Starfleet Veteran
# 6081
03-18-2013, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Jacob: I appreciate the concern but this has to deal with more then just that

He takes another drink
Blake: Well, I have an idea that should take it off your mind, if you're up for a crazy plan that's likely to get us both killed...?
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 6082
03-18-2013, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Blake: Well, I have an idea that should take it off your mind, if you're up for a crazy plan that's likely to get us both killed...?
Jacob: Oh like I haven't done that enough lately.

Takes a swig out of the bottle

Jacob: so lets hear it
Starfleet Veteran
# 6083
03-18-2013, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Jacob: Oh like I haven't done that enough lately.

Takes a swig out of the bottle

Jacob: so lets hear it
*Blake places a holo-pad on the table and turns it on.*

Blake: PACES?

*PACES appears on the pad.*

PACES: Online, sir.

Blake: Me and PACES have been going over the data on what happened to Roland, and... well, it'll be easier if PACES explains.

PACES: As you now, R-type AI programs like Roland and myself should have a life-span of 50 years before rampancy sets in. When Roland took control of Armada and overrode my command protocols, it was only a fragment of his program.

Blake: Specifically, his Core subroutines, like the self-preservation and self-improvement subroutines.

PACES: Meanwhile, Roland's personality and memory engrams were still linked up to the system, with the emergency back-ups compensating for the loss of his core program.

Eventually, his program deteriorated completely, but the splinter program was never located.

Blake: We went over Armada, and it looks like an AI uploaded to an unidentified network when I activated the lockdown.

PACES: While the personality subroutines couldn't survive without the core program, the core program could not only survive, but evolve into, what Commander Matthews has dubbed, 'an Ultimate Program'.

Blake: But, there's no way it should have happened, unless someone tampered with Roland's program and we think we know who.

PACES: The same person who attempted to steal your original armour designs.

Blake: Stane.

If he has Roland's Core Program, he could build his own armour, or access one of ours remotely, and personally, I've had enough with people hijacking Armada.

Roland was my friend too, Jacob. I'd say it's payback time.
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 6084
03-18-2013, 02:07 PM
Quote:
*Blake places a holo-pad on the table and turns it on.*

Blake: PACES?

*PACES appears on the pad.*

PACES: Online, sir.

Blake: Me and PACES have been going over the data on what happened to Roland, and... well, it'll be easier if PACES explains.

PACES: As you now, R-type AI programs like Roland and myself should have a life-span of 50 years before rampancy sets in. When Roland took control of Armada and overrode my command protocols, it was only a fragment of his program.

Blake: Specifically, his Core subroutines, like the self-preservation and self-improvement subroutines.

PACES: Meanwhile, Roland's personality and memory engrams were still linked up to the system, with the emergency back-ups compensating for the loss of his core program.

Eventually, his program deteriorated completely, but the splinter program was never located.

Blake: We went over Armada, and it looks like an AI uploaded to an unidentified network when I activated the lockdown.

PACES: While the personality subroutines couldn't survive without the core program, the core program could not only survive, but evolve into, what Commander Matthews has dubbed, 'an Ultimate Program'.

Blake: But, there's no way it should have happened, unless someone tampered with Roland's program and we think we know who.

PACES: The same person who attempted to steal your original armour designs.

Blake: Stane.

If he has Roland's Core Program, he could build his own armour, or access one of ours remotely, and personally, I've had enough with people hijacking Armada.

Roland was my friend too, Jacob. I'd say it's payback time.
Jacob walks over to a wall near the incomplete suit. and types a few commands in. As the wall opens up it reveals a row of suits from his first protype to his latest one. he walks over to one that is almost completely jet black as he looks at it.

Jacob: its time we finish this once and for all.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6085
03-18-2013, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Jacob walks over to a wall near the incomplete suit. and types a few commands in. As the wall opens up it reveals a row of suits from his first protype to his latest one. he walks over to one that is almost completely jet black as he looks at it.

Jacob: its time we finish this once and for all.
Blake: Bad idea. When I went spying on Stane, I almost got caught. He's really beefed up security.

PACES: However, we've been analysing the Species 9042 component you recovered 2 months ago, and have found something incredibly interesting about it.

*OOC: Extremis? I'd imagine Halsey would have to make a new armour to accomodate it, but it would be incredibly interesting to do.*
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 6086
03-18-2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Blake: Bad idea. When I went spying on Stane, I almost got caught. He's really beefed up security.

PACES: However, we've been analysing the Species 9042 component you recovered 2 months ago, and have found something incredibly interesting about it.

*OOC: Extremis? I'd imagine Halsey would have to make a new armour to accomodate it, but it would be incredibly interesting to do.*
Jacob: I have an idea that may just work. I have a feeling a certain person may just be willing to help besides I have a few tricks stil up my sleeve.
Captain
# 6087
03-18-2013, 03:19 PM
*Earth, 2879, in the chamber, Voporak calmly walks back and forth across the floor*

Voporak: Now it is true I did all that has been said against me. I cannot claim to be pure from the crime of tampering with time. But I must explain myself, at the very least. You see, the first time I substantially moved through the space-time continuum was a paradox. I caused myself to become trapped by attempting to escape from that trap. The second time, I went back out of curiosity. Breaking into timelines I shouldn't exist in is obviously a no-no with Temporal Investigations of any century; however, can you read a story partway and not yearn to know the end?

Concerning my ship's weaponry, it is all true. I did design and deploy a tricobalt device that shreds space-time in an area, opening a gate to other dimensions, the Mark I type. I constructed 12 others, however the Mark II-XIIs have a different effect. Additionally, I did experiment with the possibility of Omega particles being harnessed as a weapon.

*He stops and turns to the Chief*

But I believe I did good for all that happened. If I may, perhaps someone can testify on my behalf?

*The Chief thinks for several seconds, as Voporak is implying communication across timelines*

Chief: Permission granted. We will have a fifteen minute recess while you consider who you wish to speak.

*Some of the crowd disperses, the Chief and President begin talking to each other, and Voporak sits down at the table assigned to him. He knows it may not do much good, since he is in fact guilty of tossing the Temporal Prime Directive to the wind. But it cannot possibly do any harm at this point. Voporak ponders who he can talk to.*
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Captain
# 6088
03-18-2013, 04:27 PM
*OOC: Yeah Extremis... Its going to take a while I know.. But i think doing the Klingon Civil war political jabs for a while as we develop the characters... I also wanna pull off a gladiator thing..*
Captain
# 6089
03-18-2013, 05:00 PM
*Dorman is still with the rest of the group... He goes to Sanders and pats him and Hawk on the back... T'mar and the twins are the next ones he visits...*

Dorman: *hugs T'mar gently being careful of the twins..* How are you and Sam holding up? Most of all Lexi and Terry?
Career Officer
# 6090
03-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Jacob walks into his room in the house which is large with a desk in one corner. He sits down in it and calls up the screen.

Jacob: tal how would you like to go on a little search and destroy mission with me.

Tal: that depends. Who is it we are going after and how likely are we to get caught.

Jacob: a man named stane. And very likely for being caught and killed.

Tal smiles.

Tal: well when you put it that way how can I refuse.