Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
I do stfs, and I do pvp

Looking for the most DPS I can get with the jimmy.

So far what im running is

Omega engines and shield with a borg deflector.

Fore
3x HDC AP
1xQuantum

Aft
3xAP turrets

Consoles
Engineering
1xBorg module
3xNuet.

tactical
3 mags
1 quantum chamber

Science.
Field gen.

Boff layout.
Com. tact
TT1,TS2,RF2,APO3

LT com. tact.
TT1,TS2,RF2

LT universal eng.
ESP1,APSIF1

LT universal SCI
PH1,TSS2

Ensign engineer
ESP1

I will be respecing as well just want some ideas.
-Spells
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-18-2012, 07:26 AM
bump hoping I get some good Ideas
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-18-2012, 08:14 AM
This is the build that I have been using since it was released in December, and it has worked really well for me.

Jem'Hadar Attack Fighter:

3 HDC Poloron MK XII
1 Quantum Torpedo MK XII
2 Turrets, One Poloron beam array
Jem'Hadar set MK XI (Remember the Jem'hadar set has a special bonus if used on a Jem'Hadar attack fighter)
Eng: 4 Armour mods I try a focus on Plasma and kenetic armors, and keep generics in the bank incase I ever get the itch for pvp.
Sci: Point Defence Turret (From the C-store Akira)
Tact: 4 MK XI Poloron inducers (I think thats what they are called, they add damage bonus to poloron weapons)

Uni Eng: EPTS, ENG 2
Uni Sci: Tractor beeam, Sci Team
Ens Eng: ENG 1 (About to replace it with EPTS)
Cmd Tact: Beam Overload 1, Cannon Spread 2, Torp HY III, AP Omega III (Thinking of droping the APO to II, and adding a CRF III)
Lt. Cmd: Tact Team 1, Torp Spread II, CRF II

(I think I got the powers in the right order, either way those are the powers I use)

The Jem'Hadar set is really nice thanks to the shield drain power. I hit a group of sphers in Infected and they loose all facing shields, then I open up a TS on them. This build has a ton of raw power, and I often have more DPS than the rest of the team. I use the beam array for two reasons. 1. It acts as a tracer in the middle of a firefight allowing me to always know which ship I am on so I can whip around and unleash a frontal assult. 2. Beam overload allows me to crit for almost 20k, a normal beam overload's base damage is ac much as 2 torps. On larger targets like a gate, transformer, or cube I can put my ship in a position to where both for and aft weapons are hitting them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-18-2012, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srspells
I do stfs, and I do pvp

Looking for the most DPS I can get with the jimmy.

So far what im running is

Omega engines and shield with a borg deflector.

Fore
3x HDC AP
1xQuantum

Aft
3xAP turrets

Consoles
Engineering
1xBorg module
3xNuet.

tactical
3 mags
1 quantum chamber

Science.
Field gen.

Boff layout.
Com. tact
TT1,TS2,RF2,APO3

LT com. tact.
TT1,TS2,RF2

LT universal eng.
ESP1,APSIF1

LT universal SCI
PH1,TSS2

Ensign engineer
ESP1

I will be respecing as well just want some ideas.
-Spells
get jem set until you have xii omega .

weapons
quad cannons with dhc and turrets.
dump the armor consoles and go for engine power consoles i fly with power settings 60-engines 40 sheilds rest weapons. this should douple ur dps and make the bug fly really fast like it should ;p

u also want rapid fire for ur cannons load out
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-18-2012, 08:32 AM
so phaser quads or disrupters?
-Spells
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-18-2012, 08:38 AM
If your using the Jem'Hadar set it needs to be poloron. You get a damage boost. Also if you spec right and have a red matter capacitor you won't need any engine moods in the eng slots. I keep my engine power at 30, and thanks to my specs it is sitting and 60, and when I pop my redmatter cap it is over 100 for 30 seconds.

Here is a link to the sets bonuses. Also if used on the Bug you get this really nice perk: 1% chance to strip one buff while using Polaron Weaponry. 1% may seem low (better chance than you pulling the bug in the first plact though :p) it is 1% per every bolt fired, and with a properly speced bug CRF II makes this perk really nice.

http://www.stowiki.org/Jem'Hadar_Space_Set

BTW I have the MK XII MACO and OMEGA, the Jemy set actually works a lot better for my playstyle.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-18-2012, 08:42 AM
very cool Ill go get the set.

PS I have all mark 12 stuff. Im kinda a money player.
-Spells
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-18-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srspells
so phaser quads or disrupters?
-Spells
yes u will do far more dmg with quads. the jem set gives alittle bouns to polaron and has a 1% chance to debuff target but the omega set is alot better with quads the quads use engine power not wepaons. also the extra speed is very sexy.

but if u dont wanna use omega then go full polaron with more power to wepaons .

i prefer omega set for speed and dps
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-18-2012, 09:00 AM
ill try the quads.
-Spells
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog0000
yes u will do far more dmg with quads. the jem set gives alittle bouns to polaron and has a 1% chance to debuff target but the omega set is alot better with quads the quads use engine power not wepaons. also the extra speed is very sexy.

but if u dont wanna use omega then go full polaron with more power to wepaons .

i prefer omega set for speed and dps
I tried this with my bug, and it didn't really give me a noticeable diffrence, just changed the way I flew the ship. I moved the Omega set over to my defiant retrofit, with the MK XII phasers weapons. At the end of the day it all comes down to how you play. I fly my bug like an annoying nat that the cubs just can't swat, keeping evasive manuvers, ramming speed, APO III (if not in a tractor beam) in reserve incase I need a massive speed bost. However I'm already pulling 60 engine power, so this little nat is preety fast. My Defiant is a pure alpha striker. On average both the defiant and Bug are equal in terms of DPS, the Defiant is just a little tougher, and the bug is more manuervable.