Lt. Commander
# 1 Backstory for In-Game Items?
06-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Not even sure this is the place to post this, but, it'd be nice if we could get some kind of backstory on a lot of the in-game stuff we pick up. I'm not talking about the phasers, disruptors and so on, I'm more talking about things that you can purchase off the C-Store or earn as Vet Rewards.

For example: The Android BOFFs. Where do they come from? Did the Federation manage to reverse-engineer Data/Lore/B2 and figure out how to mass-produce them? Or, as I suggested awhile back, are they actually advanced versions of the androids from Mudd's Women?

Another example is things like the DOFFs, what happened that allowed the Federation to allow Gamma Quadrant and other species to serve on Federation ships? Not to mention the Remans, Orions and other races you can pick up?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-16-2012, 11:42 PM
Some DOFFs have flavor text, but hardly a backstory. Actually most unique/new items can have quite detailed backstory if you rightclick them to bring up the info box. A good example of this in action would be on the range of items in the LOBI store.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
Some DOFFs have flavor text, but hardly a backstory. Actually most unique/new items can have quite detailed backstory if you rightclick them to bring up the info box. A good example of this in action would be on the range of items in the LOBI store.
Right, I'm aware of that much. It just seems like MAJOR things that should be brought up in canon like other factions joining Federation ships and potentially thousands of Androids being around when they were previously very rare aren't given any backstory (even a cursory one) and should be.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Some things are explained through the lore datachip/accolade series from the academies, such as the policy change allowing non federation species to join Starfleet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-16-2012, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
Some things are explained through the lore datachip/accolade series from the academies, such as the policy change allowing non federation species to join Starfleet.
Right, but that generally explains 'dual citizenship' for certain races and not active enemy groups like those in the Gamma Quadrant.