Lieutenant
# 11
06-20-2012, 05:12 AM
Well first of all i thought "Whah, whats happened !" but now i've had a little play and Carmenara explained to me i hadn't lost all my mail . . i'm not so worried about the change, sure it's a little different than what we are used too . . but give it a little while and people will be carry on as if nothing has happened, i think the new format is growing on me. Although i would like the option to upload my own avatar like before though . . but that?s my only gripe really. :biggrin:

At the moment i'm fumbling about trying to find out how to navigate the new layout, i've also gotta work out how to link my character to my PW account . . Woo Hoo !

Last edited by drunkenguyver; 06-20-2012 at 05:15 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 12
06-20-2012, 05:15 AM
i agree dodgers. i hope they atleast do some fixing on the signature restrictions and fix the quote etc. buttons
Captain
# 13
06-20-2012, 05:19 AM
These... these are bad.
Ensign
# 14
06-20-2012, 05:22 AM
A few things that need altering:-

• The gap between the header and content needs reducing, its too large and creates an eyesore.
  • The forum buttons are gif's with white backgrounds, they need to be on dark backgrounds (very shoddy work)
  • The post reply text box needs restyling, it is far to bright and strains the eyes, which is a terrable thing on a forum!
  • None of the original authers can post in thier stickied threads, so many of them will need to be remade.
  • No icon showing whichs threads you have actually posted in (that I can see atleast)

I will also say that archiving everything is a 'very bad thing', there is alot of psycology at play when creating and running a forum, one of the main things you want to achieve is to get users to have a sence of ownership and standing, to archive peoples posts and reset thier join dates completely smashes down all that has been built up by longstanding forum users (like myself who has been here for 4 years). I'm quite shocked that these changes were not advertised more clearly, more so what was going to happen to everyones posts, to just dump these changes on a forum community like this was very badly thought out.

Edit:- Another alteration, the 'lists' feature doesn't work on these forums... *sighs*

Formerly Suricata - Join Date July 2008

Last edited by suricarta; 06-20-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Commander
# 15
06-20-2012, 05:36 AM
I dont like the new design (too dark, some default icons still there, too large header) and i dont like how we are forced to create a PWE account (just to give more companies my personal details). Just another way of Cryptic/PWE to make their customers mad.

oh i dont care but lot of others will. i just see my forum post count being 1. well, i dont care much but i can already see the masses complaining.. give me the popcorn.

Last edited by tebsu; 06-20-2012 at 05:38 AM.
Captain
# 16
06-20-2012, 05:36 AM
File a ticket expressing your annoyance. Best thing to do right now. Be polite though as if you really express your annoyance with them, they'll just blow you off.

edit: I just discovered we can;t have personal avatars. Lovely. Since the username is too small to read, there's really no way I can tell who is posting what.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
06-20-2012, 05:59 AM
I want my avatar customization back, and I want it so those of us who are Lifetime Subs can be distinguished from the normal users, also I want my posts count back, get rid of Zen points since they've already proven unreliable and very hackable. Who dreamed up this mess?
Career Officer
# 18
06-20-2012, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
and then proceded to get rid of the in-game mail system
-checks his private message box to find it empty-
I had a redemption code for 1000 c-points in there. That's nice. :frown:
Rihannsu
# 19
06-20-2012, 06:54 AM
You know what else is slick? Diarrhea..

-Lily
Ensign
# 20
06-20-2012, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hortwort View Post
-checks his private message box to find it empty-
I had a redemption code for 1000 c-points in there. That's nice. :frown:
To lessen your sadness.
It's now a different PM system.
Your old mails are still accessible ingame.