Starfleet Veteran
# 7811
06-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*Danny and Sanders make it to the Hangar and see that a deal is still going down as they try keep things under control... Tensions are on the rise... *

Danny: Come on we need to get to the shuttle at least...
Sanders: Relax, Danny. Painkillers finally took hold.

*Sanders stands on his own 2 feet and walks into an Orion shuttle, taking care to avoid detection. He closes the hatch once Danny enters before starting the power-up sequence.*

Now, which one of these opens the Shuttlebay doors?

Eenie... meenie minie...

*He taps a control, resulting in a disruptor blast firing out at the Breen Shuttle, destroying it.*

Not that one!

Whoops.

*He tries again, this time successfully opening the Shuttlebay doors. At the Orion group, Sara Tr'ian watches the Shuttle take position to leave the Bay.*

Sara: Someone lock a tractor on that Shuttle!

*Back on the Shuttle, Sanders throttles up and the shuttle flies out of the Bay and into open space. He then executes the jump to warp.*

Sanders: And.. we're gone.

Sanders to Excalibur, requesting pick-up.

Forrester: Copy that. We're en route to you now.

*Sanders closes the channel and puts the shuttle on auto-pilot. He turns to Danny and gives him piloting control.*

Sanders: Take over.

*He sighs and leans back in his seat, still reeling from the episode in the Computer Core.*

Old Wounds - Star Trek: Victorious (A Star Trek Online Fanfic)
"Only one human captain has ever survived combat with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."
Captain
# 7812
06-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Sanders: Relax, Danny. Painkillers finally took hold.

*Sanders stands on his own 2 feet and walks into an Orion shuttle, taking care to avoid detection. He closes the hatch once Danny enters before starting the power-up sequence.*

Now, which one of these opens the Shuttlebay doors?

Eenie... meenie minie...

*He taps a control, resulting in a disruptor blast firing out at the Breen Shuttle, destroying it.*

Not that one!

Whoops.

*He tries again, this time successfully opening the Shuttlebay doors. At the Orion group, Sara Tr'ian watches the Shuttle take position to leave the Bay.*

Sara: Someone lock a tractor on that Shuttle!

*Back on the Shuttle, Sanders throttles up and the shuttle flies out of the Bay and into open space. He then executes the jump to warp.*

Sanders: And.. we're gone.

Sanders to Excalibur, requesting pick-up.

Forrester: Copy that. We're en route to you now.

*Sanders closes the channel and puts the shuttle on auto-pilot. He turns to Danny and gives him piloting control.*

Sanders: Take over.

*He sighs and leans back in his seat, still reeling from the episode in the Computer Core.*
*Danny takes over and slips the control to the computer*

Danny: Are you going to tell me now?
Captain
# 7813
06-28-2013, 02:34 PM
*James and the rest of them are in a meeting room... *

James: What did you see Sam?
Starfleet Veteran
# 7814
06-28-2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
*Danny takes over and slips the control to the computer*

Danny: Are you going to tell me now?
Sanders: You remember when Federation Special Weapons Division selected me to take part in Project: Rebirth? Well... there were 2 reasons they didn't continue the project after me.

1. I vanished with the Enterprise-G 2 years after the treatment - a little over 7 months after I thought you died. They couldn't get a sit-rep on my progress, so they halted the project.

2. After I came back, S.H.I.E.L.D. did a complete physical on me. What they found pretty much stalled the project indefinitely; Rebirth has a long-term side effect, which was accelerated by my time in the Enterprise's transporter buffer - my body is suffering from gradual cellular degradation. I'm dying.

Starfleet Medical are trying to research a treatment, but they've been frank - they don't think I'll survive long enough for them to develop a cure.

S.W.D. were trying to revise the Rebirth treatment, to make it safe. That was until I trashed the lab, 2 months after I came back.

No one else should have to go through this.

I thought I'd have more time before the pain spasms would start... but it looks like it finally caught up with me. I've been using Kanorapan to suppress the pain for periods of time, but those periods are getting shorter and shorter.

"Only one human captain has ever survived combat with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."
Captain
# 7815
06-28-2013, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Sanders: You remember when Federation Special Weapons Division selected me to take part in Project: Rebirth? Well... there were 2 reasons they didn't continue the project after me.

1. I vanished with the Enterprise-G 2 years after the treatment - a little over 7 months after I thought you died. They couldn't get a sit-rep on my progress, so they halted the project.

2. After I came back, S.H.I.E.L.D. did a complete physical on me. What they found pretty much stalled the project indefinitely; Rebirth has a long-term side effect, which was accelerated by my time in the Enterprise's transporter buffer - my body is suffering from gradual cellular degradation. I'm dying.

Starfleet Medical are trying to research a treatment, but they've been frank - they don't think I'll survive long enough for them to develop a cure.

S.W.D. were trying to revise the Rebirth treatment, to make it safe. That was until I trashed the lab, 2 months after I came back.

No one else should have to go through this.

I thought I'd have more time before the pain spasms would start... but it looks like it finally caught up with me. I've been using Kanorapan to suppress the pain for periods of time, but those periods are getting shorter and shorter.
Danny: Damn it...
Starfleet Veteran
# 7816
06-28-2013, 03:26 PM
Quote:
*James and the rest of them are in a meeting room... *

James: What did you see Sam?
Sam: I'm not completely sure. I think I saw your daughter. She was surrounded by creatures and then... I dunno... she just sent out this... pulse... and collapsed.

T'mar: A mind-burst.

*Everyone turns to T'mar in curiosity.*

Mind-bursts affect distance telepaths when their abilities first surface. Some telepaths are born with their abilities switched on, with most it's triggered by some form of biological or extreme mental or physical trauma. The onset of puberty is the most common trigger.

Sam: T'mar went through it when her abilities surfaced. Since her parents were dead and she was the first Vulcan distance telepath, my family had a hard time helping her adjust. She had to learn to block it out on her own, and when she couldn't, it helped to alleviate the stress... which basically consisted of me letting her kick my ass in sparring sessions.

Matt: But, I thought James' kid was 16?

Sam: She is, but New-types don't get their powers genetically. It's caused by the Omega Radiation their body naturally produces. They don't usually suffer mind-bursts because their powers switch on gradually.

T'mar: But Tara's abilities go beyond New-types. You said she triggered your pendant. That means she has a link to the Twilight - possibly the same way you do if she's your daughter.

Maybe that caused a mind-burst, combined with the mental trauma you described.

We have no idea what the results of a mind-burst on someone using Twilight Energy might be.

Sam: You think that's what I saw?

T'mar: Probably.

Captain
# 7817
06-28-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Sam: I'm not completely sure. I think I saw your daughter. She was surrounded by creatures and then... I dunno... she just sent out this... pulse... and collapsed.

T'mar: A mind-burst.

*Everyone turns to T'mar in curiosity.*

Mind-bursts affect distance telepaths when their abilities first surface. Some telepaths are born with their abilities switched on, with most it's triggered by some form of biological or extreme mental or physical trauma. The onset of puberty is the most common trigger.

Sam: T'mar went through it when her abilities surfaced. Since her parents were dead and she was the first Vulcan distance telepath, my family had a hard time helping her adjust. She had to learn to block it out on her own, and when she couldn't, it helped to alleviate the stress... which basically consisted of me letting her kick my ass in sparring sessions.

Matt: But, I thought James' kid was 16?

Sam: She is, but New-types don't get their powers genetically. It's caused by the Omega Radiation their body naturally produces. They don't usually suffer mind-bursts because their powers switch on gradually.

T'mar: But Tara's abilities go beyond New-types. You said she triggered your pendant. That means she has a link to the Twilight - possibly the same way you do if she's your daughter.

Maybe that caused a mind-burst, combined with the mental trauma you described.

We have no idea what the results of a mind-burst on someone using Twilight Energy might be.

Sam: You think that's what I saw?

T'mar: Probably.
James: The darkness here is quickening... and deepening... Like death has been released from its cage... T'mar I am sure you feel it too... Like a shroud..
Starfleet Veteran
# 7818
06-28-2013, 03:57 PM
Quote:
James: The darkness here is quickening... and deepening... Like death has been released from its cage... T'mar I am sure you feel it too... Like a shroud..
T'mar: My telepathy doesn't extend very far. Unless it's something major happening all over the Quadrant, I usually don't feel it unless it's nearby. The only reason I could feel the Romulan disaster was because it was on such a large scale.

Sam: Don't think about it T'mar. No one should have had to go through that much trauma.

T'mar: Right. Sorry.

Matt: So, what's our next plan of action? Do we call this in?

Sam: And what do we tell command? That we think there's a girl in the midst of a bunch of evil creatures who can stop time and seems to be in hostile hands, but no where near the ship that's calling it in, who only knows it's happening because an inactive Naval Officer who is known to be emotionally unstable had a vision, which could easily have been a hallucination? Raving lunatics, that's what they'll call us!

Matt: What's your suggestion then? That we sit on our hills and wait for--?!

David *Over Comm*: Santiago to Forrester.

Matt: Go ahead David.

David *Over Comm*: We're getting 2 new MilStat updates. The first is on the Tholian Crisis; the Enterprise has stopped the Supernova, but most of the Assembly was already obliterated. All their colonies are gone. There are only about 2,000 survivors.

Matt: Understood...

David *Over Comm*: The second is on the BetaCom Action Update. Republic Navy Marine Corps are being mobilised, as are the 212th Assault Ops and the 3rd Fleet. We've been reassigned to meet up with the 4th Fleet at Solais V for Operation: Firebird. Apparently, we're being briefed on arrival.

They're asking for Sam to be present at the Briefing and to take command of the Republic.

Sam: Remind them that...

*She looks at Matt, uncertainly.*

You really think I can do it?

*Matt nods, compassionately.*

Nevermind, David. I'll get myself reactivated later.

David *Over Comm*: Understood.

Matt: Set course for Solais V.

David *Over Comm*: Aye sir.

Matt: Forrester out.

*They all stand, with Matt turning to James.*

Sorry James. The Republic is one of the Navy's Flagships. If Command wants us at an offensive, we can't afford to say no. It also means you're going to have to keep the holo-skin on and perform your cover's standard duties until we can get you off-ship.

Sam: Err... not necessarily. I'll call Hawk. We'll pass close to Khitomer on our way to Solais - I'll have him pick James up and they can pursue this further. I've been keeping Mike up to speed since we started this goose-chase.

Matt: Alright. I'll see if I can't get any more information about this "Operation: Firebird".

Dismissed.

*They all leave, with Sam heading to her quarters, Matt going into his Ready Room, and T'mar going to her Station.*

OOC: My next post is going to be from 212th's perspective on the Operation. It'll also elaborate on what's happening.

Captain
# 7819
06-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Quote:
T'mar: My telepathy doesn't extend very far. Unless it's something major happening all over the Quadrant, I usually don't feel it unless it's nearby. The only reason I could feel the Romulan disaster was because it was on such a large scale.

Sam: Don't think about it T'mar. No one should have had to go through that much trauma.

T'mar: Right. Sorry.

Matt: So, what's our next plan of action? Do we call this in?

Sam: And what do we tell command? That we think there's a girl in the midst of a bunch of evil creatures who can stop time and seems to be in hostile hands, but no where near the ship that's calling it in, who only knows it's happening because an inactive Naval Officer who is known to be emotionally unstable had a vision, which could easily have been a hallucination? Raving lunatics, that's what they'll call us!

Matt: What's your suggestion then? That we sit on our hills and wait for--?!

David *Over Comm*: Santiago to Forrester.

Matt: Go ahead David.

David *Over Comm*: We're getting 2 new MilStat updates. The first is on the Tholian Crisis; the Enterprise has stopped the Supernova, but most of the Assembly was already obliterated. All their colonies are gone. There are only about 2,000 survivors.

Matt: Understood...

David *Over Comm*: The second is on the BetaCom Action Update. Republic Navy Marine Corps are being mobilised, as are the 212th Assault Ops and the 3rd Fleet. We've been reassigned to meet up with the 4th Fleet at Solais V for Operation: Firebird. Apparently, we're being briefed on arrival.

They're asking for Sam to be present at the Briefing and to take command of the Republic.

Sam: Remind them that...

*She looks at Matt, uncertainly.*

You really think I can do it?

*Matt nods, compassionately.*

Nevermind, David. I'll get myself reactivated later.

David *Over Comm*: Understood.

Matt: Set course for Solais V.

David *Over Comm*: Aye sir.

Matt: Forrester out.

*They all stand, with Matt turning to James.*

Sorry James. The Republic is one of the Navy's Flagships. If Command wants us at an offensive, we can't afford to say no. It also means you're going to have to keep the holo-skin on and perform your cover's standard duties until we can get you off-ship.

Sam: Err... not necessarily. I'll call Hawk. We'll pass close to Khitomer on our way to Solais - I'll have him pick James up and they can pursue this further. I've been keeping Mike up to speed since we started this goose-chase.

Matt: Alright. I'll see if I can't get any more information about this "Operation: Firebird".

Dismissed.

*They all leave, with Sam heading to her quarters, Matt going into his Ready Room, and T'mar going to her Station.*

OOC: My next post is going to be from 212th's perspective on the Operation. It'll also elaborate on what's happening.
James: *says nothing*
Career Officer
# 7820
06-28-2013, 05:08 PM
Ooc : OK sorry been a long day.

Cole: alright everyone. Let's do this. Recall all teams it's time to move.

Tal: we can help you transport men faster.

Metran: I'll keep an eye out for trouble.
Phil Coulson: And back up isn't coming. It'll be just the four of us. We'll be outmanned and outgunned. But Fury always said... a man can accomplish anything when he realizes he's a part of something bigger. A team of people who share that conviction can change the world. So, what do you say? You ready to change the world?