Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,164
# 4351
01-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Man: Agent Colorado?
Colorado : yes what do you want ?
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,175
# 4352
01-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*Elsewhere in Iconian space a large construction project continues, Gyunei is watching with calm eyes. The superstructure is vast but a ring with multiple levels and rings. *

Gyunei: Magnificent.. So magnificent. *The rings are glowing blue and resonating vast peace.*

*Elsewhere Allen is speaking with the President about his appointment*

James: I am sorry sir. I know that this appointment is because of my condition. I won't take that position. I don't wish to be treated like a fragile piece of glass.
Santiago: Admiral, I asked you to serve as my military advisor long before your illness cropped up.

The Council wants me to assign at least one person with military experience to "reassure the people".

*Mutters to himself*.

You not only have the experience, but you're also a hero in the eyes of the public.

Besides, every one of my defence advisers, who are all idiots, has discouraged me from assigning you this position because of your illness. They've also given me hell over my actions at Bajor, etc. You wouldn't deny your President a chance to annoy his advisers, would you?

Besides, look at it this way, you'll be their boss and you'll receive better treatment here than you could in the field. Starfleet Command's already talking about removing you from active duty because if your condition and I can't stop them without overstepping my authority. They'll tie you to a desk job and there's nothing either of us can do about it.

So, you can either be assigned to a desk job on some backwater outpost, with no power to help the Federation, or you can accept the position, and have a voice in the military defence of the Federation.

It's your choice. if you say no, I won't think any less of you.
My Fan Fictions

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,175
# 4353
01-26-2013, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
Var: We may remind you that if asked he would give up his position of Admiral, that is the law given by the extension. He may know about the military but he is a peace loving man like yourself and wishes change instead of keeping the tired status quo.

Plus he did manage to bring the Klingons back into the fold before a suspicious oversight on your part that caused the pretext of the situation here. undermanned the security department to prevent Preston from doing his job. I suspect that you are afraid of the man.
Santiago: That is not true. I can't go on a tour that's supposed to invite peace to the Galaxy with an army of soldiers following me around. Preston agreed with me on that.

I remind the Council that I am the one who appointed Preston as head of the Federation Secret Service in the first place! That is a position in which he excels, and he has given me valuable advice as both Vice President and in my current position!

Very well, I will appoint Preston as my Vice President, on one condition.
My Fan Fictions

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,175
# 4354
01-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Colorado : yes what do you want ?
*He hands a small PADD to Colorado, displaying the numbers "4295".*
My Fan Fictions

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,125
# 4355
01-26-2013, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Santiago: Admiral, I asked you to serve as my military advisor long before your illness cropped up.

The Council wants me to assign at least one person with military experience to "reassure the people".

*Mutters to himself*.

You not only have the experience, but you're also a hero in the eyes of the public.

Besides, every one of my defence advisers, who are all idiots, has discouraged me from assigning you this position because of your illness. They've also given me hell over my actions at Bajor, etc. You wouldn't deny your President a chance to annoy his advisers, would you?

Besides, look at it this way, you'll be their boss and you'll receive better treatment here than you could in the field. Starfleet Command's already talking about removing you from active duty because if your condition and I can't stop them without overstepping my authority. They'll tie you to a desk job and there's nothing either of us can do about it.

So, you can either be assigned to a desk job on some backwater outpost, with no power to help the Federation, or you can accept the position, and have a voice in the military defence of the Federation.

It's your choice. if you say no, I won't think any less of you.
James: Sir if I do.. I may be a hero but Preston is a much better hope for the quadrant than I will be given my limited time left. I just beg of you to talk with the man. I also want to bring up my grandfather. Do you know how many times they offered him political office? Several times, I remember a few of them. He refused because of the times... I think putting Preston in with you will give the people hope.. You would be surprised how much the other powers love him and the citizens.

I will take the post but my price will be that you at least consider Preston. You might be pleasantly surprised he is more amicable than me. Will that be fine sir?
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,175
# 4356
01-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
James: Sir if I do.. I may be a hero but Preston is a much better hope for the quadrant than I will be given my limited time left. I just beg of you to talk with the man. I also want to bring up my grandfather. Do you know how many times they offered him political office? Several times, I remember a few of them. He refused because of the times... I think putting Preston in with you will give the people hope.. You would be surprised how much the other powers love him and the citizens.

I will take the post but my price will be that you at least consider Preston. You might be pleasantly surprised he is more amicable than me. Will that be fine sir?
Santiago: Of course.
My Fan Fictions

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,164
# 4357
01-26-2013, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*He hands a small PADD to Colorado, displaying the numbers "4295".*
Colorado glances at the padd and then back at the person on front of him.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,125
# 4358
01-26-2013, 12:29 PM
*Economist meeting Ferengar, the economic summit, janitors and cleaning crews enter the banks and the meeting itself.*

*One of them removes his mask revealing himself to be Gyunei. *

Gyunei: Good afternoon everyone *fires a blast upward getting everyone's attention as the gunmen storm the meeting and the banks explode *

We are you entertainment this evening so relax as we move on.

*the gunmen execute each of them including Federation members and leave in republic suits *

Gyunei: We are finished here and we have what we came for and then some. *revealing a ferengi squirming to get away*

*Gyunei knees down*

No need to be scared little one.. That comes much much ... later. *evil grin.*

*They beam up and leave as the economic systems start crashing.*
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,175
# 4359
01-26-2013, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*Economist meeting Ferengar, the economic summit, janitors and cleaning crews enter the banks and the meeting itself.*

*One of them removes his mask revealing himself to be Gyunei. *

Gyunei: Good afternoon everyone *fires a blast upward getting everyone's attention as the gunmen storm the meeting and the banks explode *

We are you entertainment this evening so relax as we move on.

*the gunmen execute each of them including Federation members and leave in republic suits *

Gyunei: We are finished here and we have what we came for and then some. *revealing a ferengi squirming to get away*

*Gyunei knees down*

No need to be scared little one.. That comes much much ... later. *evil grin.*

*They beam up and leave as the economic systems start crashing.*
OOC: Let those who will serve!
My Fan Fictions

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,125
# 4360
01-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
OOC: Let those who will serve!
OOC: Lol. TDKR was a great film. Definately an influence but there are others in play here. You might enjoy this one just lets keep each other on a equal heads up.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:46 AM.