Lt. Commander
# 11
06-18-2012, 09:29 AM
I forget what it was... but didn't another game add in new content constantly without finishing/polishing the previous one?

Cause if they went ahead and made a Romulan faction, complete with missions and such, then you'd get everybody going "Why didn't they just finish the KDF side first?"

It makes cryptic look worse to shove out a Romulan faction before polishing KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-18-2012, 09:48 AM
My suggestion is that any 'Romulan faction' be a splinter group that joins the KDF.

Then you get 'more stuff for KDF' plus the faction some people clamor for.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-18-2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Canadian
once again i've been disapointed with the preformnce of cryptic not only are we getting a real lack of content. we're being given stuff we don't need. instead of these blasted fleet starbases. Why not put your time and effert into creating the new faction that has been pushed back again and again and again like well lets see.........................................THE ROMULAN STAR EMPIRE. I'm sure i'm not alone on this. Come on guys!!!!!!!! I WANT MY ROMLUAN FACTION................I WANT MY WARBIRD. I'm sure peaple are done "asking" LAUNCH THE ROMLUAN FACTION...................THAT A ORDER
You mean these Blasted Starbases that the fleets have been asking for pre-launch? You also don't know what end game content is being introduced with season 6. We've been given a taste, but we still can't see the whole picture. The Starbases are adding somthing massive to the game, just with the ability to retrofit a starship, that is something awesome that has been missing.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-18-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahinder
My suggestion is that any 'Romulan faction' be a splinter group that joins the KDF.

Then you get 'more stuff for KDF' plus the faction some people clamor for.
Running with your idea but I say break the Romulan into 3 factions, one that remains their own faction, another splintering off to the kdf, and the third going to the fed.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-18-2012, 10:02 AM
i hope they dont focus on adding a dead faction there is not much left of the romulans plenty of far better races to choose from if they are going to add a faction but they should finish the kdf before they even think about adding more factions.

starbases look ace cant wait for them.
Lt. Commander
Please oh please Flesh out the KDF.. finish the KDF.. dont start romulan before the KDF is finished.. Please.. dump all your resources into the 18% that play it. Please don't jump into a faction that has been highly requested and might have a chance at maybe say.. 20% of the player base. You're questions about KDF and the future of the Romulan Empire has been answered multiple times in Red Alert interviews. Go read some Transcripts and you will see whats going on with Romulan Empire. Also what is going on with the KDF. You guys want more Content on the KDF, Get more people playing it and pushing into the Cstore on it. Currently you were pointed at around 18% of the player base. Stahl is not going to push major resources into fleshing out the KDF side. It was even said levels 1-2X have been put on hold due to lack of a base. Does he one day plan to have it done, yes, is it priority, NO, why, lack of a base. Sorry to say it, Federation is where the money is coming from and until the player base shifts that oppionion, your not going to get much love.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-18-2012, 12:31 PM
The Kdf will never be fleshed out, same goes for a romulan faction if it ever comes. So I say go ahead and make and release the romulan faction, at the very least give it it's own stf gear and a handful of missions along with the currently available missions from the fed faction. They could do the romulan fe from the romulan point of view. At least this way they can release romulan ships and give people a somewhat different experience.if iI have to choose between a pvp and stf focused romulan faction with little mission content or no romulan faction at all, I'll choose "unfinished" faction anyday.

Sent from my phone so please excuse any typing errors.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-18-2012, 01:07 PM
i'm seeing a lot of wild theories here...

but here's a fact OP: content takes them time (weeks) and money to make, and we burn through it in HOURS... not a good thing for them. plus, Fleet Starbases give us something to do, both in general and at endgame (which is a bonus)

any talk of a Romulan faction is still probably a year's worth of stuff they have to go through, and that's at BEST. (most likely optimistically so)

any talk of 'never' finishing the KDF are just too cynical for their own good, or maybe a rant. this is not a part of the OP's posts, but it had to be said anyway.

Cryptic only has so much to go around, and they all take time. Patience is needed, even if you need a break to refill it
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusmajere
Please oh please Flesh out the KDF.. finish the KDF.. dont start romulan before the KDF is finished.. Please.. dump all your resources into the 18% that play it. Please don't jump into a faction that has been highly requested and might have a chance at maybe say.. 20% of the player base. You're questions about KDF and the future of the Romulan Empire has been answered multiple times in Red Alert interviews. Go read some Transcripts and you will see whats going on with Romulan Empire. Also what is going on with the KDF. You guys want more Content on the KDF, Get more people playing it and pushing into the Cstore on it. Currently you were pointed at around 18% of the player base. Stahl is not going to push major resources into fleshing out the KDF side. It was even said levels 1-2X have been put on hold due to lack of a base. Does he one day plan to have it done, yes, is it priority, NO, why, lack of a base. Sorry to say it, Federation is where the money is coming from and until the player base shifts that oppionion, your not going to get much love.
18% is a sham and perpetuated by the Federation ever-faithful and Cryptic's pre-release design (lack thereof) and intentional dump of KDF content due to "lack of resources."

To Cryptic you are nothing but a Cash Cow. When you cease foolishly throwing money at the C-Store for trinkets while having nothing new to use them on but the same worn out content, they will pack up and leave as the Cow as stopped producing. The fleet bases are nothing but gated grinds to keep you distracted for another couple of months. So keep producing and being milked for money for as soon as you stop, you're tomorrow's MMO happymeal.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-18-2012, 02:27 PM
When is the Bajoran Faction going to be released!!? Woo

Or Ferengi!! Yeah Ferengi Faction with 1 playable ship!

Whatelse.. Um.. maybe .. OH I GOT IT.. yes.. Defari!!!

Screw the other factions I want to be a Defari.. all about Balance..lmfao