Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 16,228
# 7211
05-27-2013, 05:02 PM
*Lanco III Orbit. The Republic finally manages to catch the Synthesiser Cruiser, firing off a volley of Phased-Quantum Torpedoes which detonate within the ship, knocking out its manoeuvring systems. The Cruiser fires back with its aft secondary Antimatter Beam, impacting the Republic's shield before a ZPC Volley knocks it out, as well as the primary power conduit.

Republic, Bridge.*

David: Nice shooting, Lieutenant!

Okay, it won't take them long to bypass that, so let's get to work!

Have a boarding party report to Transporter Room 3!

*Sam gets up and heads towards the turbolift.*

Sam--

Sam: I'm going.

David: T'mar, go with her.

*T'mar nods before following Sam into the lift. Lopez takes T'mar's Station.*

Sam: Transporter 1.

T'mar: This is nuts, you know that?

Sam: I can handle myself.

T'mar: Phasers can't stop them!

Sam: That's why I'm not using Phasers.

*Sam takes a pistol from its holster and shows it to T'mar. It's largely uninteresting, except for the fact that it looks more like a generator than a weapon.*

It's an Electromagnetic Pulse Generator.

T'mar: That'll work.

Sam: It'll only put them to sleep. They'll reboot themselves after a few minutes, but that should be all I need.

T'mar: I'll go with you.

Sam: No.

*The lift stops and Sam starts walking towards the Transporter. T'mar walks alongside her.*

T'mar: I'll rephrase that; I am going with you.

Sam: I only have the one EM pistol.

T'mar: You're looking for Matt on a ship twice our size teeming with hostiles. You'll need a telepath.

Sam: T'mar, I can't cover both of us over there!

T'mar: No one's asking you to...

*T'mar stops Sam and turns her so they're facing eachother.*

But I am going. You can break my wrist for it later.

*T'mar walks ahead towards the transporter, Sam watching her in mild shock. After a few moments, T'mar turns back.*

You coming?

*Sam catches up and the two walk into the Transporter Room. T'mar walks over to the Chief and closes her eyes. She opens them again and points to a section of the enemy ship.*

T'mar: Beam us into that hallway.

Chief: Yes sir.

*The two step onto the Transporter Pad.*

Ready.

T'mar: Energise.

*Synthesiser Cruiser. Sam and T'mar materialise in a corridor made up of Synthesiser blocks. The whole space is nearly devoid of any signs of entryways, save for small switches. Sam pulls out her EM pistol while T'mar pulls out her Phaser, setting it to maximum.*

Sam: I hate these ships.

T'mar: It's definitely creeping me out. Where's the crew?

Sam: Probably trying to help coordinate repairs with the drones and the assembly blocks.

Well?

T'mar: Right.

This way.

*T'mar leads Sam down the corridor before stopping at a switch, tapping it. The blocks making up the wall recede revealing a doorway. Sam looks inside to find Matt sitting against the wall. He looks up and sees her.*

Matt: Sam?

*He stands up as Sam runs over to him, hugging him.*

Sam: Thank god you're alive!

Matt: You shouldn't have come. It's a--

Sam: I know.

T'mar, go. Now.

*She pulls away from Matt.*

Matt: What're you--?

*He hears a beep before seeing a transporter tag on his shoulder.*

No! SAM!

*He de-materialises.*

Sam: T'mar, I said go!

T'mar, I--!

*She feels something go numb in the back of her head, like someone just walked over her grave a thousand times.*

You...

Sam 2: I'm sorry...

*Sam turns around to see Sam 2 holding T'mar by the neck, blood dripping from her mouth.*

...T'mar can't come to the phone right now.

Sam: NO!

T'mar *weakly*: I'm sorry...

*Sam 2 pulls a knife out of T'mar's back and lets her fall to the floor. Sam 2 tosses the knife towards Sam, it sliding across the floor a meter from her. Sam just stares at the green blood-stained blade.*

Sam *grief-stricken*: You murdering...

Sam 2: Cry me a river. Compared to what I'm going to do to you, that was merciful.

Sam *grief-stricken*: She was my sister...

Do you know what that means...?

*Rageful* DO YOU?!

*She raises her EM pistol on Sam 2.*

Sam 2: What're you gonna do?!

*She advances on Sam, stepping over T'mar as she does so. She's now almost a meter from Sam, and edging closer.*

Put me to sleep?

Sam: No...

*Sam drops the pistol, clenching her fists.*

I'm going to kill you!

*She lunges at her, swinging a punch, which Sam 2 dodges before hitting Sam with a right hook, followed by a punch to the gut. She grabs the knife that was on Sam's armour before elbowing Sam in the face, pushing her away. She then swings the knife at her, cutting Sam's face before trying to stab her near the neck, when Sam brings her arm up to block it, the blade scraping on the lightweight metal gauntlet. Sam then pushes that arm to grab Sam 2's wrist, twisting it violently and making her drop the blade before punching Sam 2 directly in the face as hard as she could. Sam 2 uses her momentum to drag Sam down with her, pushing her feet into Sam's abdomen and rolling so Sam's on the floor instead before hitting her with punch after punch, each left-handed punch hitting the cut on Sam's right cheek, making it bleed a little more, and causing blood to pool on Sam 2's fist. She then pulls her right fist back to hit Sam with everything.

As the punch travels in, Sam catches it and furiously twists Sam 2's wrist violently, causing a cry of pain, before using her free right arm to grab Sam 2's shoulder and smash her to the deck. Sam then rolls away and gets to her feet as Sam 2 picks herself up, grabbing the blade she stabbed T'mar with as she does. Sam kneels down and picks up her knife as well, holding it in her fist pointed down. She wipes her mouth with her left hand to clear the blood that had started dripping from it.

Sam and Sam 2 begin circling each other.*

Sam 2: I have been waiting for this, Sister.

Sam: Shut up.

Sam 2: You are gonna die, right here, right now, right next to that half-Vulcan telepathic freak.

Sam: I said... *She tightens her fists.* ...Shut up.

*Sam 2 smiles sadistically before swinging the knife in, which Sam catches with her left hand, using the right-hand (the one holding the knife) to punch her in the face before kicking her in the gut. As she falls to the floor, Sam 2 rolls back onto her feet before kicking Sam in the knee, causing her to stagger, succeeded by a punch to the face and gut. Sam dodges another kick and forces herself back onto her feet before Sam 2 swings the knife in for her neck.

Sam looks at her with hate as her eyes give off a white hue for a split second before she reacts, swinging her knife towards Sam 2.

The moment passes quickly, with Sam holding Sam 2's arm with her left hand, the blade inches from her throat, and her right arm somewhere near Sam 2's abdomen. Sam 2's face is in shock as Sam just glares at her with hate. Sam closes her eyes, letting a small (almost non-existent) amount of regret express itself on her face before pulling her knife out of Sam 2's abdomen, and letting her drop to the floor. She places the knife on Sam 2's chest before walking over and picking up T'mar's phaser, the blood now trickling down her right cheek.*

Sam 2 *painful and faint*: You think... that'll stop me? A little... stab wound...? I'll just... reconstitute form from a blood cell or...

Sam *hateful, quiet*: Shut up.

*She turns around before firing the phaser, the blue flash atomising Sam 2 and the 2 knives in contact with her. Sam felt the heat from the phaser in her hand.

T'mar had already put it up to the max safe limit, and Sam and sent it all the way up to just below overload. She threw the phaser to the floor before kneeling down next to her sister, now letting her emotions take over as tears streamed down her face. She holds T'mar in her arms, sobbing.*

Sam *sobbing*: I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

*She feels something metallic attach to her ankle, and hears a high-pitched tone, before the two de-materialise in a transporter beam.*

OOC: Wow... just...

This may well be the most emotional thing I've ever written.

I did debate whether or not to have Sam kill Sam 2 and whether to have it be an accident or forced on her or what you see here, and decided that this seemed the most effective way to go.

That's all I'm going to say on the matter. Bookmarking the post right now.

What do you think?
My Fan Fictions

Last edited by ryan218; 05-27-2013 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Figures. Of course I make spelling mistakes in my best post to date!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,085
# 7212
05-27-2013, 05:39 PM
Wow that was good Ryan
Phil Coulson: And back up isn't coming. It'll be just the four of us. We'll be outmanned and outgunned. But Fury always said... a man can accomplish anything when he realizes he's a part of something bigger. A team of people who share that conviction can change the world. So, what do you say? You ready to change the world?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,268
# 7213
05-27-2013, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*Lanco III Orbit. The Republic finally manages to catch the Synthesiser Cruiser, firing off a volley of Phased-Quantum Torpedoes which detonate within the ship, knocking out its manoeuvring systems. The Cruiser fires back with its aft secondary Antimatter Beam, impacting the Republic's shield before a ZPC Volley knocks it out, as well as the primary power conduit.

Republic, Bridge.*

David: Nice shooting, Lieutenant!

Okay, it won't take them long to bypass that, so let's get to work!

Have a boarding party report to Transporter Room 3!

*Sam gets up and heads towards the turbolift.*

Sam--

Sam: I'm going.

David: T'mar, go with her.

*T'mar nods before following Sam into the lift. Lopez takes T'mar's Station.*

Sam: Transporter 1.

T'mar: This is nuts, you know that?

Sam: I can handle myself.

T'mar: Phasers can't stop them!

Sam: That's why I'm not using Phasers.

*Sam takes a pistol from its holster and shows it to T'mar. It's largely uninteresting, except for the fact that it looks more like a generator than a weapon.*

It's an Electromagnetic Pulse Generator.

T'mar: That'll work.

Sam: It'll only put them to sleep. They'll reboot themselves after a few minutes, but that should be all I need.

T'mar: I'll go with you.

Sam: No.

*The lift stops and Sam starts walking towards the Transporter. T'mar walks alongside her.*

T'mar: I'll rephrase that; I am going with you.

Sam: I only have the one EM pistol.

T'mar: You're looking for Matt on a ship twice our size teeming with hostiles. You'll need a telepath.

Sam: T'mar, I can't cover both of us over there!

T'mar: No one's asking you to...

*T'mar stops Sam and turns her so they're facing eachother.*

But I am going. You can break my wrist for it later.

*T'mar walks ahead towards the transporter, Sam watching her in mild shock. After a few moments, T'mar turns back.*

You coming?

*Sam catches up and the two walk into the Transporter Room. T'mar walks over to the Chief and closes her eyes. She opens them again and points to a section of the enemy ship.*

T'mar: Beam us into that hallway.

Chief: Yes sir.

*The two step onto the Transporter Pad.*

Ready.

T'mar: Energise.

*Synthesiser Cruiser. Sam and T'mar materialise in a corridor made up of Synthesiser blocks. The whole space is nearly devoid of any signs of entryways, save for small switches. Sam pulls out her EM pistol while T'mar pulls out her Phaser, setting it to maximum.*

Sam: I hate these ships.

T'mar: It's definitely creeping me out. Where's the crew?

Sam: Probably trying to help coordinate repairs with the drones and the assembly blocks.

Well?

T'mar: Right.

This way.

*T'mar leads Sam down the corridor before stopping at a switch, tapping it. The blocks making up the wall recede revealing a doorway. Sam looks inside to find Matt sitting against the wall. He looks up and sees her.*

Matt: Sam?

*He stands up as Sam runs over to him, hugging him.*

Sam: Thank god you're alive!

Matt: You shouldn't have come. It's a--

Sam: I know.

T'mar, go. Now.

*She pulls away from Matt.*

Matt: What're you--?

*He hears a beep before seeing a transporter tag on his shoulder.*

No! SAM!

*He de-materialises.*

Sam: T'mar, I said go!

T'mar, I--!

*She feels something go numb in the back of her head, like someone just walked over her grave a thousand times.*

You...

Sam 2: I'm sorry...

*Sam turns around to see Sam 2 holding T'mar by the neck, blood dripping from her mouth.*

...T'mar can't come to the phone right now.

Sam: NO!

T'mar *weakly*: I'm sorry...

*Sam 2 pulls a knife out of T'mar's back and lets her fall to the floor. Sam 2 tosses the knife towards Sam, it sliding across the floor a meter from her. Sam just stares at the green blood-stained blade.*

Sam *grief-stricken*: You murdering...

Sam 2: Cry me a river. Compared to what I'm going to do to you, that was merciful.

Sam *grief-stricken*: She was my sister...

Do you know what that means...?

*Rageful* DO YOU?!

*She raises her EM pistol on Sam 2.*

Sam 2: What're you gonna do?!

*She advances on Sam, stepping over T'mar as she does so. She's now almost a meter from Sam, and edging closer.*

Put me to sleep?

Sam: No...

*Sam drops the pistol, clenching her fists.*

I'm going to kill you!

*She lunges at her, swinging a punch, which Sam 2 dodges before hitting Sam with a right hook, followed by a punch to the gut. She grabs the knife that was on Sam's armour before elbowing Sam in the face, pushing her away. She then swings the knife at her, cutting Sam's face before trying to stab her near the neck, when Sam brings her arm up to block it, the blade scraping on the lightweight metal gauntlet. Sam then pushes that arm to grab Sam 2's wrist, twisting it violently and making her drop the blade before punching Sam 2 directly in the face as hard as she could. Sam 2 uses her momentum to drag Sam down with her, pushing her feet into Sam's abdomen and rolling so Sam's on the floor instead before hitting her with punch after punch, each left-handed punch hitting the cut on Sam's right cheek, making it bleed a little more, and causing blood to pool on Sam 2's fist. She then pulls her right fist back to hit Sam with everything.

As the punch travels in, Sam catches it and furiously twists Sam 2's wrist violently, causing a cry of pain, before using her free right arm to grab Sam 2's shoulder and smash her to the deck. Sam then rolls away and gets to her feet as Sam 2 picks herself up, grabbing the blade she stabbed T'mar with as she does. Sam kneels down and picks up her knife as well, holding it in her fist pointed down. She wipes her mouth with her left hand to clear the blood that had started dripping from it.

Sam and Sam 2 begin circling each other.*

Sam 2: I have been waiting for this, Sister.

Sam: Shut up.

Sam 2: You are gonna die, right here, right now, right next to that half-Vulcan telepathic freak.

Sam: I said... *She tightens her fists.* ...Shut up.

*Sam 2 smiles sadistically before swinging the knife in, which Sam catches with her left hand, using the right-hand (the one holding the knife) to punch her in the face before kicking her in the gut. As she falls to the floor, Sam 2 rolls back onto her feet before kicking Sam in the knee, causing her to stagger, succeeded by a punch to the face and gut. Sam dodges another kick and forces herself back onto her feet before Sam 2 swings the knife in for her neck.

Sam looks at her with hate as her eyes give off a white hue for a split second before she reacts, swinging her knife towards Sam 2.

The moment passes quickly, with Sam holding Sam 2's arm with her left hand, the blade inches from her throat, and her right arm somewhere near Sam 2's abdomen. Sam 2's face is in shock as Sam just glares at her with hate. Sam closes her eyes, letting a small (almost non-existent) amount of regret express itself on her face before pulling her knife out of Sam 2's abdomen, and letting her drop to the floor. She places the knife on Sam 2's chest before walking over and picking up T'mar's phaser, the blood now trickling down her right cheek.*

Sam 2 *painful and faint*: You think... that'll stop me? A little... stab wound...? I'll just... reconstitute form from a blood cell or...

Sam *hateful, quiet*: Shut up.

*She turns around before firing the phaser, the blue flash atomising Sam 2 and the 2 knives in contact with her. Sam felt the heat from the phaser in her hand.

T'mar had already put it up to the max safe limit, and Sam and sent it all the way up to just below overload. She threw the phaser to the floor before kneeling down next to her sister, now letting her emotions take over as tears streamed down her face. She holds T'mar in her arms, sobbing.*

Sam *sobbing*: I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

*She feels something metallic attach to her ankle, and hears a high-pitched tone, before the two de-materialise in a transporter beam.*

OOC: Wow... just...

This may well be the most emotional thing I've ever written.

I did debate whether or not to have Sam kill Sam 2 and whether to have it be an accident or forced on her or what you see here, and decided that this seemed the most effective way to go.

That's all I'm going to say on the matter. Bookmarking the post right now.

What do you think?
OOC: Impressive.

*In cutter's mind he can still hear the humming, the odd dreams, nightmares, and outside the officer is still feeling the affects of it but the humming is becoming a pounding humming. *

*OOC: I will let you logan take up the dreams and nightmares of these guys. It is meant to start to sway them. More allusion to them coming, or something of theirs..., I will leave their origins up to ryan as Adjeca knows some but its mostly true legend...*
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,498
# 7214
05-27-2013, 08:41 PM
OOC: That was sad and awesome at the same time. (Good riddance, Sam 2)
And where is the Dresden right now so I can get an idea of where I'm at?

*The Red October drops out of warp, in stealth mode*

Vranlek: The ship's over there.

Voporak: Move us close to them, directly off their bow. Maintain stealth.

*2409, Gamma Quadrant*

Voporak: Remember your job, and do it well. I'm off.

*The Black Phantom cloaks and flies off, into the Dominion shipyard*
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,085
# 7215
05-27-2013, 09:22 PM
Ooc: I should specify in cryo they are out like a light We can still do that just future reference
Phil Coulson: And back up isn't coming. It'll be just the four of us. We'll be outmanned and outgunned. But Fury always said... a man can accomplish anything when he realizes he's a part of something bigger. A team of people who share that conviction can change the world. So, what do you say? You ready to change the world?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,085
# 7216
05-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Ooc: going to work on finishing up the current war with the UNSC so I'll be going ino te past a little.

Also Ryan an Allen if its ok. I would like to do a small time jump before we continue. Just so I can end this war easily. Doesn't have to be huge just even a few years would be good.
Phil Coulson: And back up isn't coming. It'll be just the four of us. We'll be outmanned and outgunned. But Fury always said... a man can accomplish anything when he realizes he's a part of something bigger. A team of people who share that conviction can change the world. So, what do you say? You ready to change the world?
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 16,228
# 7217
05-28-2013, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Ooc: going to work on finishing up the current war with the UNSC so I'll be going ino te past a little.

Also Ryan an Allen if its ok. I would like to do a small time jump before we continue. Just so I can end this war easily. Doesn't have to be huge just even a few years would be good.
OOC: I need just a few more days to wrap up another story angle then I'm good.
My Fan Fictions
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 16,228
# 7218
05-28-2013, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
OOC: That was sad and awesome at the same time. (Good riddance, Sam 2)
And where is the Dresden right now so I can get an idea of where I'm at?

*The Red October drops out of warp, in stealth mode*

Vranlek: The ship's over there.

Voporak: Move us close to them, directly off their bow. Maintain stealth.

*2409, Gamma Quadrant*

Voporak: Remember your job, and do it well. I'm off.

*The Black Phantom cloaks and flies off, into the Dominion shipyard*
*Federation Outpost 14, Federation-Romulan Border. The U.S.S. Excalibur and U.S.S. Dresden are waiting outside the Station while Captain Tucker and Captain Forest are on the station, investigating a Crime Scene.*

OOC: As I reminder... http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...postcount=6976

*Tucker kneels down on the deck, looking at a phaser burn mark and the holographic projection of a dead Starfleet Officer.*

Tucker: Who were the attackers?

Security Officer: We're not sure. They beamed in, killed Ensign Salvietti, hacked our computers and beamed out again.

*Tucker stands up, walking over to the blown out console. Forest is viewing another console with the schematics of a Defiant-Class Starship.*

Forest: What ship is this?

Security: Dunno. It's Sigma 9 clearance. Don't get how they hacked it.

Tucker: Hold on.

*Tucker walks over and taps a few keys, revealing that some of the data has been fragmented.*

Some one didn't want us knowing what they were looking at.

*He reconstructs the data, Omega weaponry being added as well as ZPCs, Zeta Torpedo launchers and numerous other devices, including a Borg Temporal Node.*

It's the Black Phantom.

Forest: You mean the Orions have access to the Federation's most powerful weaponry?!

Tucker: Worse than that, Captain. Voporak's ship was fitted with a stolen Borg Temporal Node, mounted to their Warp Core. If they took the entire Computer Core of the Black Phantom, which I confiscated...

Forest: That'll include every piece of Data the crew ever collected on it, including--

Tucker: How to make it work.

Forest: I'll inform Admiral Bright at Starfleet Headquarters.

*Forest walks out. Tucker closes down the file and the Security Officer walks up to him.*

Security: Sir, there's something else. The Orions accessed a file before they beamed out. They were using a Search index to look for it but...

*He opens the computer access index.*

When they overloaded the console, a lot of its active memory was lost. We couldn't reconstruct the search query, but we were able to recover most of the result file.

*He pulls up a slightly distorted data file on Republic Penal Facility 14.*

That's what she ended up looking at.

Tucker: Facility 14?

Security: It's a Republic Penal Station near The Shoals. They mainly handle Pirates but they do get High Profile prisoners from time-to-time. The Station's surrounded by a proto-star nebula. Only ships with Military-Grade Shielding can get through. Even if someone escaped the Station, there's nowhere to go.

Tucker: Unless you just happen to have a Starship waiting for you.

Security: Right.

Tucker: Can you bring up the full, non-fragged file?

Security: Sure. Computer, display file on Republic Facility 14.

*The Console changes to display an active, animated file on Facility 14, including incoming Transports, etc.*

Tucker: Computer, display all Kar'moon Alliance and Orion Syndicate Prisoners currently held at Facility 14.

*The screen shows a long list of names.*

Security: Oh boy...

Tucker: Computer, how many results are there?

Computer: 1,257.

Tucker: Okay, filter out all non-Orion prisoners.

*Several hundred names vanish from the list.*

Now how many?

Computer: 521.

Security: Better.

Tucker: Yeah, but that was a week ago. They're probably getting ready to strike by now.

Computer, filter out all low-profile prisoners.

*Another few hundred names vanish.*

Now?

Computer: 23.

Tucker: Okay.

*He activates another console and plays back the attack. He freezes frame once Tara enters the camera field of view.*

Computer, zoom in on and enhance D4.

*The computer focuses in on the Emblem on Tara's right shoulder.*

I know that insignia.

Computer, filter out all names and just show me the prisoners associated with the Duranus Cartel.

*The computer filters out all but 2 results.*

Talana D'ian...

Security: The D'ian and Duranus Cartels are at eachother's throats.

Tucker: And...

Sara Tr'ian.

That's who they're after.

Security: Son of a b*tch.

Tucker: I'd better contact Starfleet and Republic Security.

Dresden, one to beam up. Set course for Republic Penal Facility 14 and engage as soon as I'm aboard. Get me a channel with Starfleet and Republic Security ASAP.

*The Dresden is soon underway.

Elsewhere on the Station, Forest is speaking with Admiral Bright over subspace.*

Forest: Admiral Bright, we have a situation.
My Fan Fictions
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,268
# 7219
05-28-2013, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*Federation Outpost 14, Federation-Romulan Border. The U.S.S. Excalibur and U.S.S. Dresden are waiting outside the Station while Captain Tucker and Captain Forest are on the station, investigating a Crime Scene.*

OOC: As I reminder... http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...postcount=6976

*Tucker kneels down on the deck, looking at a phaser burn mark and the holographic projection of a dead Starfleet Officer.*

Tucker: Who were the attackers?

Security Officer: We're not sure. They beamed in, killed Ensign Salvietti, hacked our computers and beamed out again.

*Tucker stands up, walking over to the blown out console. Forest is viewing another console with the schematics of a Defiant-Class Starship.*

Forest: What ship is this?

Security: Dunno. It's Sigma 9 clearance. Don't get how they hacked it.

Tucker: Hold on.

*Tucker walks over and taps a few keys, revealing that some of the data has been fragmented.*

Some one didn't want us knowing what they were looking at.

*He reconstructs the data, Omega weaponry being added as well as ZPCs, Zeta Torpedo launchers and numerous other devices, including a Borg Temporal Node.*

It's the Black Phantom.

Forest: You mean the Orions have access to the Federation's most powerful weaponry?!

Tucker: Worse than that, Captain. Voporak's ship was fitted with a stolen Borg Temporal Node, mounted to their Warp Core. If they took the entire Computer Core of the Black Phantom, which I confiscated...

Forest: That'll include every piece of Data the crew ever collected on it, including--

Tucker: How to make it work.

Forest: I'll inform Admiral Bright at Starfleet Headquarters.

*Forest walks out. Tucker closes down the file and the Security Officer walks up to him.*

Security: Sir, there's something else. The Orions accessed a file before they beamed out. They were using a Search index to look for it but...

*He opens the computer access index.*

When they overloaded the console, a lot of its active memory was lost. We couldn't reconstruct the search query, but we were able to recover most of the result file.

*He pulls up a slightly distorted data file on Republic Penal Facility 14.*

That's what she ended up looking at.

Tucker: Facility 14?

Security: It's a Republic Penal Station near The Shoals. They mainly handle Pirates but they do get High Profile prisoners from time-to-time. The Station's surrounded by a proto-star nebula. Only ships with Military-Grade Shielding can get through. Even if someone escaped the Station, there's nowhere to go.

Tucker: Unless you just happen to have a Starship waiting for you.

Security: Right.

Tucker: Can you bring up the full, non-fragged file?

Security: Sure. Computer, display file on Republic Facility 14.

*The Console changes to display an active, animated file on Facility 14, including incoming Transports, etc.*

Tucker: Computer, display all Kar'moon Alliance and Orion Syndicate Prisoners currently held at Facility 14.

*The screen shows a long list of names.*

Security: Oh boy...

Tucker: Computer, how many results are there?

Computer: 1,257.

Tucker: Okay, filter out all non-Orion prisoners.

*Several hundred names vanish from the list.*

Now how many?

Computer: 521.

Security: Better.

Tucker: Yeah, but that was a week ago. They're probably getting ready to strike by now.

Computer, filter out all low-profile prisoners.

*Another few hundred names vanish.*

Now?

Computer: 23.

Tucker: Okay.

*He activates another console and plays back the attack. He freezes frame once Tara enters the camera field of view.*

Computer, zoom in on and enhance D4.

*The computer focuses in on the Emblem on Tara's right shoulder.*

I know that insignia.

Computer, filter out all names and just show me the prisoners associated with the Duranus Cartel.

*The computer filters out all but 2 results.*

Talana D'ian...

Security: The D'ian and Duranus Cartels are at eachother's throats.

Tucker: And...

Sara Tr'ian.

That's who they're after.

Security: Son of a b*tch.

Tucker: I'd better contact Starfleet and Republic Security.

Dresden, one to beam up. Set course for Republic Penal Facility 14 and engage as soon as I'm aboard. Get me a channel with Starfleet and Republic Security ASAP.

*The Dresden is soon underway.

Elsewhere on the Station, Forest is speaking with Admiral Bright over subspace.*

Forest: Admiral Bright, we have a situation.
*Admiral Bright sits back as the last few weeks have been tense but he has noticed Dorman being more on edge than before. *

Admiral Bright: Yes Captain what is it? *sips some coffee a half eaten burger on a plate beside him*

*2409 Warrior Angel ready room, Allen is grasping his head and Doctor Herubt has given him a regimen of painkillers. *

Allen: Ryan I wish to speak with you in my ready room alone. *Weakly closing the comm*

*OOC: I do intend for time to mess up a little bit because of what is going to happen...*

*Parallel 2531 RSS Freedom Captain's ready room*

*James is leaning back going over more duty rosters and security screenings. As his console pings.*
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 16,228
# 7220
05-28-2013, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*Admiral Bright sits back as the last few weeks have been tense but he has noticed Dorman being more on edge than before. *

Admiral Bright: Yes Captain what is it? *sips some coffee a half eaten burger on a plate beside him*

*2409 Warrior Angel ready room, Allen is grasping his head and Doctor Herubt has given him a regimen of painkillers. *

Allen: Ryan I wish to speak with you in my ready room alone. *Weakly closing the comm*

*OOC: I do intend for time to mess up a little bit because of what is going to happen...*

*Parallel 2531 RSS Freedom Captain's ready room*

*James is leaning back going over more duty rosters and security screenings. As his console pings.*
*Present, Prime timeline.*

Forest: An Orion Marauder attacked Outpost 14 and stole schematics for the Black Phantom, including the ship's temporal core.

*2409. Ryan enters Allen's Ready Room.*

Ryan: You asked to see me, Captain?

*Parallel 2531. R.S.S. Freedom, Family Quarters. Tara is sitting at a desk studying when she senses someone beam in. She carefully moves her hand toward the comm panel.*

Drake: Don't bother, Miss Allen.

*She looks toward the door into the next room to see Drake standing there, his cybernetic optical implant making him look more intimidating to her.

She tries to scan him, but can't. He's been trained to block telepathic scans.*

I've been at this game for over a century. I know all the tricks. For instance, the internal sensors in this room are replaying the same image over and over from before I beamed in. There is a dampening field in operation, so no one can send comms in or out of this room. The doors are sealed, as are the Jefferies Tubes. There's nowhere to go.

Tara: Who are you?

Drake: My name's Franklin Drake. I represent an organisation that has dedicated itself to the preservation of mankind. Though the Republic doesn't know it, that includes them.

We call ourselves... Section 31.

Tara: What do you want with me?

Drake: All I want is for you to come with me for a short time. You won't be harmed, I promise you.

*She looks at the door into the hallway. Even if he's telling the truth about it being locked, it's a better chance than nothing.*

I assure you, one way or another, you are coming with me. I would prefer if you came willingly, but the alternative still works.

*Tara makes a run for the door. Drake rolls his eyes and folds his arm, leaning back on the wall. The door is sealed. Tara just keeps slamming her hands against it futilely before leaning her head against it.*

Are you quite finished?

*Tara looks at him, terrified.*

I thought so.

Obsidian, two to beam out.

*The two are beamed out. As the security overrides shut down and the sensors are allowed to function normally again, a security alert blares as the system realises Tara's life sign has mysteriously vanished.*
My Fan Fictions
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:42 PM.