Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
06-18-2012, 12:39 PM
Does PSW break you free of the Danube TB?
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRicky View Post
Does PSW break you free of the Danube TB?
If it hits.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-18-2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Duck
torpedo spread any good for this? i hate the fact I am even considering speccing into torps just to kill these damn crappy pets.

I'm specced into torps duck and I do ok. They just respawn soooo darn fast you can run an all aoe build and never be done. Serious. I have one build with two each of scatter volley, fire at will, and torpedo spread plus both point defense consoles. another wessel just runs two scatter volley and two torpedo spread. And that's fed side. KDF I have an all aoe loadout for my Borta as well as torpedo aoe for my Gorn ship. And I still get overwhelmed by pet spam.

Great for stf's though! Getting kinda hard to tell if your in a cap and hold or infected.

As far as the Bird of Prey goes teh Marmot H.O.D. mocks pet spam. MOCKS!!
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thissler
As far as the Bird of Prey goes teh Marmot H.O.D. mocks pet spam. MOCKS!!
It does so by running away...

Torp Spread is limited by a hard target cap based on rank. 5 at max, an Atrox can launch 4 runabouts instantly from two hangars, having a total of 8 out there.
Then you have stuff like actual fighters (peregrins, toduj, interceptors, stalkers etc) which launch in 3's with a single deploy from both hangars popping out 6 targets.

Ideally your AoE choices for dealing with pets need to not be target capped (this is why GW, EWP, and even FAW/CSV are good). As they can/will effect more pets that said spread will oneshot most non-durable pets so there is that for it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-18-2012, 12:58 PM
best way to counter pet spam is with warp core explosions.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716
best way to counter pet spam is with warp core explosions.
Its like catnip to them, stop exploiting there weakness D:
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-18-2012, 01:05 PM
what about tacticaly buffed feedback pulse?

that does still happen right?

do pets do enough damage to kill themselves?

it lasts for 15 sec, and if all the pets are on you maybe....through spec'ing into threat control?

idunno, trying to think outside the box a little here....
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-18-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon

it lasts for 15 sec, and if all the pets are on you maybe....through spec'ing into threat control?

The danubes have 18,000 health and do very little damage, and therein lies the problem as they're not easily dispatched like KDF siphon pods; as I said on the previous page the problems are the Chroniton proc and the fact that the danube has such insanely high health.

Make the Chroniton proc counterable and reduce the health of the Danube and the problem will be reduced by quite a bit...
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon

Not really, BoPs might, Peregrines/ToDuj probably could. Delta's and Runabouts could probably tank it like a champ. Karfi Frigates just spam torps/mines and circle things ineffectually most of the time, so probably not.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelev
It does so by running away...

Torp Spread is limited by a hard target cap based on rank. 5 at max, an Atrox can launch 4 runabouts instantly from two hangars, having a total of 8 out there.
Then you have stuff like actual fighters (peregrins, toduj, interceptors, stalkers etc) which launch in 3's with a single deploy from both hangars popping out 6 targets.

Ideally your AoE choices for dealing with pets need to not be target capped (this is why GW, EWP, and even FAW/CSV are good). As they can/will effect more pets that said spread will oneshot most non-durable pets so there is that for it.
Theres the kick in the nuts. It used to be that way sort of because of balance passes that were needed it now makes them jokes for all the spam cryptic introduced.