Lt. Commander
# 21 Give up?
06-16-2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieJohn View Post
The above quoted post is an example of "Winning" a thread.
I am in agreement. The whole anger to pity thing. Except I don't pity them at all.

I went from 'This person is offensive and makes me angry everytime she (might be he don't know) posts" to now, everytime I see a post from them, I have to open the thread, because likely ... likely it will be full of hilarity. Unintentional hilarity I am sure. But , if you can't laugh with them , might as well laugh at them, and their silly antics.

And to the OP.
I intend to test this myself , except not give up when life gets too hard for my new toon.
I imagine just what drops from a patrol mission alone can sell and get me started replicating provisions for 120 and reselling on xchange for 300 to start.

Missions drops will get me started weapon and console wise, and as someone pointed out earlier , you can find Blue doffs on the xchange for 1000, Green for 100, and white for 1. Building the crew I want should be easy enough.

You just gave up to easy.
I will report back later.
Once I get this new toon started.

Peace !
No I didn't give up. Life is so easy for me at my lvl I forgot how hard it was to lvl up from a nothing account. Well I have always been gold so I really didn't forget, ahhhh well what i am tryn to say is this experience has open my eyes to the hardships of the f2player. Why do fleets recruit, if they are not willing to help you with resources? I don't need to be told to grind missions. If f2players were recruited properly recruiters would give them something for joining. I mean you know from experience that having nothing isn't fun. My experiment was a sucess not a failure when I ask the recruiter for 50,000 and she refused I said to my self "other name of female dog place here" I have more credits then your entire fleet and your account. It made to mad to be told no. It was time to stop the experiment. I had all the data i needed and it changed my attitude from anger to pity.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieJohn View Post
I intend to test this myself , except not give up when life gets too hard for my new toon.
I imagine just what drops from a patrol mission alone can sell and get me started replicating provisions for 120 and reselling on xchange for 300 to start.

Missions drops will get me started weapon and console wise, and as someone pointed out earlier , you can find Blue doffs on the xchange for 1000, Green for 100, and white for 1. Building the crew I want should be easy enough.
With my second Fed character, I decided to... well, have some character.

I rolled Human, and decided to be as xenophobic as possible. I''m using an all-human very rare BOff roster, only colonising with human colonists (so as not to dilute the population of the new colonies I'm setting up with tainted blood), and only using human/federation weapons (phasers and proton torpedoes). I'm also not buying weapons or consoles from the exchange (in case I buy from a non-human character ), so that makes my new game even more of an entertaining challenge.

As for getting EC, it's incredibly easy if you go to Kerrat as soon as it opens up for you (most of the players there at low level don't know what to do, so getting to the top of the leaderboard is pretty easy. Also, there's no KDF to get in the way for several levels).
Lt. Commander
# 23 being told no
06-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Yes i was spoiled as a child and threw tantrums when my mother said no to me. So what.:p
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangulum_Phoenix
Yes i was spoiled as a child and threw tantrums when my mother said no to me. So what.:p
Somehow, this confession does not surprise me in any way.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangulum_Phoenix
Considering how entitled you seem, I find it hard to believe your parents ever said No to you.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-16-2012, 01:25 PM
I've been free-to-play from the start and I can honestly say that the concept of "struggling" at anything in this game boggles the mind. In fact I've long held a suspicion that the PvE game is so faceroll because it ensures a wider demographic market (i.e. people who have performed amateur lobotomies on themselves can now reach 50 in Star Trek Online).

Other than the EC limit and some retrain tokens, pretty much everything I've bought with C-points has been for vanity. I'm sorry, but for all of Cryptic's faults, being ungenerous with free-to-play accounts is not one of them.

EDIT: I really cannot stress how unfathomably low the difficulty is on the default settings for STO. I'm positive you could run into a group of ground mobs, leave the keyboard, and when you come back half an hour later they'll have found a way to kill themselves for you.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-16-2012, 02:29 PM
As another one of those pittyfull F2Plers I have to ask.

Why should it bother me that the beginner ship looks bad when I trash it after a few hours anyway because I'm already level 20?

The same goes for buying Weapons. I didn't bother to actually make any effort to craft/buy weapons until I was Lv 50 and okay, maybe I would have been able to destroy some ships a few seconds faster but I never hit any point where I thought I might need to buy better gear to win battles. PvP and Team based missions where you need good gear won't start before Lv 50 and everything you actually buy before that will be obsolete the next day anyway because Leveling goes really, -realy- fast in STO.

Also... why on earth should any fleet pay a stranger for joining up? Maybe I'm getting this wrong but one should join a fleet because he has a common ground with them or knows people who already joined up, not because he is being payed for it.
Not to mention how do you make sure the player doesn't leave after being payed? Or decides to ditch STO for another game the next day?
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Regardless of how you feel about f2pers now, why were you even angry about them in the first place?
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-16-2012, 03:49 PM
hate to say it but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMA-1986
That's a coincidence, I feel the same way about you.
+1

edit: I did very well when I started out. Picked up every thing that I could fine to resell. Found a couple decent help sites online and did a fair amount of reading. Knew that there was a site where one could actually search for help as well. (ie Google) Asked (and answered) questions in zone chat.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-16-2012, 05:26 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes