Lt. Commander
# 1 RP Spot in Game?
06-17-2012, 01:52 AM
When I was playing regularly we used to meet up in Quarks on a regular basis. I was just wondering if A there are still RP'ers playing regularly and B if there is a spot that people meet up at, like Quarks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-17-2012, 02:02 AM
yes there are places
the challenge floor in first city is one
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-17-2012, 02:12 AM
Uh... places? Why would people spread out and not pick a centralized location? That just seems like community suicide. How are RP'ers supposed to meet anyone without a central place to meet up at? I notice even the roleplayers channel that was started is dead. The Challenge Floor in the first city. What is that exactly? Is that some Klingon area?
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-17-2012, 08:55 AM
You can always head to Drozona station where apparently the thing to do is dance on tables if you're female or awkwardly pay them for it if you're male or make cheesy passes at one another. I mean I guess that's RP.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized
You can always head to Drozona station where apparently the thing to do is dance on tables if you're female or awkwardly pay them for it if you're male or make cheesy passes at one another. I mean I guess that's RP.
Or you can skip all that cheesy mushy overcrowded stuff and do your roleplaying as TOS / TNG styled starship Captains on ship bridges or even on task force operations.

In this instance roleplaying is used as a tool to familiarize new players with STO's unique game and ship design mechanics by use of canon-styled storytelling.

There are RP channels and they would not be so... dead, if we could only look beyond what's happening at Drozana and take a look at what Star Trek SIMMs and writers' guilds are doing.

STO is the perfect place to conduct supplemental interactive activities for SIMMs as well as experiment with starship tactical doctrine in a variety of challenging scenarios.

And that to me is roleplay. Social RP is overrated.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-17-2012, 11:10 AM
Any of the big social zones seems to be a good spot to start. All of the major stations of your faction, and especially the cross factions once such as DS9 and Drozana. Since the game is instanced, it is hard for everyone just to say "Hey, Lets meet here!" As you could all be spread out across three instances.

So it comes down to how you meet new people in everyday life, you trip, shot them in the foot with your phaser and nurse them back to health until you become best friends/lovers
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Where is Drozana? It's been a while for me as I'm a bit out of the loop. I can't say that I agree as far as the getting everyone together in one spot goes. We used to meet up in Quarks all the time on a regular basis and never had any trouble. Sure we made multiple instances, but at least we had people regularly running into each other, which caused friendships to form and people actually doing things together. It helped quite a bit to build community.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Try the STORP channel, though it seems to be more frequently used in, errrm, *awkward tone* STF arrangement.

Still, some people in there actually DO RP, such as myself and a fleetmate of mine who originally told me about it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal_Valor View Post
Where is Drozana?
It's in the sector straight down from ESD or left from Qo'nos. People like meeting there because both factions can beam in. The devidians hopping in occasionally are annoying, but what can you do? There's definitely RP there on weekends like today, I was overwhelmed by local chat this afternoon with everyone dancing on the bar and talking to each other.

I'd suggest also looking into RP fleets in the fleet listings here. There are quite a few of them if you look.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-18-2012, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn
Try the STORP channel, though it seems to be more frequently used in, errrm, *awkward tone* STF arrangement.

Still, some people in there actually DO RP, such as myself and a fleetmate of mine who originally told me about it.
It seems silly to me to join an RP channel and not RP. That, I just don't get. As far as the other joint, I'll check it out. I miss the old days in Quarks. Isn't Quarks a neutral spot too?