Career Officer
# 9221
08-21-2013, 10:52 AM
As sinclaire jumps from spot. To spot.

Sinclaire : the quiker the better I cant do this all day.
" great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame"
Career Officer
# 9222
08-21-2013, 12:26 PM
Ooc: go figure its quite when I'm on lol
" great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame"
Starfleet Veteran
# 9223
08-21-2013, 12:34 PM
Armada: On it!

*Armada lands next to the East gun, using his repulsors to knock away two of the heavies before opening up with his phaser gatlings, trying to keep all of the guards away.*

Armada: PACES, make this quick!

PACES: I am now accessing the gun's systems, sir.

Armada: Quicker than that!

*He dodges as a heavy slams his weapon down at him, before blasting forwards and slicing into it with his nano-pulses. He then uses the Impulse thrusters in his boots to blast away another, before flying up a few meters and battering them with gatling-fire.*

PACES: Sir, if you were to maintain position and proximity to the weapon, this would be much easier.

Armada: PACES, do me a favour.

PACES: Sir?

Armada: Shut up and work.

Forest, I could use a hand here!

Forest *Over Comm*: Hold on!

Armada: Hold on?

*Suddenly, he hears a furious roar before the Destroyer smashes onto the scene, beating back the Heavies.*

Destroyer: DESTROYER SMASH PUNY INSECTS!!!

Armada: ...You do that, pal.

*With thye enemy's focus now on Destroyer, Armada lands next to the gun and starts helping PACES with the link-up.*

PACES, let's get this on-line and hit the west cannon.

PACES: Yes, sir.

Armada: Hold on...

Oh, great! PACEs, you see that?!

PACES: The Omega Emitter is misaligned.

Armada: No wonder this cannon was never hooked up! The techs did a lousy job with the assembly!

Armada to Danny. I have an issue with the east gun. The Omega Emitter's misaligned. I've hooked the gun up to my targeting system, but unless we get that emitter aligned properly, it'll explode when I try to fire it.

I need you to realign the emitter. Don't worry, I've aligned a few of these back with Jacob Admiral North. I'll talk you through it.

Call me when you get here. I'm now heading to the next gun.

Hey, Destroyer, need a hand?!

Destroyer: Destroyer no need help from Tin Man - Destroyer SMASH PUNY ENEMIES!!!

Armada: A simple "no" would have sufficed.

*Armada starts heading to the next gun, having finished tying this one into his targeting system, now waiting for Danny to be ready to align the gun.*
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 9224
08-21-2013, 12:38 PM
At another spot Sinclaire jumps through a conduit as he slices through an enemy and blocks an attack from another. But he is getting tired keeping conduits open.

Sinclaire: how much longer I can't keep this up much longer.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9225
08-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
At another spot Sinclaire jumps through a conduit as he slices through an enemy and blocks an attack from another. But he is getting tired keeping conduits open.

Sinclaire: how much longer I can't keep this up much longer.
Armada: Don't worry about the conduits, Sinclaire! I can get around quickly enough without them!
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 9226
08-21-2013, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Armada: Don't worry about the conduits, Sinclaire! I can get around quickly enough without them!
Sinclaire: still in any case.

Jumps clear of an attack while letting off a large blast.

Sinclaire: how long till you can get those damn cannons active.
Career Officer
# 9227
08-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Ooc: you do know that cooper sent a message to the republic to right. Not a big hurry just wanted you to know.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9228
08-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Sinclaire: still in any case.

Jumps clear of an attack while letting off a large blast.

Sinclaire: how long till you can get those damn cannons active.
Armada: I don't know! It could take 5 minutes or it could take 5 hours! It depends if the other guns are in the same shape as the one I just left!
My Fan Fictions
Starfleet Veteran
# 9229
08-21-2013, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Ooc: you do know that cooper sent a message to the republic to right. Not a big hurry just wanted you to know.
OOC: Yeah, I didn't forget. I was just trying to keep up on the Vanguard action.

*Dalos Alpha System. Ramez is on a small military transport heading for Dalos Alpha IV. As it passes by, Ramez looks out at the charred remains of the once lush green world. His face is grim, and depressed, emphasising the ageing on his face.*

Ramez: They say it'll take 30 years and half the resources involved in Project: Romulus before Alpha IV is even close to habitable again. The only thing alive down there is bacteria.

*His Secretary sits down next to him, looking at him.*

Secretary: Sir, you can't blame yourself.

Ramez: Sure I can. The Iconians would have killed that Dreadnought if they'd came here instead of Reach, but I told them to go to Reach... along with a large chunk of our forces.

Everyone else blames me, so why can't I?

Secretary: Not everyone. Captain Santiago, for example.

*Ramez doesn't react, instead taking in the sight as the transport leaves the charred planet behind on its way to Dalos Alpha Prime.*

Sir?

Ramez: As soon as this trip is over, I'm done.

Secretary: I... I don't understand.

Ramez: I'm resigning, Ensign.

*Ramez stands walking out of the crew cabin as the transport begins final approach to the Orbital Station.

30 minutes later, Ramez walks into the President's Office. He looks across the room at the Dalosian man wearing a dark suit with compliments his almost pure silver skin colour. The President stands up, extending a hand to shake Ramez's.*

President: Admiral.

Ramez: Mr President.

*Ramez shakes his hand.*

President: Please, sit down.

Ramez: I'd prefer to stand, if you don't mind, sir.

President: Of course.

*Ramez takes a PADD out of his pocket and starts to speak, but the President cuts him off.*

Before you do what I think you're about to do, I have an assignment for you.

Ramez: Sir?

President: Not for your skill as a soldier, but your skill as a negotiator, and a diplomat.

We've received an official proposition from the Confederacy of Independent Systems to enter into a Military Alliance with them. I'd like to accept, but there are several things we need to know first. They've asked us to send an envoy - I'd like it to be you. You're popular with the U.N.S.C. and other C.I.S. members right now. I'd like you to go and "test the waters" as you humans say. Find out what kind of position they're in and, if you're completely satisfied that the Alliance would benefit us, sign the treaty.

I'd also like you to consider a permanent posting as our ambassador, if you are serious about resigning. If you accept, I'd appreciate you using the same zeal you used during the Romulan negotiations with Praetor Sarov 8 years ago.

Ramez: I understand sir. I'll leave immediately.

President: Admiral.

*Ramez salutes, before walking out.

An hour later, and he's on another transport heading to Reach. Apparently, the diplomatic office had arranged for him to meet the U.N.S.C.'s leader and the C.I.S. representatives there, as a clever ploy by the President to let him see what he saved.*
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 9230
08-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Armada: I don't know! It could take 5 minutes or it could take 5 hours! It depends if the other guns are in the same shape as the one I just left!
Sinclaire: well I can always get some techs I know a good one.