Career Officer
# 7891
07-04-2013, 09:30 AM
Ooc: very nice.

Cole walks around the bridge as the battle group is in slipspace. Tired and worn. Even he is showing signs of exhaustion.

Serina: sir there is no sign of danger perhaps you should rest.

Cole: serina I

A portal opens as Tal walks through.

Tal: admiral get some rest. I will remain here to watch.
" great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame"
Captain
# 7892
07-04-2013, 10:12 AM
*2409, somewhere in deep space. Construction teams are partially disassembling the Scimitar. Voporak and Mirra are in the ready room.*

Mirra: You know, someday you are going to have to deal with the implications of that glowing green thing in Main Engineering and the events you have used it to cause and change.

Voporak: I understand that. I'm a criminal to more factions than I can count, and then some I probably don't even know about. Maybe I could apologize to them?

Mirra: I doubt that they would accept your apology without putting a knife in your throat.

Voporak: Good point. No matter how far I can run with time, there's a limit. Someday someone's going to catch up with me. But, perhaps before then I can make a difference. War, death, and destruction plague the other timeline. It almost seems like peace is not an option.

Mirra: May I point out, sir, that every known war in history has had an end.

Voporak: Yes, you're right. I suppose that there's an end to everything.

*He pauses and thinks for a long moment*

We're going to go back. To make a difference. To end this.

*Mirra exits the room. In Voporak's head, he can here his mirror counterpart's words: Tell me, do you fear death?

In space, the detached wings of the warbird are put in place on the warp nacelle pylons of the Red October. The scimitar's "head" is fixed onto the main body of the ship, and the remaining pieces are attached onto various sections of the ship.*

Jirod (over comm): Everything's been put in place, sir. We just have to secure it and cover it in hull armor and we'll be finished.

Voporak: Good. While you're at it, prep the temporal core for jump.

Jirod: Sure thing. *After the comm channel is closed* But we just got here?

*Later, on the bridge*

Omet'etan: I am not sure if the word 'peace' exists in that era.

May: Besides, from the looks of it I doubt anyone would sit down and chat over a cup of tea.

Mirra: It all depends on their motivation for war, I guess.

Voporak: It doesn't hurt to try to talk sense.

May: In all seriousness, why would leaders, representatives, or ambassadors want to meet on a massive warship that happens to be under the control of a well-known temporal fugitive and criminal?

Voporak: It's because I'm on nobody's side, technically. It's neutral ground.

May: That is true. But I still don't think that you could get anyone to put down the weapons.

Voporak: We'll just have to see. Even if I just change the mind of one person out of one faction out of the entire galaxy, I'll have accomplished something. If I succeed, great. If I don't affect anything, oh well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Career Officer
# 7893
07-04-2013, 11:32 AM
Tal watch's as Cole walks off the bridge. He motions for the few other officers to leave. As they do jetran appears near him.

Jetran: these people are strong willed.

Tal: yes they are it may be the one trait that powers them to survive the war.

They both stand there a moment jetran looks to Tal.

Jetran: could you have made that thing any bigger.

Tal: I made it the needed size.

Jetran: never mind.
" great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame"
Captain
# 7894
07-04-2013, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*Operation: Firebird.

Zero Hour +1.

Objective Delta. Sabre Squad are finishing up with setting up the forward Communications Centre when they hear a Starship break the sound barrier above them. They rush to the window, seeing the Marine Assault Ships above them.*

Scorch: ...I'm guessing the Alliance ships in orbit consist of derelict hulks and debris right about now.

Hax: Never seen a Marine Assault Ship drop down this low.

Riot: Makes the deployment easier.

Scorch: So... we now have an effective orbital blockade as well as an invasion force on the ground. Who else thinks the Torvakans will be surrendering soon?

Rex *Over Comm*: Sabre Squad, this is Rex. Please respond.

Scorch: We hear you, sir.

Rex *Over Comm*: Sorry to leave you with no leave time, but I need an Assault Team to recover multiple HVIs and you were the first one I thought of.

Scorch: Understood. What's the deal?

Rex *Over Comm*: I'll meet you at the Space Port to go over the details. Fordo out.

*In Orbit. The R.S.S. Republic, Churchill, and Commonwealth are holding side-by-side. This is the first time that more than 2 Matthew Neilson-Class Starships have been in one place at the same time. It's a sure sign the the Matthew Neilson-Class is entering full-fledged production as the Republic's new Flagship Class. The Matthew Neilson-Class's designs have even been taken for reference purposes in a program to bring out a whole line of Starship Classes filling multiple roles, using several of the new technologies presented in the Matthew Neilson.*

OOC: I think I'd just like to reiterate just how special the Matthew Neilson-Class is to the Republic Naval R&D Division, as well as in the Tactical Role.

The Matthew Neilson-Class was originally conceived as a test-bed for many of the new technologies that have made it a formidable opponent, planning for it to become a Heavy Cruiser to replace the Republic-Class in the Fleet Support role, which the Republic-Class had been relegated to with the mass production of the Titan-Class.

The Matthew Neilson was designed to be a Class that could remain viable for over a century, using a fully modular component structure (this also makes repairs on the actual structure easier) so it could be constantly updated with new technology. This was especially evident with the vessel's Matter-Antimatter Modules; miniature MA Reactors which could supply the same power as the Ship's entire Fusion Reactor Plant. The idea was that these would fill the role that the Subspace Coil was also designed for; lowering the power output requirement on the Warp Core in an effort to save dilithium reserves. The MAMs would serve to power non-essential systems so the Fusion Reactors could power more primary systems, so the Warp Core could power less.

Another advent of the Matthew Neilson-Class was its long-range Fold-Jump Drive, capable of hopping a distance of 10,000 LY at once - far beyond any jump any other vessel in the Galaxy was capable of at the time, and even now.

The Class also pioneers the Republic's latest armour package; the Energy Emissive Armour Plating lines the ship's hull, refracting all forms of thermal energy (when they say "energy weapons" effectively what they mean is highly focused plasma gas and/or radiation. Phasers use a mix of Nadion Radiation combined with Weapons Plasma. Klingon Disruptors use Anti-Protons and Weapons Plasma. The Dominion uses Polaron radiation. The Romulans use volatile but focused Warp Plasma. I'm starting to ramble now, so back to the rundown) and most forms of radiation. Combined with the Quadrotanium Armour Plating reinforcing that, this Class becomes a serious contender in any fleet engagement.

All these systems were intended to be fitted to all Republic Ships-of-the-Line across the board, save the drastically ageing Republic-Class, but they work much more efficiently aboard the Matthew Neilson, as it was designed specifically to use them.

When the Iconian threat emerged with the subjugation of the Federation, it was shown that no one in the Galaxy was anywhere near capable of fighting them, with the loss of 754 of 758 Republic, Federation, Klingon and Romulan vessels. As a result, the R.S.S. Kilattin was fitted with experimental Zero-Point Cannons and re-christened R.S.S. Republic.

The Civil War saw even more advanced technologies designed with the intent of complementing the Matthew Neilson-Class, aided by her "Update-Friendly" Modular System, such as the Zero-Point Beams, Deutronium-Ablative Armour, and Neutronium-Emissive Armour system. These upgrades have made the Matthew Neilson-Class the most heavily armed and defended Battleship ever built by the Republic, and one of the most heavily armed in the Quadrant.

The prospect of designing an entire Fleet based on the Matthew Neilson-Class could be the single-most influential thing in tipping the balance of power in the Republic's favour. However, many of these vessels haven't even been designed yet, and are still several years from being a reality.

And yes, I went back to the Matthew Neilson-Class's introduction AND the post where we basically trepanned the holy hell out of our fleets to fight in the civil war just to write this post.

Oh, and to clarify, I won't be introducing most of the Matthew Neilson's Sister-Classes until after the 20-year time-skip.

Now, some may be wondering "why no new-type support?". Simple - New-Types are only seen within the human race. Despite my overt bias towards humans (I mean, be honest, we all are), Humans are not the most prominent race in the Republic. Save a few Earth colonies that joined the Republic (and DS61), there are not as many humans in the Republic as other species, such as the Dalosians, Betans, and Talaxians. The cost of New-Type Weapons research and manufacture simply isn't outweighed by the gains.

Anyway, tell me what you think.
OOC: Impressive... I can see why the Republic is a fleet to be feared. Also why they just don't use many Newtype based weapons. Also goes to show I think that we need a bit more diversity among the Newtypes of other races as they do exist we just never really delved into it like I hoped. We should explore it at some point perhaps after the 20 year skip. I do have the concept in mind but I think a scale for Newtypes should be used? Perhaps?
Captain
# 7895
07-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
*2409, somewhere in deep space. Construction teams are partially disassembling the Scimitar. Voporak and Mirra are in the ready room.*

Mirra: You know, someday you are going to have to deal with the implications of that glowing green thing in Main Engineering and the events you have used it to cause and change.

Voporak: I understand that. I'm a criminal to more factions than I can count, and then some I probably don't even know about. Maybe I could apologize to them?

Mirra: I doubt that they would accept your apology without putting a knife in your throat.

Voporak: Good point. No matter how far I can run with time, there's a limit. Someday someone's going to catch up with me. But, perhaps before then I can make a difference. War, death, and destruction plague the other timeline. It almost seems like peace is not an option.

Mirra: May I point out, sir, that every known war in history has had an end.

Voporak: Yes, you're right. I suppose that there's an end to everything.

*He pauses and thinks for a long moment*

We're going to go back. To make a difference. To end this.

*Mirra exits the room. In Voporak's head, he can here his mirror counterpart's words: Tell me, do you fear death?

In space, the detached wings of the warbird are put in place on the warp nacelle pylons of the Red October. The scimitar's "head" is fixed onto the main body of the ship, and the remaining pieces are attached onto various sections of the ship.*

Jirod (over comm): Everything's been put in place, sir. We just have to secure it and cover it in hull armor and we'll be finished.

Voporak: Good. While you're at it, prep the temporal core for jump.

Jirod: Sure thing. *After the comm channel is closed* But we just got here?

*Later, on the bridge*

Omet'etan: I am not sure if the word 'peace' exists in that era.

May: Besides, from the looks of it I doubt anyone would sit down and chat over a cup of tea.

Mirra: It all depends on their motivation for war, I guess.

Voporak: It doesn't hurt to try to talk sense.

May: In all seriousness, why would leaders, representatives, or ambassadors want to meet on a massive warship that happens to be under the control of a well-known temporal fugitive and criminal?

Voporak: It's because I'm on nobody's side, technically. It's neutral ground.

May: That is true. But I still don't think that you could get anyone to put down the weapons.

Voporak: We'll just have to see. Even if I just change the mind of one person out of one faction out of the entire galaxy, I'll have accomplished something. If I succeed, great. If I don't affect anything, oh well.
*OOC: May I say interesting.. But not just yet... A certain character I wish present is not quite walking yet. I like the idea.*
Captain
# 7896
07-04-2013, 10:39 PM
*The Alpha Centuari station, the home of the innovades... the beings linked to Cortana and hub of Federation R&D... The Innovades have been here for over ten years working and sweating to help the people they wronged. But since M's demise they have been docile.. and dutiful... The station now has a shipyard for experimental and developing Starships for Federation use.

Admiral Bright is here with his vessel Ra Cailum *Freedom class* *

Bright: So Doctor.. When do you surmise this test will start?

Doctor Gan'nor: *Romulan* It will be ready soon.. It is surprising how Dr. Holtz has been forthcoming about his advances and discoveries...

Bright: I never met the man personally... Though I have heard he is a bit...

Gan'nor: Touched?

Bright: Not the phrase I would have used but close enough... He is brilliant but the lack of social graces can be off putting... as well as the smell.

Gan'nor: *is handed a pad by a female innovade* Thank you. The test on the new systems are going to be ready soon... Your comrades from the Dresden and Excalibur are already here.

Bright: Good I hope to debrief them...
Captain
# 7897
07-05-2013, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*OOC: May I say interesting.. But not just yet... A certain character I wish present is not quite walking yet. I like the idea.*
OOC: I've got all the time in the world. I can hop in whenever you want me too.
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
Career Officer
# 7898
07-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Jacob sits in his lab looking at the data.

Roland: sir may I remind you we need to do something to continue your incoming funds. Perhaps contracts with either the federation or republic on some light suit versions.

Jacob: not now Roland we have this to deal with first. Let's classify it as bio metric. So let's assume that if it's introduced to another bio metric or bio mass it overrides the natural DNA and changes the base molecular level of the host.

Roland: with out seeing the process sir it is only speculation.

Jacob: but what if we had someone dead or almost dead and introduced the nanites into them.

Roland: I cannot say.

Ooc: will be back in 4 hours.
Captain
# 7899
07-05-2013, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
OOC: I've got all the time in the world. I can hop in whenever you want me too.
OOC: Some time after the 20 year skip during a certain ark.

Last edited by chrisedallen89; 07-05-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Captain
# 7900
07-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
OOC: Though not sure you want to jump in after the 20 year skip.
Time's a tricky toy. (See what I did there?! ) In calculating a temporal jump, the core is accurate but not perfect at putting the ship exactly where Voporak wants it to be. We can just write it off as a major fluctuation in the temporal core's timestream placement.

As for wanting to be there, hell yeah. Nothing like showing up uninvited after going missing (again?) for two decades.
Quote: