Career Officer
# 8091
07-20-2013, 12:40 AM
OOC will be on after 5pm central tomorrow maybe earlier if i get on before work
" great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame"
Career Officer
# 8092
07-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Ooc well if any one else is ready I am ready.
" great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame"
Starfleet Veteran
# 8093
07-20-2013, 01:54 PM
*December 31, 2531. 22:00 Hours Earth Standard Time.

Republic Information Network (R.I.N.) News Broadcast.

A reporter is standing in front of a river in Kasarr City, Dalos Alpha Prime. There is a massive district of skyscrapers across the river and there are hovercraft, shuttles, hoppers and skimmers travelling all across the scene as the sun sets.*

Republic Reporter 1: Preparations continue tonight in anticipation for the New Year, which promises to bring only good things for the Republic, with a full colonisation effort of the Pegasus Galaxy planned to begin in the coming Spring.

The President is due to give a speech after the New Year begins here on Dalos Alpha, with a 2 hour display to accommodate both the Terran and Dalosian New Year's celebrations.

On Deep Space 61 and worlds across the Republic, anticipation is high as the 1st Fleet is supposed to commence a major tour across all of Republic Space, starting from DS61 and travelling all the way up to New Talax before returning to Dalos Alpha Prime over the course of a 1-year trip.

However, the Republic are not the only ones with special plans for the New Year. Mark Langston is on Earth to report.

*The Scene cuts to San Francisco, with another reporter standing on a balcony, showing the incredible sight of Starfleet Headquarters, Starfleet Communications and the Golden Gate Bridge, along with other less notable landmarks.*

Republic Reporter 2: Thanks Lindsey. Indeed, the Federation is eager to celebrate the Terran and Bolian New Years. With it being less than a year since the end of Preston's reign and the Civil War, the Federation is looking forward to moving ahead. The United Galactic Convention has allowed the Federation to finally breathe a sigh of relief, knowing that they are surrounded by friends.

People from all over the Federation are here on Earth, from Tellar, Andoria, Alpha Centauri, Terra Nova, Bajor, Sherman's Planet and all the way as far as Archanis to be here for the celebrations.

*R.S.S. Republic, Ready Room. Sam and David are watching the news feed.*

David: Sounds like quite the party.

Sam: Yeah.

David: I hear it's even bigger on Khitomer.

Sam: Khitomer New Year isn't for another week!

David: Right...

Well, I hear it's going to be a hell of a show.

*Sam leans back in her chair, chuckling lightly.*

Sam: David, you have no idea! Every year there are festivals all day! You've got Tal'kara stones, fireworks, music, dancing, and food and drinks from a thousand different worlds! I remember going to New Vienna as a kid with my Dad. I was only 10 years old. The Tal'kara lights were spectacular!

Out of everything I miss from back home, that has to be the biggest thing.

David: I bet you wanna go home for the celebration then?

Sam: Yeah. Y'know, it's been nearly 8 years since I last saw a Tal'kara stone? Hell, it's been 8 years since I last saw a New Year's celebration back home!

*She stops for a moment, pushing the memory of being with her father out of her mind; she didn't want to think about him - didn't want to remember how he lied to her. She then looked up at David.*

What about you?

David: Huh?

Sam: Where are you from, David? I mean, we've known each other for nearly 10 years now, and you've been my XO for half that time.

David: Oh, right. Not much to tell really. I was born on DS61 - went to the Naval Academy as soon as I was old enough - qualified as an Operations and Command Officer by the time I left. You know the rest.

Sam: So you were born on the Station?

David: Yep. Grew up there too. Terran New Year was what we celebrated back there.

In all honesty, the only reason the Republic celebrates Terran New Year is because about a quarter of the Republic's general populous is Human or another Federation Race.

Sam: You know Dalosian New Year is at the same time. Betan New Year is in a month...

David: And Khitomer New Year is next week, I know.

I've always wanted to see the Khitomer New Year's festival.

Sam: Well ask T'mar. I'm sure she'd like to visit home as much as I do.

David: You got plans with Captain Forrester then?

Sam: Actually... I haven't had a chance to think about it until now. Maybe when Stane's dealt with and behind bars.

David: Right. I'll go and--

Dana *Over Comm*: Captain Allington to the Bridge!

*R.S.S. Republic, Bridge. Sam steps off the Turbolift and sees a small transport on the viewscreen, with blue republic markings.*

Sam: Who is it?

Dana: Secret Service. I don't know what they want, Captain.

Sam: Open a cha--

T'mar *telepathically*: Sam...

*Sam turns around to look at T'mar.*

Sam: Lieutenant?

T'mar: I'm not getting much from that ship - they must have a New-Type trying to jam me - but I'm definitely feeling some emotions. Most prominently; deception.

Sam: What...?

*She turns back to the main screen.*

T'mar: Sam, don't ask me why, but I think you should let Commander Santiago take this call.

*Sam looks at David, who nods.*

Sam: Alright.

David: Go back into your Ready Room. If they ask for you, I'll let you know.

*Sam goes back to her Ready Room.*

Open a channel.

Ops: Channel open.

David: This is Commander David Santiago of the R.S.S. Republic. How may we help you today?
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 8094
07-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Jacob sits in his quarters watching the news reports waiting to hear from the team.
Career Officer
# 8095
07-20-2013, 05:47 PM
OOC: allen have a few ideas to i will pm them shortly
Captain
# 8096
07-20-2013, 08:54 PM
FNC Reporter: This just in through the presidential office.. President Fry is..

*President Fry comes up in front of the people joyful *

Fry: Denizens of the galaxy.. I have news that should bring great news for all of us. Especially for the new year. With a new government on Khitomer and peace restored, we have been excavating in the last few vestiges of the Milky Way galaxy... What we have found is incredible in the Khazon Cluster..

*Images show of a massive space station with four massive arms, the entire thing running on low power and in remarkably good shape.*

This station a Citadel has been adrift in the vestiges of the cluster for thousands of years and is still operating.. and in remarkable condition thanks to their guardian keepers.. As a gesture of goodwill for the Khitomer government we are hereby giving this station to them as a symbol of unity and a symbol of cooperation..

We have also renewed talks with the Klingon Empire for friendship and trade between our two people as well as a mutual defense pact. As for the Tholians now looking for a new home I will put forward at the start of sessions to turn them over to the Khitomer government as a protected people to make the Citadel a home for every being in the galaxy.

Thank you and have a Happy New Year.

*OOC: In case you forgot Ryan Stane did set up the meeting Sam just needs to check her messages. He is basically calling them. Plus I will get into the Citadel in a moment but consider the gift he made to them by giving them and everyone a place to speak, live, a jewel of the galaxy, proof of civilization... *

Last edited by chrisedallen89; 07-20-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Captain
# 8097
07-20-2013, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
OOC: allen have a few ideas to i will pm them shortly
OOC: Alright man. I am executing one right now for later down the road but I wanted to most of all show that the Federation is turning a new leaf.. As Playing the corruption is getting old and any big government will have it.
Career Officer
# 8098
07-20-2013, 08:56 PM
OOC: well while we wait to get stane ( tomorrow after about noon central ill be on so that would be a great time if we can )

Cole stands on the bridge of the infinity

Serina: sir all ships report they are ready for operation hit the fan.

Cole: very good serina all hands prepare for slip space jump bring shields and all weapons systems online.

Officer: aye sir vringing systems online now

The bridge becomes a hub of motion as orders are relayed and confirmed as ships make the jump from all over to one location.

Cole: alright everyone lets bring down he inter galatic gateway we dont want to make there job of leaving here any easier then we can.

Serina: i should point out that any chance of regrouping with the rest of the unsc in the milky way will be severly hampered with out that gate.
Career Officer
# 8099
07-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Jacob watchs the reports on the news networks while waiting.

Jacob: roland run that station through your database see if there is anything odd about it.

Roland: aye sir should i redirect one of our satelites to it and see if we can get a closer scan

Jacob: yeah do that i want to know what that is .

He gets up and walks around

Jacob : any thing new at stanes provided location

Roland: it would appear activity has increased in the are and energy reading are still odd sir.

Jacob: then the rest of them better get here soon or we will have to form a team out of what we got.
Captain
# 8100
07-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
OOC: well while we wait to get stane ( tomorrow after about noon central ill be on so that would be a great time if we can )

Cole stands on the bridge of the infinity

Serina: sir all ships report they are ready for operation hit the fan.

Cole: very good serina all hands prepare for slip space jump bring shields and all weapons systems online.

Officer: aye sir vringing systems online now

The bridge becomes a hub of motion as orders are relayed and confirmed as ships make the jump from all over to one location.

Cole: alright everyone lets bring down he inter galatic gateway we dont want to make there job of leaving here any easier then we can.

Serina: i should point out that any chance of regrouping with the rest of the unsc in the milky way will be severly hampered with out that gate.
*A Universe class vessel arrives infront of them under a banner of peace. Dwarfing many of their vessels the Federation envoy arrives to meet the UNSC survivors. Cole*

Captain Cortez: Welcome to the galaxy... we have come to welcome you and we are noticing a lot of damage on your hulls... are you in need of assistance?