Captain
# 9211
08-21-2013, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*Deep Space. A large ship decloaks as it approaches the sensory blind spot created by a pulsar cluster.

In a room overlooking a medical bay, a man in a dark grey suit stands, smoking a cigar.*

Mysterious Man: How's the project going, Doctor Warren?

*A balding man in a lab coat walks up to him, holding a PADD.*

Dr Warren: Better than expected, given the severity of his injuries and the length of time he's been left in stasis. How did you--?

Mysterious Man: "Project: Marksman" was "lost" on a military transport on his way back home. I have my resources, Doctor. More than that, you do not need to know.

What kind of time frame are we looking at?

Dr Warren: Optimistically, 2-3 years. However, if we hit a complication... it could be expensive.

Mysterious Man: Money is not an issue. What about Archangel?

Dr Warren: That has not been easy. With Matheson dead and most of the scientists who were part of the project either underground or also dead, I have had to spend a long time bringing the new team up to speed. We also lost a lot of the project data when O.S.S. destroyed Facility 5.

Mysterious Man: Perhaps for the best. The mess Matheson made with the AISDs is better left forgotten and unreplicable.

I believe it would be best to drop the cybernetics side of the project completely, don't you?

Dr Warren: I've already done it.

Mysterious Man: Good. What else do you need?

Dr Warren: Test subjects. I can only go so far with my personal notes. A lot of the project has to start from scratch. Connor has--

Mysterious Man: We are attempting to provide an effective infiltrator, Doctor. Connor can wait until you are ready to proceed with Project: Spartacus.

Dr Warren: Very well. But, subjects are still a problem. Allington was able to fight her programming when O.S.S. stepped in. She hesitated when Agent Hawk tried to talk her down.

Mysterious Man: Then you should find subjects who you can condition easier, without need of holo-induction and psychotropic drugs.

Dr Warren: And where do you suppose I--?

Mysterious Man: History question, Doctor; Earth, 1930s, Nazi Germany. How did Adolf Hitler and his party ensure the loyalty of the younger generation?

Dr Warren: By indoctrinating the children...

You're not serious?

Mysterious Man: Not to the extent he went to, of course. We do not need fascists or xenophobes.

Dr Warren: But you do need psychopaths? These children--

Mysterious Man: Could you control them without an external stimulus?

Dr Warren: Yes, but--

Mysterious Man: Doctor... the method the Germans used was quite passive.

Dr Warren: They rewrote their nation's history!

Mysterious Man: Because that was what was necessary. This time, it will not be. We don't need to assure their loyalty to us because they will have know only us. Doctor, planets such as Nimbus III and New Sydney are rife with homeless orphans. You only need to ensure they will be willing and able to do what is necessary.

You will also treat them amicably. Is that sufficient?

Dr Warren: Yes..., sir.

Mysterious Man: Good.

How is your side project, by the way? Gene-splicing, was it?

Dr Warren: I have hit a roadblock on that, I'm afraid.

Mysterious Man: A pity, but, such is the way of scientific life. Very well, Doctor, you can return to your archer now.

Dr Warren: Yes, sir.

*Warren walks out slowly.*

OOC: Setting up a story arc for later. Dr Warren here is a reference to Dr Miles Warren (or "The Jackal") from Marvel Comics.
*OOC: Hmm Illusive man an influence too? Just curious really. As tossing money at it would be his style and resources. But hey. I like it. I wonder all of it. though..*

*Kai arrives at the facility thanks to the usual tricks and papers and the stealth module. He is secretly amazed at how the Federation has kept this place under the radar and out of enemy sight. *

Kai: *He quietly walks by making sure steps are not heard and missing innovades as he goes. The room he is looking for is filled with a AI core and processing units.*

There...

*He gets in with manipulation of the biometerics and identifying markers.. Child's play.. should just say "Open me".. *

Kai: *Starts into the machine through his omni-tool and introduces a virus into the system.. and it starts downloading the information he needs on research sites the Federation has found and he finds out where the power source is for the dormant relay... *

Found it... Now unlocking it..

*He then makes his way out as the system starts malfunctioning but the No-field is unaffected. *
Captain
# 9212
08-21-2013, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Sinclair's: you may not like it old man but we may need to jump from tower to tower to help them out. We can jump back and forth quickly. Or I suppose I can jump around like a rabbit on steroids.
Preserver: That is not wise but maybe unavoidable.
Career Officer
# 9213
08-21-2013, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
Preserver: That is not wise but maybe unavoidable.
Sinclaire : the only other thing i could possibly do is open a conduite at each tower and keep them active to try and save time. Not sure how long i could keep that up but.

He draws one sword while his other hand glows a dark orange ready to fire or create a shield.

OOC: his combat is close quarters as well im sure you figured that out but wanted to clarify
Phil Coulson: And back up isn't coming. It'll be just the four of us. We'll be outmanned and outgunned. But Fury always said... a man can accomplish anything when he realizes he's a part of something bigger. A team of people who share that conviction can change the world. So, what do you say? You ready to change the world?
Career Officer
# 9214
08-21-2013, 12:52 AM
Elsewhere

Tyrranus: everything is going as we planned. The UNSC is going to open negotiations with the republic. Vanguard is occupied to the brink. And we go about our business as normal.

He smiles lightly as he drinks

Tyrranus: all our pieces are coming together as i knew they would
Phil Coulson: And back up isn't coming. It'll be just the four of us. We'll be outmanned and outgunned. But Fury always said... a man can accomplish anything when he realizes he's a part of something bigger. A team of people who share that conviction can change the world. So, what do you say? You ready to change the world?
Career Officer
# 9215
08-21-2013, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*Deep Space. A large ship decloaks as it approaches the sensory blind spot created by a pulsar cluster.

In a room overlooking a medical bay, a man in a dark grey suit stands, smoking a cigar.*

Mysterious Man: How's the project going, Doctor Warren?

*A balding man in a lab coat walks up to him, holding a PADD.*

Dr Warren: Better than expected, given the severity of his injuries and the length of time he's been left in stasis. How did you--?

Mysterious Man: "Project: Marksman" was "lost" on a military transport on his way back home. I have my resources, Doctor. More than that, you do not need to know.

What kind of time frame are we looking at?

Dr Warren: Optimistically, 2-3 years. However, if we hit a complication... it could be expensive.

Mysterious Man: Money is not an issue. What about Archangel?

Dr Warren: That has not been easy. With Matheson dead and most of the scientists who were part of the project either underground or also dead, I have had to spend a long time bringing the new team up to speed. We also lost a lot of the project data when O.S.S. destroyed Facility 5.

Mysterious Man: Perhaps for the best. The mess Matheson made with the AISDs is better left forgotten and unreplicable.

I believe it would be best to drop the cybernetics side of the project completely, don't you?

Dr Warren: I've already done it.

Mysterious Man: Good. What else do you need?

Dr Warren: Test subjects. I can only go so far with my personal notes. A lot of the project has to start from scratch. Connor has--

Mysterious Man: We are attempting to provide an effective infiltrator, Doctor. Connor can wait until you are ready to proceed with Project: Spartacus.

Dr Warren: Very well. But, subjects are still a problem. Allington was able to fight her programming when O.S.S. stepped in. She hesitated when Agent Hawk tried to talk her down.

Mysterious Man: Then you should find subjects who you can condition easier, without need of holo-induction and psychotropic drugs.

Dr Warren: And where do you suppose I--?

Mysterious Man: History question, Doctor; Earth, 1930s, Nazi Germany. How did Adolf Hitler and his party ensure the loyalty of the younger generation?

Dr Warren: By indoctrinating the children...

You're not serious?

Mysterious Man: Not to the extent he went to, of course. We do not need fascists or xenophobes.

Dr Warren: But you do need psychopaths? These children--

Mysterious Man: Could you control them without an external stimulus?

Dr Warren: Yes, but--

Mysterious Man: Doctor... the method the Germans used was quite passive.

Dr Warren: They rewrote their nation's history!

Mysterious Man: Because that was what was necessary. This time, it will not be. We don't need to assure their loyalty to us because they will have know only us. Doctor, planets such as Nimbus III and New Sydney are rife with homeless orphans. You only need to ensure they will be willing and able to do what is necessary.

You will also treat them amicably. Is that sufficient?

Dr Warren: Yes..., sir.

Mysterious Man: Good.

How is your side project, by the way? Gene-splicing, was it?

Dr Warren: I have hit a roadblock on that, I'm afraid.

Mysterious Man: A pity, but, such is the way of scientific life. Very well, Doctor, you can return to your archer now.

Dr Warren: Yes, sir.

*Warren walks out slowly.*

OOC: Setting up a story arc for later. Dr Warren here is a reference to Dr Miles Warren (or "The Jackal") from Marvel Comics.
Made me think of the spartan II project form halo lol
Career Officer
# 9216
08-21-2013, 01:00 AM
Quote:
*OOC: Hmm Illusive man an influence too? Just curious really. As tossing money at it would be his style and resources. But hey. I like it. I wonder all of it. though..*

*Kai arrives at the facility thanks to the usual tricks and papers and the stealth module. He is secretly amazed at how the Federation has kept this place under the radar and out of enemy sight. *

Kai: *He quietly walks by making sure steps are not heard and missing innovades as he goes. The room he is looking for is filled with a AI core and processing units.*

There...

*He gets in with manipulation of the biometerics and identifying markers.. Child's play.. should just say "Open me".. *

Kai: *Starts into the machine through his omni-tool and introduces a virus into the system.. and it starts downloading the information he needs on research sites the Federation has found and he finds out where the power source is for the dormant relay... *

Found it... Now unlocking it..

*He then makes his way out as the system starts malfunctioning but the No-field is unaffected. *
At a separate station

Firefly: so doctor what do you think of that preserver. I mean he seems like he knows alo of whats going on.....wait thats that was odd. Holtz its almost like someone accessed another inovade ai station and then wiped all traces. If i wasnt running full security of both stations i would have missed the glitch. Ill be right back i want to make sure the other station is ok.

OOC: got to show he is watching alot more then jsut the one
Captain
# 9217
08-21-2013, 01:13 AM
Quote:
At a separate station

Firefly: so doctor what do you think of that preserver. I mean he seems like he knows alo of whats going on.....wait thats that was odd. Holtz its almost like someone accessed another inovade ai station and then wiped all traces. If i wasnt running full security of both stations i would have missed the glitch. Ill be right back i want to make sure the other station is ok.

OOC: got to show he is watching alot more then jsut the one
Patrick: Shouldn't take any chances.

*Before Firefly can do much of anything the Virus starts causing blackouts at both stations.*

Holtz: The Cube what happened to the cube?

*An Innvade steps up..*

Felise 54: I am sorry Doctor.. Someone stole it and left the station in great haste. The cube is gone.

Holtz: Damn it.

Patrick: Son of a *****

How did he get past the No-Field... or even you firefly..

Last edited by chrisedallen89; 08-21-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Captain
# 9218
08-21-2013, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Sinclaire : the only other thing i could possibly do is open a conduite at each tower and keep them active to try and save time. Not sure how long i could keep that up but.

He draws one sword while his other hand glows a dark orange ready to fire or create a shield.

OOC: his combat is close quarters as well im sure you figured that out but wanted to clarify
OOC: I remember man. Just saying gonna be hard.*

Danny: So Sinclaire your gonna have to do it.. We will hold. *Throwing another burning blast of biotics.*
Career Officer
# 9219
08-21-2013, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Patrick: Shouldn't take any chances.

*Before Firefly can do much of anything the Virus starts causing blackouts at both stations.*

Holtz: The Cube what happened to the cube?

*An Innvade steps up..*

Felise 54: I am sorry Doctor.. Someone stole it and left the station in great haste. The cube is gone.

Holtz: Damn it.

Patrick: Son of a *****

How did he get past the No-Field... or even you firefly..
Firefly: as i said i just detected the sensor change. It was someone who knew what security was and how to bypass it. I will try to reconfigure the data but i wouldnt expect to much. Im still having trouble as it is now a moment.....purging....there that should do it for now. The best bet i can do is have some fellow ais run a scan for any ships leaving the area and put word out that it is missing
Career Officer
# 9220
08-21-2013, 01:20 AM
Quote:
OOC: I remember man. Just saying gonna be hard.*

Danny: So Sinclaire your gonna have to do it.. We will hold. *Throwing another burning blast of biotics.*
Sinclaire: yipee for me.

he holds one sword while his other hand is glowing as he closes his eyes straining himself to open portals at each tower.

Sinclaire: alright let the fun begin he starts going through conduits