Captain
# 8111
07-20-2013, 10:53 PM
Cortez: *Looks at the images* Looks like you entered a brutal area of space. Are you from this area of space?
Career Officer
# 8112
07-20-2013, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
Cortez: *Looks at the images* Looks like you entered a brutal area of space. Are you from this area of space?
Cole : we are but they.... those monsters arent. The UNSC used to control about 90% of this galaxy. What we didnt was controlled by a faction know as the inssurectionist. Nowi have only a handful of ships left to fight for what we once called home. Our setimates but us at the war with the covenant and now this one at having lost over 45 billion people.
Phil Coulson: And back up isn't coming. It'll be just the four of us. We'll be outmanned and outgunned. But Fury always said... a man can accomplish anything when he realizes he's a part of something bigger. A team of people who share that conviction can change the world. So, what do you say? You ready to change the world?
Captain
# 8113
07-20-2013, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Cole : we are but they.... those monsters arent. The UNSC used to control about 90% of this galaxy. What we didnt was controlled by a faction know as the inssurectionist. Nowi have only a handful of ships left to fight for what we once called home. Our setimates but us at the war with the covenant and now this one at having lost over 45 billion people.
Cortez: Have you attempted peace talks with these "monsters" ? Do you know how many there are? Also what is their goal?

From what I have seen which is not very substantial I can assume that you are among the last of your people?
Career Officer
# 8114
07-20-2013, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Cortez: Have you attempted peace talks with these "monsters" ? Do you know how many there are? Also what is their goal?

From what I have seen which is not very substantial I can assume that you are among the last of your people?
Cole: captain have you ever tried talking to something that is nothing but bent on your apprent destruction. As far as i know there could be ten of them or there could be millions. Hell all I know is when some race called the iconians came in they tore there ships to shreds just like ours. How do you try to negotiate with something like that captain. When they destroy everything we spent the last 10 years fighting to have these come in and destroy it all in a blink of an eye...

Cole catchs himself as he realizes he was starting to shout. he lowers his head as he unclenches his fist.

Cole: im sorry captain. Its been a long few weeks
Phil Coulson: And back up isn't coming. It'll be just the four of us. We'll be outmanned and outgunned. But Fury always said... a man can accomplish anything when he realizes he's a part of something bigger. A team of people who share that conviction can change the world. So, what do you say? You ready to change the world?
Captain
# 8115
07-20-2013, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Cole: captain have you ever tried talking to something that is nothing but bent on your apprent destruction. As far as i know there could be ten of them or there could be millions. Hell all I know is when some race called the iconians came in they tore there ships to shreds just like ours. How do you try to negotiate with something like that captain. When they destroy everything we spent the last 10 years fighting to have these come in and destroy it all in a blink of an eye...

Cole catchs himself as he realizes he was starting to shout. he lowers his head as he unclenches his fist.

Cole: im sorry captain. Its been a long few weeks
Cortez: That is fair.. I asked because there has been a lot of Dark matter build up over the last century in the Milky Way.. Have your scientists noticed that at all in your galaxy? Right now we know of one star that is aging prematurely which it should not be doing.

I guess it is my turn.

What we are testing is a new engine.. Something new.. Something to eventually replace our warp systems. The warp drive we use mainly has been causing problems in subspace since we are advancing very quickly... This new drive core is made of something that Holtz recently found while working on his experiments. Element Zero... It creates a field that acts like a black hole but instead of crushing us and breaking us like a usual one. It sends us off at FTL speeds greater than Warp drive could dream. Its not instantaneous but Holtz is working on that as well. Our first jump lead us out here... But the problem I could explain is that we give off drained Element zero that degrades and creates a sort of stealth field.

Not all the kinks are worked out. But I think we can manage to inform you that we did pick up an intact gateway not far from here.. If you take it your people should make it to the Milky Way and away from these things that chase you..

If you need it we will keep watch and make sure you have some sort of cover and be able to find Element Zero here in the asteroids. But I suggest you do it now before they find you again.
Career Officer
# 8116
07-20-2013, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Cortez: That is fair.. I asked because there has been a lot of Dark matter build up over the last century in the Milky Way.. Have your scientists noticed that at all in your galaxy? Right now we know of one star that is aging prematurely which it should not be doing.

I guess it is my turn.

What we are testing is a new engine.. Something new.. Something to eventually replace our warp systems. The warp drive we use mainly has been causing problems in subspace since we are advancing very quickly... This new drive core is made of something that Holtz recently found while working on his experiments. Element Zero... It creates a field that acts like a black hole but instead of crushing us and breaking us like a usual one. It sends us off at FTL speeds greater than Warp drive could dream. Its not instantaneous but Holtz is working on that as well. Our first jump lead us out here... But the problem I could explain is that we give off drained Element zero that degrades and creates a sort of stealth field.

Not all the kinks are worked out. But I think we can manage to inform you that we did pick up an intact gateway not far from here.. If you take it your people should make it to the Milky Way and away from these things that chase you..

If you need it we will keep watch and make sure you have some sort of cover and be able to find Element Zero here in the asteroids. But I suggest you do it now before they find you again.
Cole: Thank you captain. We have some resources in the milky way.

He stands up stepping closer to the window looking out into the stars as he places his hand against it.

Cole: ( his voice shaky) serina prep the fleet to head to the coordinates provided by the captain. Its.... its time we admit weve lost.

Serina: informing the fleet aye sir.

Cole: thank you captain. Now is there anything you need to say or would like to ask.

Cole turns to face him as it is clear he is trying to keep his emotions under control.

( remember they have been fighting and had just fought a war to save there homes this gave me a chance to show the emotional toll its taken)
Captain
# 8117
07-20-2013, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Cole: Thank you captain. We have some resources in the milky way.

He stands up stepping closer to the window looking out into the stars as he places his hand against it.

Cole: ( his voice shaky) serina prep the fleet to head to the coordinates provided by the captain. Its.... its time we admit weve lost.

Serina: informing the fleet aye sir.

Cole: thank you captain. Now is there anything you need to say or would like to ask.

Cole turns to face him as it is clear he is trying to keep his emotions under control.

( remember they have been fighting and had just fought a war to save there homes this gave me a chance to show the emotional toll its taken)
Cortez: I can't really think of any at the moment. But I will note that this will be recorded in my logs and I will report to my superiors with this data.. I hope to whatever god they pray to that they listen. If not... I fear they may come here.

Now.. I must bid farewell Fleet Admiral.. Your people may find some asylum in Federation space.. We do not mind at all. We are a humanitarian armada after all as well as explorers.

*taps his comm badge* Three to beam up Commander. We will be leaving here quickly.. I have new information that we need to leave quickly and post advisories against exploration in this area for safety reasons.

Commander: Aye sir.
Career Officer
# 8118
07-20-2013, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Cortez: I can't really think of any at the moment. But I will note that this will be recorded in my logs and I will report to my superiors with this data.. I hope to whatever god they pray to that they listen. If not... I fear they may come here.

Now.. I must bid farewell Fleet Admiral.. Your people may find some asylum in Federation space.. We do not mind at all. We are a humanitarian armada after all as well as explorers.

*taps his comm badge* Three to beam up Commander. We will be leaving here quickly.. I have new information that we need to leave quickly and post advisories against exploration in this area for safety reasons.

Commander: Aye sir.
Cole watchs as he leaves as he heads for the bridge. As he arrives there is silence

Cole: set course serina and engage.

Serina: aye sir course set and engage.

Ceneral black walks onto the bridge resting a hand on coles shoulder.

Black: you made the right choice.

Cole: i hope so
Captain
# 8119
07-20-2013, 11:50 PM
*The Universe class vessel and its Captain soon engage the new drive and are gone as soon as they arrived. Back the way they came and to report back after leaving advisory warnings in Comm buoys*

UNSC officer: That was quite a ship sir. But its stealth field I think could provide some good information on hiding...
Career Officer
# 8120
07-20-2013, 11:56 PM
Quote:
*The Universe class vessel and its Captain soon engage the new drive and are gone as soon as they arrived. Back the way they came and to report back after leaving advisory warnings in Comm buoys*

UNSC officer: That was quite a ship sir. But its stealth field I think could provide some good information on hiding...
Cole: yes file the data we will look at it after we reach alpha base in the milky way. Hopefully del rio has been getting things ready for us.

Serina: sir do you wish to activate the sectors cascade effect.

Cole: no cause we will be back. WE arent done yet.