Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14,164
# 7691
06-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
Stane: A bit sore that they took my offer on the spice? You have to wonder if you would have been better off taking the offer.

Well that is business my dear.

Besides I enjoy watching competition. It is good for business.

Aside from petty concerns I don't see why not...

For free.

*leaves a pad on his seat as he vanishes into the dark bypassing the grid Tara put up...*

*Indoctrinated come and surround Tara...easily disarming her... and jamming the main systems... *

Stane: *in Tara's mind* Did you think I was going to be that foolish? Well my dear.. How about this... we make you one of us.

*laughs lightly as they take her away screaming... Leaving a Face Dancer in her place.*

*OOC: Ooo Please. I like seeing Tara and Sam going at each other. Besides he is just going to be long term causing instability in the entire galaxy.
*R.S.S. Republic, Situation Room. Matt and the others are on the Bridge, while Sam is sitting at the Situation Room table, remembering back to 9 years earlier, when she was under D.I.S.'s control. [Flashback]

Sam walks into a large Office building, wearing a white t-shirt with a black leather jacket. She's got a backpack slung over her shoulder. Her hair is shorter than presently, coming down to just above her shoulders, like Sam 2's hair. She's stopped by a security guard as she approaches the Turbolift.*

Guard: Sorry ma'am, no unauthorised personnel.

Sam: I'm here to see Mr Cartwright. Military Intelligence.

Guard: I don't care if you're our lord and saviour Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're not going up there without some I.D.

Sam: Fine.

*She turns around and walks out.

5 minutes later, she's on the roof of the building opposite, which is under construction. She climbs up the construction crane and walks along the arm when she reaches the top. She's now 10 meters from the rooftop laterally. Vertically, she is 75 meters up. She puts on the heavy-duty gloves she'd packed in her bag previously before sliding down the Cable onto the payload below. The cable tears through the gloves and starts tearing through her skin, leaving Sam wincing in pain when she reaches the payload.

She takes out a hypo, jabbing it into her arm to numb the pain, before taking off the gloves and wrapping a bandage around the wounded area of each hand, the blood soaking into the first layer, but apparently being stopped by the second. Sam wraps a third layer just to be safe.*

Okay, the shuttle will be taking the target off-planet in 10 minutes. I've gotta get this done before then.

*She looks down, finding that she can see into her target's office from her position.*

That's what? 120 meters?

*She takes out a phaser pistol, activating the power cell and taking aim.*

I can make that shot easy.

*She keeps the aim on her target before lowering the weapon and holstering it again.*

Not stealthy enough. Can't be seen.

*She instead looks to the rooftop, now 10 meters below her. She stands up and jumps down, rolling when she lands. The strength enhancements D.I.S. gave her mean that she's able to jump from that height without breaking any bones.

She then taps a device on her arm and she's cloaked.

8 minutes later, she hears the shuttle on approach. She also hears the roof access door open. Her target walks out and towards the Shuttle pad. She walks up behind him, locking his neck with her arms and kicking him in the back of the leg, shattering it. She starts squeezing on his neck. He's gasping for air. As her grip tightens, she hears a sickening crack as he goes limp.

She releases his corpse and lets it fall to the floor before walking inside.

2 minutes later, the shuttle lands, finding their passenger dead on arrival.

[/Flashback]

Sam looks up as she hears the Republic drop to sublight.

That was only one of 25 haunting memories, and she remembers that one being the least disturbing of them all.

Every few years, she calls in favours from her underground informants, hoping to pick up the trail of the few D.I.S. operatives that were involved that escaped the O.S.S. raid to rescue her.

When she does get a lead, three words enter her mind; "it's payback time".

Of course, all the leads end up going cold, but she's still looking.*

Matt *Over Comm*: Sam, can you come to the Bridge?

Sam: On my way.

*She stands up, catching a glimpse of her reflection in the windows. She sees her own reflection looking back at her.*

At least I can live with seeing that face.

*She walks onto the Bridge.*
My Fan Fictions
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14,164
# 7692
06-21-2013, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*R.S.S. Republic, Situation Room. Matt and the others are on the Bridge, while Sam is sitting at the Situation Room table, remembering back to 9 years earlier, when she was under D.I.S.'s control. [Flashback]

Sam walks into a large Office building, wearing a white t-shirt with a black leather jacket. She's got a backpack slung over her shoulder. Her hair is shorter than presently, coming down to just above her shoulders, like Sam 2's hair. She's stopped by a security guard as she approaches the Turbolift.*

Guard: Sorry ma'am, no unauthorised personnel.

Sam: I'm here to see Mr Cartwright. Military Intelligence.

Guard: I don't care if you're our lord and saviour Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're not going up there without some I.D.

Sam: Fine.

*She turns around and walks out.

5 minutes later, she's on the roof of the building opposite, which is under construction. She climbs up the construction crane and walks along the arm when she reaches the top. She's now 10 meters from the rooftop laterally. Vertically, she is 75 meters up. She puts on the heavy-duty gloves she'd packed in her bag previously before sliding down the Cable onto the payload below. The cable tears through the gloves and starts tearing through her skin, leaving Sam wincing in pain when she reaches the payload.

She takes out a hypo, jabbing it into her arm to numb the pain, before taking off the gloves and wrapping a bandage around the wounded area of each hand, the blood soaking into the first layer, but apparently being stopped by the second. Sam wraps a third layer just to be safe.*

Okay, the shuttle will be taking the target off-planet in 10 minutes. I've gotta get this done before then.

*She looks down, finding that she can see into her target's office from her position.*

That's what? 120 meters?

*She takes out a phaser pistol, activating the power cell and taking aim.*

I can make that shot easy.

*She keeps the aim on her target before lowering the weapon and holstering it again.*

Not stealthy enough. Can't be seen.

*She instead looks to the rooftop, now 10 meters below her. She stands up and jumps down, rolling when she lands. The strength enhancements D.I.S. gave her mean that she's able to jump from that height without breaking any bones.

She then taps a device on her arm and she's cloaked.

8 minutes later, she hears the shuttle on approach. She also hears the roof access door open. Her target walks out and towards the Shuttle pad. She walks up behind him, locking his neck with her arms and kicking him in the back of the leg, shattering it. She starts squeezing on his neck. He's gasping for air. As her grip tightens, she hears a sickening crack as he goes limp.

She releases his corpse and lets it fall to the floor before walking inside.

2 minutes later, the shuttle lands, finding their passenger dead on arrival.

[/Flashback]

Sam looks up as she hears the Republic drop to sublight.

That was only one of 25 haunting memories, and she remembers that one being the least disturbing of them all.

Every few years, she calls in favours from her underground informants, hoping to pick up the trail of the few D.I.S. operatives that were involved that escaped the O.S.S. raid to rescue her.

When she does get a lead, three words enter her mind; "it's payback time".

Of course, all the leads end up going cold, but she's still looking.*

Matt *Over Comm*: Sam, can you come to the Bridge?

Sam: On my way.

*She stands up, catching a glimpse of her reflection in the windows. She sees her own reflection looking back at her.*

At least I can live with seeing that face.

*She walks onto the Bridge.*
*R.S.S. Republic, Bridge. Sam walks towards the sentre of the Bridge, standing beside Matt as the Orion Shuttle is shown on the viewer.*

Matt: Samantha...

Sam *thinking*: Oh boy.

Sam: Matthew?

Matt: Why did that tip of yours lead us to an Orion Cargo Shuttle belonging to the Duranus Cartel, which is led by the one person in the Galaxy you hated more than your Synthesiser duplicate, who's also a pirate, traitor, and overall criminal whom, according to Republic Law, I'm required to arrest on sight?

Sam: You wanna try using a period in that sentence?

Matt *adamant*: Sam.

Sam: Okay, I may have called in a few favours which weren't exactly...

Matt: Legal?

Sam: Convenient for you.

Matt: I'm guessing there's a good reason you don't hate Tara's guts anymore.

T'mar: Captain, trust me, there is.

*Matt looks back at T'mar at the tactical station, then back at Sam, who nods.*

Matt: Do you want me to go with you?

Sam: Better if I go alone. I'll hit my panic button if I need you.

Matt: Right.

*He passes her a small device which she puts in her pocket before walking into the turbolift.

Tara's shuttle, 5 minutes later. Sam beams in at the back of the cockpit, with Tara turning to aim a disruptor at her, putting it away when she realises it's just Sam.*

Tara: Don't do that.

Sam: Well?

Tara: Stane's in the Armagosa System, on the new subspace telescope. But he's leaving in a few hours. As it is, we'll barely have time to catch him in this crate.

Sam: We'll take the Republic.

Tara: No. He'd see you coming before you got close, and we'd lose him. This shuttle can get close enough without any trouble, but only if we leave right now.

Sam: Alright...

Well, I guess you'd better get going.

*Tara presses a few buttons and the shuttle jumps to high warp.*

Armagosa? Why there? It's not important. There's nothing on that telescope except subspace radio equipment and computer banks.

Tara: You can ask Stane when we get there.

Sam: This feels like a trap.

Tara: Don't worry, Dar'mei'na. I'll keep the big bad Nausicaans from cutting your fingers off.

Sam: Hey, I was 12! Cut me a break!

Tara: You were 12, and yet you still crawled into bed with mommy and daddy?

Sam: That's a slanderous lie!

Tara: Slanderous lie? Is that any worse than a regular lie?

Sam: I am gonna kick your...

Just fly.

*She takes a seat next to her, with Tara smiling with amusement. Out of the corner of her eye, Sam could swear she saw that smile change to one of sadistic intent for a second.*
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,792
# 7693
06-21-2013, 03:11 PM
Ooc: man this was a long day ok

Jacob: roland run all data on the anomily and tell me what is odd.

Roland: you mean besides tyhe anomily itself right.

Jacob: serious roland

Roland: the anomily is man made and would need precise tech to create. There are many places one

Jacob: but narrow it down are there any stane has ties to building or working on.

Roland: working now. Sir I'm alkso trying to trace his energy signuture since he appears to have guardian like powers we can trace those as well.

Jacob: do it we need to find him before any one else cause they will just get hurt.
Phil Coulson: And back up isn't coming. It'll be just the four of us. We'll be outmanned and outgunned. But Fury always said... a man can accomplish anything when he realizes he's a part of something bigger. A team of people who share that conviction can change the world. So, what do you say? You ready to change the world?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,792
# 7694
06-21-2013, 03:27 PM
Roland: sir as I said I was scanning for any unknown gurdian energy signs.

Jacob: yeah what about it

Roland: I'm picking up a lot of them.
Phil Coulson: And back up isn't coming. It'll be just the four of us. We'll be outmanned and outgunned. But Fury always said... a man can accomplish anything when he realizes he's a part of something bigger. A team of people who share that conviction can change the world. So, what do you say? You ready to change the world?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,078
# 7695
06-21-2013, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Roland: sir as I said I was scanning for any unknown gurdian energy signs.

Jacob: yeah what about it

Roland: I'm picking up a lot of them.
*OOC: Rabbit chasing its tail..*
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,792
# 7696
06-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*OOC: Rabbit chasing its tail..*
Ooc: lol just having fun
Phil Coulson: And back up isn't coming. It'll be just the four of us. We'll be outmanned and outgunned. But Fury always said... a man can accomplish anything when he realizes he's a part of something bigger. A team of people who share that conviction can change the world. So, what do you say? You ready to change the world?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,078
# 7697
06-21-2013, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Ooc: lol just having fun
*OOC: Aren't we all.*
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,792
# 7698
06-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*OOC: Aren't we all.*
Ooc: I hope so
Phil Coulson: And back up isn't coming. It'll be just the four of us. We'll be outmanned and outgunned. But Fury always said... a man can accomplish anything when he realizes he's a part of something bigger. A team of people who share that conviction can change the world. So, what do you say? You ready to change the world?
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14,164
# 7699
06-21-2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*R.S.S. Republic, Bridge. Sam walks towards the sentre of the Bridge, standing beside Matt as the Orion Shuttle is shown on the viewer.*

Matt: Samantha...

Sam *thinking*: Oh boy.

Sam: Matthew?

Matt: Why did that tip of yours lead us to an Orion Cargo Shuttle belonging to the Duranus Cartel, which is led by the one person in the Galaxy you hated more than your Synthesiser duplicate, who's also a pirate, traitor, and overall criminal whom, according to Republic Law, I'm required to arrest on sight?

Sam: You wanna try using a period in that sentence?

Matt *adamant*: Sam.

Sam: Okay, I may have called in a few favours which weren't exactly...

Matt: Legal?

Sam: Convenient for you.

Matt: I'm guessing there's a good reason you don't hate Tara's guts anymore.

T'mar: Captain, trust me, there is.

*Matt looks back at T'mar at the tactical station, then back at Sam, who nods.*

Matt: Do you want me to go with you?

Sam: Better if I go alone. I'll hit my panic button if I need you.

Matt: Right.

*He passes her a small device which she puts in her pocket before walking into the turbolift.

Tara's shuttle, 5 minutes later. Sam beams in at the back of the cockpit, with Tara turning to aim a disruptor at her, putting it away when she realises it's just Sam.*

Tara: Don't do that.

Sam: Well?

Tara: Stane's in the Armagosa System, on the new subspace telescope. But he's leaving in a few hours. As it is, we'll barely have time to catch him in this crate.

Sam: We'll take the Republic.

Tara: No. He'd see you coming before you got close, and we'd lose him. This shuttle can get close enough without any trouble, but only if we leave right now.

Sam: Alright...

Well, I guess you'd better get going.

*Tara presses a few buttons and the shuttle jumps to high warp.*

Armagosa? Why there? It's not important. There's nothing on that telescope except subspace radio equipment and computer banks.

Tara: You can ask Stane when we get there.

Sam: This feels like a trap.

Tara: Don't worry, Dar'mei'na. I'll keep the big bad Nausicaans from cutting your fingers off.

Sam: Hey, I was 12! Cut me a break!

Tara: You were 12, and yet you still crawled into bed with mommy and daddy?

Sam: That's a slanderous lie!

Tara: Slanderous lie? Is that any worse than a regular lie?

Sam: I am gonna kick your...

Just fly.

*She takes a seat next to her, with Tara smiling with amusement. Out of the corner of her eye, Sam could swear she saw that smile change to one of sadistic intent for a second.*
*3 hours later, Armagosa System. The shuttle docks in the Subspace Telescope's small shuttlebay. The telescope is almost as large as the Argus Array, but is 50x more advanced.

Sam and Tara spend half an hour exploring the telescope before winding up in the command centre. Save for the lights which activate as they move, the interior is dark. The telescope is empty, save for them. Sam is looking puzzled, with Tara standing behind her.*

Sam: Completely empty.

I don't get it. If Stane had been here, why haven't the lights been on? Why haven't the consoles been accessed? Why haven't the security systems been triggered?

*She hears a low hum, before grabbing her phaser and spinning around, both of them pointing weapons at eachother, Sam looking seriously p*ssed off.*

*Angry* I had a feeling!

Tara: Nothing personal.

Sam *angry*: I trusted you!

Tara: You should have learned after last time.

Sam *angry*: Drop the disruptor.

Tara: You first.

*They here a buzz as Sam's phaser loses power.*

Oops. Never mind.

*Sam drops the phaser, glaring at Tara.*

Sam *angry*: Why? Tara, Stane's a maniac!

Tara: And you're better how? You've killed 25 innocent people, most of whom were Republic Officials. As far as I know, that's 25 more kills than Stane.

Sam *angry*: Tara...

Tara: Seriously, I kill 12 cadets doing Military Command's dirty work and killing your dad for them, and I get hunted for years. You murder 25 of your government's officials in cold blood, and you become a Captain.

Your father would be so proud of you - his little angel's becoming quite the little terrorist, just like him.

Sam *angry*: You little--!

*Sam grabs Tara's arm, pushing it upwards as she tries to shoot, the beam slicing into the ceiling before Sam slams her shoulder into her and takes her down, forcing her to release the disruptor before sliding it away. The two struggle before Tara lifts her legs up and wraps them around Sam's head, so her head's between Tara's knees. Tara then starts squeezing on Sam's head, causing Sam's to cry out in pain, before rolling onto her side and letting go, rolling the other way to stand up.

Sam also gets to her feet, raising her arms into a fighting stance. The two start exchanging punches, blocking some, targeting the other's head and gut randomly. Sam briefly gets the upper hand, throwing everything into a swing at Tara, which Tara ducks beneath before darting behind Sam and getting her in a necklock before kicking out her leg and pulling her onto her back, crossing her legs around Sam's abdomen. Tara then starts squeezing in on the neck and abdomen, with Sam desparately trying to pull her arms away from her neck to breath. As the stranglehold continues, Sam begins to squirm, trying to kick out.*

Tara: You never could best me, Sam.

*Sam's mind flashes back to when she was 15. She and T'mar were sparring - something they had a tendency of doing whenever one of them needed to exert a little anger. In this case, T'mar was trying to teach Sam how to use a meditative technique to last longer in a stranglehold.

Back in the present, Sam slows her breathing, so she's barely moving, letting her body stop moving. Her lungs feel like they're on fire, and she's fighting to keep from reacting to the pain

Thinking she's strangled Sam, Tara let's go, rolling Sam' would-be corpse onto its front before stnding and beginning to walk away.

The one problem with sam's technique was it took a great deal of effort to get her breathing back to normal again. She struggles to get any air in for a couple of seconds, before gasping as she manages to restart her breathing, yelling as she sweeps her leg round and trips Tara to the floor, barring her arm across Tara's neck, squeezing down on it.*

Sam *angry, still gasping for air*: First time for everything!

*Tara punches her off, with the two rolling back onto their feet before tearing into eachother again with a combination of punching, blocking, roundhouse kicks, ducking and so forth as the two continue to try to beat eachother down.*

OOC: Now going to bed. Will be back in 12 hours.
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,792
# 7700
06-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Jacob: roland any thing yet

Roland: no he has done a very good job of hiding himself.

Jacob: of course he did. He knows we are looking for him and he wants to wait till he is ready to be found!

Jacob throws the glass he was holdiing at the wall as it hits and shatters.

Jacob: he wants to hide we will find him. Get me lenox him and his little criminal organization are going to help us. Besides lenox hates stane about as much as I do.

Roland: very well sir.
Phil Coulson: And back up isn't coming. It'll be just the four of us. We'll be outmanned and outgunned. But Fury always said... a man can accomplish anything when he realizes he's a part of something bigger. A team of people who share that conviction can change the world. So, what do you say? You ready to change the world?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:19 PM.