Captain
# 6581
04-16-2013, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Ramez: I don't think this is Duranus. Tara Tr'ian has a reputation for selling expensive narcotics in high demand, but she's never sold anything life-threatening like spice.

But, that's another thing Hawk will have to ask Tara when we bring her in.
Holtz: I think their intent with this drug is to avoid that dangerous withdrawal. To make it as cheap as possible but not in huge quantities that we see with other drugs. You see Spice isn't a instant addiction only in massive potent doses. Its benefits actually are quite interesting. Once it does you can maintain it with only a small daily dose.

You see Admiral I have worked with this substance that it isn't all that life threatening. It is quite easily a extremely profitable substance and additive. Given one isn't a glutton.

*OOC: I really do intend for it to be a careful thing that does help but at first they are scared of it. *
Starfleet Veteran
# 6582
04-16-2013, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
Holtz: I think their intent with this drug is to avoid that dangerous withdrawal. To make it as cheap as possible but not in huge quantities that we see with other drugs. You see Spice isn't a instant addiction only in massive potent doses. Its benefits actually are quite interesting. Once it does you can maintain it with only a small daily dose.

You see Admiral I have worked with this substance that it isn't all that life threatening. It is quite easily a extremely profitable substance and additive. Given one isn't a glutton.

*OOC: I really do intend for it to be a careful thing that does help but at first they are scared of it. *
Ramez: Which is where we have a clear problem. This stuff gives people incredible Telepathic and Telekinetic Powers in just a small dose. On the criminal market, people will want to increase that power and it will result in them giving themselves a lethal dose.

Narcotics are always positive in small amounts. It's when you start to abuse them - use them too often, too much - that it becomes deadly. With performance enhancing drugs, it's extended beyond the user and to anyone around them.

*OOC: That is actually true. The fact that this gives power will make it more addictive than anything in its chemical make-up.*
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 6583
04-16-2013, 11:22 AM
Talmus and jetran walk into the room and both firing from there weapons. Hitting two enemies.

Talmus: it appears as I feared.
Phil Coulson: And back up isn't coming. It'll be just the four of us. We'll be outmanned and outgunned. But Fury always said... a man can accomplish anything when he realizes he's a part of something bigger. A team of people who share that conviction can change the world. So, what do you say? You ready to change the world?
Captain
# 6584
04-16-2013, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Markon: Of course. 'A blood-lit sky' you called it, didn't you?
Sarkon: *laughs* Your back may be fine but it seems your head has been used as more of a butting instrument.. I have altered it from time to time, and yet even now I cannot find the words for the ending...

I will show it to you once I have finished it with the proper words.

*As they walk the conversation turns to a philosophic turn..*

Sarkon: Klingons have been the warriors of the gods and a hearty people with a soul of honor but the capability to be its exact opposite... As with Humans I have always thought that we had much in common with them than either of us realize. But their ways of democracy worry me.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6585
04-16-2013, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
Sarkon: *laughs* Your back may be fine but it seems your head has been used as more of a butting instrument.. I have altered it from time to time, and yet even now I cannot find the words for the ending...

I will show it to you once I have finished it with the proper words.

*As they walk the conversation turns to a philosophic turn..*

Sarkon: Klingons have been the warriors of the gods and a hearty people with a soul of honor but the capability to be its exact opposite... As with Humans I have always thought that we had much in common with them than either of us realize. But their ways of democracy worry me.
Markon: The Empire has stood for over a thousand years as it was, but was ridden with constant strife. The humans have been a purely democratic society for over 300 years, and in all that time have had only 1 civil war, while we have had many more than that.

As Martok once said; 'Perhaps in our arrogance, we have allowed ourselves to become decadent'.

We both know that the old ways of the High Council have ceased to function as they once did, but that democracy would be too... corruptive for our people. The difference is, that I have not proclaimed myself Emperor, Sarkon.
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 6586
04-16-2013, 11:36 AM
Talmus : it would appear we got here in time. Are you both alright.
Phil Coulson: And back up isn't coming. It'll be just the four of us. We'll be outmanned and outgunned. But Fury always said... a man can accomplish anything when he realizes he's a part of something bigger. A team of people who share that conviction can change the world. So, what do you say? You ready to change the world?
Starfleet Veteran
# 6587
04-16-2013, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Talmus : it would appear we got here in time. Are you both alright.
Sanders: Fine

Armada *painful*: Yeah... cheery.

*Sanders taps the side of his helmet*

Sanders: Danny, bring the shuttle round. We need to get Armada back to the tower.
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 6588
04-16-2013, 11:42 AM
Quote:

Sanders: Danny, bring the shuttle round. We need to get Armada back to the tower.
Talmus : very well. Jetran search the area for anymore. We will leave after they are safely away.
Captain
# 6589
04-16-2013, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Ramez: Which is where we have a clear problem. This stuff gives people incredible Telepathic and Telekinetic Powers in just a small dose. On the criminal market, people will want to increase that power and it will result in them giving themselves a lethal dose.

Narcotics are always positive in small amounts. It's when you start to abuse them - use them too often, too much - that it becomes deadly. With performance enhancing drugs, it's extended beyond the user and to anyone around them.

*OOC: That is actually true. The fact that this gives power will make it more addictive than anything in its chemical make-up.*
*OOC: Ah but alas how best can they counter that ? I would say making it regulated and a kept as a positive thing. Only when they find a way to counter act the deadly withdrawl. *

Holtz: Anything can be regulated Admiral and I think it is too much of a chance to pass up. Besides science may fail but I don't likely fail many times. How often do we find something that can extend the life of people and maybe unlock the secrets of the human evolutionary track.

Trust me.. Regulation of this and complete governmental control of this substance may make it much safer and give a bit of weight to your choices in the future. Also helping the people that have been affected by this reckless adventure. Plus their telekinetic power is actually really limited to nil. However their prescience is expanded depending on the individual using it. Newtypes however not much has been looked at at this point. Those twins however... They were born because of it...
Captain
# 6590
04-16-2013, 11:45 AM
Quote:

*Danny brings it around *

Danny: Yeah sure thing. We had a wave of them attack the shuttle... Had to torch them with the thrusters.