Captain
# 8151
07-21-2013, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Vantrelle: Ambassador Odo?

Odo: Agreed.

Vantrelle: Alright. There's just one last thing.

This station has been drifting there for millennia, and is apparently more advanced than any of our civilisations. Who is going to study that technology?

Certainly, the Federation have the Research capacity, with Memory Alpha, but they lack the technological knowledge.

The Republic has that technological knowledge through our alliance with the Iconians, but we don't want to be centric in this endeavour.

Even if the Federation and Republic both contribute, we're too centric in this project. Also, even if all 5 of our governments joined, what of the other Convention members, like the Cardassians, the Bajorans, the Tzenkethi and the Gorn? These are just a few of the powers that are among our ranks.
OOC: We will probably go over it during the War.

Schwartz: May I suggest have Dr. Holtz come in along with Jacob Halsey to study the technology there as a third party under this council?
Career Officer
# 8152
07-21-2013, 12:09 PM
Cole: besides del Rio is a good man. We can count on him to do what's needed.
" great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame"
Career Officer
# 8153
07-21-2013, 12:25 PM
Ooc: it got so quite lol
" great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame"
Captain
# 8154
07-21-2013, 12:47 PM
OOC: It did...
Starfleet Veteran
# 8155
07-21-2013, 01:03 PM
OOC: Sorry, I was watching a documentary about the DeHavilland Mosquito. If there's any British plane that you can say changed aviation, it's that.

Anyway...

Quote:
Matheson: Stane... you usually organise the travel arrangements...

Is everything alright?
Still no response on this?
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 8156
07-21-2013, 01:14 PM
Quote:
OOC: Sorry, I was watching a documentary about the DeHavilland Mosquito. If there's any British plane that you can say changed aviation, it's that.

Anyway...

Still no response on this?
Stane: Of course it is. Matheson.. Just me being cautious. 4th planet in the Halcyon system. I have a few new bits of technology I am overseeing. As I am a busy man.. Just be there with in the day.

Last edited by chrisedallen89; 07-21-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8157
07-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
Stane: Of course it is. Matheson.. Just me being cautious. 4th planet in the Halcyon system. I have a few new bits of technology I am overseeing. As I am a busy man.. Just be there with in the day.
Matheson: The Halcyon System? That's on the other side of the Sector Block! How am I supposed--?

*T'mar glares at him.*

I mean... I'm on my way.

*He cuts the channel, and T'mar hits her combadge.*

T'mar: T'mar to Republic, Halcyon IV.

Sam: Copy. We're beaming you up.

*5 minutes later. T'mar as talking with Sam in the Situation Room.*

T'mar: He's to be there within the day.

Sam: Less than 2 hours? A civilian ship wouldn't be able to make it that quickly...

T'mar: Halcyon IV is within range of the Fold-Space Drive.

Sam: T'mar, Earth is in range of our Fold-Space Drive, and that's 1200 Light Years away.

*She thinks for a few moments.*

Have the Bridge initiate a Fold-Jump straight into Halcyon IV Orbit, full combat alert!

T'mar: Sam, an orbital insertion right out of Fold-Jump has never been done before. And not with an Epsilon-Type Fold-Space Drive!

Sam: It can be done.

T'mar: On paper, yes! Jumping straight into a gravity well is the most dangerous manoeuvre any pilot can attempt! If you're one micron off--!

Sam: T'mar, the Republic can take it. Even if we do end up in atmosphere, the Matthew Neilson-Class is the largest ship in the galaxy capable of planetary landings. We'll be okay.

T'mar: I suppose you want an Assault Team ready?

Sam: Yeah. I want them equipped with PRs, PSGs, Combat Armour - the works! I'll be going with them.

T'mar: Sam--!

Sam: T'mar, he's got a teenage girl hostage! I owe it to James to get her out of there!

T'mar: Which James? The one from our reality of the one from the other?

Sam: The other one!

T'mar: You sure?

Sam: Yes!

T'mar: I don't think you are! You've been wrapped up in guilt ever since that dart hit him back when we went after Drake! There was nothing you could do Sam!

Sam: T'mar, if I hadn't killed Drake, I wouldn't have triggered that trap and James wouldn't have taken the hit for me!

T'mar: Do you really think he'd still be alive if he didn't?

Sam: I don't know!

T'mar, I'm doing this for the girl, as much as for her father. She's 16! She deserves a chance at having a life for herself!

T'mar: Okay.

I'm going with you--

Sam: Absolutely not!

T'mar: I'm Chief of Security, Sam! It's my job!

Sam: I need my Tactical Officer up here in case--

T'mar: You don't think I can handle it, do you?!

Sam: T'mar--

T'mar: You've been giving me that look ever since I got stabbed!

If you don't think I can handle my job...

*She takes her combadge and tosses it onto the table.*

Then maybe you better find another Chief of Security who can.

Sam: T'mar...

*T'mar starts to walk away.*

T'mar.

T'mar: I'm serious. Lopez can do the job just as well as me.

Sam: I don't need Lopez. I need you.

T'mar: You need a Security Chief you have confidence in! You obviously don't have that in me!

Sam: T'mar, there's one very good reason you're a better Security Chief than Lopez. You know me - better than I know myself. You keep me honest - tell me when I'm making a mistake. You speak your mind. And you're not afraid to take a swing at me when I need it.

T'mar: Then put me on the mission.

T'mar: We both know you've got a problem with Stane. Andrews told me what you did to Matheson. You didn't take me with you when you went after Drake, and Drake ended up dead. You need someone to keep you from crossing that line, and as you said... I'm not afraid to throw a punch at you when you need it.

Sam: I can handle it.

T'mar: I'm on the mission or you can find another Security Chief.

Sam: *Sighs* Alright.

T'mar: Thank you.

*T'mar picks up her combadge and begins to leave.*

Sam: T'mar?

*T'mar looks back.*

Thank you.

*T'mar smiles and nods.

20 minutes later, the Republic fold-jumps into space above Halcyon IV. The ship slowly begins to fall into the atmosphere.

Bridge. David is in Command with Lopez taking T'mar's place on the Bridge.*

David: Here we go! Goliath-1, you ready?

Pilot *Over Comm*: Goliath-1 here! The Assault Team's on board and we are ready for launch!

David: Acknowledged! Bridge to Shuttlebay, open Shuttle Doors!

*Shuttlebay. The Goliath sits on one of the shuttle pads as the mammoth doors slide up, revealing the red hot fire engulfing the lower half of the ship.

Bridge. Condition Blue has been signalled as the ship soars through the atmosphere.*

Goliath-1, you are go for launch!

*Goliath-1 blasts out of the bay, turning into a fireball as it thunders down into the lower atmosphere. The fireball dissipates as the transport begins to decelerate. The Republic blasts herself out of the atmosphere and into orbit.

Goliath-1, troop bay. A team of 10 Security Officers stand in combat armour (similar to what we have in-game) holding Republic Naval-issue Phaser Rifles. Sam and T'mar are in Combat Armour as well, except Sam's wearing her Vanguard Armour. Sam slides a Phaser pistol into its holster, with T'mar standing next to her.*

T'mar: Once we're down, you don't go 10 feet away from me!

T'mar: Captain, your safety is part of my job! It's bad enough I'm letting you come along!

Sam *mockingly*: Lieutenant, your armour can take 2 phaser hits! Mine can take 5! Which of us needs protecting again?

T'mar: One of these days, that mouth's gonna get you a kick in the teeth!

Sam: Well, it'd be a change from all the times you've given me a right hook!

*The two smile at each other as the PA sounds.*

Pilot: Ladies and gentlemen, we have just touched down on Halcyon IV - famous for such sights as rolling hills, sunny spells, and evil megalomaniacs! We hope you enjoyed your trip and thank you for flying Air Goliath!

*The rear hatch opens up and the Assault Team dash outside and take up defensive positions.*

Assault 1: Clear!

*Sam and T'mar dash out and take a look around. T'mar takes out her tricorder and studies the holo-display.*

T'mar: The beacon signal is that way!

*She points north-west.

10 minutes later, the Assault Team sprints out from the nearby forest and surround Stane (not knowing it's a VI). Sam approaches him, phaser pistol drawn as the other Security Officers have the Rifles trained on his head, including T'mar, standing next to Sam.*

Sam: Stane! As a Captain in the Republic Naval Forces, 5th Fleet, Beta Quadrant Command, I am placing you under arrest for charges of aiding and abetting known criminals, illegal sale of weapons to criminal parties, multiple counts of murder and conspiracy to commit murder, kidnapping, and most of all...

*She tightens her grip on the phaser, pointing it straight at his head.*

Being a real pain in my ass!
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 8158
07-21-2013, 02:36 PM
*The Vanguard and a combined Klingon Federation force arrive as well as landing parties..*

Dorman: First one on the call huh Sam.. *in the armor Jacob gave him.*

James: Stane!

*The VI interface says nothing but soon the lights go out and reinitialize the terminal is different... red...*
Starfleet Veteran
# 8159
07-21-2013, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*The Vanguard and a combined Klingon Federation force arrive as well as landing parties..*

Dorman: First one on the call huh Sam.. *in the armor Jacob gave him.*

James: Stane!

*The VI interface says nothing but soon the lights go out and reinitialize the terminal is different... red...*
Armada: PACES, trace that transmission!

T'mar: He was a VI! Stane was never here!

Sam: Son of a--

*Sam puts her phaser in its holster and walks up to the terminal.*
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 8160
07-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Danny: I have a bad feeling about this... *he approaches the terminal as well. As does James*

*Kai leaves through a stealth fighter and tracks Matheson.*

Dorman: That I am not sure if that is any regular VI... It seems it is on can't determine the channel, but its on comm...

*A large scale squid like machine vessel comes on over them*

Last edited by chrisedallen89; 07-21-2013 at 02:50 PM.