Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,358
# 7951
07-10-2013, 10:44 PM
*29th century. The USS Thresher-A has just been commissioned and its mission is the same as its predecessor: to find and apprehend Voporak.*

Science officer: Captain, temporal sensors are showing a trans-dimensional time jump in progress. It's different though. It appears that fluctuation in his temporal core is causing his ship to end up 20 years after the time period he was aiming for.

Captain John: Good. We can hitch a ride on his jump. Signal the fleet.

Communications officer: Done.

Science officer: There's something else.

John: Yes?

Science officer: Normally when he makes a jump, once he is in that timeline his ship is paced within the timestream is a microfraction of second. However, since it is 'slipping', the jump will be detectable. Most ships and space stations won't even notice a thing, but if there's someone there who's closely scanning for temporal disturbances within that 20 year period, they'll find something. Not much, simply a disturbance in the natural flow of time.

John: That is interesting... but I am not worried about it. All I care about is that we are there when he shows up.

*In the Sol system, no less than 17 Mobius class warships (which includes the Thresher) and 13 Wells class timeships are assembled. New upgrades have been put in to try to defend against the Omega weaponry.*

Chief of Temporal Investigations (over comm to the fleet): Good luck everyone. I remind you, your orders are to disable his ship as soon as you can put a lock on it. I want him back here alive. If at all possible, avoid contact with anything or anyone in the timeline. Move out.

*The ships form a temporal grid to synchronize their maneuver. All 30 power up and shift out of the timestream, and subsequently lock onto the Red October's jump in progress. When he drops down to normal space, so will the fleet...*

OOC: This second part is more to remind myself of the ship's capabilities, since it (ironically) has almost never seen battle (I hope to change that sometime).

*2409, before the temporal jump. In deep space, beyond the range of any sensors, Voporak is running a test of the ship's systems.*

Voporak: Prepare target one.

*The Black Phantom moves into an attack position as the Red October tractors a probe to a set coordinate*

Standby all antiproton weapons and quantum torpedoes. Fire on my mark. Attack pattern Delta 4.

*The ship flies quickly around to face the probe*

Fire.

*The ship lets loose cannon shots antiproton bursts, along with a torpedo. The Phantom flies through the following explosion.*

Omet'etan: Destroyed. Easily.

Voporak: Prepare target group two.

*Several armed probes are dragged into place*

Attack pattern Omega 2.

*Flying at sickening speed, the Phantom speeds through the field of probes firing phaser bursts. As it comes around, it destroys the probes one by one while avoiding most of their fire.*

Vranlek: Well that was fun.

Voporak: I agree. Standby the enhanced Omega weapons.

Omet'etan: Sir, the enhanced weapons are only in the testing phase.

Voporak: I am aware of that. But if this works, it will be a great addition to our arsenal.

Omet'etan: Online, sir.

Voporak: Prepare target three.

*The Red October moves into position a shuttlecraft*

Omet'etan: Ready.

Voporak: Attack pattern Alpha 1. Fire when we're lined up.

*The ship comes around to face directly at the shuttle. The cannon ports on the sides of the nacelles glow brightly for a very brief moment before releasing an ominous twin burst of blackish-purple energy. It strikes the shuttle head-on and the sheer power blows right past the shields. The altered Omega particles tear apart the matter of the shuttle, and in the process cause the core to breach. It leaves behind a massive explosion which utterly obliterates the shuttle. The unexpectedly large blast hits the Red October, parked at a seemingly safe distance from a normal core breach, making it do a barrel roll in space but otherwise causes no noticeable damage. The Phantom uses its speed to get away from the shockwave.*

Jirod (Commanding the Red October): And here I thought we were well out of danger. That was one hell of an explosion.

Voporak: What you saw was the altered Omega particles tearing up matter. If it did something to the antimatter, I don't know. All I can tell you is that it works.

Jirod: Sure does.

Voporak: Prepare for re-docking. Voporak out.

*The Phantom activates its thrusters and moves back inside the floating fortress.*

Voporak (back on the bridge of the Red October): Now that that's over, let's get underway with combining the warbird and this ship into one nasty weapon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,371
# 7952
07-11-2013, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
*29th century. The USS Thresher-A has just been commissioned and its mission is the same as its predecessor: to find and apprehend Voporak.*

Science officer: Captain, temporal sensors are showing a trans-dimensional time jump in progress. It's different though. It appears that fluctuation in his temporal core is causing his ship to end up 20 years after the time period he was aiming for.

Captain John: Good. We can hitch a ride on his jump. Signal the fleet.

Communications officer: Done.

Science officer: There's something else.

John: Yes?

Science officer: Normally when he makes a jump, once he is in that timeline his ship is paced within the timestream is a microfraction of second. However, since it is 'slipping', the jump will be detectable. Most ships and space stations won't even notice a thing, but if there's someone there who's closely scanning for temporal disturbances within that 20 year period, they'll find something. Not much, simply a disturbance in the natural flow of time.

John: That is interesting... but I am not worried about it. All I care about is that we are there when he shows up.

*In the Sol system, no less than 17 Mobius class warships (which includes the Thresher) and 13 Wells class timeships are assembled. New upgrades have been put in to try to defend against the Omega weaponry.*

Chief of Temporal Investigations (over comm to the fleet): Good luck everyone. I remind you, your orders are to disable his ship as soon as you can put a lock on it. I want him back here alive. If at all possible, avoid contact with anything or anyone in the timeline. Move out.

*The ships form a temporal grid to synchronize their maneuver. All 30 power up and shift out of the timestream, and subsequently lock onto the Red October's jump in progress. When he drops down to normal space, so will the fleet...*

OOC: This second part is more to remind myself of the ship's capabilities, since it (ironically) has almost never seen battle (I hope to change that sometime).

*2409, before the temporal jump. In deep space, beyond the range of any sensors, Voporak is running a test of the ship's systems.*

Voporak: Prepare target one.

*The Black Phantom moves into an attack position as the Red October tractors a probe to a set coordinate*

Standby all antiproton weapons and quantum torpedoes. Fire on my mark. Attack pattern Delta 4.

*The ship flies quickly around to face the probe*

Fire.

*The ship lets loose cannon shots antiproton bursts, along with a torpedo. The Phantom flies through the following explosion.*

Omet'etan: Destroyed. Easily.

Voporak: Prepare target group two.

*Several armed probes are dragged into place*

Attack pattern Omega 2.

*Flying at sickening speed, the Phantom speeds through the field of probes firing phaser bursts. As it comes around, it destroys the probes one by one while avoiding most of their fire.*

Vranlek: Well that was fun.

Voporak: I agree. Standby the enhanced Omega weapons.

Omet'etan: Sir, the enhanced weapons are only in the testing phase.

Voporak: I am aware of that. But if this works, it will be a great addition to our arsenal.

Omet'etan: Online, sir.

Voporak: Prepare target three.

*The Red October moves into position a shuttlecraft*

Omet'etan: Ready.

Voporak: Attack pattern Alpha 1. Fire when we're lined up.

*The ship comes around to face directly at the shuttle. The cannon ports on the sides of the nacelles glow brightly for a very brief moment before releasing an ominous twin burst of blackish-purple energy. It strikes the shuttle head-on and the sheer power blows right past the shields. The altered Omega particles tear apart the matter of the shuttle, and in the process cause the core to breach. It leaves behind a massive explosion which utterly obliterates the shuttle. The unexpectedly large blast hits the Red October, parked at a seemingly safe distance from a normal core breach, making it do a barrel roll in space but otherwise causes no noticeable damage. The Phantom uses its speed to get away from the shockwave.*

Jirod (Commanding the Red October): And here I thought we were well out of danger. That was one hell of an explosion.

Voporak: What you saw was the altered Omega particles tearing up matter. If it did something to the antimatter, I don't know. All I can tell you is that it works.

Jirod: Sure does.

Voporak: Prepare for re-docking. Voporak out.

*The Phantom activates its thrusters and moves back inside the floating fortress.*

Voporak (back on the bridge of the Red October): Now that that's over, let's get underway with combining the warbird and this ship into one nasty weapon.
OOC: Don't worry we will be seeing more of these guys again later when we have the person that can actually go through without the need of a core. So hey give me and Ryan some heads up and I think we can come up with something.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,358
# 7953
07-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
OOC: Don't worry we will be seeing more of these guys again later when we have the person that can actually go through without the need of a core. So hey give me and Ryan some heads up and I think we can come up with something.
OOC: Uh... who is 'these guys', exactly? ... I'm just setting stuff up on my end for after the 20 year jump thing.

Something tells me that you're going to bring in someone who's not fond of Voporak messing around with time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,371
# 7954
07-11-2013, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
OOC: Uh... who is 'these guys', exactly? ... I'm just setting stuff up on my end for after the 20 year jump thing.

Something tells me that you're going to bring in someone who's not fond of Voporak messing around with time.
OOC: It is a little loose but I dunno as it is Ryan's character really. As for the people not liking Voporak he done it well enough on his own sorta.. Though Bright is not so much a hard military man same goes for Dorman even though Voporak may not like him... Its kinda a rock and a hard place but don't rule them out doing something that may keep him going... or at least keeping people from killing him or even them...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,272
# 7955
07-11-2013, 09:48 PM
OOC: sorry had a long day between class and work ok back to cole i will post a rather large segment soon
" great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame"
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,272
# 7956
07-11-2013, 11:46 PM
Cole stands in the hanger as most of the crew is seated in the hangar as well as tal and jetran are on the bridge.

Cole gets up and stands on the small platform.

Cole: I dont really know how to say this so we will just get started. WE have been through hell nad back and gone back through hell. WE have all lost loved ones and what we call home is now occupied territory. Each day we have fewer ships and men. I will not lie to you. It doesnt look good. But whats left of the insurrection has offered us to join them. And they have said they will help any way they can. I am prepared to accept there offer. We will not give up. WE will hold the line against this darkness and we will face the oncoming storm no matter its strength. If that means we must perish so that a few may live so be it. Most of you had fought in the covenant war. WE all know whats at stake. If we do nothing our homes remain occupied territory. If we fight we most certainly will die. But we can either die on our fight and refuse to go quitely into the night or sit and let the darkness overwhelm us. I will not force you to fight with me but know that even if we die in our battle we had a cause that we believed in and where willing to fight and die for. And we will force our enemy to remember that we refused to go quitely!

The crew gathered in the hangar stands up and lets out a cheer as they go back to there stations with a renewed vigor.

Tal walks up to Cole.

Tal: a good speach

Cole: thanks
" great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame"
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,371
# 7957
07-12-2013, 12:02 AM
*Stane watches the machine, the portal above it is brimming as if it is ready to receive its first invasion in over a century... He spies on Tara who is in a small chamber attached to the machine not dead but being used as a power source... Her pain is gone but she can't stop what is happening.. All he can do is wait for the Old Gods to make their return for the first time in thousands of years. But in the mean time he knows of several artifacts left here by the old gods and of their locations... Also who is already indoctrinated.. He smiles as he knows but will just wait for their commands..*

Stane: I hold the strings like a puppet master. *He looks to the other person with him *

Go and prepare for their arrival in your sector. Unsuspected... The more disarray the better...

*Kai enters as the hooded figure drops her hood to reveal an orion * OOC: Don't worry she is a sleeper agent, I am sure you can do that well enough.* *

Kai: What is the next project?

Stane: I want you to tell our friends in the republic that it is their time to continue this disarray but not yet make our appearance known... But for them to know they are coming...

Kai: Yes Sir...

Stane: They are in perfect position to cause what we want... See that it is done.

Kai: Of course.

Stane: Just remember those implants and operation saved your life..

Kai: Oh I know.. I can't thank you enough for them..
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,272
# 7958
07-12-2013, 09:28 AM
Jacob and ultron float in space.

Jacob: so ultron have you found our target yet.

Ultron: the location is down to 500 different locations.
" great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame"
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,584
# 7959
07-12-2013, 12:58 PM
*R.S.S. Republic, Sam's Quarters. Sam is lying down on the couch writing on a PADD. She stops for a moment, reading back what she just wrote mentally. Shen then erases a few words by crossing through them before writing the revised sentence.*

OOC: I don't know if you guys remember, but a long time ago I mentioned that Sam was writing a novel. I've alluded to it several times since, but I want to actually blatantly show that she's doing it.

*Suddenly, she hears her comm terminal chirp.*

Sam: Computer, identify caller and transmission type.

Computer: 2 callers: Admiral Ramez - Republic Naval Command, BetaComm. Director Daniel Mason, Office of State Security, Central Office, Dalos Alpha Prime.

Call type: Holographic.

*Sam sighs before standing up, dropping the PADD on the couch and straightening up her uniform.*

Sam: Decode and accept.

*The holographic images of Ramez and Mason fade in.*

Admiral, Director.

Ramez: Captain. How's the book coming?

Sam: Okay... sorta. You didn't call just to ask about that?

Mason: Unfortunately, no. While on a mission, one of our agents managed to find a lead on Stane.

Sam: Stane? We were looking for Stane?

Ramez: Don't play dumb Sam. We want him as well. He sold weapons and a whole new Starship design to the Orion Syndicate. You don't think that pisses us off? Combine that with temporal violations and, I can tell you, we are none too pleased.

Mason: My agent's been deep undercover on New Sydney as a D.W.

Sam: A Deep Watcher?

Mason: When he hears something regarding a Republic Operation, he lets us know. A spy at the most basic level, an informant on another, but really it requires an entirely different classification.

Sam: So what did he find?

Mason: We knew that Stane had gotten his hands on some kind of nanotech. Our agent has discovered that he is working with a nanotechnology expert hiding on New Sydney as a consultant.

Sam: Who?

Mason: A Dr Matheson.

Sam: Matheson?

*Angry* Dr Jacques Matheson?

Mason: Yes.

Ramez: Who is he?

Mason: He's--

Sam: He's the son of a b*tch that experimented on me in the D.I.S.! The b*stard that turned me into Archangel!

Mason: Put in colourful terms... yeah.

Captain, we need Matheson alive if we're going to find Stane.

*Sam clenches her fists, forcing her eyes shut.*

Sam *suppressed anger*: Do you have any idea what he did to me?

Mason: Captain, you want Stane as well. You need Matheson if you want to find Stane. What's more important to you? A vendetta, or stopping a madman?

*Sam walks over and forces her eyes open.*

Sam *suppressed anger*: I'll keep in touch.

*She shuts down the channel before walking to the window. She then taps her combadge.*

Bridge, set course for New Sydney, Warp 8.
My Fan Fictions

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,272
# 7960
07-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Ooc: him how to proceed
" great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame"
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:30 PM.