Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
I queued up for Cure Elite STF last night at 1021pm and joined the mission at 1023pm...and when I got there, the mission was already in progress and failed at 1024pm.

I didn't select to join a mission already in progress. And if I had waited for the 60 second count-down to join the mission it would have been over and everyone would be gone by the time I'd arrived.

But what really just annoys me to no end is that I had to sit behind the 60 minute cool-down timer to do the mission again!

Haven't we suffered enough? Can't we get the cool-down timers REMOVED if a mission fails?

Between the lag, the disconnects and now the "we join your scheduled program already in progress" craziness it is becoming nearly impossible to successfully complete an STF.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-15-2012, 12:48 PM
I had that the other day, joined Infected a few minutes in and they failed the optional just as I got to the first transformer. Still had a couple of nanite probes intact so didn't do the 10% rule either. Was frustrating because I had to wait like you for another chance to get the optional and extra goodies. Granted we didn't fail it, but it was annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-16-2012, 08:57 PM
I've had the same thing happen. I also did NOT queue for one in progress and got put into one that was already complete.
And apparently, the group that completed it, got the optional (Cure Elite). so, grats to them, lol
But I ended up with no loot (because it was already completed) and still got the lockout timer.
/facepalm

/submit ticket for GM response. And (two days later) was basically told, That sucks, wait it out.
Really? No s**t.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-17-2012, 11:36 PM
It happened to me saturday night. Infected space elite. These 3 poor klingon had hard fight with spheres. I went into, another player went too. Finally we end up quickly. It's leavers fault. 1hour is not enough. 2 hours of penality is really good thing. Because we will be sure one bad player will not be in stf for 2 hours
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-18-2012, 03:02 AM
I think we should have a choise about partecipating an stf started by someone else and I also think that devs should should change a bit the stf missions:

a) a greater penalty for player leaving a elite stf: 2 hours ban for that mission, 1 hour for any else including normal stf missions).... This should be applied not only to the first one who leave the mission.

b) every ship's damages should be permanent until repair.

c) a penalty if the elite mission is failed... ex. a player should play 10 normal stf before traying a new elite one.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-18-2012, 04:30 AM
I had an odd moment when I started a Cure Space Normal yesterday.

After entry I veer right to go after the Borg bops... Then my ship inexplicably takes off (out of control) towards the edge of the map and I get a "warping" cut-scene. Then I get dumped back at the spawn point.

It happened so fast I'm not sure if I got dumped back in the same map or not.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-18-2012, 11:55 AM
The other day, I queued for CSE and ended up getting dumped in the cure GROUND....this has happened twice so far. Now, whenever the queue acts flaky and won't lett me queue up after multiple clicks, I change instances and that seems to do it.
Lt. Commander
Every time I que for a new mission if you check the next tab for existing you will see your marker there as well
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Would be nice if the first player to abandon an STF before it is finished (success or not) either were the only ones who got the penalty, or get twice the penalty. Especially on Elite. If one person decides to go derpy and rage-quits, the whole team suffers equally right now, and on Elite it is very difficult (often next to impossible if you're a PUG) to prevail if even one person rage-quits.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Here's what happens:
Yes, you get auto queued for in progress. STF's are 5 man teams. When someone bails because the optional fails, or they get disconnected and don't log back in fast enough, their vacant spot gets back filled by the next in line so the other 4 aren't left doing a 5 man job. I agree, this sucks. Especially when you're sent to a team that has already finished and you get no rewards and the hour cool down.
Keep this in mind. Its a business. It's all about the books being written in black ink at the end of the day. Statistically, the system works correctly most of the time, so they most likely won't try to fix this.
One time I couldn't get a weapons lock on the the probes. I could select everything but the probes right in front of me 10km away and they flew happily into the f'n transwarp gate like they were following The Beam in The Dark Tower. Grrr... I actually bailed on the STF at that point, because I hammer fisted my laptop and it rebooted... Whoops...