Lt. Commander
# 21
06-18-2012, 02:49 PM
Defari Traits: Must buy weekly CP's to help keep company afloat, because if the company is not afloat balance is not ensured
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Cryptic has put themselves into a catch 22 situation. We as KDF want our faction to be finished, Cryptic wont finish it because of lack of interest. Why is there a lack of interest? Because the KDF is not finished. All it would take to break this situation is to finish the KDF. If they get it finished people will start playing it more.

Since no body wants to play something that has even less content than the fed side, the KDF suffers.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
THE ROMULAN STAR EMPIRE. I'm sure i'm not alone on this. Come on guys!!!!!!!! I WANT MY ROMLUAN FACTION................I WANT MY WARBIRD. I'm sure peaple are done "asking" LAUNCH THE ROMLUAN FACTION...................THAT A ORDER
you make a good case
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-18-2012, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren_Larreck
Cryptic has put themselves into a catch 22 situation. We as KDF want our faction to be finished, Cryptic wont finish it because of lack of interest. Why is there a lack of interest? Because the KDF is not finished. All it would take to break this situation is to finish the KDF. If they get it finished people will start playing it more.

Since no body wants to play something that has even less content than the fed side, the KDF suffers.
A bunch of fleetmates and myself just started KDF toons and blasted them to level 40 within 2 weeks.

Whatever they're saying about KDF being incomplete, we don't feel it. The missions (though few) are awesome and the huge amount of starships give a lot of variety. I also like that I don't have to spend 440cp on each costume change, as KDF uniforms have an enormous variety and customization potential.

What I would love to see is KDF not being treated as 18%, because if a bunch of Fed captains can be totally sold on playing Klingon raiders after a tour of the fiery halls of Gre'thor... that proves there's something done right on the KDF side and it does deserve expansion.

It's not about being the 18% - its a whole new roleplaying experience to run a KDF ship and crew.

Back on topic :

Cryptic can't even support 2 factions and give them equal attention they both deserve. QC, though steadily improving, still let possibly serious bugs through with each new ship and feature release. What makes OP think Cryptic can rush out 4 more factions in 2 months straight and do -ANYTHING- right at all?

Unless OP can write a whole new business plan for Cryptic expanding STO with community assistance, competent management of said 3rd party resources, etc etc. That would actually give some credibility to such requests.

If not, wait like the rest of us. Fleet starbases and other S6 content are a quantum leap forward, don't ruin the momentum.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-19-2012, 01:22 AM
Some simple suggestions

put a lock on the Rank system (it becomes impossible to be an admiral as a fed until you have a captain as a klingon)

Increase klingon play to levels 1-70
increase fed play (for people who unlock it with klingon to levels 1-70)
introduce romulan play 1-70 Romulan faction to include ROMULANS all other races to be c store unlocks

Reduce all MISSION skill point awards by 50% after rank LT COM
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-19-2012, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahinder
My suggestion is that any 'Romulan faction' be a splinter group that joins the KDF.

Then you get 'more stuff for KDF' plus the faction some people clamor for.
Besides the fact the KDF is very, very unlikely to allow romulans to advance their ranks? (In terms of character being actually in the KDF. Though for rp there are all sorts of mercs working for KDF).

Really, I just don't see Romulans working with Klingons because the Klingons refuse to trust them. I mean, look at what happened when a great house of the KDF aligned with romulans? It was gutted and ruined.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-19-2012, 02:29 AM
Anyway the Romulans are still more powerful than the KDF in terms of controlled space and worlds

perhaps the Federation can be absorbed by the star empire after the Rise of the new Emperor
(whose first decree was the execution of ALL hirogen in the Star empire)
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-19-2012, 03:13 AM
Never hope for a Romulan faction since it will follow the KDF road.

Cryptic can't even make 2 factions right, 3 will be catastrophic.
The Warbirds will be in Lock Boxes sooner then alter, since someone asked for them and Cryptic isn't going to miss a quick bug these days, even if it means to sell out the Star Trek IP and all Star Trek stands for.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-19-2012, 05:28 AM
I'd honestly be shocked to see anything substantial added to the game from now on. I've heard that a lot of the staff have been pulled to work on Neverwinter (Perfect World is already heavily promoting it). Basically, someone at either Cryptic or PWE cottoned on that the real money was in hawking lockboxes and to a lesser extent C-Store ships. You're going to see a lot more of both (with a stress on lockboxes), and that's pretty much all you're going to see.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-19-2012, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavier View Post
Besides the fact the KDF is very, very unlikely to allow romulans to advance their ranks? (In terms of character being actually in the KDF. Though for rp there are all sorts of mercs working for KDF).
More unlikely than Gorn or Orions? They've massaged canon a bit already to create more diversity in KDF -- I mean, really, a 'proper' KDF faction would be nothing BUT Klingons. (I'm happy the way it is now, let me be clear!)

Another option I see as probably the easiest for Cryptic (besides 'nothing') is, as Hawks suggests, Lockbox Romulan ships. Alternately, store purchases.

This would let people shoehorn their own little stories, however they like to 'write' it, into the game without Cryptic having to do much of anything.