Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-18-2012, 10:35 AM
Watch out for Sarah Palin and her 2x TBR tac Karfi. But really, I keep finding more and more matches where all I see is a screen full of pets.
-
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-18-2012, 10:47 AM
Unless you're on a team w/more than 1 person using TBR, I don't see TBR being effective.

1. TBR has a max target limit. (Nothing more annoying than using TBR and not hitting the pet TBing you b/c all the other crap around.)

2. Pets tend to go flying off meaning they may survive and fly back.

3. Doffs make pet deployment rates a joke.

Still haven't tried Scramble Sensors out, but I do have a question. Did the cloak reveal ever get fixed, for example when SS a Fed would reveal KDF allies cloaked? If not Scramlbe Sensors could be a non-starter. If it has been fixed, I'd be willing to try it out w/my brel if for no other reason than to turn the various debuff spam back on the carriers. I'm kinda surprised w/all the AMS/SS that Fed PuGs had been using this hasn't come up in FvF.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-18-2012, 10:58 AM
I haven't noticed the cloak reveal issue, but Scramble isn't as common as it once was either so that could be why. It does still steal Evasives though and that is irritating.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-18-2012, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
Unless you're on a team w/more than 1 person using TBR, I don't see TBR being effective.

1. TBR has a max target limit. (Nothing more annoying than using TBR and not hitting the pet TBing you b/c all the other crap around.)

2. Pets tend to go flying off meaning they may survive and fly back.

3. Doffs make pet deployment rates a joke.

Still haven't tried Scramble Sensors out, but I do have a question. Did the cloak reveal ever get fixed, for example when SS a Fed would reveal KDF allies cloaked? If not Scramlbe Sensors could be a non-starter. If it has been fixed, I'd be willing to try it out w/my brel if for no other reason than to turn the various debuff spam back on the carriers. I'm kinda surprised w/all the AMS/SS that Fed PuGs had been using this hasn't come up in FvF.
TBR and SS are both sub-optimal choices (when your intent is to counter pets).

TBR will likely NOT kill stronger pets (runabouts, frigates, etc) unless it hits them multiple times.
TBR can glitch the system about no simultaneous activation of abilities such as tractor beam, sometimes (rarely) you can TBR some runabouts only to have them come swarming back and drop multiple TB's.

If you get scrambled deploy more pets, those fresh pets arn't scrambled, profit?
Also scrambled pets are just as likely to start popping themselves/eachother and random crap as they are to TB a friendly player.
Scramble helps but it would take a pretty coordinated SS effort to do it effectively, sure you can run SS1 in a lt slot, but for most things that run SS2 or so why not just run GW1 instead? Besides helping with the pets its also snatches up the redeployed pets unless the carrier runs.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Pets are fine, quit trying to change everything to suit your desires MT.
It's f2p there's nothing you can do or say that's going to make things better so just suck it up.

/serious mode on: Nothing. And it's only going to get worse once the Flight Deck Doffs hit fedside. Best bet is to just hose the screen down in warp plasma, gravity wells, TBR, Torp Spreads, and FAW and hope for the best.

And by hose, I mean literally hose. The screen should be purple, green, and white blue by the time you and your team are finished. Every ship needs the above skills, at least 2 of the 3 to even have a chance.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Add Polarize Hull to your list of debuff countering powers? Then die to whatever power you lost a counter for.

I don't really understand why the most annoying pets lately have also been the toughest. (See also, tachyon drones.)

Like, power siphons are annoying and powerful, but they have all the hitpoints of a box of tissue papers. They die to angry glares. So there was some balance there, at least.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Target Aux and VM the carrier too?
Lt. Commander
# 18 spam build
06-18-2012, 12:29 PM
I carry an extra boff with torp spread 3 plus scatter volley 3 on my sci scort. If the spam is effecting my team that much ill disengage my BO3 and swap my dbb for a plasma torp. Doesnt do quite the same dps but if my team isnt harrassed as much we'll fight better anyway. Then fly around and watch all the pets burn!!!
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-18-2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I lost reputation points for using TBR.
Same here, I think this is the only viable option tho.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-18-2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfader1988
Lately ive seen more and more pet spam especially since the release of danubes with the akira and the cat carriers in pvp and i wondered how do i not lose my bonus defense and keep myself maneuvrable. i already use 2x omega 1 and still thats 50% of the time match totally perma-tractored!

What is there to be done about this? any tips would be much appreciated.

last time i was in match i asked them if they reeally needed all that tb spam then to win nd still said gg y?
The tractors can be countered within reason, I really think that the problem is two-fold though. First being that there is no counter to the Chroniton proc, and the other being that Danubes (for some crazy reason) have 18,000 health compared to under 4k for every other deployable on the Fed side.

I get that the Federation needed a high hull parallel to the KDF BoPs and Frigates but it should have been on the Delta Flyers or Class 10s and not the Danubes. If the Danubes had lower health then they could simply be controlled through anti-spam measures, but since they have high health they really become a mounting issue.....