Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I think much of the PvP community would agree that the energy weapons procs in game need an overhaul. In my opinion weapons in general would hold more weight if they had a passive and an active effect. Here are my suggestions for what energy weapons could do:

Phaser: 2.5% chance to disable weapons for 5 seconds. Passively reduces all weapons damage by 20 once every 15 seconds for 5 seconds.

Tetryon: 2.5% chance to disable a single shied facing for 5 seconds. Passively reduces all shield regeneration by 20 once every 15 seconds for 5 seconds.

Polaron: 2.5% chance to reduce all power levels by 25. Passively irradiates all decks causing dot damage to crew once every 15 seconds for 5 seconds. (currently basically the way it is. Polarons cause extra damage to crew.)

Plasma: 2.5% chance to apply a 1,000k plasma dot over 5 seconds. Passively reduces speed and turnrate by 2.5 once every 15 seconds for 5 seconds.

Disruptor: 2.5% chance to apply an all damage resistance debuff of 10% for 15 seconds. Passively reduces hull repair rate by 10 for 5 seconds every 15 seconds.

Antiproton: 2.5% chance to penetrate shields for 5 seconds.(Basically a version 1 Directed Energy Modulation but in proc form). Passively grants a boost to crit severity and critical chance. (The passive is basically what it does now.)

Now My thought is that NONE of these should stack. And the passives should only reapply their debuff of the specific weapons type. Meaning for example that 5 ships firing Phasers on a single target wouldnt reduce their targets weapons power by 100 but instead would cause that target to consistently fire at minus 20 weapons power once every 15 seconds for 5 seconds. Also to compensate for Antiprotons new D.E.M. like proc critical severity and critical chance could be reduced somewhat slightly from what it's current values are.

I'm not a numbers guy so if anyone likes this idea feel free to reply or re-post my thread with your numbers plugged in. I just was trying to formulate a proposal on what a nice change might actually be. But the most important thing is that we start and maintain a conversation public within the community of the things we really want to see changed in PvP so it is constantly on the developers minds. So what do you guys think?

-Captain Shift-
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Bad Idea

Phasers are even more OP in this setup and I don't even want to get started on the anti-protons.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-16-2012, 10:12 PM
I disagree on the Polaron proc.

First of all you nerf it to -25 again basically, it was more if u spec into it now.
Also you totally forget to neglect the EPS transfer that people have.

Pre S4 it was -25, but everyone had a base of 100% transfer speed. Now basically everyone specs into EPS (also to fully buff EptS etc) so even if u can get a -37~ish polaron proc now basically its been nerfed compared to pre S4.

Also add to that power insulators decrease the polaron proc effect even more.
The crew part of the polaron (if it even works) is negligable since crew in pvp literally means nothing lol.

Polaron should be a 5 second debuff of -25 power levels at least.

Tetryon proc, whats wrong with the current proc? its not bad or anything. For the proc ur proposing its basically just as OP as the current phaser shield proc, sure its only 1 facing this time, but that proc will proc all the time while phasers was basically a roll with a 25% chance to shield proc. What about when ur hold and the proc goes off? U cant turn to compensate. the same old crap.

Plasma 1000K hull damage for 5 sec, thats 5000K dmg per proc. I think that becomes a bit OP after a while especially with hull debuffs.

Phaser proc reduces weapons seems a bit too specifically targetted against a single aspect; weapons.
Ever heard of Pet phaser proc spam? :p

Disruptor, should have gotten a buff just like the polarons since the game started. -10 hull debuff really just isnt noticable imo. -15 or -20.

The ideas from procs basically not able to stack sounds good, but i think the opvp community basically agreed on that since .. i cant even remember.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfader1988
I disagree on the Polaron proc.

First of all you nerf it to -25 again basically, it was more if u spec into it now.
Also you totally forget to neglect the EPS transfer that people have.

Pre S4 it was -25, but everyone had a base of 100% transfer speed. Now basically everyone specs into EPS (also to fully buff EptS etc) so even if u can get a -37~ish polaron proc now basically its been nerfed compared to pre S4.

Also add to that power insulators decrease the polaron proc effect even more.
The crew part of the polaron (if it even works) is negligable since crew in pvp literally means nothing lol.

Polaron should be a 5 second debuff of -25 power levels at least.

Tetryon proc, whats wrong with the current proc? its not bad.

Plasma 1000K hull damage for 5 sec, thats 5000K dmg per proc. I think that becomes a bit OP after a while especially with hull debuffs.

Phaser proc reduces weapons seems a bit too specifically targetted against a single aspect; weapons.
Ever heard of Pet phaser proc spam? :p
There is nothing wrong with the current tetryon proc except for the fact that like every other proc in the game its crap compared to phasers. This was just my attempt at some constructive changes that might make all the weapons types more attractive. And the purpose of my post was to get a yay or nay on my idea which I dont think will be very popular. :p And of course to gather other peoples constructive idea on changes that would encourage 90% of the players within the pvp community to use something other than phasers. And thank you for both yours and Aytanhi's prompt feedback. lulz.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-16-2012, 10:19 PM
TBH, the current weapon tier in my head is

Phaser > Polaron > Anti-proton > Tetryon = Disruptor > Plasmas

Plasma needs a major buff, and disruptor could be looked at again.

Generally the current weapon procs are pretty balanced, but a lot of people are still running with their equips from previous seasons when phaser was much more powerful such as myself.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-16-2012, 10:23 PM
On the plasma weapons... all they need to do to fix those is to align them with the buff they gave the plasma torps recently.

2.5% chance to apply basicly the same dot the non buffed torps do which is 1500-2000 dmg over 10 seconds.... allow it to stack to a max of 10. I don't see this as being OP and honesty it would be very usable... I have built plasma torp boats and if I can stack 3-4 its enough to burn people from 10% if they don't have a hazards and a few of the procs crit.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-16-2012, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S.S.Bloodmage
There is nothing wrong with the current proc. This was just my attempt at some constructive changes that might make all the weapons types more attractive. And the purpose of my post was to get a yay or nay on my idea which I dont think will be very popular. :p And of course to gather other peoples constructive idea on changes that would encourage 90% of the players within the pvp community to use something other than phasers. And thank you for both yours and Aytanhi's prompt feedback. lulz.
No problem. that was super fast writing dont bother with the grammar lol

I just think that based on our current experience with all weapon procs, we need to make decisions based on that.

For instance;

Phasers:
5 sec engine downtime = -15% bonus defense, its not as lethal as shield proc but still very, very effective.
5 sec shield downtime = Basically 50/50 but often just death.
5 sec aux downtime = Ok, u cant use your aux based stuff for 5 secs. The chance that u just had to pop that auxiliary heal on that time it procced is pretty low. It happens but not often.
5 sec weap downtime = ok whatever, too bad. not pretty severe.

Overall: Most powerful proc in game.

Tetryon:
-240~260 shield drain on all facings = Can u really tell? I cant.

Polaron:
-25~40 drain on all subsystems = No implications on any shield level, no power system goes down. (Because this only happens at 0) Effect not noticable. Everyone specced into full EPS as expected from PvPer. Also can be countered with some points in insulators. its basically less effective then before Season 4. Crew damage what? who needs crew.

Plasma:
- Um... u dont even not feel the proc the whole weapon is basically useless in PvP.

AP:
- um... ... .. what um.. why did i take these weapons again? Oh yes! They crit MUCH harder! Oh right! Even my Lolaron DHC [CrtD]x3 gives me higher Severity! Oh well in any case this weapon needs some change and i think we should completely revamp this weapon.

Disruptor:
- Hull debuff -10, the effect of hull debuff is just beginning to get noticeable with beta1, not noticable.

I think this is the accurate description on how most PvP'ers feel these weapons and their proc effectiveness.

The rest is just placebo effect.

tbh i doubt that some procs even work :p

kkprocchnk!
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-16-2012, 10:29 PM
You know, phasers can be evened out to polaron level by reducing the proc time by 1 or 2 seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 9 Thnx For The Feedback Guys
06-16-2012, 10:42 PM
Yup. haha. All it took was a couple of pvpe'rs but yah. My initial idea is FAR FROM BALANCED:p. However some subtle changes to the weapons proc's is really what would make them a lot more attractive. All in all they are balanced currently but their effects need to be tweaked.

I'd agree with Aytanhi. Phaser proc wouldn't be so overpowered if the duration of its effect was reduced to 2.5 seconds. I also agree with Husanak that the dot damage on plasma could be tweaked up. MT is right about the Polaron's. With the new system they need an update along with Antiproton's and of course the Tetryon's are barely noticeable on drain. I'd like to see them actually draining something that is visually detectable when the proc goes off.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think MT's post about the general idea of how many pvpe'rs feel put the bullseye on the overall feeling of the community when it comes to all six weapons types and their procs.

-Captain Shift-
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-16-2012, 10:54 PM
For me currently it's Phasers > Polaron/(AP if Tac) > Disrupter > Tet(AP if not Tac) > Plasma

Phasers - 1 roll, then another if the 1st role is a hit to determine which sub goes down. No stacking/rolling procs. 1 downed system from phasers @ a time. 5 sec immunity from phasers dropping another subsystem. Note: the immunity wouldn't prevent VM or TSSx from dropping a subsystem. Imo weapon procs should be less effecitive then Boff abilities. W/enough phasers shooting at you it's easy to have 3 subsystems drop.

Plasma - Proc prevents cloaking until cleared/kills crew. Not a damage proc, but can make it harder for Cloaked vessels to escape while setting up TTSx et al to be more effective.

Tetryon - up the damage by 5-10x what it is now. There's too many shield resists/HP boffs to have it proc @ such a low damage output

The others I'd leave along for now.

Also, no weapon procs for pets.