Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Ok. I thought I play everyday. I'm still stupid because eventhough gozer makes STF harder I'm still playing STF. So why not to get lifetime. I did it. And what? Nothing is changing. Except my purse which is flater...
No bonus, no extras, no bonus extra, no new clothes. N O T H I N G ! ! ! My orion is still in bikini...
Hope cryptic will not die tomorrow...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Um, well, let's see...
You unlocked the ability to create a Liberated Borg character.
You'll earn 400 Cstore points a month.
You get the expanded Inventory and bank space free the F2Pers have to buy.
And you get a new title of Career Officer in game and you can make your name blue on the forums.

If you thought you got more than that for a LTS, you should have researched it better before you bought it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-18-2012, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
Um, well, let's see...
You unlocked the ability to create a Liberated Borg character.
You'll earn 400 Cstore points a month.
You get the expanded Inventory and bank space free the F2Pers have to buy.
And you get a new title of Career Officer in game and you can make your name blue on the forums.

If you thought you got more than that for a LTS, you should have researched it better before you bought it.
For the money, buying a CE is better IMHO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
Um, well, let's see...
You unlocked the ability to create a Liberated Borg character.
You'll earn 400 Cstore points a month.
You get the expanded Inventory and bank space free the F2Pers have to buy.
And you get a new title of Career Officer in game and you can make your name blue on the forums.

If you thought you got more than that for a LTS, you should have researched it better before you bought it.
Thank you very much about this explanation. I didn't see this kind of explanation when I subscribed for the lifetime.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feistyfawn View Post
Thank you very much about this explanation. I didn't see this kind of explanation when I subscribed for the lifetime.
NP...
You must have missed this page then:
http://www.startrekonline.com/f2p_features
Oh yeah, and you get a fancy LTS Combadge to put on your uniform.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-18-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feistyfawn View Post
Ok. I thought I play everyday. I'm still stupid because eventhough gozer makes STF harder I'm still playing STF. So why not to get lifetime. I did it. And what? Nothing is changing. Except my purse which is flater...
No bonus, no extras, no bonus extra, no new clothes. N O T H I N G ! ! ! My orion is still in bikini...
Hope cryptic will not die tomorrow...
This is why I said, Lifetime is a waste! I still want a refund! Take my fireworks, title, and useless shuttle. lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-19-2012, 12:43 AM
If the OP bought the lifetime recently like within a week and is having second thoughts about it, then they can contact support and ask for a refund. Asking for a refund after a month or more has passed is a guaranteed way for support to laugh at you or ignore you politely.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
06-19-2012, 01:09 AM
But some things are not really obviously. For example. I went to c-store => legacy unlock to claim "career officer". I did it with all my toons. But in the game nothing change. I mean. I don't see any tag which says I'm career officer or something like this. So then. Nice! I got everything, it's ok. I'm glad. But how do they work?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
06-19-2012, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feistyfawn View Post
But some things are not really obviously. For example. I went to c-store => legacy unlock to claim "career officer". I did it with all my toons. But in the game nothing change. I mean. I don't see any tag which says I'm career officer or something like this. So then. Nice! I got everything, it's ok. I'm glad. But how do they work?
If you are going to play the game more than 2 years it's actually worth it in the long run for an LTS., imo.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
06-19-2012, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Ok. I thought I play everyday. I'm still stupid because eventhough gozer makes STF harder I'm still playing STF. So why not to get lifetime.
i actually can't even follow this thought train. The game is free...you can play it every day without lifetime sub.
every year you get now 4800 c-points...with 150 euros you could have bought 15000 c-points, with the zen points special sale even more.
it will take you now more than 3 years to reach 15k c-points. I actually doubt the game will be still arround in 2015/2016. depends how much resources cryptic will put into neverwinter.
Seems this was more an impulsive decission, because it was on sale. And not a decission based on information and weighing the pros and cons of it.

it was a cool thing to buy when the game was subscription based, but now it just seems to be the smarter idea to buy c-points and get the stuff you need, or you don't have as a silver subscriber.
But i guess if the game really is still around and worth playing in 3 years, then you can say it payed off (kind of)

on the other hand, the new STF's got easier since they were released, much easier.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:26 PM.