Lt. Commander
# 11
06-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Wow! During my few months of hanging around in STO, the KDF fans made it sound like there are millions of them. dStahl revealed that the population number for KDF is a whole lot smaller. As a result of the faction luring a small population, the KDF side of the game is not a money maker. Now we know why there is a problem with PvP. Since the KDF population is very low, 50% of the PvP games are stuck in neutral.

Very interesting interview.

Cryptic is beefing up what is bring in the revenue, so that they can continue to give us more content.

Nothing wrong with that approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer View Post
It's chicken-and-egg. Do few play KDF because of the lack of content, or is there a lack of content because few play it?(And let's not get into the history, because to be honest it's immaterial right now.)
Very good points. If I am listening to his interview correctly, dStahl mentioned that there is just a lack of interest. Majority of the players prefer playing Federation characters than KDF characters. As dStahl had also mentioned -- If the KDF faction does pick up a good seized population, Cryptic will go back an flesh out its lower levels. Until the faction starts to pick up steam, Cryptic will focus on neutral endgame content.

Very smart move.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive
Wow! During my few months of hanging around in STO, the KDF fans made it sound like there are millions of them. dStahl revealed that the population number for KDF is a whole lot smaller. As a result of the faction luring a small population, the KDF side of the game is not a money maker. Now we know why there is a problem with PvP. Since the KDF population is very low, 50% of the PvP games are stuck in neutral.

Very interesting interview.

Cryptic is beefing up what is bring in the revenue, so that they can continue to generate profit. . Nothing wrong with that approach.
there, i fixed that for you...

And I am not bemoaning them to make a profit. However, I have yet to see any relation of more money = more content in the game. But I am willing wait and see what they come out with for Season 6. I am hoping they will knock my socks off. But right now, I am not see it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Rax
there, i fixed that for you...
Revenue does not turn into profit until all the expenses are paid. If Cryptic was making a substantial profit, they would have no problem with beefing up the KDF faction. Cryptic is trying to boost the revenue generating content, so that at some point they will be able to make a generous profit.

dStahl revealed that KDF was not generating enough revenue; thus, the content for the faction will be held off until the future.

Again, I see nothing wrong with his thinking.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-18-2012, 01:33 PM
the KDF side is much more... Vocal
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Rax
...I have yet to see any relation of more money = more content in the game. But I am willing wait and see what they come out with for Season 6. I am hoping they will knock my socks off. But right now, I am not see it.
If by content, you are referring to "storyline missions" then you're waiting for Season 7 (due before the end of th year). Season 6 is going to be more "systems" stuff (Fleet mechanics, Starbases, PvP, etc.).

(For details, links, and discussions regarding story, click my signature banner...)
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Stahl seems like a nice guy with a good head on his shoulders and a good sense of humor.

I like that he clearly is responsive to feedback and has a clear vision for the game.

I like that he is resolved to always 'under promise and over deliver' going forward.

I like that he has hired someone to do nothing but tag foundry assets and that he clearly understands the foundry's potential.

Putting the KDF issue to rest (aka stop beating a dead targ)

I think KDF players need to be a bit more realistic in their expectations. Only 16% of STO players play KDF. That number would likely be a bit higher if the faction were 'complete' but given what we know about Trek fans at conventions, at others games etc. the nature of the IP is that overwhelming majority of players will prefer Federation.

BESIDES, 90% of STO players are at endgame. You can't seriously suggest that they go back and create missions starting at lvl 1 for KDF. Rough parity and faction neutral content going forward is the best that KDF fans can hope for. He has laid his cards on the table and been very candid.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-18-2012, 01:46 PM
Good Idea with releasing some ships in future only in SB shipyard. People will need invest in building SB , so sinking dilithium there. Not changing too much for C-points. People will need to buy some C-points for real cash Clever idea
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-18-2012, 01:58 PM
After listening, I have begun to think that the devs are thinking something similar to what Adm. Lance Cartwright thought of us during the praxis incident:

The Klingons are the "alien trash of the galaxy".

I for one am insulted. We should be respected by them, yet we get the same cut-and-paste excuse about "low playerbase" and "too many at max level" that they have always said in prevoius interviews.

But I will not let this deter me. I will still continue to call for KDF content!

Qapla'!
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Sollaf- Sol as in Sol system, laf as in loft without the T

But thanks for mentioning me in your interview
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-18-2012, 05:17 PM
the problem with kdf is that u start half done whats the point ??? to fair u should of had the choices at the start if u want to be kdf or fed not u must play fed then half way u can now change whats the point u allready done half the work and mission on fed so people will just stay there till lvl cap and nothing els to do due to lack of content so they then play a lvl 20 kdf toon till cap lvl then 1 leave 2 restart a toon 3 wast time just sitting around chatting ( due to lack of content)

the second most problem with the kdf if its a mess