Captain
# 7731
06-24-2013, 10:59 AM
OOC: Quite today....
Captain
# 7732
06-24-2013, 11:38 AM
*Stane is standing before the machine... Time bubbles are still all around this place.., barren, ruins abound with rubble, wreckage, and dust... The slot stands before him, behind him are immeasurably millions of indoctrinated and Shadow warriors. All from unknown races or the shadows... In the background the vessel Sovereign is still in its landing mode. *

Stane: *The red cube in his hands doesn't burn but feels free and is eager to power the machine...* To a new era of life and the end of our enemies. To infinite knowledge millions of years in the making. Now it will begin..

*He slips the cube into it's place into the machine and it soon charges up and hums to life, powered up... *

Shadow Baron: Now we need to place the key in to unlock our victory and our revenge..

Stane: Yes but keep in mind that will be up to Lord Drazaak...

Arbiter: Then we will wait and the girl will be of use. Are you sure your diversions were enough to keep them busy for long?

Stane: Of course.. Plots within Plots my dear Arbiter... Tumbling onto each other and things around them.. Do not fret.. Our master's will be here soon to cleanse the galaxy.

Shadow Baron: I am sure Lord Drazaak would be pleased with your work both of you.. When will your master's arrive?

Arbiter: Soon.. but they are still a ways away even if the gateway opens it will take time for them to arrive along with their forces.

Shadow Baron: The other half? The ones that wiped out that branch of humans and amalgamation of alien races?

Stane: They are years away they would have to traverse Dark Space itself to reach the Milky way and make their way to the Alpha and Beta quadrants, but no matter they are preoccupied with their task and they will come with more help.

Shadow: Good.
Captain
# 7733
06-24-2013, 12:02 PM
Ooc: at work will post in about an hour.
" great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame"
Starfleet Veteran
# 7734
06-24-2013, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*Stane is standing before the machine... Time bubbles are still all around this place.., barren, ruins abound with rubble, wreckage, and dust... The slot stands before him, behind him are immeasurably millions of indoctrinated and Shadow warriors. All from unknown races or the shadows... In the background the vessel Sovereign is still in its landing mode. *

Stane: *The red cube in his hands doesn't burn but feels free and is eager to power the machine...* To a new era of life and the end of our enemies. To infinite knowledge millions of years in the making. Now it will begin..

*He slips the cube into it's place into the machine and it soon charges up and hums to life, powered up... *

Shadow Baron: Now we need to place the key in to unlock our victory and our revenge..

Stane: Yes but keep in mind that will be up to Lord Drazaak...

Arbiter: Then we will wait and the girl will be of use. Are you sure your diversions were enough to keep them busy for long?

Stane: Of course.. Plots within Plots my dear Arbiter... Tumbling onto each other and things around them.. Do not fret.. Our master's will be here soon to cleanse the galaxy.

Shadow Baron: I am sure Lord Drazaak would be pleased with your work both of you.. When will your master's arrive?

Arbiter: Soon.. but they are still a ways away even if the gateway opens it will take time for them to arrive along with their forces.

Shadow Baron: The other half? The ones that wiped out that branch of humans and amalgamation of alien races?

Stane: They are years away they would have to traverse Dark Space itself to reach the Milky way and make their way to the Alpha and Beta quadrants, but no matter they are preoccupied with their task and they will come with more help.

Shadow: Good.
*DS61, Holosuite 4. Arthur is training a squad of Republic Assault Ops to fight the Shadows, essentially consisting of training them to avoid a straight-up confrontation.

Andromeda Galaxy. Drazaak stands in a temple of remaining cultists as a priest leaves. Drazaak is joined by another Shadow.*

Shadow: My Lord, why not destroy him now?

Drazaak: Destroy him? This man has lived for aeons. He is older than Mor'bid himself, and just as wise.

Throughout every confrontation we have had with the Guardians, one thing has remained constant...

You do not kill Tokra of the Enfili.

*Tokra enters the chamber, using his staff to support him. Several Shadows bow to him in respect. Tokra focuses his vision on Drazaak.*

Master Tokra, you honour us with your presence.

Tokra: If so honoured you are, why make conflict?

Drazaak: Come now, Master Tokra, you know our goals as well as any Shadow. You and Lord Mor'bid were the wisest of the Shadows and Guardians.

There is no reason for us to be adversaries. We both want the same thing; to rid the Universe of corruption.

Tokra: Aligned, our goals may be, but not how we choose to attain them. An endless cycle of killing you seek.

Drazaak: We topple decadent civilisations so that new ones might arise! In a forest, you fell old trees so that new ones may grow.

Tokra: Hope for these races, there still is.

Drazaak: We have spent aeons searching for a better way - there isn't one.

Tokra: Stop you, we shall.

Drazaak: So be it.

*Tokra walks out, the Shadow next to Drazaak raising his arm to fire. Drazaak stops him, looking into his eyes and surely shaking his head.*

OOC: I really wanted Tokra to be a Guardian that was deeply respected by both Guardians and Shadows. Since Mor'bid was known to teach both Shadows and Guardians, I felt it seemed sensible that Shadows sought Tokra's teaching as well - the Shadows and Guardians were not always blood enemies. At one time, the two sides coexisted peacefully, with short wars being stopped by Tokra and Mor'bid. When Mor'bid died, there was no way to stop the wars from spiralling out of control.
The Game of Houses (A Klingon fan-fic)

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Captain
# 7735
06-24-2013, 01:50 PM
: ok now I'm off work.

Sinclaire walks into his quarters. Tired abnd worn out. After spending the last while training maco troops he needed to get out. He can feel the evil as it grows and it concerns him greatly. He soon heads to the holo deck to do his daily routine. As he enters he relaxs and closes his eyes as the program begins. As many different enemies come at him he smoothly takes them out one by one. As he goes through level after level.
" great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame"
Captain
# 7736
06-24-2013, 02:53 PM
Cole and his battle group soon arrive with there support group.

Cole: all hands report.

Officer: sir everyone is here and accounted for no sign yet we where followed the prowler created a signuture of us and the battle group heading the other way so if all worked it was led on a goose chase.

Cole: very well all hands maintane combat alert delta. Im going planet side.

The planet is a medium sized class m planet tucked away behind a long stream of dangerous nebulas and asteroid fields. The planet itself was designed to be a shield world if all else failed for the UNSC supplies had been stockpiled here as well as shipyards and starbes.

Cole soon beams down to alpha base. Where it would appear to any one else chaos as troops are running around to different positions and supplies are all being moved. Cole walks into a large building where a conference is being held.

Cole: sorry im late everyone traffic was backed up.

Terrace: coughs im glad you could make. Shall we begin.

What is left of FLEETCOMM nods.

Terrace: very well lets begin. Gentleman i dont need to tell you how dire streights are. We are backed in a corner and no where left to run. WE lost most of our ships and bases already. The forerunners have helped where they can but there arent enough of them to really help. We are on our own.

General Black: what is your plan. WE cant fight them we all now how that ends.

Terrace: but we will fight them. WE just have to find out how we can.

Cole: I must say i have to agree with the general here. Terace none of our weapons can break there shields.

Commodore Yuri: besides we are down to about 900 ships that are combat ready. We dont have the resources to fight any longer.

Field Marshal Keyes: We cant give up because all is lost. WE stay and fight for every ship we still have. If we all die in the process so be.

Yuri: He is right we all where ready to die to defeat the covenant nothing has changed.

Cole: WE have to fight for those who already died defending us from our past enimies if this be the end it is our burden to bear. Send what civilians we have left to the milky way while we make this our last stand.

Yuri: we should call all our forces here if we are to make a stand besides we have no where else to run.

Cole: agreed General prepare your troops. Marshal a moment if you will.
Captain
# 7737
06-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Quote:
*They arrive at the coordinates and all they find is debris of destroyed vessels and fighters. Dead bodies decompressed inside the fighters...*

Officer: My god... The Battle Group...
OOC: and i just saw you post that after my whole long post lol ok so back up a bit cole and his fleet found them then we will say then went to alpha base ok all good now
Captain
# 7738
06-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
OOC: and i just saw you post that after my whole long post lol ok so back up a bit cole and his fleet found them then we will say then went to alpha base ok all good now
Officer: We are staying and fighting?

Ensign: Yes sir...

Officer: Do you have family...

Ensign: Not anymore sir... Those things probably took care of that...

Officer: I have to protest the fool notion that we could make any kind of stand here without it becoming a massacre. The Milky Way needs to know what is coming...
Captain
# 7739
06-24-2013, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Officer: We are staying and fighting?

Ensign: Yes sir...

Officer: Do you have family...

Ensign: Not anymore sir... Those things probably took care of that...

Officer: I have to protest the fool notion that we could make any kind of stand here without it becoming a massacre. The Milky Way needs to know what is coming...
Cole walks in on the two talking

Cole: we have to assume ONI got through to the milky way with long range comms down and besides the gateway was shut down as soon as the things attacked. Unless you feel you are brve enough to take a fighter and try to reach the gate. In that case be my guest.
Captain
# 7740
06-24-2013, 05:14 PM
General black walks around the base looking at alpha company. The heavy artillery is already up and running as are the scorpion class battle tanks and falcon class rapid response vehicles. ODST are setting up barricades and defense points as turrets are being placed as anit air launchers are being placed around the area.

Col. Metther: Sir all companies reporting in all defense positions are nearly complete.

General Black: very good is the artifact site secure.

Col Metther: yes sir i have a detachment of ODST troops there already.

General Black: good if all else fails we will fall back to that point and use the gateway there.

A falcon drives up as Black gets in it. The vehicle heads for another part of the base. As they are driving to the site Black watchs as the troops are moving with determination and prepping for battle. The sadest part to him is knowing how futile there attempts will be. They know they have no hope of victory but they cant let that be seen. They have to make the troops believe that there is hope.

OOC: be prepared for a battle of the line speech soon