Lt. Commander
# 1 Character/Boff Challenge #1
06-17-2012, 01:13 PM
Inspired by the Literary and Foundry challenges as well as the complexity of creating characters and bridge officers of various species, I have decided to start a challenge dedicated to creating such characters/boffs.

The first challenge will deal with:
The Remans

After the recent events in Romulan space, the Remans have won their freedom. However part of that freedom is in the ability to enlist in the Klingon Defense Force or Starfleet - but will they find happiness there? You will decide!

Your task will be to create an Alien Bridge Officer* costume and post all the details (except personalization, though notes can be added on the subject)in this forum thread. The bridge officer must look like a Reman, so it would be a good idea to use the Reman Bridge Officer from the "Cloaked Intentions" Featured Series as a basis if possible.

I will attempt to recreate each and every one of the candidates using my own bridge crew, and the best design will receive 250 000 Energy Credits ingame, and the design will be placed in the reserved post below.

* - Note that a character costume will suffice, however bridge officers are more commonly available and will be an easier method for most players. Whichever of these you choose depends on you alone.

Note that while I may attempt to create a costume of my own, it will not participate in the competition and will NOT affect the winners in any way.

Good luck, and have fun building!

Edit: I forgot to include an ending time - the challenge will last until August 1, 2012 at 1700 UTC.
Lt. Commander
Reserved post for winner.
Lt. Commander
Reserved for when and if I create a costume of my own.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Well... Time for me to get to work.

Edit: Could a moderator move this thread to a more appropriate forum? I'm not entirely sure Ten Forward was a good place to put this in :/
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-18-2012, 02:53 AM
Hmmm, could anybody from the STO wiki put the winning results up (assuming there is an entry )?
Captain
# 6 The best Reman design!
06-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Re-reserving posts for winner and my own design.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Captain
# 7 My Reman design
06-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Re-reserved for my design.

Well, at least I get to do not one, but TWO bumps to my thread
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
Rihannsu
# 8
06-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Coincidently I'd made a Reman cadet just today.

Edit: Sorry for the life of me I can't remember the exact combination of thingies I used, I probably couldn't recreate it exactly.

Last edited by nrobbiec; 06-21-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Captain
# 9
06-21-2012, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrobbiec View Post
Coincidently I'd made a Reman cadet just today as part of my Jus In Bello mission, this was capped from Foundry, and isn't featured in the actual mission (just to prove it is mine :p)
... Edit the post with the settings, as I requested in the OP.
Captain
# 10
06-21-2012, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
[center]*snip*

Your task will be to create an Alien Bridge Officer* costume and post all the details** (except personalization, though notes can be added on the subject)in this forum thread. The bridge officer must look like a Reman, so it would be a good idea to use the Reman Bridge Officer from the "Cloaked Intentions" Featured Series as a basis if possible.

I will attempt to recreate each and every one of the candidates using my own bridge crew, and the best design will receive 250 000 Energy Credits ingame, and the design will be placed in the reserved post below.

* - Note that a character costume will suffice, however bridge officers are more commonly available and will be an easier method for most players. Whichever of these you choose depends on you alone.

Note that while I may attempt to create a costume of my own, it will not participate in the competition and will NOT affect the winners in any way.

Good luck, and have fun building!

Edit: I forgot to include an ending time - the challenge will last until August 1, 2012 at 1700 UTC.
** - Check STO Wiki for a display format: I want it to be posted as organized as possible, as if you were making a new entry for the wiki alien creation guide. I made a Cardassian and a Romulan by those guidelines, so I know the format works.

Edit: Also, since there is no female Reman displayed in canon, no such design will be a candidate - however male designs can be adapted for the purpose.