at Representative Var.*

Santiago: Representative Var, we are trying to lower tensions, not escalate them. Preston is a fine soldier, but that's what he is: a soldier. If I were to give him the Vice Presidency, the public might fear that we are becoming a military dictatorship, to say nothing of the other Galactic Powers. Eenar Taraan was the leader of Talan IX less than ten years ago - he is more than qualified for the position.

John Prescott is also the finest economic mind in the Federation. He's negotiated trade agreements with the Ferengi Alliance with more success than anyone else. To pass him over for the seat of Financial Advisor would be foolish, given our current economic situation.

Ambassador K'dak is the best choice for Foreign Advisor. He holds citizenship in the Federation, Klingon Empire, and Republic of United Star Systems. He has more than 10 years of diplomatic experience.

As for Military Advisor, with Admiral Allen as he is, he is the logical choice. If the man has only 5 years left, I say let him spend them at home rather than keep him away from it. He'll get better medical treatment here also.

As for the other positions gentlemen, I will hear your suggestions after I make my speech on Bajor. We're entering orbit now.

*Santiago closes the channel.*

*Shakaar City, Bajor. As Starfleet One enters orbit, the President and a full security detail beam down. Recorders activate and the crowd watches eagerly. The Bajoran Militia is in full force here today. Security Officers dot the crowds and the grey uniforms of Soldiers form massively long lines between the crowds and the podium. The President steps up to the podium as the speech is broadcast over the entire Federation.*

Santiago: People of Bajor, I come in peace.

So if you could just stop pointing those pitchforks at me...

*A small level of laughter erupts from the crowds.*

Sorry, sorry... It's a terrible joke.

The level of violence on Bajor has become problematic. The Federation Council and Bajoran Provisional Government has asked me to authorise any means necessary to end this violence, isn't that right First Minister?

First Minister: Yes. Any means necessary.

*The crowd begins murmuring, confused.*

Santiago: Do I have your full support on this?

First Minister: And my entire Government's.

Santiago: then I choose the following means to end the violence:

1) I am subtracting 20% of the Federation's Military budget to help rebuild Bajor's economy, and improve her financial infrastructure.

*The crowd starts cheering.*

Two...

*The crowd continues cheering.*

Two!

*The crowd settles down.*

I will grant amnesty for any Bajoran Citizen involved in the riots if they have committed no other crimes. General?

*General Kyak Daraal steps up to the podium.*

Kyak: My people are willing to call it a fair fight if you are.

*Santiago retakes his place.*

Santiago: And finally, I am officially placing Deep Space Nine under the control of the Bajoran Provisional Government, to further aid in her economic recovery.

The treaty's ready and waiting.

*He holds up a PADD so the recorders can see it before placing his thumb on it and handing it to the First Minister, who also places his thumb on it. Santiago places the PADD on the podium and the First Minister walks up beside him. The two shake hands as the crowd erupts in cheering.*

*2 hours later. Santiago is back aboard Starfleet One, now headed for Cardassia Prime. Santiago enters his quarters with his aide.*

Santiago: S'pel, remind me to avoid making another official visit to Bajor during the Peldor Joi Festival. It's so hard to pull myself away to continue my tour when it's happening.

S'pel: Of course Mr President. The Federation Council is waiting for you.

Santiago: No doubt about to give me an earful for the Bajoran Speech. Alright, thank you. That is all.

*S'pel leaves and Santiago opens the channel to the Federation Council.*

Santiago: Gentlemen.
Var: A dictatorship is not what he represents. That is merely a position the man is talented. Admiral Allen from what I hear from reports does not wish to spend them at home, sickly. Preston agrees.

Corina: Enear Taraan has had 10 years leading a planet, but alas in a military position he has none. I find him only as effectual as Ez'rak was. Preston kept the summit from splitting up in an uproar. *shows that the people cheering in his small scale speeches about change and growth.*

The man is charismatic.
Captain
# 4348
01-26-2013, 12:02 PM
*Elsewhere in Iconian space a large construction project continues, Gyunei is watching with calm eyes. The superstructure is vast but a ring with multiple levels and rings. *

Gyunei: Magnificent.. So magnificent. *The rings are glowing blue and resonating vast peace.*

*Elsewhere Allen is speaking with the President about his appointment*

James: I am sorry sir. I know that this appointment is because of my condition. I won't take that position. I don't wish to be treated like a fragile piece of glass.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4349
01-26-2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
Var: A dictatorship is not what he represents. That is merely a position the man is talented. Admiral Allen from what I hear from reports does not wish to spend them at home, sickly. Preston agrees.

Corina: Enear Taraan has had 10 years leading a planet, but alas in a military position he has none. I find him only as effectual as Ez'rak was. Preston kept the summit from splitting up in an uproar. *shows that the people cheering in his small scale speeches about change and growth.*

The man is charismatic.
Santiago: Gentlemen, Section 12 of the Federation Charter specifically prevents Military Personnel from holding the position of President or Vice President.

And I remind the Council of the Leyton Gambit.
My Fan Fictions

Captain
# 4350
01-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Santiago: Gentlemen, Section 12 of the Federation Charter specifically prevents Military Personnel from holding the position of President or Vice President.

And I remind the Council of the Leyton Gambit.
Var: We may remind you that if asked he would give up his position of Admiral, that is the law given by the extension. He may know about the military but he is a peace loving man like yourself and wishes change instead of keeping the tired status quo.

Plus he did manage to bring the Klingons back into the fold before a suspicious oversight on your part that caused the pretext of the situation here. undermanned the security department to prevent Preston from doing his job. I suspect that you are afraid of the man.

Last edited by chrisedallen89; 01-26-2013 at 12:10 PM.