Captain
# 7831
06-30-2013, 12:15 PM
Cole: serina report

Serina: all systems are back online sir we are ready to make slip space jump to the base.

Cole: very good serina set course and engage
" great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame"
Starfleet Veteran
# 7832
06-30-2013, 02:37 PM
*Operation: Firebird. Zero Hour -10min.

R.A.S. Victory. The Victory and Albion are following behind the 3rd Fleet, and soon drop to impulse within the Torvak System outer perimeter.

The 3rd Fleet charge ahead to engage the Kar'moon Alliance Vessels - a mixture of Klingon, Orion and Nausicaan ships, though mainly Orion, while the Assault Ops vessels warp past into low orbit of Torvak VIII.

Zero Hour -5min.

R.A.S. Victory, Drop Deck. Many of the Goliaths are preparing for drop, with the Assault Squads rushing inside and the doors closing before the craft are moved into position, locked to docking clamps on the roof of the bays.

One Drop Ship, codenamed Wolfhound 1-3, is waiting for her assigned squad to arrive. The pilot leans on the side of the craft before seeing Sabre Squad approach the ship. He stands and nods to Scorch.*

Pilot: Sergeant.

Scorch: Lieutenant. I assume you're our pilot?

Pilot: Yes sir. The ship's ready when you are.

Scorch: Well then, we'd better get going.

Pilot: Yes sir.

*He leads the squad into the craft before walking into the cockpit and sitting next to his co-pilot.*

Alright. Pre-flight.

Warp Core?

Co-pilot: On-line and stable.

Pilot: Nav-Def?

Co-Pilot: Operating at 98% efficiency.

Pilot: Impulse Drives?

Co-Pilot: Active.

Pilot: SIF?

Co-Pilot: Ready.

Pilot: Phaser Cannon?

Co-Pilot: Armed.

Pilot: Shields?

Co-Pilot: 100% and idle.

Pilot: RCS and manoeuvring thrusters?

Co-Pilot: Armed and armed.

Pilot: Alright.

Wolfhound 1-3 to Citadel Actual. We are ready for drop.

Citadel Actual *Over Comm*: Confirmed Wolfhound 1-3. Positioning now.

*They feel the craft begin to move beneath their feet as it is lifted into position on the massive drop clamps.*

Pilot: Initialise heat shield.

Co-pilot: Heat shield active.

Pilot: Get ready Wolfhounds! We'll be going fast and hot!

Gunners, call in!

Gunner 1: Port side, on-line!

Gunner 2: Starboard side here! Give me somethin' to shoot!

*The pilot looks to his co-pilot.*

Pilot: At least he's eager.

Co-Pilot: Someone obviously didn't tell him that this is a high-alt drop. If we need to shoot at something, then Lightning isn't doing its job.

Pilot: Disengage forward screen shield.

*The metal plates covering the forward screens retract, allowing the pilots to see the bustling bay.*

Citadel *Over Comm*: This is Citadel to all points, we are now inside the atmosphere. Bay doors opening now.

*The Massive bay opens as the doors slide out. THe Atmospheric Shield is the only thing holding back the heat from re-entry.*

Pilot: We forget anything?

Co-pilot: Negative. Green lights across the board. Hold on...

Pilot: Here we go...

Co-Pilot: Where the hell did I put that damn chip?

Pilot: Tell me you didn't lose the drop key?

Co-Pilot: No.

*He hands a small isolinear chip to the pilot, who subsequently puts it into a slot and places his finger over the control it just revealed. The Co-Pilot continues to search his uniform for the missing chip.*

Where is it?

Citadel *Over Comm*: Drop in 5...4...3...

Co-Pilot: Found it!

*He slips a small isolinear chip into the secondary console and presses a few controls, hovering over the last one.*

Citadel *Over Comm*: ...2...1! Drop.

*The two hit their respective controls almost simultaneously, with the craft dropping out of the bay along with several others before flying at high altitude while a song blasts through the craft's internal speakers (Here for immersion. Recommend you read the next section while listening to it).*

Pilot: Your infatuation with archaic music is just incred--

Co-Pilot: Come on! You can't deny it's a freaking awesome song!

Pilot: It is a good song.

*The squadron of craft fly together in formation as Lightnings 1 and 2 fly into formation.*

Lightning 1-1 *Over Comm*: Look alive Lightning! We got Alliance Interceptors incoming!

Lightning 2-1 *Over Comm*: We see 'em! Lightning 2, keep 'em away from the Wolfhounds!

Lightning 2-2 *Over Comm*: Copy that, 2-1!

*The Raptor Fighters begin dogfighting with the Orions as the Transports fight through and rise up above the fighting as they approach the city.*

Wolfhound 2-1 *Over Comm*: Wolfhound 2-1 to Wolfhound 1-1, we're diverting for the Supply Bases now. Invictus Phasmatus, Wolf Company.

Rex *Over Comm*: Hear ya, Sharks. Good luck.

Wolves, head for your designated objectives. Wolhound 1-4, 1-5, and 1-6, circle the area until someone calls for assistance.

*Zero Hour +10 minutes. Wolfhound 1-3 approaches their designated Drop Zone.*

Pilot: Alright, we're nearly there. Co-Pilot's craft.

Co-Pilot: Co-Pilot's craft.

*The Co-Pilot takes control as the Pilot begins to rise out of his chair. He then turns back to the Co-Pilot.*

Pilot: If you start blasting Frontline over the speakers...

*The Co-Pilot shrugs innocently and the Pilot walks into the crew compartment.*

Get ready, Sergeant. We're nearly over the Drop Zone.

Scorch: Got it.

*The pilot returns to the cockpit, taking his seat.*

Pilot: My craft?

Co-Pilot: Your craft.

*The Pilot takes back control.*

Pilot: Red light.

*The lights dim and turn red.*

Welcome to Torvak, Wolfhounds!

Co-Pilot: Drop Zone in 5...4...3...2...1...

*In the crew bay, the rear hatch opens and Sabre Squad look out at the Cityscape racing past below. They put their helmets on.*

Scorch: Remember, don't use your Jump Packs until 10,000 Feet.

Hax: We remember, Scorch.

Scorch: Just checking, Dani.

Pilot *Over Comm*: Green light.

*The lighting changes to green.*

Scorch: Go! Go! Go!

*Sabre Squad jumps from the Goliath and begin diving towards the tall skyscraper that has been designated Objective Delta. Scorch looks to the side of the building and sees another Skyscraper just next to it.*

Scorch *Over Comm*: Crash, do you see that building?

Crash *Over Comm*: Want me to snipe from there?

Scorch *Over Comm*: You know it.

Crash *Over Comm*: And I'm on it! Yee-hah!

*Crash changes course slightly to bring him down on the other building. Scorch watches as his altimeter counts down.*

Scorch *Over Comm*: 12,000 feet...

10,000!

*Sabre Squad hit their Jump Packs and the impulse jets roar to life as they begin decelerating the falling squad-mates.

As they near the Building, they start taking fire from Orions and Torvakans on the roof. Most of the Squad answers back but as they're about to land, Hax's Jump Pack is hit and she falls to the roof, slamming face first onto the concrete, her visor cracked by the force.

The rest of the squad lands without incident and begins taking out the Alliance and Torvakan troops while Scorch and Med ran over to Hax, leaning her against an AC unit and taking off her helmet.*

Scorch: You okay?

Hax *dazed*: Just a little dizzy...

Med: More than dizzy. If they'd hit you from any higher, you could have broken a bone!

Scorch: Is she okay?

Med: Yeah. Just stunned.

*Scorch puts a hand on Hax's shoulder and nods to her, helping her grab her carbine and get into firing position as the squad finishes of the enemy troops.*

Scorch: This is Sabre Lead, we're entering Objective Delta now.

Rex *Over Comm*: Copy that, Sabre Lead. Rapier and Gladiator now landing at Objective Alpha.

*OOC: In case you forgot who Sabre Squad are...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...postcount=6415*
The Game of Houses (A Klingon fan-fic)

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Captain
# 7833
06-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Ooc: good post.

The battle group soon arrives at the base greeted by a covenant battle group.

Cole: report.

Officer: sir they have taken over the base. And they report they are ready for us to dock.
" great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame"
Captain
# 7834
06-30-2013, 03:35 PM
*Stane is standing there observing the new situation he is causing within the Milky Way... A feminine individual is standing there, her eyes a radiant purple. *

Stane: How do you feel my dear?
Captain
# 7835
06-30-2013, 06:25 PM
*Deep space, away from all the battles and killing. Voporak's shuttle has re-docked with the Black Phantom, which has in turn re-docked with the Red October. The enormous ship floats there, detached from any faction or alliance.*

Mirra: A message has come in, sir. The Black Phantom's schematics have been deleted.

Voporak: Wonderful. So, everyone, let's recap.

*Voporak folds his hands behind his back and walks around the bridge*

The 29th century temporal police captured me and brought me to a court martial. That led to my escape and our return (again) to 2409 of our own timeline. The USS Thresher is sent after us, but it gets destroyed in the one and only time that we've seen our Omega weapons used full scale. The Dresden steals our computer core, but dozens of myselves from the past and future come to help. The Dresden goes on to decrypt those files, transfer them to a starbase, and the files get stolen by the Orions.

Then a group of everyone I've p*ssed off tries to kill me when we come back to 2409 (again), but they all die. So we go on an operation to the Gamma quadrant, steal this Dominion ship, pin it on a Ferengi 'salvager', and get away without a second Dominion war thanks to two captains who go on to be somehow important in this time and place. We retrofit this ship and rename it USS Red October, then time jump here. And after a series of events two guys go and make a strike operation which leads to the total and complete erasing of anything pertaining to data from the ship's computer. It's all one big cause and effect. Attention everyone, confusing temporal mechanics ahead.

The original predestination paradox of me using the temporal displacer onboard the Dreadnought to send the Black Phantom to that time sent the Dreadnought to the Phantom's time, but in this timeline. It also caused certain events involving me to occur within this timeline. That means that, by my calculations, in the Z-6 sector there is a formation of seemingly dead satellites projecting a very powerful cloaking field around a drydock. Only a few of you here know that when we were attacked by those four ships, I did not destroy one of them.

Among the other devices was a projectile which appeared to be a tricobalt explosive but was in fact a probe. That probe activated the Scimitar warbird's cloaking device and pushed it away from the blasts of the other devices. I later took a shuttle, boarded the lifeless warbird, and set an automatic sequence which made it go to warp and dock at the cloaked hanger. So if I am correct, in the Z-6 sector is a cloaked drydock holding an abandoned Scimitar. It's about time I did something with the old thing.

*He finally sits back down*

Set a course for the Z-6 sector, transjump. Prepare to engage.

*Later, in the ship's lounge*

Bridge Officer 1: I think I understand what he said, but what I don't get is how he can comprehend temporal mechanics that well.

Bridge Officer 2: Well, I know that in Starfleet Academy he specialized in tactical and weapons as far as the Federation can possibly teach. But I've heard that he studied temporal mechanics on his own later on.

BO 1: But why would he? It's such a different thing.

BO 2: I'm not sure. I can't think of anything that relates the two.

BO 1: What about... what about chroniton torpedoes? I'm sure he's read about every weapon ever designed, perhaps he became intrigued by chroniton torpedoes?

BO 2: That's a good theory. Voporak has a mind for being in control, and he probably decided that-

BO 1: That he could control time.

BO 2: It all makes sense.

BO 1: The Dreadnought's partial assimilation, its destruction, and regeneration by the malfunctioning Borg temporal node.

BO 2: He must have seen the potential in it after looking at the chroniton torpedoes. If not for previous examination of them, he might've tossed the node aside.

Voporak: And so I had Jirod rig it to the warp core to see what we could do with it.

*The two officer look up suddenly to see Voporak there, smiling, hand on BO 2's chair*

BO 1: Sir!

Voporak: No need to be surprised, Lieutenant. I like it when officers work together and think about things to figure something out. I would guess that's how you two ended up as more than just crewmen.

*Voporak sits down in the chair across the table from them*

BO 1: May I ask you something, um, unusual?

Voporak: Go ahead.

BO 1: I just find odd that you are sitting with us. You usually keep to yourself.

Voporak: Many have wondered that, but none ever aloud. It's because of the things I know, which no one else knows. I keep it all to myself. (He struggles to put his thoughts into words) I guess it just permeates the rest of my life, and that leads to me being, well, me.

BO 2: Can I ask a question of a different topic?

Voporak (raising an eyebrow curiously): Sure.

BO 2: How did you become a full Admiral?

Voporak (folds his arms and smiles slightly): Because I totally dumbfounded every captain I served under with my tactical abilities.

*BO 2 looks at him, confused*

Unorthodox, seemingly suicidal, and just plain strange maneuvers which ended up winning a battles got me promoted. Starfleet Command eventually saw it fit to give me the rank of Captain, but a rather strange duty to go with it. I did not command a ship, but rather served as senior tactical officer aboard frontline warships. Command and I both knew that I was better at doing the shooting but deserved the rank. This quirky job continued through my promotion to Vice Admiral for exceptional service in battle. And then, the prototype USS Odyssey was built. While it was finishing construction, a second prototype was being made. That ship was the USS Dreadnought. Starfleet finally offered me the rank of Admiral and command of it. Naturally I accepted.

Mirra (over comm): We're at the Z-6 sector.

Voporak: Acknowledged. *He looks at BO 1* I did come here for another purpose though, and I'm convinced.

*Voporak tosses something to BO 1 and gets up, walking away. BO 1 catches it and sees the rank pip of full Lieutenant in her hand, a step up from Junior Grade. Voporak stands in the doorway and glances at BO 2*

Sorry if you liked being able to give orders to her.

*BO 2 chuckles as she watches BO 1 stare in amazement at the rank pip...

In space, the Red October moves to each satellite and activates it. Once finished, they all flash one time and the long standing cloaking field drops to reveal a huge, dark shape blotting out the stars.*

OOC: If you think it's easy to connect all those events so that everything fits together, try again. Oh, and I realized just how many times I've messed around with time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my mission! :-)
Captain
# 7836
06-30-2013, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
*Deep space, away from all the battles and killing. Voporak's shuttle has re-docked with the Black Phantom, which has in turn re-docked with the Red October. The enormous ship floats there, detached from any faction or alliance.*

Mirra: A message has come in, sir. The Black Phantom's schematics have been deleted.

Voporak: Wonderful. So, everyone, let's recap.

*Voporak folds his hands behind his back and walks around the bridge*

The 29th century temporal police captured me and brought me to a court martial. That led to my escape and our return (again) to 2409 of our own timeline. The USS Thresher is sent after us, but it gets destroyed in the one and only time that we've seen our Omega weapons used full scale. The Dresden steals our computer core, but dozens of myselves from the past and future come to help. The Dresden goes on to decrypt those files, transfer them to a starbase, and the files get stolen by the Orions.

Then a group of everyone I've p*ssed off tries to kill me when we come back to 2409 (again), but they all die. So we go on an operation to the Gamma quadrant, steal this Dominion ship, pin it on a Ferengi 'salvager', and get away without a second Dominion war thanks to two captains who go on to be somehow important in this time and place. We retrofit this ship and rename it USS Red October, then time jump here. And after a series of events two guys go and make a strike operation which leads to the total and complete erasing of anything pertaining to data from the ship's computer. It's all one big cause and effect. Attention everyone, confusing temporal mechanics ahead.

The original predestination paradox of me using the temporal displacer onboard the Dreadnought to send the Black Phantom to that time sent the Dreadnought to the Phantom's time, but in this timeline. It also caused certain events involving me to occur within this timeline. That means that, by my calculations, in the Z-6 sector there is a formation of seemingly dead satellites projecting a very powerful cloaking field around a drydock. Only a few of you here know that when we were attacked by those four ships, I did not destroy one of them.

Among the other devices was a projectile which appeared to be a tricobalt explosive but was in fact a probe. That probe activated the Scimitar warbird's cloaking device and pushed it away from the blasts of the other devices. I later took a shuttle, boarded the lifeless warbird, and set an automatic sequence which made it go to warp and dock at the cloaked hanger. So if I am correct, in the Z-6 sector is a cloaked drydock holding an abandoned Scimitar. It's about time I did something with the old thing.

*He finally sits back down*

Set a course for the Z-6 sector, transjump. Prepare to engage.

*Later, in the ship's lounge*

Bridge Officer 1: I think I understand what he said, but what I don't get is how he can comprehend temporal mechanics that well.

Bridge Officer 2: Well, I know that in Starfleet Academy he specialized in tactical and weapons as far as the Federation can possibly teach. But I've heard that he studied temporal mechanics on his own later on.

BO 1: But why would he? It's such a different thing.

BO 2: I'm not sure. I can't think of anything that relates the two.

BO 1: What about... what about chroniton torpedoes? I'm sure he's read about every weapon ever designed, perhaps he became intrigued by chroniton torpedoes?

BO 2: That's a good theory. Voporak has a mind for being in control, and he probably decided that-

BO 1: That he could control time.

BO 2: It all makes sense.

BO 1: The Dreadnought's partial assimilation, its destruction, and regeneration by the malfunctioning Borg temporal node.

BO 2: He must have seen the potential in it after looking at the chroniton torpedoes. If not for previous examination of them, he might've tossed the node aside.

Voporak: And so I had Jirod rig it to the warp core to see what we could do with it.

*The two officer look up suddenly to see Voporak there, smiling, hand on BO 2's chair*

BO 1: Sir!

Voporak: No need to be surprised, Lieutenant. I like it when officers work together and think about things to figure something out. I would guess that's how you two ended up as more than just crewmen.

*Voporak sits down in the chair across the table from them*

BO 1: May I ask you something, um, unusual?

Voporak: Go ahead.

BO 1: I just find odd that you are sitting with us. You usually keep to yourself.

Voporak: Many have wondered that, but none ever aloud. It's because of the things I know, which no one else knows. I keep it all to myself. (He struggles to put his thoughts into words) I guess it just permeates the rest of my life, and that leads to me being, well, me.

BO 2: Can I ask a question of a different topic?

Voporak (raising an eyebrow curiously): Sure.

BO 2: How did you become a full Admiral?

Voporak (folds his arms and smiles slightly): Because I totally dumbfounded every captain I served under with my tactical abilities.

*BO 2 looks at him, confused*

Unorthodox, seemingly suicidal, and just plain strange maneuvers which ended up winning a battles got me promoted. Starfleet Command eventually saw it fit to give me the rank of Captain, but a rather strange duty to go with it. I did not command a ship, but rather served as senior tactical officer aboard frontline warships. Command and I both knew that I was better at doing the shooting but deserved the rank. This quirky job continued through my promotion to Vice Admiral for exceptional service in battle. And then, the prototype USS Odyssey was built. While it was finishing construction, a second prototype was being made. That ship was the USS Dreadnought. Starfleet finally offered me the rank of Admiral and command of it. Naturally I accepted.

Mirra (over comm): We're at the Z-6 sector.

Voporak: Acknowledged. *He looks at BO 1* I did come here for another purpose though, and I'm convinced.

*Voporak tosses something to BO 1 and gets up, walking away. BO 1 catches it and sees the rank pip of full Lieutenant in her hand, a step up from Junior Grade. Voporak stands in the doorway and glances at BO 2*

Sorry if you liked being able to give orders to her.

*BO 2 chuckles as she watches BO 1 stare in amazement at the rank pip...

In space, the Red October moves to each satellite and activates it. Once finished, they all flash one time and the long standing cloaking field drops to reveal a huge, dark shape blotting out the stars.*

OOC: If you think it's easy to connect all those events so that everything fits together, try again. Oh, and I realized just how many times I've messed around with time.
*OOC: Also inadvertently made the Breen wandering terrorists, Newtypes awakened early and so many other deaths. You missed all that. Besides they can't run forever not with what is coming... So there are moral implications that are going to have to be addressed at some point and I think it would be interesting.*
Captain
# 7837
06-30-2013, 07:19 PM
*OOC: Retconned*

Last edited by chrisedallen89; 06-30-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Captain
# 7838
06-30-2013, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*OOC: Also inadvertently made the Breen wandering terrorists, Newtypes awakened early and so many other deaths. You missed all that. Besides they can't run forever not with what is coming... So there are moral implications that are going to have to be addressed at some point and I think it would be interesting.*
OOC: That too, but I don't like to talk about it.

Morals? Voporak more or less has none. I'd love to see a cataclysmic battle against the monstrosity of a ship that's coming... [hint] stay tuned. [/hint]
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Captain
# 7839
06-30-2013, 07:21 PM
*Elsewhere USS Dresden*

Danny: Look Cap... How the hell do you want me to react to that bit of news.. My only friend dying that is a bit much.
Captain
# 7840
06-30-2013, 07:22 PM
OOC: Retconned.
Quote:

Last edited by voporak; 06-30-2013 at 07:40 PM.