Captain
# 9251
08-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
i should point out tyrranus isnt officially a part of the unsc yet. no one but cooper knows he is helping just an fyi. As for his wealth ha ha ha o have plenty more where that came from
OOC: I know but remember Metran who is broken for the most part? He has a seperate personality called Reek. I was thinking we could do a bit showing how all of that affected him. Since we kinda tossed him to the side I found a way sort of.
Career Officer
# 9252
08-22-2013, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
OOC: I know but remember Metran who is broken for the most part? He has a seperate personality called Reek. I was thinking we could do a bit showing how all of that affected him. Since we kinda tossed him to the side I found a way sort of.
that would be fine
" great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame"
Captain
# 9253
08-22-2013, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
that would be fine
OOC: We are going for unstable Metran. He can still be his apprentice afterwards.*
Career Officer
# 9254
08-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
OOC: We are going for unstable Metran. He can still be his apprentice afterwards.*
Works for me.
" great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame"
Captain
# 9255
08-23-2013, 01:15 PM
OOC: It's so quiet, that Logan isn't even here to say it's quiet... :O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my mission! :-)
Captain
# 9256
08-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
OOC: It's so quiet, that Logan isn't even here to say it's quiet... :O
*OOC: Been extremely busy. Paying off the PS4 pre order, getting a new door knob, picking up Saints Row 3 and 4, checking on things for work tomorrow and next week, playing Saints Row 2, Picking up dog food. *
Starfleet Veteran
# 9257
08-23-2013, 04:44 PM
*Galactic Edge, Stane's Facility. 2 human scientists stand in front of one of the tanks.*

Scientist 1: This didn't work the first time.

Scientist 2: The first time, the O.S.S. got in our way.

Scientist 1: How do you even plan to make this work?

Scientist 2: The personality block is still in her mind. All the O.S.S. did was place it in dormancy.

We took the most recent DNA sample we had and used that. It still had the personality block, so we just need to remove all her memories since Archangel's last mission.

Scientist 1: I'm guessing that's why you've plugged the power grid into her brain?

*He takes note of the cortical stimulator attached to he forehead of the Ghola - of Sam.*

Scientist 2: It's also why you're here, Karram. I need a telepath to monitor the memory trigger. Once it reaches around the point of time we want, I'm going to activate the stimulator and interrupt the memory reload.

I'm also going to make your life easier.

Scientist 1: How?

Scientist 2: I asked one of the New Types here to tell me how the reload works. It's similar to the treatment of amnesia - you provide a reminder of a missing memory, and, in this case, it triggers a complete reload of the subject's memory. The subject usually reloads up to the point in time that the trigger memory took place and starts to slow down as it pieces together what happened after that point. I'll be using an Archangel Project codeword to trigger the reload, so she'll linger around the target memories for a while, while her mind pieces every after that together. It'll give you longer to alert me to trigger the stimulator.

Scientist 1: Wait, Matt. I thought Archangel had extreme cybernetic and genetic enhancements? How were you able to do that with her in the--?

Scientist 2: I didn't. Cybernetics was Matheson's field, and he's dead. I haven't been able to get back to the D.I.S., so I had to piece this together myself. I decided against genetic enhancements because they'd have to take place after awakening and that would mean she'd already have been conscious.

Besides, we don't need it. In missions, Archangel only had to rely on her enhancements on 3 occasions. Samantha Allington already had exceptional marksmanship skills, which she used on several occasions, and when she did have to resort to hand-to-hand, the training we provided her with was more than adequate. She doesn't need enhancement.

Are you ready?

Scientist 1: You're asking me to relive every memory she's ever had up until the target memory. I've only done this once; when I had to help an amnesiac. It's an extremely taxing experience, especially with those who have lived difficult lives like Allington. Her D.I.S. training was brutal - it would constantly push the boundaries of her endurance. THis is not going to be easy.

Scientist 2: If you want, I could bring in another telepath to help.

Scientist 1: No... No, I can handle it.

*He takes a deep breath.*

Ready when you are.

Scientist 2: Okay, I'm bringing her out of the tank.

*He presses a control and the tank is drained of the strange fluid, before it opens. The second scientist looks at the medical screen, making sure that her higher brain functions are initialising. Once he's certain that her brown is processing auditory stimuli, he turns back to her.*

Archangel, initiate Lucifer Protocol.

*The first scientist gasps as the reload starts, with Sam's entire life flashing past him until everything starts to slow down, allowing him to take in certain images; a hangar exploding, waking up on a bio-bed, then breaking someone's neck. Slowly, he begins to process more and more of the events, until he hears an alert sound in a set of D.I.S. quarters.*

Scientist 1: Now!

*The second scientist triggers the stimulator, interrupting the reload. The first scientist grasps his head, recovering from the exhaustive contact. Suddenly, the Ghols waskes up, looking at the second scientist.*

Scientist 2: State your identity.

Ghola: Archangel.

*The Scientist smiles before turning to his colleague.*

Scientist 2: It worked!

Archangel: Dr Morrison?

*He then turns back.*

I don't... feel the implants.

Scientist 2 (Dr Morrison): There's... a lot I'll have to brief you on. You're not exactly the original Samantha Allington.

*Archangel glares slightly.*

I mean Archangel.

Archangel: I'm a clone?

Dr Morrison: Not exactly. You're what the people here call a "Ghola".

Archangel: "Ghola"?

Dr Morrison: I agree completely - it's a terrible name which says so little about what you truly are. I prefer "Total Individual Replica", or T.I.R.

You're more precisely duplicated than a clone, with no replicative fading. In nearly every respect, you are the original Archangel, except for the part where you're a T.I.R.

It has been more than a decade since your last memory. A lot has happened in that time.

What's the last thing you remember?

Archangel: I was in my Quarters when the alarm went off. I called in, and I was told that we were being attacked by the Office of State Security. After that, it's just fragments.

Dr Morrison: You were captured. In the fighting, a Deuterium Tank accidentally ruptured and a fire started. Nearly the entire research staff on the Archangel Project were killed in the explosion. A few of us survived and eluded capture: Dr Matheson, Dr Warren, Dr Ka'ren, and myself. Dr Jo'tak was captured and sentenced to life imprisonment for treason and genetic experimentation.

Archangel: Are the others here?

Dr Morrison: No. Matheson was killed after betraying our organisation to the Republic 2 years ago. Samantha Allington was the one who captured him.

*Archangel clenches her fists.*

I ran with Warren and Ka'ren for a few months, before I decided to try and find a way to salvage you. Warren and Ka'ren believed that it was a bad idea to try and restore you, and instead decided to try to restart the program from scratch. They went back to try and rejoin the D.I.S. I don't know if they succeeded.

I guess someone found out I was looking for funding to try and reproduce you, because the next thing I know is I'm talking to Obadiah Stane and being offered a position in his "Black Projects" Department.

Eventually, we met a group of people who had exactly what we needed - a way to clone you without having to get a hold of your memory patterns. That's why we used the T.I.R. process.

As you can see, it worked.

Archangel: So, what do you need me to do?

Dr Morrison: For now, rest. I've already had Quarters prepared for you with a complete summary of Galactic events since you were captured, as well as the circumstances surrounding your capture. You'll need to read it before I can consider you ready for assignment.

Archangel: So you have one lined up?

Dr Morrison: Yes - and despite what you may expect, enough has changed about the target since you last knew them that it warrants a dossier on them.

Archangel: Who is it?

Dr Morrison: The only person who knows you well enough to predict your actions: Samantha Allington.

*She smirks before stepping out of the tank and looking directly at him, as the smirk vanishes from her expression.*

Archangel: I'm ready now.

Dr Morrison: No, I need you to read the information packet to get up to speed, then the dossier on her. Trust me, you'll need every bit if information you can get. A lot has changed over the last 10 years.

Archangel: Fine.

Dr Morrison: The guard at the door will take you to your quarters.

*Archangel walks off. The first Scientist walks over to Morrison.*

You okay?

Scientist 1: That was... intense.

I opted against scanning her, so maybe you could fill me in on the grudge she seems to be barring against herself?

Dr Morrison: I suspect it has something to do with the fact that during her time as Archangel, she developed her own personality, distinct from the Samantha Allington personality, to the point where she resented the idealistic and kind-hearted personality of Sam Allington, so much so that she occasionally would need to be stunned to keep her from killing someone if they called her by that name.

The Director solved that problem in 2 ways: a) he ordered everyone to refer to her by her codename, and b) he kindly asked Archangel to exercise restraint. He also had one of her implants disabled to lower her aggressiveness, since it wasn't needed on her missions.

Scientist 1: Morrison, I've met Allington. "Idealistic" is not exactly the word I'd use to describe her.

Dr Morrison: What can I say? The Archangel Project left a lasting impression on her. That would make anyone second-guess themselves for a while.

Well, I'd better go see Stane and tell him how it went.

*He walks out and goes to see Stane.*

Mr Stane, I have good news. The Archangel duplicate was a success.
The Game of Houses (A Klingon fan-fic)

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Captain
# 9258
08-23-2013, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*Galactic Edge, Stane's Facility. 2 human scientists stand in front of one of the tanks.*

Scientist 1: This didn't work the first time.

Scientist 2: The first time, the O.S.S. got in our way.

Scientist 1: How do you even plan to make this work?

Scientist 2: The personality block is still in her mind. All the O.S.S. did was place it in dormancy.

We took the most recent DNA sample we had and used that. It still had the personality block, so we just need to remove all her memories since Archangel's last mission.

Scientist 1: I'm guessing that's why you've plugged the power grid into her brain?

*He takes note of the cortical stimulator attached to he forehead of the Ghola - of Sam.*

Scientist 2: It's also why you're here, Karram. I need a telepath to monitor the memory trigger. Once it reaches around the point of time we want, I'm going to activate the stimulator and interrupt the memory reload.

I'm also going to make your life easier.

Scientist 1: How?

Scientist 2: I asked one of the New Types here to tell me how the reload works. It's similar to the treatment of amnesia - you provide a reminder of a missing memory, and, in this case, it triggers a complete reload of the subject's memory. The subject usually reloads up to the point in time that the trigger memory took place and starts to slow down as it pieces together what happened after that point. I'll be using an Archangel Project codeword to trigger the reload, so she'll linger around the target memories for a while, while her mind pieces every after that together. It'll give you longer to alert me to trigger the stimulator.

Scientist 1: Wait, Matt. I thought Archangel had extreme cybernetic and genetic enhancements? How were you able to do that with her in the--?

Scientist 2: I didn't. Cybernetics was Matheson's field, and he's dead. I haven't been able to get back to the D.I.S., so I had to piece this together myself. I decided against genetic enhancements because they'd have to take place after awakening and that would mean she'd already have been conscious.

Besides, we don't need it. In missions, Archangel only had to rely on her enhancements on 3 occasions. Samantha Allington already had exceptional marksmanship skills, which she used on several occasions, and when she did have to resort to hand-to-hand, the training we provided her with was more than adequate. She doesn't need enhancement.

Are you ready?

Scientist 1: You're asking me to relive every memory she's ever had up until the target memory. I've only done this once; when I had to help an amnesiac. It's an extremely taxing experience, especially with those who have lived difficult lives like Allington. Her D.I.S. training was brutal - it would constantly push the boundaries of her endurance. THis is not going to be easy.

Scientist 2: If you want, I could bring in another telepath to help.

Scientist 1: No... No, I can handle it.

*He takes a deep breath.*

Ready when you are.

Scientist 2: Okay, I'm bringing her out of the tank.

*He presses a control and the tank is drained of the strange fluid, before it opens. The second scientist looks at the medical screen, making sure that her higher brain functions are initialising. Once he's certain that her brown is processing auditory stimuli, he turns back to her.*

Archangel, initiate Lucifer Protocol.

*The first scientist gasps as the reload starts, with Sam's entire life flashing past him until everything starts to slow down, allowing him to take in certain images; a hangar exploding, waking up on a bio-bed, then breaking someone's neck. Slowly, he begins to process more and more of the events, until he hears an alert sound in a set of D.I.S. quarters.*

Scientist 1: Now!

*The second scientist triggers the stimulator, interrupting the reload. The first scientist grasps his head, recovering from the exhaustive contact. Suddenly, the Ghols waskes up, looking at the second scientist.*

Scientist 2: State your identity.

Ghola: Archangel.

*The Scientist smiles before turning to his colleague.*

Scientist 2: It worked!

Archangel: Dr Morrison?

*He then turns back.*

I don't... feel the implants.

Scientist 2 (Dr Morrison): There's... a lot I'll have to brief you on. You're not exactly the original Samantha Allington.

*Archangel glares slightly.*

I mean Archangel.

Archangel: I'm a clone?

Dr Morrison: Not exactly. You're what the people here call a "Ghola".

Archangel: "Ghola"?

Dr Morrison: I agree completely - it's a terrible name which says so little about what you truly are. I prefer "Total Individual Replica", or T.I.R.

You're more precisely duplicated than a clone, with no replicative fading. In nearly every respect, you are the original Archangel, except for the part where you're a T.I.R.

It has been more than a decade since your last memory. A lot has happened in that time.

What's the last thing you remember?

Archangel: I was in my Quarters when the alarm went off. I called in, and I was told that we were being attacked by the Office of State Security. After that, it's just fragments.

Dr Morrison: You were captured. In the fighting, a Deuterium Tank accidentally ruptured and a fire started. Nearly the entire research staff on the Archangel Project were killed in the explosion. A few of us survived and eluded capture: Dr Matheson, Dr Warren, Dr Ka'ren, and myself. Dr Jo'tak was captured and sentenced to life imprisonment for treason and genetic experimentation.

Archangel: Are the others here?

Dr Morrison: No. Matheson was killed after betraying our organisation to the Republic 2 years ago. Samantha Allington was the one who captured him.

*Archangel clenches her fists.*

I ran with Warren and Ka'ren for a few months, before I decided to try and find a way to salvage you. Warren and Ka'ren believed that it was a bad idea to try and restore you, and instead decided to try to restart the program from scratch. They went back to try and rejoin the D.I.S. I don't know if they succeeded.

I guess someone found out I was looking for funding to try and reproduce you, because the next thing I know is I'm talking to Obadiah Stane and being offered a position in his "Black Projects" Department.

Eventually, we met a group of people who had exactly what we needed - a way to clone you without having to get a hold of your memory patterns. That's why we used the T.I.R. process.

As you can see, it worked.

Archangel: So, what do you need me to do?

Dr Morrison: For now, rest. I've already had Quarters prepared for you with a complete summary of Galactic events since you were captured, as well as the circumstances surrounding your capture. You'll need to read it before I can consider you ready for assignment.

Archangel: So you have one lined up?

Dr Morrison: Yes - and despite what you may expect, enough has changed about the target since you last knew them that it warrants a dossier on them.

Archangel: Who is it?

Dr Morrison: The only person who knows you well enough to predict your actions: Samantha Allington.

*She smirks before stepping out of the tank and looking directly at him, as the smirk vanishes from her expression.*

Archangel: I'm ready now.

Dr Morrison: No, I need you to read the information packet to get up to speed, then the dossier on her. Trust me, you'll need every bit if information you can get. A lot has changed over the last 10 years.

Archangel: Fine.

Dr Morrison: The guard at the door will take you to your quarters.

*Archangel walks off. The first Scientist walks over to Morrison.*

You okay?

Scientist 1: That was... intense.

I opted against scanning her, so maybe you could fill me in on the grudge she seems to be barring against herself?

Dr Morrison: I suspect it has something to do with the fact that during her time as Archangel, she developed her own personality, distinct from the Samantha Allington personality, to the point where she resented the idealistic and kind-hearted personality of Sam Allington, so much so that she occasionally would need to be stunned to keep her from killing someone if they called her by that name.

The Director solved that problem in 2 ways: a) he ordered everyone to refer to her by her codename, and b) he kindly asked Archangel to exercise restraint. He also had one of her implants disabled to lower her aggressiveness, since it wasn't needed on her missions.

Scientist 1: Morrison, I've met Allington. "Idealistic" is not exactly the word I'd use to describe her.

Dr Morrison: What can I say? The Archangel Project left a lasting impression on her. That would make anyone second-guess themselves for a while.

Well, I'd better go see Stane and tell him how it went.

*He walks out and goes to see Stane.*

Mr Stane, I have good news. The Archangel duplicate was a success.
OOC: Couldn't have done it better. *applause* My turn for Gyunei and Preston.. So he better be ready...*

Stane: Good. Have her rest up and wait for her team to awaken. I can see from here *looks out overseeing the tank room..* that Gyunei is coming up next. Have her stretch out her muscles and brush up. Her mission will start soon. Besides Weynal is pushing things ahead than I would have liked...

But this should make things easier for our masters..

*Noise from the room comes as the tank decodes the second Ghola. The hulking menace is awake... They soon take him to a chamber and lock him in with a prisoner... *

Prisoner: I won't die... No..

Gyunei: *coughing* What?

*The prisoner lunges but misses and stumbles. He soon recovers and the brawl ensues... Punch for punch... The Prisoner is soon choking the life out of Gyunei... *

Gyunei: *his head is in pain as his mind is remembering things something of another life... alien to what is right now. * *A crafty voice brilliant as his eyes glow red in power*

No..

*Normal voice his post awakening*

No..

*He suddenly grabs the prisoner by the head and lifts him off the ground and slams him down and grasps the man by the neck.. beating him and with a sickening snap of the neck a simple move.. and he is dead. His mind breaks and pain erupts his memories flood back to the moment of his death.. but the odd thing is he remembers his original memory as well as the others.. But the dominant is the one that terrorfied the Galaxy...*

Gyunei: Where am I... Who is in charge here? *A Song plays in the corner of his mind. *

Waff 2: You are at the edge of the galaxy.. Gyunei. It has been some time since you where last alive and things have changed.

Gyunei: Waff... I see you have a new body and serve a new master.

What do you want of me?
Captain
# 9259
08-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Stane: *brings up the comm* Bring him to me.. I wish to speak with him, and inform him of his new goals.

Waff 2: Yes master.

If you will come with me.
Career Officer
# 9260
08-23-2013, 06:01 PM
OOC: sorry was sick most the day