Lt. Commander
Ok. I thought I play everyday. I'm still stupid because eventhough gozer makes STF harder I'm still playing STF. So why not to get lifetime. I did it. And what? Nothing is changing. Except my purse which is flater...
No bonus, no extras, no bonus extra, no new clothes. N O T H I N G ! ! ! My orion is still in bikini...
Hope cryptic will not die tomorrow...
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Um, well, let's see...
You unlocked the ability to create a Liberated Borg character.
You'll earn 400 Cstore points a month.
You get the expanded Inventory and bank space free the F2Pers have to buy.
And you get a new title of Career Officer in game and you can make your name blue on the forums.

If you thought you got more than that for a LTS, you should have researched it better before you bought it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-18-2012, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
Um, well, let's see...
And you get a new title of Career Officer in game and you can make your name blue on the forums.

If you thought you got more than that for a LTS, you should have researched it better before you bought it.
For the money, buying a CE is better IMHO.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
Um, well, let's see...

Thank you very much about this explanation. I didn't see this kind of explanation when I subscribed for the lifetime.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feistyfawn View Post
Thank you very much about this explanation. I didn't see this kind of explanation when I subscribed for the lifetime.
NP...
You must have missed this page then:
http://www.startrekonline.com/f2p_features
Oh yeah, and you get a fancy LTS Combadge to put on your uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-18-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Ok. I thought I play everyday. I'm still stupid because eventhough gozer makes STF harder I'm still playing STF. So why not to get lifetime. I did it. And what? Nothing is changing. Except my purse which is flater...
No bonus, no extras, no bonus extra, no new clothes. N O T H I N G ! ! ! My orion is still in bikini...
Hope cryptic will not die tomorrow...
This is why I said, Lifetime is a waste! I still want a refund! Take my fireworks, title, and useless shuttle. lol
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-19-2012, 12:43 AM
If the OP bought the lifetime recently like within a week and is having second thoughts about it, then they can contact support and ask for a refund. Asking for a refund after a month or more has passed is a guaranteed way for support to laugh at you or ignore you politely.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-19-2012, 01:09 AM
But some things are not really obviously. For example. I went to c-store => legacy unlock to claim "career officer". I did it with all my toons. But in the game nothing change. I mean. I don't see any tag which says I'm career officer or something like this. So then. Nice! I got everything, it's ok. I'm glad. But how do they work?
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-19-2012, 01:47 AM
Quote:
But some things are not really obviously. For example. I went to c-store => legacy unlock to claim "career officer". I did it with all my toons. But in the game nothing change. I mean. I don't see any tag which says I'm career officer or something like this. So then. Nice! I got everything, it's ok. I'm glad. But how do they work?
If you are going to play the game more than 2 years it's actually worth it in the long run for an LTS., imo.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-19-2012, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Ok. I thought I play everyday. I'm still stupid because eventhough gozer makes STF harder I'm still playing STF. So why not to get lifetime.
i actually can't even follow this thought train. The game is free...you can play it every day without lifetime sub.
every year you get now 4800 c-points...with 150 euros you could have bought 15000 c-points, with the zen points special sale even more.
it will take you now more than 3 years to reach 15k c-points. I actually doubt the game will be still arround in 2015/2016. depends how much resources cryptic will put into neverwinter.
Seems this was more an impulsive decission, because it was on sale. And not a decission based on information and weighing the pros and cons of it.

it was a cool thing to buy when the game was subscription based, but now it just seems to be the smarter idea to buy c-points and get the stuff you need, or you don't have as a silver subscriber.
But i guess if the game really is still around and worth playing in 3 years, then you can say it payed off (kind of)

on the other hand, the new STF's got easier since they were released, much easier.