Lt. Commander
# 11
06-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Oh my god. As if the missions were actually hard. Got news for ya: you can do any mission with just the gear your ship starts with. Even (non-elite) STF's.

You must be one of those dudes that goes to Ker'rat and complains that Klingon ships are OP.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-16-2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbrand
Oh my god. As if the missions were actually hard. Got news for ya: you can do any mission with just the gear your ship starts with. Even (non-elite) STF's.

You must be one of those dudes that goes to Ker'rat and complains that Klingon ships are OP.
Given your ship starts with zero consoles (if nothing else), I would strongly suggest putting in at least a little outfitting time before even a normal STF.

And dropped weapons are fine and dandy but there is no guarantee you'll get consistent flavors (which is likely why there are rainbows out there, that and the fact that if you don't have the consoles to go with the weapon type you are going with, iti won't matter if you are mixing damage types).

Yes there are ways to get consoles and to fill out a damage type set, but it usually takes a bit of time to grind out the EC to play the exchange or the dilithium store (not to mention the desire to horde dilithium towards other things like C-points).

Oh, and bank space is also an issue, since you'll want to collect different damage types until you decide what you have enough of to commit to.

I notice one of the OP's big sticking points is not having 50k per fleet member as signing bonuses though.... fleets are NOT necessary. They might be after season 6 starts but so far they are only needed for fleet banks. At the very least, you certainly don't need one at low levels. Why not wait til you have the EC for signing bonuses? It will happen.

It is definately doable though, and the early levels don't really mattter. You should be through them in days. Seriously, this is one of the most F2P friendly games in existence.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-16-2012, 11:03 AM
A rainbow ship can be more effective than one thats all peppermint
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMA-1986
You went from anger to pity?

That's a coincidence, I feel the same way about you.

The above quoted post is an example of "Winning" a thread.
I am in agreement. The whole anger to pity thing. Except I don't pity them at all.

I went from 'This person is offensive and makes me angry everytime she (might be he don't know) posts" to now, everytime I see a post from them, I have to open the thread, because likely ... likely it will be full of hilarity. Unintentional hilarity I am sure. But , if you can't laugh with them , might as well laugh at them, and their silly antics.

And to the OP.
I intend to test this myself , except not give up when life gets too hard for my new toon.
I imagine just what drops from a patrol mission alone can sell and get me started replicating provisions for 120 and reselling on xchange for 300 to start.

Missions drops will get me started weapon and console wise, and as someone pointed out earlier , you can find Blue doffs on the xchange for 1000, Green for 100, and white for 1. Building the crew I want should be easy enough.

You just gave up to easy.
I will report back later.
Once I get this new toon started.

Peace !
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-16-2012, 11:11 AM
Tempting but then that would give me two accounts and im not sure thats legal
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Tempting but then that would give me two accounts and im not sure thats legal
You are allowed to have several accounts.
However you are only allowed to use one for posting on the forums.
If you are found out for example fanning flames with an alt account in a thread you made with your main account, then that is a ban incoming for sure. (I think... Well the punishment is surely severe, most likely alt account being banned from posting on the forum)

As for the OP... Need more sexy. :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Well when i hit my max alts on Sollvax I may need an extra account to fill with new races as they emerge

yeah im greedy I know
but at least im not running a "hottie" orion pretending to be a girl (not that im saying anyone specific is but Gods alive 99% of female orions are G.I.R.L.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Um, you don't need c-store items, 250k, or anything like that to complete misshies.

I did the exact same thing a week or so ago, and I got my F2P experiment to Captain level without any help whatsoever from my main account. I stopped at Captain since I actually made her to be able to pass commander boffs back and forth between my own characters without having to nag peoples to help.

The only thing that F2P players might actually remotely *need* is boff slots.

Just to mythbust some thingies here:
- Rainbow ships without *any* consoles and common boffs with only trained skills can finish normal STFs easily if they're following one of the plans that work. They'll take longer than super-duper SNERT ships, but they should be able to get any space normal STF and optional without problems.
- the Azura mission and Tutorial give you 3 boffs, a phaser console, and like a Shield Array Mk2 [Dis] (which is perfect for Orion/Klingon/Gorn/Romulan missions)
- You can get a matched set of weapons from drops. They might not be all the same mk, but at least they'll be compatible with an energy console. If you really want to have absolutely everything up to date weapons, just redo the missions with the weapons you want. They have level-scaled rewards nowadays.
- Alternatively you can go rainbow and use those waffle-shaped all-energy consoles instead and keep the mk numbers higher. It's probably the same dps. a +26% console is actually only 8% in terms of final dps (it's additive, not multiplicative, and the +26% is applying to a mk0 version of your weapon only or something mathematically similar to that) and the waffle is about 5%. Goooo 3%! woo~~~

People go absolutely crazy over equipment. Going from white XII to purple acc dmgx2 is only 7.8% difference. That would only matter if you were missing an optional by what, 75 seconds? Even white X to purple XII dmgx2 is only about 19%, or 2.85 minutes of a 15-minute optional.

Seriously... /sigh

(All of this having been said though, it's not too hard to grind a few misshies and end up with a full set of energy-specific consoles in the 22-24 range and mk xi green/blue pewpews that will take you to within 92% of a purple XII snert for only 1/1000th of the effort).
Lt. Commander
# 19 Kdf
06-16-2012, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbrand

No babe I am the KDF they are complaining about.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-16-2012, 12:18 PM
nah you aren't
The ones people complain about are mostly in a very different fleet to you7