Starfleet Veteran
# 4601
02-02-2013, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*OOC: As for time skips I think we should do either a 4 year skip or do yearly skips when we feel a year in the story has ended. Me I think a 4 year skip..*
OOC: I think yearly skips is a good idea.
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 4602
02-02-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
OOC: I think yearly skips is a good idea.
OOC: I do too but I think we need to do enough that can cover a major engagement or two and fully flesh out the story. So Ryan if you will you can start us off. When we tie this one up.
Captain
# 4603
02-02-2013, 12:29 PM
James: *After he is welcomed and the Doctors on the vessels have proper medical facilities and begin treating patients. James meets the finally awoken Sam*

I see that your awake now Sam.. What happened?

*He is still pained and in some inner grief.*
Starfleet Veteran
# 4604
02-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Quote:
James: *After he is welcomed and the Doctors on the vessels have proper medical facilities and begin treating patients. James meets the finally awoken Sam*

I see that your awake now Sam.. What happened?

*He is still pained and in some inner grief.*
Sam: It's... complicated. I guess you could say I took a trip.

You know what they say? If you travel far enough you'll eventually meet yourself...?

*The Red Alert Klaxon sounds.*

Oh no...

Wolfhound *PA*: All hands, evacuate! Iconian Attack Vessels detected incoming! ETA 20 minutes!

Sam: We'd better go!

*The Station Crew begins evacuating to the "fleet" outside, while the Iconian ships take defence positions between the attacking forces.

Onboard the Lead Assault Mothership.*

Taragi: Traitors...

Prepare to fire main weapons!

Weapons: We're still out of range.

Taragi: I said PREPARE to fire! You can still PREPARE outside weapons range CAN'T you?!

*OOC: Taragi has become slightly obsessive after his defeat at the hands of Mirror Voporak...*

*R.S.S. Republic, Bridge. Sam walks out of the Turbolift and sees Admiral Ramez coordinating the evacuation.*

David: Captain on deck!

Sam: So, did anyone like my going away present?

David: Ha ha, very funny.

Sam: What's happening with the Lanco Base?

Ramez: They've evacuated to the planet you discovered and destroyed the gate. We'll just have to wait and hope they can find a friendly world to evacuate to.

Sam: The Lanco II gate?

Ramez: The Synthesisers didn't let our forces near it. The R.S.S. Excelsior tried...

They didn't last 2 minutes.

Sam: Sir, permission to take command of the Republic?

Ramez: I'll assume you mean the ship. Yes.

Sam: Thank you sir.

What's our status?

David: The base is nearly evacuated. We can leave in 5 minutes, tops.

Sam: Those Iconian Ships will be in weapons range by then.

David: We're trying our best to shorten that.

Sam: Helm, set course for--

*The helmsman falls to the ground, screaming.*

Lieutenant?!

*She kneels down beside him, his eyes are glowing yellow.*

T'mar!

*T'mar runs over and tries to calm him telepathically.*

Ops: Sir, similar things have been reported all over the ship! Every New-Type on board has been incapacitated!

Sam: David, take the helm!

David: Yes sir!

Sam: T'mar?

T'mar: It's not a telepathic attack.

Sam: Can you do anything for him?

T'mar: He's not dying.

Sam: I know, but...

T'mar: Yeah...

Yeah, there's something.

*T'mar places a hand on his face, and he stops screaming, but T'mar is visibly in pain.*

Sam: What did you...?

T'mar *painfully*: I placed a psychic link... All that pain is bypassing his mind and going into me...

Sam: John, take weapons.

*John walks from Science to Tactical.*

Lieutenant?

*The Helmsman looks at her.*

Return to your station. David, take over sensors.

David: Aye, Captain.

*David goes to Science and the Helmsman retakes his station. Sam sits T'mar down in the First Officer's position.*

Sam: Status.

Ops: All the Federation ships just lost AT shields! Every ship in the fleet is reporting the same problems with the new-types, ranging from extreme pain, to comas.

Sam: Damn it. If those attacking ships get past our Iconian Allies--!

David: I know!

Ops: The station's been fully evacuated!

Sam: Lets get out of here!

Ramez: Hold up, Captain!

Open a channel to the Station.

Ops: Channel Open.

Ramez: Auto-Destruct, Code 0-0-1-0-Destruct. Authorisation: Ramez Alpha-Delta-Alpha-Tango-2-7. No Countdown.

*The base and the asteroid it was bui;t on self-destruct as the allied fleet jump to warp.*
My Fan Fictions
Starfleet Veteran
# 4605
02-02-2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
OOC: I do too but I think we need to do enough that can cover a major engagement or two and fully flesh out the story. So Ryan if you will you can start us off. When we tie this one up.
OOC: As you wish...

*Paulson Nebula, U.S.S. Excalibur (Ambassador-Class). Deck 12. Captain Forrester is walking with Captain John Williams.*

Forrester: Bottom line John.

Williams: We didn't have time to test the new Warp Core before we left. The second we turned it on we blew out the main power grid. The Fusion Reactors are powering Life Support, Sensors, and Environmental Systems, but we don't have Weapons, Shields, or Impulse Engines.

Forrester: And the Republic?

Williams: They're in better shape. We caught the overload just in time for them to isolate Shields from the main grid and reroute them to the secondary network.

Unfortunately, neither of these ships can risk bringing the Warp Core online again. We can't make Warp Velocity.

Forrester: What do you need?

Williams: Either a more compatible Warp Core or a new Power Grid.

Forrester: I can arrange that.

We'll head to the Chintoka Shipyards. The Cardasssians are trying to evacuate before the storm hits them, and Chintoka's Industrial Replicators have been running non-stop preparing supplies. We'll get those power distribution manifolds.

Williams: How are you going to get there?

Forrester: The Shedai have jammed Fold-Jump systems using some kind of Omega-powered Subspace Inhibitor, but the Sirius Sector Block is being left alone so the surrendering portions of Starfleet can make it back to a home base.

Williams: Are you nuts? Have you ever wondered what happens when you try to open a fold-space rift INSIDE a nebula?

Forrester: Actually...

Williams: Well I haven't, and neither should you! Starfleet experimented with the idea in 2481. They called it the "Bone-Head" manoeuvre, because it's suicide! The stellar particles destabilise the rift! You're talking about open a rift in an unjammed area of space into an area that is being jammed. The rift's gonna be unstable already without the nebula destabilising our end!

Forrester: The Excalibur and the Valiant will hold the rifts open and stabilise them long enough for you to get through.

John, we can't hide in here for ever. The Shedai will find us, it's only a matter of time.

*5 hours later. The Republic and Valiant open 2 Fold-Space rifts, moving off to the side and holding the rifts open while the Evacuation Transports move through, then the Hospital Ships, then the Museum Ships. Finally, the Valiant moves through her rift as it destabilises and closes. The Excalibur barely makes it through as it emerges on the other side, in the Chintoka System.

Most of the fleet got through without difficulty, but the Valiant was clipped by the rift closing, causing major carbon scoring across her hull from the bridge back. She's leaving a trail of armour plating and warp plasma as the fleet approaches the Shipyard.*

Gul Lebat *Over comm.*: This is Gul Lebat of the Cardassian Defence Force, Fourth Order, to Federation Vessels. Please identify!

Forrester: Relax Lebat, it's me.

Lebat: Captain Forrester? What can I do for you, old friend?

Forrester: We need supplies, and our Ambassador Class Vessels need their power systems overhauled. The Valiant is also in need of dire repairs.

Lebat: Bring the Valiant and the Ambassadors into our Docks. We'll beam your supplies directly to the Transports. It'll only take 12 hours to complete full repairs.

Forrester: We hope to be gone by then.

Lebat: Then it will take 8 hours, but I'll be unable to fully repair the Valiant's damage. I can have the Hull patched and mount her hull with Tetraburnium Armour, but I won't be able to replace her Ablative Armour. The Tetraburnium is the best I can do in 8 hours.

Forrester: We appreciate it. If you have any spare...

Lebat: I'll beam the spare Tetraburnium plates to one of your transports before you leave. There'll be enough to cover 10 Valiant Class Vessels.

Forrester: Thank you Lebat. Excalibur out.
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 4606
02-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Sam: It's... complicated. I guess you could say I took a trip.

You know what they say? If you travel far enough you'll eventually meet yourself...?

*The Red Alert Klaxon sounds.*

Oh no...

Wolfhound *PA*: All hands, evacuate! Iconian Attack Vessels detected incoming! ETA 20 minutes!

Sam: We'd better go!

*The Station Crew begins evacuating to the "fleet" outside, while the Iconian ships take defence positions between the attacking forces.

Onboard the Lead Assault Mothership.*

Taragi: Traitors...

Prepare to fire main weapons!

Weapons: We're still out of range.

Taragi: I said PREPARE to fire! You can still PREPARE outside weapons range CAN'T you?!

*OOC: Taragi has become slightly obsessive after his defeat at the hands of Mirror Voporak...*

*R.S.S. Republic, Bridge. Sam walks out of the Turbolift and sees Admiral Ramez coordinating the evacuation.*

David: Captain on deck!

Sam: So, did anyone like my going away present?

David: Ha ha, very funny.

Sam: What's happening with the Lanco Base?

Ramez: They've evacuated to the planet you discovered and destroyed the gate. We'll just have to wait and hope they can find a friendly world to evacuate to.

Sam: The Lanco II gate?

Ramez: The Synthesisers didn't let our forces near it. The R.S.S. Excelsior tried...

They didn't last 2 minutes.

Sam: Sir, permission to take command of the Republic?

Ramez: I'll assume you mean the ship. Yes.

Sam: Thank you sir.

What's our status?

David: The base is nearly evacuated. We can leave in 5 minutes, tops.

Sam: Those Iconian Ships will be in weapons range by then.

David: We're trying our best to shorten that.

Sam: Helm, set course for--

*The helmsman falls to the ground, screaming.*

Lieutenant?!

*She kneels down beside him, his eyes are glowing yellow.*

T'mar!

*T'mar runs over and tries to calm him telepathically.*

Ops: Sir, similar things have been reported all over the ship! Every New-Type on board has been incapacitated!

Sam: David, take the helm!

David: Yes sir!

Sam: T'mar?

T'mar: It's not a telepathic attack.

Sam: Can you do anything for him?

T'mar: He's not dying.

Sam: I know, but...

T'mar: Yeah...

Yeah, there's something.

*T'mar places a hand on his face, and he stops screaming, but T'mar is visibly in pain.*

Sam: What did you...?

T'mar *painfully*: I placed a psychic link... All that pain is bypassing his mind and going into me...

Sam: John, take weapons.

*John walks from Science to Tactical.*

Lieutenant?

*The Helmsman looks at her.*

Return to your station. David, take over sensors.

David: Aye, Captain.

*David goes to Science and the Helmsman retakes his station. Sam sits T'mar down in the First Officer's position.*

Sam: Status.

Ops: All the Federation ships just lost AT shields! Every ship in the fleet is reporting the same problems with the new-types, ranging from extreme pain, to comas.

Sam: Damn it. If those attacking ships get past our Iconian Allies--!

David: I know!

Ops: The station's been fully evacuated!

Sam: Lets get out of here!

Ramez: Hold up, Captain!

Open a channel to the Station.

Ops: Channel Open.

Ramez: Auto-Destruct, Code 0-0-1-0-Destruct. Authorisation: Ramez Alpha-Delta-Alpha-Tango-2-7. No Countdown.

*The base and the asteroid it was bui;t on self-destruct as the allied fleet jump to warp.*
*James and the Allied fleet is in warp fleeing the Iconian attack force.. *

James: Are they following?

*Miranda takes the science station and starts scanning.*

Miranda: Yes but they are slowing down.. As if following.. us.

James: We are going to have to engage them if we want to lose them. *gets on a comm station and starts typing a message to Sam a battle plan. *

Wax prep the mines and have the civilian frigates head to these coordinates as a rendezvous point.

All hands red alert and don normal suits and head to the combat bridge.

Man the systems.

*Red Alert Klaxon roars as the lights dim.. Crew members rush and start handing out the Normal Suits. *
Captain
# 4607
02-02-2013, 01:27 PM
James: Since our AT and Newtype systems are worthless do not engage the systems. We will be using the regular controls *brief stunned look on the looks on the regular crewmen.*

Yes we are doing it the old fashion way. We all had training for it... Get used to it. Time to earn those uniforms and show up.

Wax: They have hunter systems engaged.. How are we going to get passed that.

James: Simple, if the frames can be used to emit the particles we can close them off and leave them that way. We can engage the Omega Dampeners and have all Federation vessels do the same, that should wake them up
Captain
# 4608
02-02-2013, 01:37 PM
*OOC: The Hunter systems work as they emit a sort of damaging and nullifying Omega Particle.. This causes pain and such in Newtypes and artificial ones. These systems can be used to counter the AT Shields and bit system. When engaged the ships move at an expotential rate and if used by a Newtype or greater being uses it. It will be much deadlier and has one function more if used there. Destroy mode. Though there is one counter and it is Omega Dampening systems.*

To counter the G-forces that come from the disengaged limiters the users have to wear special suits built to counter those forces and not kill the user.

In a sense it uses the user as a battery and processor.*
Career Officer
# 4609
02-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Ooc:sorry just got up. Feeling really bad today. Just a heads up.
Captain
# 4610
02-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Ooc:sorry just got up. Feeling really bad today. Just a heads up.
OOC: Its fine man. Been busy studying and working. Super Bowl Weekend which makes work plus my knees are killing me.