Career Officer
# 8411
07-29-2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*OOC: Yeah They commenced the attack man. Destroyed him and the machine... But fair point*

*Bright and the fleet cheer when the explosions die down and the remaining signatures die down.*

Bright: Alright have Admiral Dorman and Jacob if he is able come down to the surface we are going to make sure.
Sinclaire meets them at the wreckage.
" great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame"
Starfleet Veteran
# 8412
07-29-2013, 11:51 AM
*The Forge. Drazaak is standing in front of a pedestal where the S'tak'ra Blade was until recently kept.*

Drazaak: Prepare the others. It is time.

Shadow: Yes, my lord.

*At the ruins, Markon and Armada meet the others, noting a figure standing next to the energy converter that the Red Tesseract was in, until recently. The figure is holding the S'tak'ra, her brown hair giving her away to Blake, who retracts his faceplate.*

Blake: Sam? What are you doing?

*She places her hand on the converter before driving the sword into the ground, both hands now glowing white, and the sword glowing red.

R.S.S. Churchill, Matt's Quarters. Matt walks in, tossing his uniform jacket onto the couch before noticing a message on his large wall-mounted viewer.*

Matt: Computer, identify sender.

Computer: Captain Samantha Allington-Forrester, R.S.S. Republic.

Matt: Play message.

*He walks over to the replicator as Sam appears on the screen.*

Sam: Matt, by the time you get this message, I'll already be on Auri Nay. Don't worry, I don't plan on getting killed. The reason I'm sending this, is because... I won't be coming back.

You're going to hear some bad things about me from Vanguard. I need to tell you - because you won't believe it - they're true. I wish it didn't have to hurt you, and I wish I could tell you in person, but... I can't.

*Deep Space 61, Operations. The Station Commander looks as the First Officer runs up to her.*

First Officer: It's confirmed! Spacial distortions in Sectors 001, 215, 409 and the Mempa Sector!

Commander: It can't be a coincidence! 4 Spacial Disturbances of the same type forming at the exact same time?!

First Officer: All Forces have been ordered to DefCon 3. The ISOP Array (OOC: Interstellar Observation Platform Array) has been focused on each one of the disturbances. The R.S.S. Columbia has been rerouted to the disturbance in Sector 409.

They're getting bigger. They're already 5km in diameter.

Commander: 409's not far from Starbase 221. She's in our Control Grid!

Yellow Alert!

*R.S.S. Churchill, Matt's Quarters.*

Sam: This is the only way I can think of to put things right. No matter what I do with the Republic, I can't fix the corruption in the Federation, the Klingons, or the Romulans. Stane turned corrupt and ran to Sovereign. If he hadn't, I wouldn't be here, with a fleet that's about to lose thousands of Starfleet and Klingon Officers in a brutal battle.

Matt: Sam...

Sam: I need you to know why I'm doing this...

*Auri Nay, Ruins.*

Blake: Sam, what are you doing?

*A rift of red energy opens and Drazaak steps out, placing a hand on Sam's shoulders.*

Drazaak: You have done well, my young pupil.

*he looks up and sees Dorman.*

Admiral Dorman! Come. You may approach.

*OOC: Be honest! You didn't expect this! You honestly did NOT expect Sam to turn turncoat, did you?!*
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 8413
07-29-2013, 12:24 PM
Sinclaire: Sam step away from him and come over here. Nothing bad will happen. Just come over here.

The whole time Sinclaire keeps his eyes on the man near the portal

He also motions for the others to stay back. As he can feel the dark energy. His hands start to glow a light orange. As he keeps his eyes on the figure.

Ooc: I don't believe Sinclaire ever met him so hr really doesn't know him. And no was not expecting that.
" great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame"
Career Officer
# 8414
07-29-2013, 12:28 PM
Unsc space. New Arcadia.

Metran walks into Coles office.

Metran: I hope you are pleased with what we have accomplished this far.

Cole: this is incredible.

Metran: despite what others may say I look to help the strong. And your people are very strong.

Cole: our forces are now at 75% already.

Metran: and more of my men and ships come every day. The week will soon be destroyed. When the ancient enemies return. You will be ready.

Metran smiles wickedly.
Captain
# 8415
07-29-2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*OOC: Be honest! You didn't expect this! You honestly did NOT expect Sam to turn turncoat, did you?!*
OOC: That was very unexpected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Captain
# 8416
07-29-2013, 10:13 PM
*OOC: Unexpected... Mostly but I had my suspicions. Amused.. Very much so.. I might keep Dorman around now. This is most amusing. *

Dorman: What is it you want Demon... Vengeance? Because your master was much of the same... A Coward...

*looks to Sam*

We trusted you... James trusted you... Especially his children. Now you toss it all away because of a tired wounded heart. I pity you Sam.. You are making the same mistake I did.. To drown in a ocean of despair... Closing your heart to anger and sadness.

*Looks to Drazaak*

So answer my question... Why should I step forward?

Bright: Sam damn it get away from there...
Captain
# 8417
07-29-2013, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Unsc space. New Arcadia.

Metran walks into Coles office.

Metran: I hope you are pleased with what we have accomplished this far.

Cole: this is incredible.

Metran: despite what others may say I look to help the strong. And your people are very strong.

Cole: our forces are now at 75% already.

Metran: and more of my men and ships come every day. The week will soon be destroyed. When the ancient enemies return. You will be ready.

Metran smiles wickedly.
OOC: Oh I can't see that scheme working out well for him... Or them for that matter. But I am amused so I will let the man do as he wants for now. Oh how this amuses me.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8418
07-30-2013, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*OOC: Unexpected... Mostly but I had my suspicions. Amused.. Very much so.. I might keep Dorman around now. This is most amusing. *

Dorman: What is it you want Demon... Vengeance? Because your master was much of the same... A Coward...

*looks to Sam*

We trusted you... James trusted you... Especially his children. Now you toss it all away because of a tired wounded heart. I pity you Sam.. You are making the same mistake I did.. To drown in a ocean of despair... Closing your heart to anger and sadness.

*Looks to Drazaak*

So answer my question... Why should I step forward?

Bright: Sam damn it get away from there...
Drazaak: How little you choose to understand us, Terran. You believe we want to destroy all life in the Galaxy? We want to save it! Like the Roman Empire of your history, when a society becomes decadent, corruption takes hold. The destruction of that society is the only way to allow new societies to flourish. There are many decadent societies here...

Including... Iconians. *He smiles.*

Hello again, Siraga.

*Siraga walks out from behind him, arm raised at him.*

Siraga: Drazaak. The last time we met, I told you that you would not be so fortunate as to survive.

Drazaak: Yes, but this time, it seems our positions are reversed. This time you have the numbers, and I have the power.

Siraga: Let her go.

Drazaak: It's her choice. Even you, the last child of Iconia, must respect that.

Blake: Sam...

*R.S.S. Churchill, Matt's Quarters. He watches the message Sam left, speechless.*

Sam: I know you can't understand why I'm doing this. Believe me, if I could find another way...

I know what you're probably thinking. You're thinking that I'm throwing my life away. That if Drazaak loses, I'll end up in prison - or worse.

I got your message, Matt. I know the Republic Secret Service is after me. It doesn't matter now, does it? If I don't do this, I go to prison. If I'm going down, I at least want to go down for my choices!

My whole life, I've thought against corruption and lost. Now I actually have a chance to make a difference.

I needed you to know that. Even if you don't understand why I'm doing this, now you at least know why.

I love you.

*The message ends.

Auri Nay.*

Siraga: Drazaak, don't do this. There has to be another way!

Drazaak: We have spent aeons looking for another way! Believe me, there isn't one.

All must be sacrificed, if all are to be saved.

*He turns to Sam.*

Come.

*He walks through the portal. Sam moves to follow him.*

Blake: Sam, don't!

*She looks back slightly.*

Sam: I'm sorry.

*She steps through the portal as it closes.

The spacial rifts across the galaxy have grown to a diameter of 11.24km. Now, almost in coordination, a massive vessel, 10km across, exits each. Each one is jet black, looking organic, shimmering against the light. One appears above the peaceful world of Pacifica, firing a beam of red energy down at it. After a few hours, the previously M-Class planet's surface is charred, dotted with volcanoes and lava flows - the air poisoned by Sulphur Dioxide and other toxic fumes.

The Shadows have returned.*

OOC: Okay, I'll let you guys wrap things up before the time skip. Maybe if we jump, say, 2 years ahead?
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 8419
07-30-2013, 09:19 AM
Sinclaire: we should go. There's nothing more we can do here.
Career Officer
# 8420
07-30-2013, 10:42 AM
Sinclaire looks back one more time before turning to the others.

Sinclaire: we should go now. There's nothing else we can do for her right now. We have bigger problems to deal with. Cause something isn't right. I can feel it.