Lt. Commander
# 1 Visible Medals On FED Uniforms
06-18-2012, 08:57 AM
Hi guys been playing for over a year now never really paid much attention to details till now but with my toon running around in the VA Uniform i wondered why STO has not given us the ability to put Medals on display on our Uniforms?? All their is to the VA uniform is empty space on a nice coat with your badge
Why not have a dress code like the Military where you have Medals earned on display on your uniform, would that not look awesome. I never took much attention to it till now but come on guys it would be pretty cool and no not have the option to pin all your accolade badges to your outfit that would look stupid but have a selected few specific that you earn from start game to the rank of VA that can be put on display on your outfit.

All opinions are welcome i want to hear from Dev's as well as the STO community please i know its minor but after this long playing the game and my toon looking well was awesome in the VA outfit to not so awesome because its so plain, allow us to add extra things such as Medals on the front of our outfits guys
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-18-2012, 10:19 AM
you don't wear medals on your duty uniform in most military forces
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-18-2012, 10:26 AM
How many shows have you watched and seen Medal pinning ceremonies. How many times have you watched Officers walking around with all there awards. With all the conflicts, diplomatic events, saving of X race from X occasion. Starfleet officers would not be able to move around much.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Maybe they could show medals on the Fed uniforms right after they enable the visuals for KDF armor and Kits, which haven't worked since game launch.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
Maybe they could show medals on the Fed uniforms right after they enable the visuals for KDF armor and Kits, which haven't worked since game launch.
KDF armor was activated during season 2. It was deactivated sometime during season 3. May have had something to do with the stripe on the side showing yellow for all career types, where as it was color coded for Federation side. KDF armor colors should be customizable.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-18-2012, 02:51 PM
I thought they disabled the KDF faction after Launch..
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Yes, but several of our 'duty uniform' options are clearly nothing of the sort. The Admial's coat, the diplomacy jacket are two that spring to mind.
Lt. Commander
# 8 So
06-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Good thing is just game sound cool...
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-18-2012, 06:53 PM
There are some "badges" in-game - TOS uniform pack or something - that are ribbons. Non-specific, but I use them on a couple of dress uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Quote:
In this case, there is actually a case to be made for Starfleet officers displaying their service jacket.

Like So.

It was quite common throughout the Original Series and Motion Picture era.

Considering we have no control over insignia or variation on that particular uniform, I've been hoping they'd add this to the WOK uniform for a while as something of a 'Flag Officer' option.