Career Officer
# 6661
04-22-2013, 02:21 AM
Terrace opens his eyes slowly realizing he had fallen asleep. He looks at the console and sees he has at max an hour left with his suits air. And the officer with him has the same. He has been through a lot but never did he think he would die this way.
Phil Coulson: And back up isn't coming. It'll be just the four of us. We'll be outmanned and outgunned. But Fury always said... a man can accomplish anything when he realizes he's a part of something bigger. A team of people who share that conviction can change the world. So, what do you say? You ready to change the world?
Captain
# 6662
04-22-2013, 12:23 PM
*Sarkon sits before the blade contemplating it but doesn't move. Why should he do it.*

*Elsewhere, Wax is heading to the Imperial faction's capitol for one purpose. He knows it is going to be hard but he knows that it won't be fought in space but on the planet. *

Wax: Is that trap set?

Pilot: It is live and waiting for the Democrats IFF signals to come through at the appointed time..

Wax: Has the Imperial armies begun arriving?

Knarled Klingon: *grunts*

Wax: I take that as a yes. Now all we need to do is wait for them to come back. This will force the Democratic fleet to land before us on the planet instead of engaging us in a battle we can't win.

Pilot: The numbers are against us... even then. The way I want it.

Wax: We are free men nothing more glorious than falling from this existence as a free man.
Career Officer
# 6663
04-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Terrace slowly gets up looking at his suits oxygen reading.

10 min

He sits down again holding his pistol. Refusing to give up hope yet.
Phil Coulson: And back up isn't coming. It'll be just the four of us. We'll be outmanned and outgunned. But Fury always said... a man can accomplish anything when he realizes he's a part of something bigger. A team of people who share that conviction can change the world. So, what do you say? You ready to change the world?
Captain
# 6664
04-22-2013, 03:16 PM
*A Federation vessel arrives after picking up a faint signal.. it is carrying the Senator that had been suing for peace. Admiral Bright is there as well.*

Bright: Bring any survivors on board and have the Medical staff on full alert keep me posted.

*Turns to the senator.*

Senator.. I hope this serves that we are not war mongers. There are things coming here that are dangerous.

You may see them when we have them stabilized...
Starfleet Veteran
# 6665
04-22-2013, 03:17 PM
*Orion Cruiser, 15LY from the R.S.S. Republic. Tara is on the Bridge as she looks at the Republic's own broken body while it waits for its tow back to Base. An Officer walks over to her and looks at the Viewscreen. He gives her an enquiring look.*

Orion: Ma'am, will we be attempting to rescue Sara?

Tara: No.

Orion: May I ask why?

Tara: It would compromise our position. The Republic can still fight, and we have her Captain on board. They won't miss an opportunity to try and rescue her.

Orion: She's your Sister.

Tara: Sacrifices must be made.

*Tara walks off the Bridge. She enters Sam's "Interrogation" Room and looks at her. Sam's eyes are still bloodshot from pain as Tara switched up her tactics. Since she couldn't stand by and watch Sam die from the Void, she's injected Sam with the small sample Stane gave her of Spice, though in a very small dose - less than an iso-gram.*

Sam: You're a real piece of work, you know that?

Tara: If it's ant consolation, the last of the Spice has been vaporised - except for a small vial to use on you.

Sam: Why the hell are you doing this to me?

Tara: You think I want to? Give me the Defence Codes and I'll stop.

Sam: The hell I will.

Tara: Dar'mei'na--

Sam: Why do you keep calling me that?! If this is how you treat Sisters, I'd hate to see what Sara goes through!

Tara: The fact that I still consider you a Sister is the reason you're still alive!

Sam, I don't want to put you through anymore of this--

Sam: Wake up, Tara! Using Void didn't work! Shock therapy didn't work! Trying to addict me to Spice, for some reason didn't work! What else can you do to me?!

Tara: Plenty. There's beating it out of you--

Sam: You know you wouldn't get 5 minutes before I manipulated you into letting me defend myself!

Tara: Letheans--

Sam: Because that works so well when you're trying to get information from a person instead of killing them!

Tara: And these.

*She holds up two small black circular devices.*

Sam: You wouldn't.

Tara: Try me.

Sam: Where'd you get those anyway? They're illegal in the Republic!

Tara: And the Federation.

I'm a criminal. Do the math.

Sam: It won't work.

Tara: Mk 34 Romulan Mind Probes, designed to break Vulcan psyches and tested on humans. Proved especially effective on Trills. I think they'll work!

Sam: I'm only 1/5 Trill.

Tara: And 4/5 Human.

This will hurt, Sam... a lot. Just tell me what I want to know.

*Tara sighs before placing the Mind Probes on Sam's temples and turning them on, a green hue emanating off them as Sam's pupils dilate.

Tara places a hand on a panel and a high-pitched hum emanates from the device.*

Tara: Sam, what are the Republic Perimeter Defence Codes for Sectors 132 through 110 and what are the access codes to the Dalos Star Group Defensive Group?

Sam: Go to hell--! *Sam's mind suddenly erupts in pain as she lets out an unforgiving scream of pain. On Tara's screen, 2 sets of numbers and letters appear. Tara kills the machine when the last portion of the codes come up and gives Sam a heavy painkiller.*

Tara: I'm sorry I had to do that. *Tara puts a Safeguard device on Sam's wrist and activates one on her before releasing her restraints. Sam sits up and looks at Tara, a feeling of pure rage in her eyes.*

Don't.

It's a Safeguard unit. They use them for prisoner transport. The guards where these protector bracelets while the prisoners where the Punisher brace--

Sam: I know what they are! I try to hurt you and I get an electric shock powerful enough to light up New Vienna.

Tara: Not that powerful, but you won't get anywhere. You can't go outside of 10 feet of me and you can't touch me, or you're going to spend 30 seconds writhing in pain on the deckplate.

Right now it's set to containment, not protection. You can touch me.

Sam: Why?

You know if you did that there'd be little to stop me from strangling the life out of you.

Tara: Dar'mei'na, come on--

Sam: You killed my Dad.

Tara: It wasn't--

Sam: I'VE HAD IT WITH YOUR LIES, TARA! YOU KILLED HIM! YOU, no one else!

Tara: I wasn't going to say otherwise.

Sam: How can you say that, and still call me Dar'mei'na?

Tara: Because I never told you why.

Sam: You were asked!

Sam: You were sending a message!

Sam: Then why?!

Tara: I can't tell you.

Sam: Listen, Tara. I am using my full resolve to keep from killing you right here and now! Tell me why and I may let you walk out of this alive. Don't, and I will let my temptations get the better of me!

Tara: Sam, trust me, you'd hate me if I told you.

Sam: I already hate you!

Tara: Well, at least it can't get much worse.

Sam: Oh no! I am FAST working up to DESPISE!

Tara: It'll hurt you.

Sam: I'm a big girl. Knowing how much someone paid you for a burnt Hangar and my Father's corpse isn't gonna hurt me as much as the event ITSELF!

*Tara stands up, pressing a button on her gauntlet and a Guard comes in. She turns her head slightly towards Sam.*

Tara: Come on.

*5 minutes later. Sam's looking at an O.S.S. Direct Order - General Order 666. The name on the order is Richard Allington - Sam's father. Tara is standing behind her, regretting showing it to Sam.*

Sam: This is faked.

Tara: It has Director Mason's signature on it, and late President O'Neil's. It's real.

Sam: It CAN'T BE!

Tara: Sam--

Sam: You are trying to tell me that the Republic Government ordered you to kill my Father?! ARE YOU INSANE OR DO YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS CRAP YOU'VE COME UP WITH?!!!

Tara: READ, IT.

*Sam reads it, anger and sadness boiling up inside as she sees the reason of activation clause.

"Subject is guilty of corruption, murder and treason against the State. Black-level threat.

Solais System Defence codes sold by subject. Links to Department of Interstellar Security and illegal genetic experiments. Sold plans for 'Project: Citadel'--"

Sam stops reading and throws the PADD at the wall, nearly breaking it. Tara drops her head. That was it. The last shred of innocence Sam had just died.*

Sam: It can't be true...

Tara: I'm sorry.

Sam: You're sorry?

You're sorry?!

YOU'RE SORRY?!

*Sam twists round and punches Tara with her right hand before knocking her down to the floor and wrapping her hands around her throat, smashing her into the ground several times before Tara breaks the stranglehold and punches Sam off of her. Tara, now bleeding from a cut on her lip and staggering from the brutal attack, just stands above Sam as crawls over to the wall and buries her head against it. Tara hears a short burst of sobbing, before the door opens and the Guard starts to move towards her. Tara stops him and drags him outside.*

Tara: Leave her alone.

Just... just leave her alone.

*Tara walks back in and picks up the PADD. She then looks at Sam and crouches down next to her.*

I'm sorry Sam. I've done a lot of things I'm not proud of. Your Dad's death is one of them - and not just cos I blew the timing and killed 13 other people with him. I wanted there to be another way.

You know what that's like.

*Sam looks at her, her red tear-streaked face emoting anger and despair.*

I kept tabs on you, Dar'mei'na. I know what DIS did to you. I know they made you kill. I know you still remember the faces of every one of those victims and I know you still have nightmares where you see them, bleeding from the mouth from poison or rotting away from Thalaron radiation.

In many ways, you have it worse off. I at least have a tiny amount of justification for taking 1 life, but you have to live with being used as a weapon to murder 23.

Sam *sobbing*: 25.

Tara: What?

Sam: It was 25.

26 if you count Drake.

Tara: You didn't--

Sam: I wouldn't have done it if he didn't turn me into that... thing...

Like father, like daughter.

Tara: Don't.

Sam: Runs in the family...

Tara: You are not your father!

Sam: He was a traitor...

Tara: You aren't! It wasn't you who killed those people.

Sam: How would you know?

Do you know how long people have been saying that to me? I'm sick of it!

Sometimes, I see their faces in my nightmares, and for a split-second, I don't care.

Sometimes, I'll look in the mirror and I won't see Samantha Allington looking back - I'll see her, and it won't even phase me!

Sometimes...

Sometimes I won't even think twice about killing...

Do you know what that's like? To live with that on a daily basis?

*A hallowing quiet fills the room.*

I didn't think so.

*Tara stands and walks out.*

OOC: Yeah... diverted from what I originally had planned, but this seemed to work better for the characters anyway, so...

I really wanna elaborate on what happened to Sam when the DIS kidnapped her, since I've only alluded to it.

Oh, if you thought TDK was dark, wait 'til you see what I have in store.

Sam discovering the truth about her father (her role model for most of her life and a major component of her optimistic views) has really ripped her apart. The last shred of innocence she had has been ripped out of her and replaced with self-doubt and a multitude of other emotions that she may or may not be able to control.

Needless to say, Hawk's gonna get a hell of a lot of fire because of this, ad it is gonna have a major impact on her character.

And to think, I usually avoid dark and conflicted characters. See what you've done, Allen? Jk, I think it's more because...well... it worked in my head, and still does.
My Fan Fictions

Last edited by ryan218; 04-22-2013 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Fixing plot hole induced by me forgetting to check how far the story advanced while I was writing.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6666
04-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*A Federation vessel arrives after picking up a faint signal.. it is carrying the Senator that had been suing for peace. Admiral Bright is there as well.*

Bright: Bring any survivors on board and have the Medical staff on full alert keep me posted.

*Turns to the senator.*

Senator.. I hope this serves that we are not war mongers. There are things coming here that are dangerous.

You may see them when we have them stabilized...
OOC: Damn! You ninja'd me on the Solace angle! Lol.

Edited.
My Fan Fictions

Last edited by ryan218; 04-22-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6667
04-22-2013, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*Sarkon sits before the blade contemplating it but doesn't move. Why should he do it.*

*Elsewhere, Wax is heading to the Imperial faction's capitol for one purpose. He knows it is going to be hard but he knows that it won't be fought in space but on the planet. *

Wax: Is that trap set?

Pilot: It is live and waiting for the Democrats IFF signals to come through at the appointed time..

Wax: Has the Imperial armies begun arriving?

Knarled Klingon: *grunts*

Wax: I take that as a yes. Now all we need to do is wait for them to come back. This will force the Democratic fleet to land before us on the planet instead of engaging us in a battle we can't win.

Pilot: The numbers are against us... even then. The way I want it.

Wax: We are free men nothing more glorious than falling from this existence as a free man.
*Markon turns to Idanak (was that his name? I know I've butchered it, haven't I?).*

Markon: What is the plan?
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 6668
04-22-2013, 03:22 PM
*Sarkon continues to sit there it is night time there on the planet, still and silent. There is talking with the guard outside about a picture taking of the Imperial leader. Then a ruckus as guts are spilling out and grunts... Sarkon gets up and opens the sliding door... To find the old knarled klingon, Markon, Idanak, and another Klingon in the adjacent room carrying the guards into the room along with their blood being cleaned up. *

Sarkon: My son.. What are you doing here..?
Captain
# 6669
04-22-2013, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*Orion Cruiser, 15LY from the R.S.S. Republic. Tara is on the Bridge as she looks at the Republic's own broken body while it waits for its tow back to Base. An Officer walks over to her and looks at the Viewscreen. He gives her an enquiring look.*

Orion: Ma'am, will we be attempting to rescue Sara?

Orion: May I ask why?

Tara: It would compromise our position. The Republic can still fight, and we have her Captain on board. They won't miss an opportunity to try and rescue her.

Orion: She's your Sister.

Tara: Sacrifices must be made.

*Tara walks off the Bridge. She enters Sam's "Interrogation" Room and looks at her. Sam's eyes are still bloodshot from pain as Tara switched up her tactics. Since she couldn't stand by and watch Sam die from the Void, she's injected Sam with the small sample Stane gave her of Spice, though in a very small dose - less than an iso-gram.*

Sam: You're a real piece of work, you know that?

Tara: If it's ant consolation, the last of the Spice has been vaporised - except for a small vial to use on you.

Sam: Why the hell are you doing this to me?

Tara: You think I want to? Give me the Defence Codes and I'll stop.

Sam: The hell I will.

Tara: Dar'mei'na--

Sam: Why do you keep calling me that?! If this is how you treat Sisters, I'd hate to see what Sara goes through!

Tara: The fact that I still consider you a Sister is the reason you're still alive!

Sam, I don't want to put you through anymore of this--

Sam: Wake up, Tara! Using Void didn't work! Shock therapy didn't work! Trying to addict me to Spice, for some reason didn't work! What else can you do to me?!

Tara: Plenty. There's beating it out of you--

Sam: You know you wouldn't get 5 minutes before I manipulated you into letting me defend myself!

Tara: Letheans--

Sam: Because that works so well when you're trying to get information from a person instead of killing them!

Tara: And these.

*She holds up two small black circular devices.*

Tara: Try me.

Sam: Where'd you get those anyway? They're illegal in the Republic!

Tara: And the Federation.

I'm a criminal. Do the math.

Sam: It won't work.

Tara: Mk 34 Romulan Mind Probes, designed to break Vulcan psyches and tested on humans. Proved especially effective on Trills. I think they'll work!

Sam: I'm only 1/5 Trill.

Tara: And 4/5 Human.

This will hurt, Sam... a lot. Just tell me what I want to know.

*Tara sighs before placing the Mind Probes on Sam's temples and turning them on, a green hue emanating off them as Sam's pupils dilate.

Tara places a hand on a panel and a high-pitched hum emanates from the device.*

Tara: Sam, what are the Republic Perimeter Defence Codes for Sectors 132 through 110 and what are the access codes to the Dalos Star Group Defensive Group?

Sam: Go to hell--! *Sam's mind suddenly erupts in pain as she lets out an unforgiving scream of pain. On Tara's screen, 2 sets of numbers and letters appear. Tara kills the machine when the last portion of the codes come up and gives Sam a heavy painkiller.*

Tara: I'm sorry I had to do that. *Tara puts a Safeguard device on Sam's wrist and activates one on her before releasing her restraints. Sam sits up and looks at Tara, a feeling of pure rage in her eyes.*

Don't.

It's a Safeguard unit. They use them for prisoner transport. The guards where these protector bracelets while the prisoners where the Punisher brace--

Sam: I know what they are! I try to hurt you and I get an electric shock powerful enough to light up New Vienna.

Tara: Not that powerful, but you won't get anywhere. You can't go outside of 10 feet of me and you can't touch me, or you're going to spend 30 seconds writhing in pain on the deckplate.

Right now it's set to containment, not protection. You can touch me.

Sam: Why?

You know if you did that there'd be little to stop me from strangling the life out of you.

Tara: Dar'mei'na, come on--

Sam: You killed my Dad.

Tara: It wasn't--

Sam: I'VE HAD IT WITH YOUR LIES, TARA! YOU KILLED HIM! YOU, no one else!

Tara: I wasn't going to say otherwise.

Sam: How can you say that, and still call me Dar'mei'na?

Tara: Because I never told you why.

Sam: You were asked!

Sam: You were sending a message!

Sam: Then why?!

Tara: I can't tell you.

Sam: Listen, Tara. I am using my full resolve to keep from killing you right here and now! Tell me why and I may let you walk out of this alive. Don't, and I will let my temptations get the better of me!

Tara: Sam, trust me, you'd hate me if I told you.

Sam: I already hate you!

Tara: Well, at least it can't get much worse.

Sam: Oh no! I am FAST working up to DESPISE!

Tara: It'll hurt you.

Sam: I'm a big girl. Knowing how much someone paid you for a burnt Hangar and my Father's corpse isn't gonna hurt me as much as the event ITSELF!

*Tara stands up, pressing a button on her gauntlet and a Guard comes in. She turns her head slightly towards Sam.*

Tara: Come on.

*5 minutes later. Sam's looking at an O.S.S. Direct Order - General Order 666. The name on the order is Richard Allington - Sam's father. Tara is standing behind her, regretting showing it to Sam.*

Sam: This is faked.

Tara: It has Director Mason's signature on it, and late President O'Neil's. It's real.

Sam: It CAN'T BE!

Tara: Sam--

Sam: You are trying to tell me that the Republic Government ordered you to kill my Father?! ARE YOU INSANE OR DO YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS CRAP YOU'VE COME UP WITH?!!!

Tara: READ, IT.

*Sam reads it, anger and sadness boiling up inside as she sees the reason of activation clause.

"Subject is guilty of corruption, murder and treason against the State. Black-level threat.

Solais System Defence codes sold by subject. Links to Department of Interstellar Security and illegal genetic experiments. Sold plans for 'Project: Citadel'--"

Sam stops reading and throws the PADD at the wall, nearly breaking it. Tara drops her head. That was it. The last shred of innocence Sam had just died.*

Sam: It can't be true...

Tara: I'm sorry.

Sam: You're sorry?

You're sorry?!

YOU'RE SORRY?!

*Sam twists round and punches Tara with her right hand before knocking her down to the floor and wrapping her hands around her throat, smashing her into the ground several times before Tara breaks the stranglehold and punches Sam off of her. Tara, now bleeding from a cut on her lip and staggering from the brutal attack, just stands above Sam as crawls over to the wall and buries her head against it. Tara hears a short burst of sobbing, before the door opens and the Guard starts to move towards her. Tara stops him and drags him outside.*

Tara: Leave her alone.

Just... just leave her alone.

*Tara walks back in and picks up the PADD. She then looks at Sam and crouches down next to her.*

I'm sorry Sam. I've done a lot of things I'm not proud of. Your Dad's death is one of them - and not just cos I blew the timing and killed 13 other people with him. I wanted there to be another way.

You know what that's like.

*Sam looks at her, her red tear-streaked face emoting anger and despair.*

I kept tabs on you, Dar'mei'na. I know what DIS did to you. I know they made you kill. I know you still remember the faces of every one of those victims and I know you still have nightmares where you see them, bleeding from the mouth from poison or rotting away from Thalaron radiation.

In many ways, you have it worse off. I at least have a tiny amount of justification for taking 1 life, but you have to live with being used as a weapon to murder 23.

Sam *sobbing*: 25.

Tara: What?

Sam: It was 25.

26 if you count Drake.

Tara: You didn't--

Sam: I wouldn't have done it if he didn't turn me into that... thing...

Like father, like daughter.

Tara: Don't.

Sam: Runs in the family...

Tara: You are not your father!

Sam: He was a traitor...

Tara: You aren't! It wasn't you who killed those people.

Sam: How would you know?

Do you know how long people have been saying that to me? I'm sick of it!

Sometimes, I see their faces in my nightmares, and for a split-second, I don't care.

Sometimes, I'll look in the mirror and I won't see Samantha Allington looking back - I'll see her, and it won't even phase me!

Sometimes...

Sometimes I won't even think twice about killing...

Do you know what that's like? To live with that on a daily basis?

*A hallowing quiet fills the room.*

I didn't think so.

*Tara stands and walks out.*

OOC: Yeah... diverted from what I originally had planned, but this seemed to work better for the characters anyway, so...

I really wanna elaborate on what happened to Sam when the DIS kidnapped her, since I've only alluded to it.

Oh, if you thought TDK was dark, wait 'til you see what I have in store.

Sam discovering the truth about her father (her role model for most of her life and a major component of her optimistic views) has really ripped her apart. The last shred of innocence she had has been ripped out of her and replaced with self-doubt and a multitude of other emotions that she may or may not be able to control.

Needless to say, Hawk's gonna get a hell of a lot of fire because of this, ad it is gonna have a major impact on her character.

And to think, I usually avoid dark and conflicted characters. See what you've done, Allen? Jk, I think it's more because...well... it worked in my head, and still does.
OOC: Hey I get people to click it works. I like conflicted because it makes you feel for them.
Captain
# 6670
04-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*Markon turns to Idanak (was that his name? I know I've butchered it, haven't I?).*

Markon: What is the plan?
*Hours before.. Idanak.. *

Idanak: I hope you make a good peasant... because that will be the only way to get in.